Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] L IV: The future of FPSC multiplayer. Please read.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 00:49
Just because you give Lee something that he likes doesn't mean he's going to use it. Take my variable system for example. I gave him the code for mine before V1.09 came out and the one he implemented didn't even remotely resemble the one I gave to him. Oh well...

Urlforce, looking good. Sorry I wasn't able to help beta. Lot on my mind and lot on my plate.

Few suggestions... how about adding in the ability for people to download maps that they don't already have? This could help for like, releasing your game and then people would be able to add their own maps, use the same server as everyone else, and people would be able to download those maps straight out of the lounge. Very versatile.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Kind of like F.E.A.R., how it automatically downloads custom maps on a server.
wowblobby
Years of Service
User Offline
ya but you should make it to were its like a halo 3 or cod4 style mod so you can make teams or have it put you on a randomo one

touch the cat fell my bat
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 04:39 Edited at: 24th Jul 2008 04:40
Oh yes, let's go with the flow! Let's be exactly like everyone else with nothing to seperate us from the awesome games that are already out and give no one a reason to use this over those games!

BRILLIANT!!!

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Lemme copy this from Ply's Ply's Mod 1.07 PREVIEW!! thread:

People have different views on where their programs should go. Occasionally, I come across a C# DLL that's free, but licensed under the GPL, meaning that unless my project is free and open-source, I can't use it.

Same goes with mods. People have different views. Airslide makes AirMod free to use and open source, even for commercial use. Although efxMod is free, it is not open source, and not free for commercial use. Other mods, like Ply's Mod are free, but with a watermark, and not for commercial use, but also feature a version that people can purchase without the watermark, and for commercial use.

I'm guessing these differences prevent the mods from being combined.

Bottom line is this: Don't bug people to make things or do things. It just messes stuff up.

FPSC is not going to turn into a game with the quality of Halo 3 or COD4. It just won't, especially in multiplayer. Be happy with what you've got.
Forza Inter
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "why don't all moders make a mod for fpsc V2 ?"

If you read that I wrote you will see this

and what I said in this message is : why don't all moders from the community don't do fpsc V2 with all the mod from the forum and TGC add something they said they are going to add in fpsc V2
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "why don't all moders from the community don't do fpsc V2 with all the mod from the forum and TGC add something they said they are going to add in fpsc V2 "

What?

nrus007
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm new to FPSC as I'm sure you can tell. I just have a few questions sorry if they are nooby.

1.) How many players can play at one time (I can see 16 in your screenshot is there anymore than this?)

2.) How many game modes are there for this and how much will it cost and when will it be released?

Thanks,

nrus007
nrus007
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm new to FPSC as I'm sure you can tell. I just have a few questions sorry if they are nooby.

1.) How many players can play at one time (I can see 16 in your screenshot is there anymore than this?)

2.) How many game modes are there for this and how much will it cost and when will it be released?

Thanks,

nrus007
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 12:28
hey urlforce when we will get a beta or something,i would like to implent this in my mp game

Current FPSC Projects:
Lion 3D (Wolf3D remake)10% done
Unknown World 25% done
Forza Inter
Years of Service
User Offline
excuse me Urlforce but I'm not english

why moders of the forum don't make fpsc V2 together with all the mods from the forum and TGC adds what they had planned to add that isn't in the mods and add framerate

it would be good for all communities's fpsc
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm new to FPSC as I'm sure you can tell. I just have a few questions sorry if they are nooby.

2.) How many game modes are there for this and how much will it cost and when will it be released?"

I ain't UrlForce but Lemur 2 had support for 16 players so I think this will have 16. And Any-more than that and FPSC will lag mentally!

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 00:12
I definitely have to keep my eye on this thread.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 00:38
Quote: "However - This is a mp mod."

You want to strip everything possible out of a multiplayer map.
The reason that I have had some success with MP maps is that I use a limited amount of media.If you want a high speed,deathmatch style environment you don't need unneccessary eye candy slowing you down.
On top of the fact that not everybody's connection is the same speed so while you may be able to watch that pretty river running at 3 bazillion frames a second the next guy might not.
Computer performance is another factor.Not everybody has the new MST 3000 800 terabyte multicore machine.
Thow a bunch of unnecessary stuff into it on top of this and you get a mess.
The point of an arena match is to kill people not to sightsee.Performance over pretty when it comes to MP.

