Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Dark Game Studio Bonanza

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 01:36 Edited at: 26th Nov 2010 09:35
I've downloaded the files but some parts dont seeem to run on my machine .. is there any official support?

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2010 07:05
@owlman - take note of the sticky threads HERE for vista and win7 issues and info. also, it's best to specify which parts don't run and your system specs (including operating system) to get some solid help. good luck!

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA . DBPro V7.5
AMD Phenom™ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
owlman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2010 20:26
thanks for the offer Nomad .... I've detailed lower in this forum the problems I'm having .. hopefully you can help resolve the problems .. thanks

Visigoth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2010 03:36
just ordered..mostly for Dark Physics and Dark AI and Extends and Dark Shader and Plant Life.
Now I have an extra DBPro license and an extra Dark Lights license. What to do with them? Can they be transferred to a friend or something?
Orion_Uk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2010 04:20
You are welcome to donate to the charity of Me ANY TIME you like

Happy creating buddy
Orion_Uk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2010 04:27
Only kidding (seriously) I got the Bonanza ages ago, still getting in to it. Wife had a baby and time flew by!!! Also had alot of issues installing it on a vista 64 bit sys! Finally got it all up n running and now the wife and baby take up all my time

I Think they are non transferable m8, ask a Mod
Blue Steel AU
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2010 18:03
lol i have now got about 4dbp licences and up to 4 licesnes per all the other addons i've also purchaced over the years.. why.. because I originally bought dbpro and a lot of addons for full price.. since then i've been getting other extensions.. but been buying as many bundles as i can cause it woed out a lot cheaper to get them than to buy the extentions by them selves...

I've not even touched on 1/4 of the language or its addons that i've purchaced apart from installing them every time i have to re-install windos.. lol

theres just soo much and i still don't have everything..

megiddo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2010 19:37
at the moment there is 90% off the bonza deal
how long will that last?
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2010 00:10 Edited at: 19th Dec 2010 00:10
Quote: "at the moment there is 90% off the bonza deal
"

the moment began back in august 2009.

the first post of this thread states "while supplies last" and that's the same response offered to the "how long will that last?" question since then.

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA . DBPro V7.5
AMD Phenom™ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Tapewormz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2011 00:40
Anyone who hasn't jumped all over this or is on the fence about it should stop what they're doing and make the purchase.

It's so completely worth every penny. I own 3 physical copies of dark basic pro media and now this. I gave away the other 3 copies to my friends who had an interest in learning this language and I bought this for myself. It contained a couple of plugins I already owned, but so many that I didn't.

NikSha
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, I saw the bonanza on TGC site and have some questions:

a) Is Dark Basic Pro copy in this offer somehow limited/different from single purchase of Pro license?

b) Will I still get updates for softwares in the pack and for how long exactly?

c) Just out of curiosity, are Dark basic Pro requirements very high? (since they aren't listed on site) Will the player require DX9 ONLY GPU to run even a simple 2D game or a 3D game not using any high end shaders (like normal mapping)?

I am actually developing a open world game with UDK and interested in developing something casual on the side with DB Pro.
Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2011 11:52
Quote: "

Hmm, I saw the bonanza on TGC site and have some questions:

a) Is Dark Basic Pro copy in this offer somehow limited/different from single purchase of Pro license?

b) Will I still get updates for softwares in the pack and for how long exactly?

c) Just out of curiosity, are Dark basic Pro requirements very high? (since they aren't listed on site) Will the player require DX9 ONLY GPU to run even a simple 2D game or a 3D game not using any high end shaders (like normal mapping)?

I am actually developing a open world game with UDK and interested in developing something casual on the side with DB Pro.
"

a)It's the full version i.e. non-free. So no advertisements buried in the program which are pretty well out the way in the free version anyway. Yet the plugins more then make up the value of this pack anyway.

b) As far as I'm aware all updates are free for the lifetime of the program and since we just got a shiny new update released, it shows the product is still well supported.

c) Running the development software (i.e. DBP) is not high at all and as for any programs, games etc you make, they will naturally come with their own requirements that you will need to work out yourself. You can find the DBP requirements here:
http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2000&page=system. As far as I'm aware DX9.0c capable hardware is required although I can't speak for onboard solutions such as Intel chips.
hoytti
Years of Service
User Offline
What is the requrement for the entire Dark Game Studio Bonanza?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2011 18:25
Anything which can run the latest version of DX9.0c.

