Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Someone has released the model packs 1-4 ! Do something !

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2009 22:22 Edited at: 4th Nov 2009 22:32
[mod edit]removed link[/mod edit]

Hrrm...
I hate robbers !
Do what you must !
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2009 22:23
Better delete the link and send it directly to an FPSC official.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2009 22:35
While everyone appreciates what you're doing here by posting the link for all to see is not a good idea. There will be people who see the link and then pirate the model packs

If you find things like this, the best thing to do is email Rick or Lee directly and they will get the video removed.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2009 22:38
they have downloads for the FPSC model packs everywhere. it's a growing problem and it needs to be stopped. the problem is is that most of the uploads are on randomly named file sharing website files or in equally unnheard of forums. not to mention all the other sites which i won't describe.

in my opinion the only way for TGC to stop this is to give each person who buys a copy of a model pack a code which can only be used once even if the file is copied) that way the only way they could spread it is buy somehow getting the FPSC officials to give them more copies (which i'm sure they won't do)

that, or stop the files from being able to copy anywhere.

Can you solve the mystery of bunker 413?
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 4th Nov 2009 22:40
I've got it!
To install modelpacks it you would have to be online AND it would check your order history to see if you really had it, else it wouldnt install.
That would work to some extent.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th Nov 2009 22:43
I don't want to get into the numerous ways around that in this forum, but trust me. If someone wants to spread it around, they will. No, the answer is to find and castrate every pirate on the planet.

Brian.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2009 22:44 Edited at: 4th Nov 2009 22:46
good, but the uploader could just put his/her username and password into the upload... perhaps if you could only download or install once... then all the files inside would have to be non-copyable... i'm pretty sure you can do that? (i-tunes can)

EDIT

sorry xplosys in posted same time as you... castration... sounds promising...

AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2009 22:47
Quote: "I don't want to get into the numerous ways around that in this forum, but trust me. If someone wants to spread it around, they will. No, the answer is to find and castrate every pirate on the planet."

-Adrian

And I do, wanna love you... And I do, wanna try...
Because if falling for you girl is crazy, then I'm going out of my mind.
So hold back your tears this time...
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2009 23:04 Edited at: 4th Nov 2009 23:05
Pirates can't be stopped. Get over it.

Software has been pirated for decades and millions of dollars spent on anti-piracy software have never really done anything else than annoy legitimate users. I personally avoid buying software with stupid DRM solutions and I actively support the companies who don't treat their customers as criminals.

Focus on and support those who buy your software rather than fighting an already lost battle against those who wont and don't.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I hate people who just pirate the model packs! We've used our own money (well i use what i have) to buy them and they just pirate them

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 00:00
Quote: "good, but the uploader could just put his/her username and password into the upload... perhaps if you could only download or install once... then all the files inside would have to be non-copyable... i'm pretty sure you can do that? (i-tunes can"

I don't understand, what if you wipe your computer clean?

Or am I missing the point?

WizMod Developer.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 00:37
There is no 100% reliable way to protect online media. Not even Microsoft can do much about illegal Office copies.

In my personal opinion the actuall *harm* from pirated model packs is not big. If you look at the actuall output of playable games from the dedicated people here, I highly doubt that any *pirate* will ever put a single level together. These people are mostly dumb***es who download everything they can find, because they think they can import the stuff into their favourite shooter but are too stupid to even change some textures. Serious modding communities like for Quake, Unreal, Doom3 etc. dont pirate.

And belive me, the FPSC community is one of the most disciplined and honest I know of, regarding not only anti-pirating, but also individual IP rights. Its probably because around here *everyone* is a bit of a modeller, texture artist, modder etc.

People here are curteous as well as generous and I enjoyed being part of this close-knit community very much so far.

I guess that was a little off-topic

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 00:38
Pirates should be drawn and quartered, just like in the old days

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 01:19
Don't start arguing about locations please.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 01:19
Yessir

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
You can't get the links down for ALL packs found. Most of them are on P2P networks, which many owners don't care to remove such files.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 04:04 Edited at: 5th Nov 2009 08:30
Quote: "You can't get the links down for ALL packs found. Most of them are on P2P networks, which many owners don't care to remove such files."