The floating skull is gone but the flames burn on!!!
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You want to strip everything possible out of a multiplayer map.
The reason that I have had some success with MP maps is that I use a limited amount of media.If you want a high speed,deathmatch style environment you don't need unneccessary eye candy slowing you down.
On top of the fact that not everybody's connection is the same speed so while you may be able to watch that pretty river running at 3 bazillion frames a second the next guy might not.
Computer performance is another factor.Not everybody has the new MST 3000 800 terabyte multicore machine.
Thow a bunch of unnecessary stuff into it on top of this and you get a mess.
The point of an arena match is to kill people not to sightsee.Performance over pretty when it comes to MP."

Fred's got it exactly right

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 08:21
Quote: "excuse me Urlforce but I'm not english

why moders of the forum don't make fpsc V2 together with all the mods from the forum and TGC adds what they had planned to add that isn't in the mods and add framerate

it would be good for all communities's fpsc "

Thats not our choice to make

[url=][/url]The Ultimate Battle Mod, high fps, particles, and more.
wowblobby
Years of Service
User Offline
yes but i was just saying that because it would have 4 kinds of teams 1 a random team 2 make a team with friends 3 pick a team with the best players and leave the noobs to die by themself 4 umm ok cant think of a four but ones sure to come

touch the cat fell my bat
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 20:23
Great Mod Urlforce, I remember ol' Lemur V2 free edition, I actually released a map with that....somewhere.......

I'd love to work with this and make some maps to showcase it upon it's release, if you need any maps made or script testing, I'll be happy to help......

Then again, you're probably all set anyway......

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "yes but i was just saying that because it would have 4 kinds of teams 1 a random team 2 make a team with friends 3 pick a team with the best players and leave the noobs to die by themself 4 umm ok cant think of a four but ones sure to come"

What are you talking about?

Quote: "Great Mod Urlforce, I remember ol' Lemur V2 free edition, I actually released a map with that....somewhere.......

I'd love to work with this and make some maps to showcase it upon it's release, if you need any maps made or script testing, I'll be happy to help......

Then again, you're probably all set anyway...... "

I'll be sure to hit you up for help if need be

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 05:43 Edited at: 26th Jul 2008 05:44
Quote: "yes but i was just saying that because it would have 4 kinds of teams 1 a random team 2 make a team with friends 3 pick a team with the best players and leave the noobs to die by themself 4 umm ok cant think of a four but ones sure to come"

Huh?? Make some sense.
Forza Inter
Years of Service
User Offline
when are you going to release it?
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 18:32
ANOTHER QUESTION!

Will the lobby ystem automatically create the right amount of teams for the respective level. So if I have a map with 4 tema and I have eightmplayers in my lobby, will they be split into pairs? Or something along those lines.

I troll because I care.
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
Will the lobby ystem automatically create the right amount of teams for the respective level. So if I have a map with 4 tema and I have eightmplayers in my lobby, will they be split into pairs? Or something along those lines."

That has not been worked out yet. I am not sure I will add a team setup option as the system Lee uses for the player data in the rest of the source is different than mine. We'll have to see.

Quote: "when are you going to release it? "

When I have time to finish it.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 23:06
Quote: "Quote: "when are you going to release it? "
When I have time to finish it."

Makes sense...
I do hope that they are going to add at least some of the Lemur stuff in the migration version.
Quite a bit of the stuff (like the radar) works in sigle player mode too.
Just like empty's mod brought us the first save/load Lemur brought us the first big jump in multiplayer.

Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 23:46
Quote: "When I have time to finish it."

That's the best way to go about it. Don't let others put you down and make you release an unfinished product.

Forza Inter
Years of Service
User Offline
I hope this time it will be released
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I hope this time it will be released"

When was it not released?

Forza Inter
Years of Service
User Offline
lemur V3 wasn't released
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 00:00
I think he was referring to uber graphics Lemur, with bloom and water, not equally uber Lemur, with teh MP l33tn355.......

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "lemur V3 wasn't released "

Lemur 3 is another ongoing project that is not written in DBPRO, and the general public does not know about it. So I have no idea why you think it was never released when it was never posted about?