(The box states: XP/Vista (And 7), P3 1GHz+ (Or equivalent) 512Mb RAM, 64Mb VRAM, 1.4Gb HDD)

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 29th Jan 2011 17:54
@ Mobiius & Hoytti

Quote: "(The box states: XP/Vista (And 7), P3 1GHz+ (Or equivalent) 512Mb RAM, 64Mb VRAM, 1.4Gb HDD)"

wow my first quote in forums I think its worked...

Juat adding to what Mobiius said... P3 1GHz+ (single core ^^ so if you got a dual core 800 atom it will run it - having said Atom, being primarily on Netbooks I have created and ran some games I made on my Netbook running both xp and 7 oh and also Vista bearing in mind, they were just simple apps with like a spinning cube and also ran Cartography Shop 4 on it with no problems and rendering lights and loading textures so dont worry I am sure you have at least a Dual core cpu)

TGC Products: Dark Game Studio–DarkCLOUDS-Enhancement Pack-3D WorldStudio-Animated Sprite Pack-FPS Creator X9 free upgraded to build//getting on next purchase-Dark Data-DarkNet-Unity-EZRotate
Mike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 21:32
Just ordered this as Im way out of date with my DB software! now eagerly awaiting the app one!!
Kamakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 08:44
Ordered mine recently and now awaiting for DVD. At least, I assume that is what the word "Posted" means in my order. Ummm...where are these mailed from? Thanks TGC!
vilgil
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi
What is the license type ?
Can i commerically sell all the game made with this Bonanza Dakr Sudio offer ?
Or is there any special licenses or royalty that i have to pay ?
vilgil
Years of Service
User Offline
What is the license type of Bonanza offer?
Can i sell the games commercially royalty-free?
Should i obtain a special license for each game ?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 23:49
@ Vilgil

DGS (Dark Game Studio) is a tool for you to create what you want, as far as I know my self, if you look at each component, Imean their own individual store page, you will see that what you pay for, you can use however you like... so MOD correct me if I am wrong, you are free to use everything inside DGS Bonanza for making money as well as creating free content to distribute however you like, but remember it does not allow you ro resell the programs included, as you do not own them outright, refer to the EULA included with each application once you purchase them and ensure you do not breach anything within.

hope this helped... oh and i am sure a MOD will tell you at some point, not to double post (thats not to post after you just posted)

oh and welcome to the forums its a very nice place, trust me I know

TGC Products: Dark Game Studio–DarkCLOUDS-Enhancement Pack-3D WorldStudio-Animated Sprite Pack-FPS Creator X9 free upgraded to build-Dark Data-DarkNet-Unity-EZRotate
Kamakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2011 23:50
Wow! Considering where it the disc came from, the shipping was fast! Well worth the money. Disc arrived yesterday. Thank you!
vilgil
Years of Service
User Offline
Mr Valentine

Thanks for the info.
Like i make a game/app with DGS and can i sell it royalty free.
For the 3dGameMaker we have to pay some license it seems.
Is there any royalty required to be paid for DGS bonanza also.

Sorry for the double post. First time i posted it didn't appear. So i tried again. Then only i got the message that first time users post are first reviewed before being displayed.
vilgil
Years of Service
User Offline
Mr.Valentine

I found out what you meant
Except for dark gdk others are royalty free.
Thanks for your guidance.

Another quetion from a newbie.
Is DG Studio just a collection of various softwares like DG Pro, DMatter, DSound, etc., It is not a seaprate piece of software itself.
Am i correct ?

