Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Someone has released the model packs 1-4 ! Do something !

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "why are you guys so frustrated about pirating!!!??? Animal cruelty is WAY worse! Check my sig. It'll change your life."

Oh my, animals being put into cages, HOW COULD THEY!?

But seriously.

Piracy isn't really a problem with me, I know I pay for all my stuff, if people want to pirate other crap, I don't care. It just proves they are too poor to afford it. I work for every cent I get, thus I am satisfied knowing I paid my dues. Thus, piracy is not my problem.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 07:59
Quote: "It just proves they are too poor to afford it. "

I don't believe that's true. I'm sure plenty of people who pirate could afford what they want.

Quote: "Thus, piracy is not my problem."

Well it's kind of all out problem as PC users as more piracy = more DRM... OR as we are already seeing happen software developers staring to focus more on consoles.

I know piracy will never be stopped, but thinking because I don't pirate it won't have some impact on me is silly.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 19:03
Sure, we pay for it in higher prices, less choices and more restrictions. It's just like medical care. Those who do pay, pay double to account for those who don't.

Brian.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't care simply because people make complete idiots of themselves when trying to stop piracy. Sure, it affects me, but it's a factor that CAN'T be stopped, so regardless of any action I myself might take, prices will continue to climb for me.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 19:24 Edited at: 11th Nov 2009 19:26
Yes, no need to get excited about things beyond our control. All we can do is be aware.

Piracy however, is not about whether or not people can afford the software. If it were, how would you account for people building websites apecifically to pirate software that they themselves will never use, or people who pirate everything they find out there, and then put it back online for others to get? No, it's much more about being the bad boy, notoriety, and bucking the system.

There are those of course who only download a program now and then that they really want, many even buying that program afterwards, but those are few and don't represent piracy in the broad sense.

Brian.

Brian.

EDIT: The secong instance of "Brian" may the early stages of "sometimers disease".

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Adobe representatives have actually said piracy has actually helped increase sales. This is because people who pirate their products at a young age often grow up to work with the products when they are older, and they usually buy them.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2009 22:13
I always found it funny that some pc gamers will gladly upgrade their pc for hundreds of dollars each year (a new gfx card is easily 150-300$) but won't spend 40-50$ on a new game. Since games can be pirated without any trouble but hardware stealing gets you in jail then it's really no wonder I guess

(consoles are the solution - a one time investment leaving lots of money for fresh games instead )

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2009 22:41
FPSC has reached a new level of pirating see screen shot.spot the not

from Taiwan airport, a friend well not any more came to visit and showed me this cool software I promptly took the cd and send him on his way

will email rick and lee the serial number to black list.

screeny shows my two copies and the pirated one even includes model packs and 1.09 update

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html

Attachments

Login to view attachments
wrapscallion
Years of Service
User Offline
just an idea here....but have a file included, that upon scanning the hard drive, when it finds no legal copy of fpsc, or db anywhere, would then delete the whole folder.

something has top be done, proactively, on our part.Go after these punks.Punch a few in the wallet.Have randomized numbers in a hidden spot----on a model in the pack, say---so you could track whoever did this...then sue their eyeballs out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 07:28:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 07:28:22