Not only do some people not care, same even place them deliberately for download, because the're hackers. Check any P2P discussion site. Whenever a new blockbuster movie or game gets on the top download lists, over 50% turn out to be fakes with trojans inside.

No one should take the risk, downloading any archives or .exe files from P2P sites as they are most likely incomplete, damaged, virused or worse. Save 20 bucks for a trojan on the PC? Definitely not a good deal.

I even stopped downloading music from P2P sites just to make sure.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 04:50
Quote: "Most of them are on P2P networks, which many owners don't care to remove such files.
"

Yes because removing files from a P2P network is sooooooooo easy!!!! You remove it from one and it's on another just as quick. Just like another youtube video will pop up with links once this one is deleted...

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 05:07
Quote: "No, the answer is to find and castrate every pirate on the planet."

That method gets my vote!

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 06:58
Quote: "ecause removing files from a P2P network is sooooooooo easy!!!!"

I think you may have mis-read his post.

WizMod Developer.
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Apparently he did. The over-sarcasm for no apparent reason is a bit...concerning.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 12:44
How did I mis-understand? And you very well know the reason why I am sarcastic to you!

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 15:17 Edited at: 5th Nov 2009 15:18
Nobody will stop it,but TGC still earns,the pirates must first buy the model pack to upload it so its still profit.

BTW Not only 1-4 are pirates,every single model pack until now has been pirated,maybe a few new ones not.

[href]http://sites.google.com/site/chargedstudios/home[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 22:33 Edited at: 6th Nov 2009 22:40
Quote: "
Pirates can't be stopped. Get over it.

Software has been pirated for decades and millions of dollars spent on anti-piracy software have never really done anything else than annoy legitimate users. I personally avoid buying software with stupid DRM solutions and I actively support the companies who don't treat their customers as criminals.

Focus on and support those who buy your software rather than fighting an already lost battle against those who wont and don't."

I thought I was alone.
Well said scurvy.

I have made many an argurment as to how some forms of anti-piracy are a waste of time and resources, but I was always misunderstood.
I guess some people think that if you are not against pirates, then you must be one. (perceptions vary, but the truth remains what it is)
People who pirate software would never have bought your product in the first place, so focus instead on the people who do pay.

Yes, links like these must be taken down, but (mods tell you on every one of these threads) when you post this link you are advertising for the pirates.

Email rick@thegamecreators.com to report these finds instead of posting the link here on the forums.

Now we have to endure yet another piracy discussion, which is the worst part about these threads. (more time wasted playing police instead of having fun)

Quote: "Nobody will stop it,but TGC still earns,the pirates must first buy the model pack to upload it so its still profit."

More likely they borrow it, without the owner's knowledge of course making them look like the pirate.

I'm outa here,

Laters

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2009 22:59
I found a site I believe has ripped content, and reported it to Keith. I completely agree with xplosy.

OmarJA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 17:10
Very useful & informing topic.
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "How did I mis-understand? And you very well know the reason why I am sarcastic to you!"

Actually, I don't know why you are sarcastic. Because I'm realistic and I don't run around saying, "Oh we can fight piracy and take down the baddies!"?

Silver Eye Productions
User Banned
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 20:03
FPSC Model Packs pirated FPS Creator and model packs to me.

Thats why i dont have contact with him ANYMORE.

So...really im using a pirated fps creator. Please dont sue me. Ive buyed a lot of things to fps creator, and i really LOVE FPS Creator.

(PS! When i buyed FPS Creator Model Pack 22 i saw someone on google "Where is Model Pack 22? Cant find it somewhere" on a torrent site. And "Please upload model pack 22 and 23."

- Mr. Opera

I GOT BALLS OF STEEL!
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow. So you've just admitted you blatantly used a pirated copy of FPS Creator, full knowing, and still continue to do so. I smell a ban coming.

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 20:08
Yeah, piracy sucks, but life is short and in 80 years you won't care anymore. (I don't pirate btw).

I know how to stop those pirates... download Cosmic's horror pack, and his pirate pack, then put the pirates in the horror house and haunt them

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 20:14
lol! (btw i use a fully paid for version of FPSC)

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 22:40
Quote: "So...really im using a pirated fps creator."