Quote: "I think he was referring to uber graphics Lemur, with bloom and water, not equally uber Lemur, with teh MP l33tn355....... "

Uber GFX Lemur was never really lemur at all. Lol.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 01:45
What version of fpsc should I use, I want to build maps now for this mod.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 02:07
V1.07.......I would believe.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 02:19
One thing Id like to see in the mod, say I make a game, I put it out free, people play it and like it, alls great, but what I dont want is people taking the game, putting it on their sites and saying, yea this is my game, Id like it so that in some way I have control, so say I add new levels, they have to get them from me, if I ad patches, they get it from me, whatever they do, its from me, so perhaps something like a key or something, Im not sure how, but just something so that I maintain control, I mean say If I put a donations button on the site, so that people can if they want aid the games development, I want that to go to me, and not some mirror site, Id like people to visit the site and read about the game and download it and maintain some control over it.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 02:22
You could do what Butters did. Add a file into the installer that documents the customers name, alias, E-Mail, etc. Make it unique for each user, and stick it in a hidden folder.

Then, if someone puts it somewhere and claims it as their own, you can tell whodunnit....

Forza Inter
Years of Service
User Offline
or you can make a background with your name same that izolis did but in 1024 * 768 and you protect your game
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a mp only mod. Sorry.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 11:25
Quote: "or you can make a background with your name same that izolis did but in 1024 * 768 and you protect your game "

Not quite sure what you mean buy that...

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Exactly...
And please guys if you request something, make sure it's related to multiplayer...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 23:38
Alrighty then, I want......lol......

Hmmm, not sure really, other than the usual of flak weapons, dynamic entities that react to physics, you know, the usual aspirations....

I'm quite happy to use it as is for MP games, it's good enough already...

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 00:35
I don't know if it's possible but I would like voice chat if it could be implemented that way s4real can't unload his machine gun in my back anymore while I worry about what the blazes I am typing.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 00:36
lol,Thats a good idea

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 01:50 Edited at: 29th Jul 2008 01:51
Me second it.

Also whats the performance with this, can we get a decent amount of people playing the maps, also is this multiplayer like all other games have multiplayer, or is it some work around, its multiplayer, but with a spanner in it somehow, yes you can play online but there is some catch some place, Ive never set up a server or hosted games, so Im not sure on the questions to ask, but being a mod of fpsc, there must be a catch, something to shove the spanner into how it works, its online play, but not the same some as proper multiplayer, you get what Im saying some headache some place, or can I relax and turn out maps and there is no problems or catch, its just like all other multiplayer games have done for years, you will shock me if so, becuase with fpsc there is always a catch, always.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 01:58
Timer based frames are a must, not necessarily MP, but it''l still add to the experience and smoothness......

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 03:21
yes, Timer based frames would be good, perhaps even an inventory system so one can buy items, extra health, armour and ammo etc.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 05:33
People get way too greedy with mods...

I'm just happy that somebody is working with multiplayer. Cheers, dude.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 06:32 Edited at: 29th Jul 2008 07:07
Can other peoples scripts be used in multiplayer?

Also, I have efx on my system at the moment, can I keep it in, build MP maps save them, then later on, uninstall efx put Lemur in and compile the same maps, or is it a case of having to delete mods, use 1.07, I have 1.08 at the moment, with other engines it doesnt matter, you save the map data, you can put in and out what you want, is it the same with fpsc?

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 11:21
Maybe a abillity to customize the player. Like choosing one sidearm and a primary weapon.
Maybe this would be possible with working scripts in Arena mode.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 21:20
Nice work Urlforce. Don't let me scare ya off

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 23:05
Quote: "I'm just happy that somebody is working with multiplayer."

Same here, same here. I just don't get how people can think multiplayer isn't important.

Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
^ oh god yes.

TGC refuse outright to make a multiplayer update. Multiplayer is the future of all technology. not just games. Think about the telephone, tv, radio, sattelites etc. All to communicate and do stuff with other peoplein other places. otherwise we would be spending our lives in a box with a rubix, rubix i say not companion, cube all our lives.

M U L T I P L A Y E R!

cant wait for it to be released.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 01:17:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 01:17:42