Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] My FPSC turned To FPSC FREE!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
WTF (sorry about that) But i spent £25 on some software...

Then it does this. ( i noticed the thread at the top of the page! But that doesnt work either... ) PLZ HELP or i would like a refund....

www.fpsccentral.co.nr <- Models, media and much much more.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 23:11
It's amazing that we have a sticky with the title
Quote: "!!! Did your FULL VERSION of FPS Creator turn into FPS FREE. Look in here. !!!"

And you still miss it.

So just go to that thread.

Grief is nature's aphrodisiac
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 23:12
...wowsers.

Wheatech
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " ( i noticed the thread at the top of the page! But that doesnt work either... ) "

AND YOU DIDNT SEE THAT!

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 23:26 Edited at: 24th Jul 2009 23:27
So your saying you put your serial code into the userdetails.ini lol?

And yeah I didn't see that because I made an assumption that a newcomer did something retarded that newcomers generally do. So I didn't even bother reading it.

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 23:31
Quote: "I made an assumption that a newcomer did something retarded that newcomers generally do"

That seemed a little harsh, just saying.

@ Wheatech: Are you sure you followed the instructions exactly? It should work, in fact it happened again to me just this morning, and it worked out fine - make sure you're not doing things like putting a space between the equal sign and your name/serial code, using/spelling the wrong name, or leaving FPS Creator open whilst trying to correct the problem.

-Cheers

Ich will in Beifall untergehen.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 23:35 Edited at: 24th Jul 2009 23:36
Quote: "That seemed a little harsh, just saying."

Bro you've been here two years, I'm sure you've seen some retarded things too lol. It's not like I haven't done anything retarded. I've definitely done some dumb things here before.

Wheatech
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, thanks braden. But unfortunatly this didnt work either...

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 23:52
I am very confused as to why TGC has not fixed this issue. Is it not fixable? Luckily, I have never encountered the problem. It would be very helpful if those who did have the problem would help a little and give more info.

Did it happen after...

Downloading from the TGC store?
Doing a system restore?
Running a virus or spyware scan?
Using a registry utility or cleaner?
????

Or does TGC know what causes this and I'm just wasting time and keystrokes?

Brian.

Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother forty whacks.

fpsFREE - Contact Me
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 23:54
Did you try reinstalling FPSC?

Wheatech
Years of Service
User Offline
Will Try

Wheatech
Years of Service
User Offline
STILL NOT WORKING, THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING!!!

It happened after installing fpsc update!!

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 00:06
@ Jenkins: Granted...I've done some wicked dumb things too lol

@Wheatech: This is really weird man, it should work after adding those things to the userdetails, but if not then you definitely have a problem. I would try emailing TGC Support directly, when this happened the first time to me a while ago, and there was no forum activity about it, that's where I went for help and they corrected the issue.

But for me personally, it seems this is happening when I re-install FPSC and update it to the latest version.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 00:09 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 00:11
We know that this happens after the update that is what happens to all of us it is a new security addition to make sure you have a valid serial code and is intentional in FPSC X10 there is a box on the splash screen that tells you to enter it looks like they havnt got around to adding in X9 yet. You need to add your serial exactly like it says in that thread and if that fails we CANNOT help you at all you need to contact billing support as we are not allowed to help you with serial code issues.

NOTE: If using Vista then you MUST turn off UAC or adding the serial key to the file will fail so ensure your doing that if you have vista

And Jenkins i know what you mean this sort of thing is really annoying and gets on your nerves how many people cannot do something so easy as replace 1 line of text.

Freelance Web Designer Email me for quotes and samples of works
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 00:14 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 00:15
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153576&b=21

Quote: "I am very confused as to why TGC has not fixed this issue. Is it not fixable?

...Or does TGC know what causes this and I'm just wasting time and keystrokes?"

...I gave up expecting TGC to care one iota about supporting their products.
They never seriously have, and they never seriously will.

Of course this issue is correctable. The bug occurs due to coding that was
implemented. It can be solved by coding. Apparently TGC is more concerned with other things.

Once again, its customers are expected to problem solve, and fend for themselves,
in order to make FPSC a functional piece of software...

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 00:20 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 00:20
Lmao i just noticed that help thread the reason it says its locked is

Locked / Offensive

and...

yeh TGC have really lost their touch what happened to us getting the migration last year makes you wonder why us older guys are still here sometimes with all this going on.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 00:35 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 00:40
Quote: "Lmao i just noticed that help thread the reason it says its locked is

Locked / Offensive
"

Thraxas told me to get all the red exclamation marks it has to say Locked/Offensive

Wheatach - After you have reinstalled, have you tried the userdetails.ini again?

