Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Blox - Save the world from the evil Blox!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 22:05
Quote: "However this is your first complete game--you should not feel obligated to sell it. I say you spend another year or two working hard on your game dev skills, then you should be capable of producing a little minigame like this one that you could sell for a couple bucks.
"

Wasn't my idea, it was dads. I hated it personally. I will probably make it free and it will be here on program announcements for you guys. That is what I thought AndrewT.

Phosphoer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 23:41
Don't have to charge for it just because your dad suggested it :p
I'd put it up for free on your site as well if I were you.

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 00:38 Edited at: 11th Jul 2009 00:41
@ Zeus
Well, it's me again, don't worry I'm not here to be mean this time, myself and Joeeigel only now doubt this WIP's progress because we aren't convinced you drew the sprites yourself. (Please tell us otherwise)

Nevertheless, here is some advice:
About oo, I duno, 4 years ago I'd guess... I started wanting to make things called "companies" to sell the games I discovered I could make in DBP. I sold a few really aweful games to like, one person. It was fairly pointless and didn't leave me with a good feeling.
4 years on, I'm still making games that I wouldn't sell, regardless of how their quality has improved.
Basically my advice is: it's not really worth selling your product, unless people are really going to want to buy it. You will do yourself more good if you give your games away. Through giving your games away, you get reputation and feedback from your consumers as well as the enjoyment that you're giving them something they can enjoy too.

You should consider the advice people are offering you on selling this, but at the end of the day - its your decision whether to sell it or not. (Not your father's, not anyone on the forum's)

Happy Cheesecake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 04:06
I agree that you should not sell the game. But, if you do decide to sell the game, lower the price to something reasonable for a game of this size. About $1.50 if you did sell it. Basically, as low as your conscience can handle.

"Lemonade: Is there something wrong with having a personal opinion?

Hobgoblin Lord: Only in a forum where people are gonna tear you apart for the fun of it."
Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 05:38
Quote: "Well, it's me again, don't worry I'm not here to be mean this time, myself and Joeeigel only now doubt this WIP's progress because we aren't convinced you drew the sprites yourself. (Please tell us otherwise)"

I drew everything except the smiley guy, the background, the regular blox, and the life and teleport bar. Why is that a bad thing?

I do not want to sell it, I know it is not good enough to sell.

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 05:49
@ Zeus
Quote: "Why is that a bad thing?"

I guess it isn't a bad thing really, just Joe and I have an obsession with everything being made by the developer otherwise it doesn't feel like your own work.

Either way, it's good to see you nearing completion on something.

Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 06:02
Zeus, C0wbox, Happy Cheesecake, and "Joe":
Are all of you neighbors or...?

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 06:14
@ Profit
Lol what? - No we're not neighbours

1. We're all forumers.
2. Joe is in my dev-team and we follow Zeus's projects very closely.
3. Happy Cheesecake is a guy who joined the forums a little while ago.

xD that's it.

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 06:19
Quote: "
2. Joe is in my dev-team and we follow Zeus's projects very closely."

Lol we have noticed.

nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 12:31 Edited at: 11th Jul 2009 12:31
Nevermind.

Tom J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2009 16:45
This is a good game, you've made a lot of progress in these past couple of years

If you see a thread of mine in GDT, please don't expect it to go anywhere.
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2009 18:18 Edited at: 12th Jul 2009 18:19
For the benefit of people who don't check the PA board this game has been released.

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Game looks good but put in points and when you earn over a thousand points you get a life.I bet your ignoring me

Im a making a game soon..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 23:08:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 23:08:20