Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / The Fight For Independence Contest!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Ekipshi - try building the game ONLY with level three (bear with me here). If that works build the game again with all three levels - only this time you will need to alter level three for one of the default example levels provided with FPSC. Take the "level 1" file from the first build and rename it "level 3" (is there a space there? not sure, so check). Then take the level three and put it in the appropriate folder of the second build. This should work no problem (I done it a whole bunch).

But beware that any entities or segments that appear in level three only will not show up - if you have unique entities in level three add them to the example level you load up as a place holder - this will ensure the necessary files are added into the final build.

Hope this helps
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 00:58 Edited at: 1st Aug 2009 01:24
Uhmm.. as soon as a I figure out what all t hat says, i will try it

But for now I'm testing reverting somethings back the way they were to see if something i added/changed (i altered the height of the roof segemts so maybe that messes up the portals or somthing, i don't know, you know FPSC ) is messing it up, also, a custom weapon i added in may be causing it, as the build seems to crash at Initializing Weapons

Ok i guess that makes sense, I will try building level 3 alone in a second here
Ok level 3 builds fine on it's own. But still glitches with the other 3 so i will try what you suggested chidem, with any luck this will be done and uploaded very soon
But what about the other entries?

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 01:32
Hey,

regaurding Apple Juice mod, just drag and drop my EXE into your 1.15 vannilla fpsc's built game folder.

Should work fine.
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
That's what i did do, it's not your mod though, something bout the build game function hates doing all my levels at once
So I'[m using a roundabout method

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 02:54 Edited at: 1st Aug 2009 03:10
!!! Tis not working... The exe loads the 3rd level and at the very end it crashes to desktop
Sometimes i really hate FPSC... I've checked everythign to find a potential problem. So after a month or so of hard work, FPSC just insists on being a

Unless i can find a magical solution by midnight, that's it...
Is there anythign else that needs to be copied besides the media required chidem?

EDIT: Yes, speak of the devil, magical solution found
This is goin all the way, let me set up the loader and this will be uploaded ASAP!

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is there anythign else that needs to be copied besides the media required chidem? "

No - here is a method that might work.

Create a single level game with no lighting - we'll call this level PLACEHOLDER. In that level place every segment/entity your game uses, including any music zones, etc, etc. Then build the game as if it were your final build with all the correct loading screens, etc - only use PLACEHOLDER instead of your three levels. Once this game is built put it to one side. We'll call this built game GAME-A.

Next build a game but only have level 1 from your actual game in the build (Don't do three level 1s - just the one will do). We'll call this GAME-1.

Next build another game, this time with level 2 as the only level. This is GAME-2.

Finally build another game, the only level being level 3 - this is GAME-3.

Now go into the appropriate folders in GAME-2, GAME-3 and find the level file - each one will be called "level 1" - change the level names in each to "level 2" and "level 3" respecively - not sure if there's a space in there (probably not) so check how the file is named.

Next open up GAME-A and find the levels - delete them all. Then from GAME-1 bring over level 1 (there was no need to rename this), then from GAME-2 bring over level 2 and finally, from GAME-3, bring over level three. Assuming FPSC can build level 3 of your game by itself this should work. I would start by trying to build level three in isolation - if it works crack on with this. Will probably take an hour or two depending on your build game settings.
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 03:35 Edited at: 1st Aug 2009 03:36
Quote: "
EDIT: Yes, speak of the devil, magical solution found
This is goin all the way, let me set up the loader and this will be uploaded ASAP!"

Thanks though Your suggestion helped a whole lot, i just needed to change something in the setup.ini

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 05:42 Edited at: 1st Aug 2009 05:45
Here it is, fully uploaded and here for playing
No other entries? Cool, this keeps up and I'll get 2nd for sure lol
still competition would be nice.

If no one else enters, then i got 2nd ,because
A: Congrats on the BOTB chidem
B: This is my first game so it's rough

Story: July 5th, 1949: After a long battle, we eventually had to give in...
The enemy had won, took our city, our land, our pride...
Our citizens tremble with fear while their captors drink and laugh, gloating about their latest victory...
However, all is not lost. They are expecting us to retaliate, with full force, their entire legion ready to hold their prize. Tommorow, we will pretend to retreat, leave our final bunker in the mountains..
I will assign one man to stay, he won't know what's going on. He won't understand his purpose, I've watched this soldier throughout the years... He is perfect for this plan. If all goes well, it shall be us, drinking, and spitting in the faces of our enemy...

The Download! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NS5ZT0LZ
Just extract the First folder Titled Redemption, and use the Exe within that folder

Tis be a shame noone else entered..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 06:21
Looks great! Though it may be a 2 days before I get this scored because I have something personal I need to do that will take up all my time tommorow, and right now I'm tired. Off to bed, can't wait to play it Epikshi I'm glad chidems got some competition! By the way, Kennedy, did you get my email?

dark peanut

Look for me on CoD4 online for PC. My username's Arbiquator (strange I know but it's the first thing that came to mind)

Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 16:25
That's it - contest is over. No more entries. Ekipshi and chidem were the only ones to get any entries in on time.