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 00:38
Ah makes sense now just looks funny a thread by a mod being locked for that

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 00:47 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 00:49
Marking a thread as 'offensive' is what gives it the beautiful red exclamation marks. Threads can also be marked as Flamebait, which I will do to that thread also to make it stand out even more But I will remove the Flamebait tag at some point today, so revel in it's glory while you can

Quote: "Of course this issue is correctable. The bug occurs due to coding that was
implemented. It can be solved by coding. Apparently TGC is more concerned with other things."

I believe it is an issue with the installer over-writing the userdetails.ini when it shouldn't. Remember the old installers made you re-type your serial each time you installed them but now you don't do that anymore. You just pick your path and install.

For everyone who has this issue there are many more who don't. So there must be more to it than a simple coding error otherwise it would affect everybody.

Have you tried uninstalling FPSC, installing your copy from the disc and then before you update make a copy of your userdetails.ini. Update your software and then if it says FPSC Free again replace the userdetails.ini with copy of your original one.

I do remember reading that if inputting your serial number didn't fix the problem it may be because your serial is blacklisted.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 00:48
I haven't gone so far as Seth yet but I am getting there.

I have always been supportive of TGC because I know the inherent problems with running a small company. A few people can get spread pretty thin. However, it appears they are ignoring a well documented, critical code fault that can and should be fixed or removed from the program. No excuse.

Brian.

fpsFREE - Contact Me
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 00:59
@ Thraxas:

How come there aren't any more flamebait threads? Is it against mod rules or something? I remember seeing a bunch when I first joined, but none since.

@ OP

If you have a problem, try posting some details or we can't help.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 01:02
Quote: "How come there aren't any more flamebait threads? Is it against mod rules or something?"

Not as far as I know. It's just that rather than let a flame war continue and have people start messing up the forums, the threads get locked instead.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 01:18 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 02:17
Quote: "I am very confused as to why TGC has not fixed this issue. Is it not fixable? "

Yes, it is fixable, but only after you figure out exactly when and why it happens.
I think this is like a ghost type issue because it happens at different times and is hard to repeat.

Quote: "Luckily, I have never encountered the problem. It would be very helpful if those who did have the problem would help a little and give more info."

Yeah, you are lucky then.

Quote: "Did it happen after...

Downloading from the TGC store?
Doing a system restore?
Running a virus or spyware scan?
Using a registry utility or cleaner?
????

Or does TGC know what causes this and I'm just wasting time and keystrokes?"

It happens to me on certain downloads.
It just happened when I installed mp31!
I'm going to correct it (again) and reinstall to see if that repeats.

Quote: "I believe it is an issue with the installer over-writing the userdetails.ini when it shouldn't. Remember the old installers made you re-type your serial each time you installed them but now you don't do that anymore. You just pick your path and install."

The initial installation of the engine needs you to pick a path, but the other installers, like model packs, should just read the userdetail data.
Some of the earlier Model Packs (I forget which but maybe Bond's 4) would check that file for the user details and take care of that for you.
So, if this is happening on downloads, then maybe a check on the file before the install could solve it.
That way it could be written back after the install and there ya go.

Edit
Confirmed!
I replaced my userdetails info again.
Then, I uninstalled the model pack 31.
Checked the userdetails and it was still ok.
Reinstalled the Model Pack 31.
Check the userdetails, and it was set to blanks again.

So, installing mp31 resets my engine to the free version.

It seems like TGC could wrap these packs in their own installer that could read userdetails/install model pack/write userdetails and fix that issue.

It could even check the file again for the blank fields and skip the write if they still had values after the install. (since it doesn't happen to everyone)

I know, I know, that does not find or remove the problem, but it would override it which is a temporary fix until it can be corrected properly.

Quote: "So there must be more to it than a simple coding error otherwise it would affect everybody."

May be the operating system settings for file/folder handling too.
Not all systems are the same, so they don't give like results.

I am almost certain that it is the "Choose Destination Location" part of the installer that is overwriting the userdetails with blanks.

The old installers, like the one for some of the old packs, actually read the existing values, which the new installers don't.
Therefore the new installers are writing blanks, since they never assigned a value to those fields from the existing data.

Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Like Thraxas said, if you are using a pirated version of FPSC, your serial code is blacklisted, so it won't work anymore.

