Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Stealth Mod Preview

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 06:47
Just set it to explodable with a huge radius. I did that with the tire that comes with MP3, threw it at the enemy, and the entire map exploded.

Well, I guess that's not the effect you want, is it?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 15:59
Quote: "Just set it to explodable with a huge radius. I did that with the tire that comes with MP3, threw it at the enemy, and the entire map exploded."

No, just set the physics Force to something stupidly high, that'll do it...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2009 08:25
Quote: "with a huge radius."

How did you manage that? According to the original source, the radius of a blast can only be changed when it is directly triggered through the "triggerforce" command. So, to have it explode with a wide radius, you would need to do a combination of script+explosion. I fixed that in my mod by adding a "force" option to flakspecs, so flak could have a wider explosion radius. Aside from that... an entity's native explosion is limited to a 4 segment radius.

Maybe you did it another way?

The one and only,

ace93
Years of Service
User Offline
Robert F three questions:
a) whats the average framerate?
b) have you considered vehicles?
c) will this be free?
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 31st Aug 2009 05:14 Edited at: 1st Sep 2009 08:36
Quote: "a) whats the average framerate?
b) have you considered vehicles?
c) will this be free?"

A. 39-40 Depending on your PC. I have a crappy one.(I capped it at 40)
B. Actually, yes I have. It will probably not be in the first version though.
C. Well, I am considering many options right now. Such as maybe the entire thing being free, or maybe just a free and a paid version. It really depends what I feel like putting into the mod

Hi, it’s Robert with Stealthmod! You’ll be saying Stealth every time you use this mod! It’s like CoD! It’s like L4D! It’s like BioShock. A regular mod doesn’t work good – this works good and great.
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 08:37
I think by tomorrow I shall have a fully testable Gravity Gun .exe for everyone with the updated functions.

So now you can set the Gravity Gun Pick-up Strength, and Gravity Gun Throw Strength. If I get it done tonight I will figure something out with a limit on the weight the gun can pick up.

Hi, it’s Robert with Stealthmod! You’ll be saying Stealth every time you use this mod! It’s like CoD! It’s like L4D! It’s like BioShock. A regular mod doesn’t work good – this works good and great.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 08:57 Edited at: 1st Sep 2009 08:58
Quote: "I did that with the tire that comes with MP3, threw it at the enemy, and the entire map exploded."

Haha, cool! Exploding tires of death!

Kravenwolf

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 19:03
I updated the first post to include a demo for everyone.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 21:17
Sweet! Grabbing it now!

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 21:17
Downloading now !

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 21:18
Note to everyone, I couldn't really get it to pick up objects heavier than the player can. Well, I did but it freaks out when you do it.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 21:26 Edited at: 1st Sep 2009 21:36
Okay tried it and i must say pretty cool so far man!

Now it may not be Blue UM or anything but it does have many unique features i am VERY interested in. I cant wait to see what other unique features you can come up with.

EDIT: Okay one comment on the gravity gun now that i noticed it. Even if your out of ammo you can still pick up items and throw em with right click and left click.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 22:16 Edited at: 1st Sep 2009 22:22
Quote: "Okay one comment on the gravity gun now that i noticed it. Even if your out of ammo you can still pick up items and throw em with right click and left click."

Ahh shoot. You mean like put the gun away, pick it up, pull the gun out and then shoot?

Edit: NVM, I see what you mean. I will fix it right now.

Edit2: Already fixed

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 22:56
nice!

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 00:50
Quote: "You'd think a car would squash the bugger."

They've tried that on me 3 times. But I'm still here!

Robert, this is truly amazing. I can't wait until you release this; expect a download/purchase from me.

Best,
Crusader2

Some people say that I'm crazy... And I agree.
USE PLY'S MOD!
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 01:17
Quote: "Robert, this is truly amazing."

Thanks, it shouldn't be to much longer before V1.0 is done.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2009 21:58
Quote: "it shouldn't be to much longer before V1.0 is done."

Cool, Looking forward to it

visit home page - http://fpsc.freephpbb3.com/index.php
Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 03:51
Im bumping this to just let you guys know, im taking a little break from this for now. Didn't want you guys to worry so much.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 03:35
Sorry guys, been gone for a while but now Im back.. and Water is now in Stealth Mod... so im not really sure what this mod has to do with Stealth anymore(flamethrowers, gravityguns, water )

I will upload a picture in a few seconds.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 04:05 Edited at: 30th Oct 2009 00:24
Here is a pic of the water, special thanks go to the EFX team, and the Old WizMod team.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 04:10
AAAAWWEESSOOMMMEEE!!!
I'm DL'ing it now

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 04:16
Awesome Water Robert F

http://image.fps-files.com/images/64xt_apollo_pic_Resize.png[/img]
Bigsnake's Nazi Zombies
Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 07:00
wowzers, very nice

NO, i will NOT resize my signature.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 07:53
The water looks grainy and pixelated. Fixing that would make it 1000x better looking.