So...really I have to ban you now. I know we've found out that people have pirated the software before but I don't think anyone has just come out and said it so blatantly.

There is no room for people who pirate TGC software here.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2009 23:30 Edited at: 8th Nov 2009 23:31
Quote: "So...really im using a pirated fps creator. Please dont sue me."

We do have ways of seeing if TGC products have been pirated but just admitting it makes it so much easier.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 01:34
Facepalm.... lol

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 01:42
Quote: "So...really I have to ban you now."

Does this mean no castration?

Brian.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 02:46 Edited at: 9th Nov 2009 02:47
Quote: "Does this mean no castration?
"

I suppose we could turn it into a competition. Whoever does it wins a custom badge 'TGC official pirate castrator'.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 03:47
ROFL! I'm not sure that's a designation to strive for.

Brian.

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 04:05 Edited at: 9th Nov 2009 04:10
I remember finding a website a while back while browsing through various FPSC YouTube videos. I saw this one, I don't remember what the video was called (I think it was "How to Mount, Install, and use FPSC (torrent)") so I clicked on that video and chewed the guy out and found the link to his website (don't worry, the hoster removed it) called www.fpscreatorfree.uuuq.com (I think that was the name, and as I said, it has been removed along with the YouTube video). I reported it to Lee, he responded, and took care of it that easily. It felt great for some reason to do that. More people need to join together against this problem.

Off-topic: Y'know how the owners of TPB were sued? How come their sight is still up? Are they stupid or something?

[EDIT]: Do they want to get sued ... again?

cyberken69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 10:55
When searching for various items, I've come across a few sites offering the packs for free - trouble is I cant seem to find them again to report them. I think one of my searches was for a ghost entity and I got a list of packs 1-18 - do people still download things from these sites considering what can be packaged with them?

PW Productions Manager - TPB was sold off to a big Norwegian firm shortly after the court case - as far as I'm aware they are trying to take it down the Napster route and turn it legal
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
They originally sold to some gaming site, but apperently the gaming site wanted them to go legit before they did, to which they didn't want to, so the deal was off. Plus, they moved their servers to offshore ones. Though I don't pirate things, I simply know what goes on with the pirating community (irony?).

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 17:19
well, to be brutally honest, most of these pirating sites are on incredibly obscure forums that no-ones ever heard of. the best way to combat this in my opinion is to tell le when you see these sites and get him to do something about it.

Indiana Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 22:48
I hate pirates! I want to kill them all! [/mod edit] them all!

32 bit Windows Vista Home Basic, 2 GB RAM, 101 GB Hard Drive ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 128 MB, Pixel Shader 2.0
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 23:45
Quote: "I hate pirates! I want to kill them all!"

Well , theres some in the middle of the ocean if you want some action

http://image.fps-files.com/images/56Watermod_Logo.bmp[/img]
Opera
User Banned
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 21:50 Edited at: 10th Nov 2009 21:55
Ive seen you banned Silver untill "2999" I must say:
DELETED

- Opera (Friend of Silver)

[IM NOT SILVER, IM HIS FRIEND, OK???]

Sig Removed.
Opera
User Banned
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 21:51 Edited at: 10th Nov 2009 21:54
One more thing...

Why the does Silver call himself for Opera. Hes name is Nic.

- The REAL Opera

Sig Removed.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 21:54
Yes; you're Silver too...IPs don't lie.

Hador
User Banned
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 22:12
Quote: "So...really im using a pirated fps creator. Please dont sue me. Ive buyed a lot of things to fps creator, and i really LOVE FPS Creator.
"

EPIC FAIL

DAGGERSHATTER GAMES

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 23:00
why are you guys so frustrated about pirating!!!??? Animal cruelty is WAY worse! Check my sig. It'll change your life.

(I don't pirate by the way)

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/pg.htm
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict" - M.L.K.J.
Stop P&G from testing on animals.
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 07:12
Do you class pirating as sharing model packs between friends?

WizMod Developer.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 07:22
yup

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 07:29:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 07:29:09