Why remake a famous game when you could create your own?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 04:47
Quote: "Therefore the new installers are writing blanks, since they never assigned a value to those fields from the existing data."

Why are the new installers writing to the ini file at all? Why would the ini file be part of the media install?

Brian.

fpsFREE - Contact Me
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 05:58 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 06:06
Quote: "Why would the ini file be part of the media install? "

You're right, it should be reading only instead of writing to that at all.
I don't know man, I just wish it could be fixed somehow.

Until then, there is always the copy/paste, so just have a copy of the file somewhere handy to avoid retyping it all.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 06:08 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 06:09
LOL. You changed your post while I was writing mine.

I hope they fix it too.

Brian.

fpsFREE - Contact Me
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 06:10 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 06:19
I always just figured that when you install any of the updates or model packs, it runs a check against any blacklisted serial numbers and removes them. TGC busting your sorry freeloading butt.

So is this not the case? Because this has NEVER happened to me, and I've installed and reinstalled my copy of FPSC on quite a few of my PC's over the years, tons of times.

And on top of that, the people who have this problem always seem post it on the forum, instead of contacting support. Kind of like they know they can't go that route, if you know what I mean. Am I wrong?

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 06:19 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 06:20
I also have never had the issue, and wondered about that.

Let's assume that's the case. That means that the install checks for blacklisted numbers, and if it detects one, changes the program to the FREE version.

If you then fix the ini file with your info and pirated number, it is not checked again until you do an update or pack install.

It fits but I have a very hard time believing that some of the people who have experienced the problem pirated the program.

Brian.

fpsFREE - Contact Me
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 06:24
Quote: "the people who have this problem always seem post it on the forum, instead of contacting support"

Quote: "I would try emailing TGC Support directly, when this happened the first time to me a while ago, and there was no forum activity about it, that's where I went for help and they corrected the issue."

But yes, I do see your point bond1; I often wondered that myself.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 06:38 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 06:39
Let me just say though that I was just speculating, I have no insider info, nor am I accusing anyone of anything.

When this issue starting coming up, I just figured it was due to TGC clamping down on blacklisted serial numbers, and always chuckled to myself. Plus I remember Lee's cryptic responses on the forum when this issue started coming up to contact him directly, which made me suspect this was the case even moreso. Dunno.

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 08:00
When I first bought FPS Creator and installed it, I got the FPS Free thing come up and I am not using a pirated version bond1.

WizMod Developer.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 15:46
I've had it once, and I've definitely bought FPSC so blacklisting may not always be the case.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 15:51
Quote: "When this issue starting coming up, I just figured it was due to TGC clamping down on blacklisted serial numbers, and always chuckled to myself. Plus I remember Lee's cryptic responses on the forum when this issue started coming up to contact him directly, which made me suspect this was the case even moreso."

My copy is legit, and I do not see how anyone could have gotten my details to bootleg my serial number.

Quote: "I've had it once, and I've definitely bought FPSC so blacklisting may not always be the case."

Yeah, I have had it happen and I have bought two full versions of FPSC even though I only use one. (bonanza)
So, the issue should have nothing to do with blacklists in my case.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 16:58 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 16:59
Oh, so it's happened to you guys too? It just always seemed like it was newbies popping in out of nowhere to complain about it, hence my blacklisting theory.

Have you ever contacted support directly for an explanation? I've just wondered what the official word was from TGC on this, since nobody has ever mentioned it. I'm wondering if they would just say "yeah we know it's some random bug we can't track down". Or if my theory is right, perhaps they could tell you if your serial number became compromised at some point and ended up blacklisted.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 17:11 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 17:14
...both of my copies (disc and electronic transfer) came directly from TGC, back in the day,
and are 100% legit.

None-the-less, I've had this happen on at least two seperate occasions. Don't recall the
exact circumstances, but it surprised me at each instance.

The cut & paste method provided a fix each time, so ultimately there's no harm done...
just wasted time, and the nuisance of it all.

But why should we have to work around a glitch that TGC created, in the first place?

Guess my expectations are too high...

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 17:20 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 17:21
Quote: "But why should we have to work around a glitch that TGC created, in the first place?"

Because we want them focused on the migration and more model packs.
And, because like you said...
Quote: "The cut & paste method provided a fix each time, so ultimately there's no harm done..."

That fact (no harm done) pushes this issue down on the priority list.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 17:21 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 17:24
Is that what TGC support told you Seth, that you have to fix it yourself?