Can I download all the components by internet. No problem even if it goes to a few GBs.
I do not know whether shipping to india will work out properly. Our postman tend to lose / they just keep it in their shelves and suddenly call you after a few months. They are no reliable.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2011 20:34
vilgil

yeah its like a compilation dvd with some cool videos on it too from a conference they did,

so all the mentioned / listed applications come on it, as seperate (can never spell that word lol seperate? separate? lol) installers you need to install every application individually.

I think if you find the delivery to be risky, maybe you can contact TGC and maybe come to some arrangement to perhaps download an IMAGE of the disk and burn it yourself and await the delivery of the original from the india post ^^ and yeah you can also download individual items like TreeMagik and DBPro etc off the site on your account page but I think there will be a few missing items not sure, but you will be able to download the majority items, and I do not know if they already do post to India or have, but perhaps ask TGC if you can pay for private courier delivery? that way it is not relying on India's system.

hope this helped and made sense >.< I just had my house burgled so my heads not where its needed at the moment, sorry.

TGC Products: Dark Game Studio–DarkCLOUDS-Enhancement Pack-3D WorldStudio-Animated Sprite Pack-FPS Creator X9 free upgraded to build-Dark Data-DarkNet-Unity-EZRotate
vilgil
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks MrValentine.
Hope you will get back everything that was burgled out of your house with interest.
vilgil
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi
Finally i have also ordered by pack and am awaiting for it.
Hope it safely arrives.
Alkerak
Years of Service
User Offline
I ordered it from Eastern Europe, 2 days ago, did not arrived.
HOWEVER ... ALL items were available for downloads.
Dances With Robots
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Alkerak:

If your post can be trusted, you'll get it--eventually.

The CD took about 3 weeks to get to me in the states.

You're only going to get the DarkStudio on DVD, which is DarkBasic Pro, and a bunch of add ons, but some of your purchase will have to be downloaded from the sites on your activation email.

Also, there's some content on the CD that you won't get via the downloads.
Alkerak
Years of Service
User Offline
So what exactly is DarkStudio then ...
DBPro and all add-ons order are available for instant download.
What extra content are you talking about? You piqued my curiosity!
Wyldhunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2011 09:29
When I ordered it, I did not get downloads for Tree Magic, Plant Life, Cartography Shop, and maybe one or two others. I had to wait on the disk for those. They are all entire programs seperate from DBP.
Kamakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2011 10:45
You also get DarkGDK and some add-ons for it as well. I'm not too fond of C++ so this doesn't do me much good. Maybe someday I'll attempt C coding...but for now...I'll stick with BASIC. There is also some PhysX stuff apparently...Don't know, I can't use some of the Physics add-ons. Looks like I'll have to build a system with nVIDIA graphics. Also got some DarkMATTER material which is cool!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2011 12:22 Edited at: 10th Mar 2011 12:24
@ Kamakazi

no you just need to install nvidias physx software and run them again...

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/physx-9.10.0513-driver-uk.html

EDIT
It will just overload your cpu with the math calculations instead of your gpu thats all... this is one key piece of info so hope you appreciate it
EDIT

hope this helps

I strongly recommend you guys buy 3dWorld Studio and the other things in my sig below in blue read it....

(in case you do not know what I mean... TGC Products: Dark Game Studio–DarkCLOUDS-Enhancement Pack-3D WorldStudio-Animated Sprite Pack-FPS Creator X9 free upgraded to build-Dark Data-DarkNet-Unity-EZRotate )

Alkerak
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "When I ordered it, I did not get downloads for Tree Magic, Plant Life, Cartography Shop, and maybe one or two others. I had to wait on the disk for those. They are all entire programs seperate from DBP."

Hmm, thats interesting. I did got download for those ...
Alkerak
Years of Service
User Offline
DVD has arrived
RodMcdowell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2011 08:39
I have not received the CD yet. It's been less than a week and I'm in the USA.

I downloaded the DB pro and installed it but none of the sample programs / projects work except the FACE demo. It will not compile
or make and exe tho.
They give me a link to download 3d cloth which is already in the main folder so I installed it and overwrote originals.
One of the dowmloads activation key is wrong and yet another download stops when installing it with a trojan warning.