The one and only,

Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 18:16
i think that the water texture if that what is using is scaled far too low, i would scale it up a bit.

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice...the flamethrower should make a lot of people happy

Unity Engine 2.6 is now available for FREE
[url=http://www.unity3d.com[/url}
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 22:18
Im not really seeing the grainyness in the water. It may just look like that because of the fresnel. Here are two more pics of the water.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 23:20
How can you not see the graininess? Look at the reflection of the bright spot on the pipe! That's super grainy!

It's supposed to be a fluid. It looks like it's drawing the picture with sand. (Or the spray paint tool from MS Paint)

The one and only,

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 23:34 Edited at: 29th Oct 2009 23:35
Quote: "How can you not see the graininess? Look at the reflection of the bright spot on the pipe! That's super grainy!"

What are you talking about. Its refraction.

The water is moving, and has alot of small waves.

Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2009 23:51
Like i said, the waves are way to small to look realistic, if you can scale them up, it will make it look a lot better.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 00:19 Edited at: 30th Oct 2009 00:29
Quote: "Like i said, the waves are way to small to look realistic, if you can scale them up, it will make it look a lot better."

Alright I see what you mean, thats something I will try to fix.

Edit: Here is a pic of the water with everything turned basiclly all the way down and a green tint to it, but like this is seems to clear to me.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 01:05
Quote: "What are you talking about. Its refraction."

I think you're confusing reflection and refraction. Reflection is the image of objects being reflected off of the water. Refraction is the distortion of objects below the water.

The newer screen doesn't look as grainy, so props on that.

The one and only,

Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 02:18
Not bad, i would work on the refraction a tad more.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2009 03:16
looks better robert f , I can see what the others mean about grainy though

http://image.fps-files.com/images/56Watermod_Logo.bmp[/img]
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 01:23
Quote: "looks better robert f , I can see what the others mean about grainy though"

Yeah, im trying to fix all the bugs with it right now.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2009 19:38
Quote: "Yeah, im trying to fix all the bugs with it right now."

Its not rly a bug , just limit the water scale if you can

DocSpoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh. I thought it was a mod which enabled better stealth in FPSC.

...But that flamethrower looks awesome, especialy without lag.

Bloodshot eyes since 1995.
Can't build game? http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=143035&b=24
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 23:58
Is this free?

Lalala
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 01:29
Quote: "Is this free?"

It probably will be unless I change my mind by the time I release it. :p

ace93
Years of Service
User Offline
Great mod you've got here mate! Congratualtions on the amazing features! No other mod can match your flamethrowers so far
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 22:44 Edited at: 8th Nov 2009 22:46
Nice to see your mod is getting better

knxrb

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 17:04
Quote: "Great mod you've got here mate! Congratualtions on the amazing features! No other mod can match your flamethrowers so far"

Haha.. Muwhahahaha

Quote: "Nice to see your mod is getting better"

Thank you.

Shaka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 00:22 Edited at: 12th Nov 2009 00:22
This is looking great Robert F.

In my opinion, I liked the grainy water better because it makes it so you actually can tell there is water there. So if you like it, you should keep it and dont really pay attention to what only one persons opinion is. Because if you did, this would be someone elses mod, not yours.

But thats just my opinion

Keep up the great work, I cant wait to see this puppy in action!

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 02:12
Quote: "This is looking great Robert F.

In my opinion, I liked the grainy water better because it makes it so you actually can tell there is water there. So if you like it, you should keep it and dont really pay attention to what only one persons opinion is. Because if you did, this would be someone elses mod, not yours.

But thats just my opinion

Keep up the great work, I cant wait to see this puppy in action!"

Thanks, well really its your choice on how you want it. You can change the code to what you want.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 06:08
Quote: "Because if you did, this would be someone elses mod, not yours.

But thats just my opinion"

Taking your audience's opinion into account comes with the territory. Because, let's face it, people use the Mod for what they like and what they want.

Quote: "well really its your choice on how you want it. You can change the code to what you want."

Even better!

The one and only,

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 04:12
Thanks everyone, but I do want to create it how you want it and not how I want it. If this was something I just wanted I probably wouldn't even show you

@Ply

I like your sig, I think I will have to make something like it for Stealth Mod.

Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 11:42
Rob, hit me up sometime, if you need a sig.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 13:55
Alright, that would be cool.

I also wanted to take a poll. Should I keep moving on with 1.15 or should I put Stealth Mod into 1.16?

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 14:08
keep on moving on 115

Shaka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2009 20:39
If you made it on 115, and im running on 116, would it still work or would it be buggy?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 09:19:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 09:19:58