Has ANYONE having this problem actually contacted TGC support for an explanation? I guess since it's easily fixable there's no urgent need to. But I just always wondered what the official response would be from TGC. Would they say it's a random bug, or perhaps it's intentional. Maybe your serial number accidentally ended up on the blacklist.

If TGC actually monitors P2P site and such for pirated copies, all it would take is a typo for someone's legit serial number to end up blacklisted.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 17:22
Quote: "Has ANYONE having this problem actually contacted TGC support for an explanation?"

I have never contacted them about this.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 18:53 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 18:55
Quote: "Is that what TGC support told you Seth, that you have to fix it yourself?"

...I have contacted TGC on many occasions, during the years, on issues much more substantial than this.

My opinions are based upon my own experiences...namely not getting responses, answers or much in
the way of demonstrated concern for my questions, or concerns.

I'm a consumer first. I'm no fanboy, and if something is subpar, I'll call it like I see it.

To me, it's like beating a dead horse, and a huge waste of effort, to attempt to contact them about
product support. Been there. Done that.

I'm not saying anything about TGC, that isn't already well demonstrated by their track record, in regard
to customer service, and product support...

Wheatech
Years of Service
User Offline
Seth, you should run for president. (I thought u where admin)

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 19:33
...thanks, but no thanks.

Wheatech
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol, i wouldnt either.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 20:11 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 20:13
Quote: "'m not saying anything about TGC, that isn't already well demonstrated by their track record, in regard
to customer service, and product support..."

Ok,fair enough, that has been your experience. But mine has been different - I've always gotten an answer when I've contacted support, even before I released any model packs. That is true, their track record speaks for itself - free FPSC updates and bug fixes for years now on a regular basis, so I think they've supported FPSC sufficiently in my book.

But you're saying you haven't recieved responses at all when contacting support? So no one having this issue has even bothered telling TGC, but intead comes to the forum to complain?

Something ain't right here, no one can step forward and say, "I contaced support about this, and this is what TGC told me."

Wheatech: quit being such a crybaby and contact TGC support, then do us all a favor and let us know their response. Don't you think it's time to put this issue to rest once and for all? Let's quit beating around the bush here.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 20:18
bond1,

I don't know how many people encounter this issue, but I have seen many threads started on it. It seems to me that some have contacted support and were given the "overwrite the ini" fix, but I can't swear to that or point you anywhere. We even have a locked [[[!!!THREAD!!!]]] telling us how to fix it on our end.

Has this not been noticed or discussed in the MOD forum? Have any of the MOD's asked TGC about it?

Brian.

fpsFREE - Contact Me
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 20:25 Edited at: 25th Jul 2009 20:27
If that's the case then I'll be the first to shut the hell up. But I'll just say again that I've always gotten responses from support when I've contacted them. Then again, I speak and type in an intelligent manner.

Now if you send a question to support worded like this:

Quote: "WTF (sorry about that) But i spent £25 on some software...

Then it does this. ( i noticed the thread at the top of the page! But that doesnt work either... ) PLZ HELP or i would like a refund...."

...then yes you probably won't get a response from them.

JZ28
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: ""Has ANYONE having this problem actually contacted TGC support for an explanation?""

i did but i just got how to fix it as a response and blah blah blah.
i think the only way thy could fix it is to require the serial key every upgrade. and that would be a hassle. at least thats the only way i can see it being fixed.

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 01:47
Wheatech, if this problem continues and you're sure you've done everything right, the serial you used has been blacklisted, most likely because you got a pirated version or something. Double check, and if it still doesn't work, turn yourself in. I'm not accusing anyone here.
-Adrian

I love Taylor Swift. If I love you as much as I love Taylor, then you're one in a billion, very very special.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 04:02 Edited at: 26th Jul 2009 04:04
This actually happened to me just recently, but I've been too lazy to fix it. My key may be blacklisted, since I lost my serial code, and sent for a new one. Ironically, I found my old key maybe a few days later.

So I probably need to use that other key and save it on my comp.

IMO, considering the small TGC team, I'd STILL say they lack in good customer relationships. Remember how pissed everyone was with the trialpay thing? They've released at least 2 more rediculous deals like this, which suprisingly nobody has risen up about.

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 06:03
Quote: "Because we want them focused on the migration and more model packs."

Focused on the Migration? Haha, good luck. They havn't even started on it yet, 18 months after it was announced.

WizMod Developer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:19:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:19:42