In basic none of this is actually working.
Is anyone else doing the same thing I am ie downloading this as a brand new install ? and having problems ?
I,ve installed and uninstalled 9 times now and am back to none of it being on my drive... all uninstalled.

IMHO after all this I've lost the taste to try this anymore.
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2011 18:23 Edited at: 13th Mar 2011 18:25
Yeah well, it could be easier couldn't it.

Check these threads for common issues:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=160566&b=1

Next thing, look at this thread for installing:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=104612&b=1

Only, instead of where he suggests you can install DBPro outside of Program Files, consider it a requirement whether you use EAC or not, or else you'll have all kinds of headaches.

My folders look like this:

C:\DarkBASIC <- root folder
C:\DarkBASIC\DBP <- where I installed darkbasic to
C:\DarkBASIC\DBC <- where I installed darkbasic classic to
C:\DarkBASIC\Tools <- where I installed all the third party tools like treemagick (but not the plugins, plugins need to be installed in the DBP folder

Plugins needed to make your DBP experience not suck:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=85209&b=18

Other plugins:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=154086&b=5

Other tips:

Completely disable your Antivirus. There are no viruses with the downloads offered for sale here. Once everything is installed, make your c:\DarkBASIC folder unprotected by your scanner. If your scanner does not support such an option, remove it and get a proper antivirus.

If you want to test your compiled programs to see if they detected as viruses, simply move them outside your darkbasic folder. If your antivirus thinks it's a virus, it's either you were already infected before you got darkbasic, or it's just wrong and you can submit your program to your antivirus company to correct the error.

Once everything is installed, consider DarkBASIC very high in functionality, but also pretty buggy. Don't go designing games requiring 3rd party plugins until you've tested their functionality and on multiple operating systems. Many of the plugins are pretty much unsupported and not working. (cough: extends, cough: darkphysics)

Also, the eXtends plugin is unsupported in vista/win7. So it's pretty much useless to most people. DarkPhysics I've heard suffers from memory leaks and car physics don't seem to work properly.

All that scary stuff said, you'll find Darkbasic is still a joy to program in and can do some remarkably neat stuff.

My point about this rant is to just rely on your own skills and don't work on projects relying on third party plugins unless you've done tests to make sure they work. I once scrapped 20 hours worth of work because darkphysics is crap.

[center]
Join the TGC Group!
http://tehcodez.groups.live.com
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2011 20:40
If your having antivirus related issues... please read my win 7 post on this thread

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=2&t=159609&p=1

Hope it helps... its a huge post so you can not miss it.

Remember, programming and use of an operating system, is not down to what you use... its how you use it and your own ability, I am sure others will agree with me on this.

Never give up, in fact remove that thought from your mindset and you should be able to crack on with great expectations.

RodMcdowell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2011 23:02 Edited at: 13th Mar 2011 23:30
Thanks for the tips and links.

ShortHistory
I used the original Dark Basic program from about 10 years ago.
I saw it at comp usa and was very interested so I grabbed it.Being the original was off the CD it just installed nice and easy and that was it....good to go. It came with a printed paperback DB CODE Dictionary..quite handy.

I made several (not awesome) little games and demos of things such as rooms and worlds/landscapes and toyed around with ground vehicles, humans, boats and aircraft all working in very basic form but nothing with real physics to it.. basically everything worked fine.

I updated to DB pro and things that used to work ie my demos, would
not work anymore so I put it all away hoping eventually they would fix whatever ails it. I lost everything in Hurricane Wilma so that was the end till now. I don't remember a great deal of code so it's almost like starting over.
---------------------------------------------
SYSTEM:
2.70Ghz duel core 4.0gb memory 64bit
GeForce 7050/nForce 620i
I'm using win7 home premium/ program files(x86)
SP1, SP2, SP3
--------------------------------------------

So far I have the (paid for) DB Pro download installed along with the "clothparticles" folder which I downloaded from the link directly under the BD Pro download link ... as if an extra part of DB Pro. I just copied it into the main DB folder.
This installed itself to "program files(x86)/the Game Creators/Dark Basic Pro On Line" Is this correct ?

