Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / The Official DarkMORG - MMORPG FPS Server/Client WIP Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2009 20:05 Edited at: 7th May 2009 17:57
I jumped from the original version that came with DBP Online and upgraded to U73. What a disaster! It completely broke with Barnski's Lua5.1 Plugin v1.1.1. compiling without a hitch, but crashing the .exe with no errors when ran. Unfortnately, this presented a Show Stopper.

I asked if others had issues with this on a couple of other forums, but, rapidly became impatient waiting for replies. I've been working hard on the GUI and I'm getting anxious to get to work on the MECS 3D system. I downgraded to U69 and all has returned to normal + a 10FPS Speed boost! No Green Ear for DarkMORG

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 21:09 Edited at: 7th May 2009 21:13
dScribe System: Slash/Blast/Cast/Paths

dScribe is a First Person Weapons/Action Control System that uses the Mouse and Cursor(s) to draw Sword Slashes, Gun Blasts, Cast Magic, Movement Paths, and various other actions.

The system provides a unique Point & Click interface suitable for fast past action within a First Person `Shooter` view and allows hand/weapons to be removed from view area. Another feature of the system detachment of cursor from the camera allow free movement of the cursor along XY axis.

A variety of Animation and Movement techniques can be applied to the cursor. Animation, Special Effects, and Sound FX are applied to the `Scribe` (drawn line) coupled with traditional particle/lensflare/decal/shader effects.

Pathing: Draw Paths for movement using freeform, splines, etc. The MB is used to drop waypoints/spline points along the path.

Slashing: Draw Lines (straight & curve) that represent slash/wield strikes. The MB is held down during the `slash` and released upon completion.

Blasting: Mouse moves Cursor along X/Y. The MB is used to generate a Burst (instant Line Of Sight Damage) or Projectile when pressed/released.

Casting: Draw Symbols (Runes) that activate Spells. The MB is held/release to draw symbols. When the symbol is completed (via Digital Character Recognition) then the spell is activated.

Azunaki
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm... these seem pretty interesting. never heard of anything like the casting one. but something you may want to consider is a time or press/length limit. by that i mean limit how long they can press or how long they can make the lines and such. you probably have thought about it but since you didn't say anything about it i thought i would mention it in case you didn't
TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2009 08:40 Edited at: 20th May 2009 08:43
With the recent release of

I'm seriously considering spinning off a Open Source version of the entire DarkMORG MMORPG Server/Client. Restrictions with the use of Commercial Plugins and Network Security were previously obstacles, however, I have a new perspective. With the Open Source Version, Free Replacement plugins and key-based encryption would be employed.

I'm employing two Commercial Plugins that have critical role in DarkMORG's design: DarkPhysics and DarkAI. I'm seeking suitable replacements for the open source version. The Newton Game Dynamics WRAPPER v1.32 and Astar Pathfinding Plugins are looking real good. There are several other Free Plugins that I will incorporting into my commerical version.

Pursuing a complete Open Source Version would really be based on the amount of interest I receive as this has been attempted by RiiDii and others. I will continue to release Open Source Modules that do not rely on commercial plugins. The next one on the agenda is the Modular Entity Construction System (MECS).

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2009 21:20
TechLord = Legend

This is an excellent idea. Although some people have Dark Physics and Dark AI and may want you to keep them. Newton is hardly the quality of Dark Physics and Astar will need some work to make into an AI system.

Very good work, and I look forward to the release.

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2009 14:53 Edited at: 26th May 2009 15:20
Hi kaedroho,

I've been eye-balling BlitzTerrain and would like to implement it in my MMO for terrain management. I'm striving to minimize the use of commercial plug-ins with my new focus on open source. So I'm very curious as to what features will distinguish between free and paid versions.

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 09:35
this is looking sweet, much progress since the last time i look (the last time i was on this forum about a year ago )

Anyone need a masterserver for their game? Email me
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 19:15
The free version will provide just as much speed as the full version. The main differences are:

Max terrains: Free 4 Full 256
Max terrain size: Free 1024 Full 4096

Full has Realtime Terrain Modification support and may have a few extra features on release.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:22:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:22:49