I'm still waiting for the other judges to email me with their results for chidem's entry.

Priest of the Church of Joe Wood

In memory of Nanee. 9/1/1993 - 5/16/2009. Rest in Peace, little girl.
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 17:28
Kennedy I already emailed you my results, if you didn't recieve it I can re-email you.

dark peanut

Look for me on CoD4 online for PC. My username's Arbiquator (strange I know but it's the first thing that came to mind)

Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2009 00:30
dp, I got yours for chidem, but not for ekipshi's. waiting on the other three.

Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 15:00
Wow. I thought this contest was a pretty good idea. Based on the initial response, so did everyone else. Unfortunately, only 2 entries were submitted, and I've gotten results for only 1 of them from 1 of the judges. I therefore have no other recourse than to declare a winner on my own.

Ekipshi, your entry was fantastic. Loved the game. I would love to see this developed further and turned into a major full-scale game.

chidem, your game showed what the stock engine can do when you really push it. The idea was great, the execution was even better. This is another game I'd love to see developed further and turned into a major full-scale game.

Choosing a winner is not easy based on having only 2 entries. And I don't want anyone's feelings hurt, but there can be only 1 winner. And that person is....

chidem.

Your frontier game really pushed the envelope of what the stock engine can do, and what a game created with FPSC should be. The whole idea of conscience, and marriage, and owning property is something I've never seen in an FPS game before, and it's something that isn't even done much in other game styles. You really should be proud of what you've accomplished.

I can't speak for the other people who said they would donate prizes, but I will honor the one I can give. I will need both chidem and Ekipshi to email me with the details about what you'd like your floor/wall stuff to look like, with any applicable textures or pictures that you have. I'll do my best to get the segments/entities back to you in the next 7 days.

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 15:53 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2009 15:54
Sorry Kennedy I couldn't find the time to score Ekipshi's entry. Congratulations chidem!! I'll email you your score sheet and I'll get my overlay pack prize(I'm very pleased with how it came out by the way) sent to both of you this afternoon(its 7:50 in the morning here) Congratulations for both of you for sticking with it and showing great results!! Once again Kennedy so sorry but I've had a busy personal schedule the last few days.

dark peanut

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks so much, Leon - I greatly appreciate all your feedback and, of coursem choosing my entry. Ekipshi, I haven't had a chance to play your game yet (real world obligations, and all that) but I intend to soon - form what Leon said, it sounds amazing!! Leon, i'll email you shortly re: prizes, etc.

Dark Peanut - I'll look forward to the score sheet
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 19:02 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2009 19:02
Thanks Leon
I would have had a little more time to fine tune it but FPSC felt like being a jerkoff and deleted all my custom scripts, so i had to go and re-write all those

Congratulations Chidem, outstanding game, it was really fun just exploring the wilderness and finding all the little areas. Outstanding job, especially using vanilla
Wear that BOTB badge proudly

Leon I'll E-Mail you soon
It really is a shame no-one else entered, and where'd all the other judges go as well?

Well thanks for holding this Leon, it was a lot of fun and i did learn a lot about FPSC during this.

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 20:43
Alright I just got back home, let me type up a Readme, get the files sorted, and get them on my laptop and you should expect them in half an hour Again congratulations to both of you.

dark peanut

JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 20:45 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2009 20:54
Expect mine soon aswell. I have sent the files via e-mail to the ones I could find (chidem, the webmaster address on your site and MSN one).
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 21:33
Prizes(and scoresheet for chidem) sent. Enjoy.

dark peanut

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome you 2!

DP, i got the Overlay pack, gotta say it's awesome Will be very useful in just about any game i make

JRH, loving your prize pack as well, was gonna buy the wallbomb in the store, but, hey there it is
Love all the music in there as well.

Cheers!

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 23:58
Thank you very much for the kind words Ekiphsi.
Chidem I'm assuming you downloaded it because it has recieved 2 downloads so far. If this is not the case email me.

dark peanut

JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2009 00:39
I was just wondering when the next compos gonna be?

I think I'd finish an entry on time, as I am expecting to find myself with a lot of spare time soon (due to the credit crunch).

Are you going to start another competition?

Thanks
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Unfortunately I think Leon's going to be leaving...
We'll miss you dude

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2009 00:50
Sorry guys but i cannot judge

I have too much to do my won contest to make some websites to design for many users around the place and i have been tied down with work just dont have the time, very sorry about short notice drop out.

@Leon
If your going we will miss you good luck in future endeavors

Freelance Web Designer Email me for quotes and samples of works

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:21:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:21:00