So far no issues other than some of the examples/demos not working.
I still can not rename a demo and compile it as a test of DB Pro

----------------------------------------------------------------
"THIS ISSUE IS RESOLVED"
I downloaded DARK MATTER ONE
it made it's own folder in program files(x86) named "Dark Basic Software/Dark Matter" This is a 3d model selector.
When I try to run it, it stops after opening with a notice
(d3drm.dll is missing)

*I remember in the old original DARK BASIC, this came with the CD
and was installed into the same main folder as the DB program.
Should this be in the main folder now ?

"THIS ISSUE IS RESOLVED"

--------------------------------------------------

I downloaded INTEGRATED DARK VOICE
upon install I am asked for the activation key and I enter the
key I was sent via email (it's not listed on this website under the other purchased activation keys)and I get a notice "Invalid Activation Key" and the install is aborted.

I have stopped here as this is trouble enough to sort thru without
getting too deep all at once. I'm over 18 hours into this so far

I will read the links you listed now to see if any help is ther re the issues so far.

Thanks for the help.
RM
Wyldhunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2011 08:22 Edited at: 14th Mar 2011 08:23
One other thing to keep in mind:
They have had to fix a lot of things over the years to maintain compatibility with Win7 and service packs, so the version on the CD is very outdated. The newest release version still has a lot of issues with Win7, and tends to fail entirely with Win7 Service pack 1.
You can always download and install the newest (Pre-release) version of DBP with all of the fixes here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=1&t=180294&p=0
It's stickied in the DBP forums. Make sure that you update to the newest version as soon as you can. Especially if you use Win7.

I didn't have any issues activating DarkVoices. Make sure that you're registering it with the Darkvoices key and not the DBP key. A few people have mixed them up.

If you know that you have the correct key and it's still not working, then you should open a trouble ticket with TGC here:
http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=contact_support
You may need to be logged in for that link to work.
RodMcdowell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 01:46
Thanks Wyldhunt.

I got the DarkGame Studio CD today. (I ordered the suite in mention)
and most of it is on this CD, the others I must download.

I uninstalled everything related to Dark Basic assuming the CD would
have all the latest updates and bugs worked out. Seems I assumed wrong. I am now having problems with this program calling my system VISA, but it's not VISA nor is it an updated VISA.
It's a full new win7 install.

The editor now looks different than the version I had downloaded.
Actually, the downloaded version looked familiar to me, much like the original DarkBasic of 10 years ago which I liked.

Now the question is this.
Should I uninstall DB pro and reinstall the downloadabel version ?

I am many many hours into trying to get this to work ie to do anything considered working and it;s been epic fail all along.
Many would have given up at this point and I too am considering giving up...

If it's this much problems to install, it can't be worth didly squat.... as a common sense overview.
I would like communication with official TECH experts regarding just the installation of this mess.
RodMcdowell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 02:54
Wyldhunt,

I went to that link and downloaded the upgrade and it installed with
no problem.

I started the DarkBasic Pro and instead of starting, it loaded up over 100 little notice windows and was still loading. I was forced to Turn Off the computer to get it to stop loading them.

Seems odd to have to search thru forums and ask how to install a program from a cd....really, I've never had to do that before.
DarkBasic original 10 years ago installed right off the disc and ran solid for 4 years... no problems except limitations.

Anyhow, I'm back to the beginning....uninstalling everything again as it's epic failure.
There is no tech support on this ?

Seems they would have a read me file at least.

Installing DB Pro to win7...
oh well, thats venting. Guess I've earned the reason to.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2011 06:02 Edited at: 15th Mar 2011 06:05
[href=null]
@RodMcdowell

for the love of all that is programming... read my post on this thread on the last page the very last post, and please READ IT not skim, read it word by word and you will be perfectly fine.... you have only mentioned .... how did you put it... squat

if you follow this both prior to installation and post installation (the folder exclusions) you will be fine and for the love of programming disable UAC before you install.

(here is the forum thread)
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=2&t=159609&p=1

if this doesnt help.... no idea why it shouldnt... give us detailed specs of your system setup here, if your system was a shop spec build, like from a high street retailer, or perhaps a DELL (eww) prefab system, or a laptop... actual OS build, whether or not you installed SP1 for win7 and whether or not you have installed drivers for all your system components before attempting an install... also if its a custom build rig, then hard drive specifications IE. RAID might be useful and installation paths, what exactly is an issue for you... (100 what?) oh just looked back... SP1 SP1 SP3?

I personally did find the order of install a little daunting, however if you start from DBPro, and work your way down the install list on the DVD BOOT install screen and perhaps skip DBClassic... and then go hunting into the DVD disk folders you will find the needed DirectX installation, run the DXSETUP>EXE executable inside that folder if I remember correctly, also theres some nifty good to watch videos from the conference thingy in 2008 that TGC did....

anyhow I am annoyed that your having so much issue installing... I am starting to find it user issue rather than system issue, please please please have a look at my post in that thread and it whould clear all your issues hopefully, I am using Win7 x64 Ultimate... SIGNED EDITION ^^ and I to be honest have near enough NO ISSUES on win7 ^^ just disable UAC and turn your win7 into XP...

hope my little ranting here didnt hurt anyones feelings I am just venting here too ^^

EDIT
someone already mentioned this but here it is again
http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=contact_support
go there to contact TGC directly... it makes it easier if your already signed in.
EDIT END

melissa2
Years of Service
User Offline
How expensive is the DBG package if I want to buy it now?

[url="http://www.unlockconsole.com"]Unlock Wii[/url]

Homebrew coder/maker
Mudbud Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2011 00:04
Its $49.99 USD...

I just bought it..[caps] I AM SO EXCITED TO GET IT!! I CAN'T WAIT!!
[/caps]

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/6Kr4n9y
You get 250MB extra by using the link ^^
GregA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2011 07:37 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2011 22:34
Hey all, since I can't delete my post I will rewrite it...

If you are having the problem where you can't get it to license the plugins properly, you need to upgrade your DarkBasic installation here:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2000&page=upgrade7-61
Whitewolf007
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. I bought this same bonanza deal last year March 2010. Is there anything new in this new edition? For instance my version says to use Visual C++ 2008 Express... I'm wondering if I should buy the new DVD or would it be the same as what I got now?

I got the DarkGAME studio DVD that has darkBASIC, DB classic, DarkGDK, Dark Edit, Voices, Shader, GC store, FPS Creator Free, Tree Magic, Plant Life, Cartography Shop, and demos.

Since that was a year ago is there newer updates and stuff I should get? Are they free? Or again should I rebuy the DVD to get the latest greatest stuff?

Thanks In Advance
Whitewolf007
Years of Service
User Offline
jeeze is anybody going to answer this post?
Wyldhunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2011 19:47
When you log in to your account at http://www.thegamecreators.com, you can click on the "My Account" button at the top of the page. From There, you can follow the "My Products" link to download any updates to your software. They are free.
JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I took the plunge and bought the bonanza.. woot. now I'm just waiting on it to be approved and sent to me..

"If you can sing that high, you must have been kicked in the crotch a little too hard."
Zaxtor99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2011 04:24 Edited at: 4th Aug 2011 06:25
I am thinking of purchasing the Game Bonanza as well, as I only have DBC that I bought like 8 or 9 years ago, and never really used until recently when I found it in a box in my closet.

It says save $460 or something and is only $49.99 USD and includes all the stuff like DarkVoices, Dark Matter 1, and FRS creator FREE.

My BIG QUESTION here is is also states that DarkBasic Pro is included. Is the the free version or the $69.99 version that allows you to create loyalty free stand alone exe files?

Also if someone could briefly tell me the biggest differences between DBC and DBP that would help. I understand that DBP has a lot more commands and stuff and also looks like DBP is the common choce now days. But what really are the big differences?

Thanks in advance!

Zaxx

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:57:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:57:58