Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [X9][BOTB] Alpha Project - Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
and your download (I guess server) is slow, please upload it to megaupload or something

but it's a very good game!

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600 km maximum size
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow! I just got around to playing this demo and wow. Just simply wow! When you are done with this game you must give a tutorial on this. What you did with stock media is like what wetham did with Beyond Life.

I do have a suggestion though. The Motionblur was fine for the wakeup, but I think that after the unfreeze of the plr it should be removed. I played it with both on and off and your game looks great.

The sound of this game was great as well. I played it once with the surround sound on and the first shrouding scared me even though I knew it was there. Please keep up the great work and I think that this game is well worth making it a commercial game.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 19:07
Some people say: More enemies! But I don't think it needs more enemies. I think they could be (atleast the dog could be) stronger than now. Becouse I killed the dog when it was during it's starting animation... But it was awesome!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things that I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
laurent_h
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow !

It is missing some little elements for making a real commercial game !

- monsters are too static
- change default steps sound too hugly
- add a sound on hurt
- change HUD on hurt
- move camera on hurt to improve reaslism

- it will be great to add an helmet for the hero like Metroid http://www.lesjeuxvideo.com/img/jeux/604/metroid-prime-ngc-3.jpg

- it will be great if you can shot died monsters with physics and members explosion like Soldier of Fortune

Good job !
Regards Laurent
khkhihi
Years of Service
User Offline
Very good. Come to learn from him.

khkhihi
Years of Service
User Offline
Very good. Come to learn from him.

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2010 00:50
Double post? Same text?
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2010 02:09 Edited at: 25th Mar 2010 02:10
Quote: "- monsters are too static"

I dont understand.. They move, attack you. What else are they meant to do?

Quote: "- change default steps sound too hugly"

Already done that for the full game. Glad you brought that up though!

Quote: "- add a sound on hurt"

There IS a hurt sound in the demo.

Quote: "- change HUD on hurt"

There IS a hurt HUD in the demo.

Quote: "- move camera on hurt to improve reaslism"

The camera DOES move when you are severely hurt. Get close to death and you will see what I mean. Also the camera shakes when you are attacked.

Quote: "- it will be great to add an helmet for the hero like Metroid http://www.lesjeuxvideo.com/img/jeux/604/metroid-prime-ngc-3.jpg"

There IS a helmet, which is why you have a HUD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVFH2iXWCRs

Quote: "- it will be great if you can shot died monsters with physics and members explosion like Soldier of Fortune"

If you use FPSC you will know that it isnt possible at this point in time

The Master Dinasty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2010 15:18
Quote: "If you use FPSC you will know that it isnt possible at this point in time"

You shouldn't release your game before the migration...

Anyway, i think that you should consider making a official Youtube channel for "Heretic Studios" instead of using your personal one.
And i wish to see more videos of progress, as i might consider buying the final product.

-Massap2

We are the magnificent Masters, builders of pyramids.
defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 03:19
I tried downloading and it seems the download always resets, not to mention it says its going to take 54 hours to DL...

and im doing this while i have 4 bar connection.

Limitless Box studios current project: Lost Contact
Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2010 11:29
Just watched the video of the 3rd level and the trailer. Very slick, brother! I should DEFINATELY have you serve as a mentor when I really get the ball rolling on my project. Could really use some assistance with my story(mine will be story-driven as well), among other things. Just have to know one thing: what program did you use for these "cutscenes"? Or did you integrate them into gameplay? Cause there are a couple programs that I know of that could make some really kick-*** cinematics:

iClone 4 3D Movie Machine-
http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/

Moviestorm-
http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/

Hope you find these links helpful. E-mail me whenever your not busy, for we have many things to discuss, my friend.

C.R. 2008

"Wether you think you can, or you think you cannot, you are usually right" - Henry Ford

THE ART OF DARKNESS IS COMING... 2012
Awesomeman
Years of Service
User Offline
the download link is not working, is it dead?
Clear Water
Years of Service
User Offline
no download link. thread should be locked until a working one is posted

Intel Core 2 Duo T7250/2.0GHz 800MHz 2M L2 Cache/2GB DDR2
667MHz 2 Dimm/256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT & 250 Gig Hd
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 06:19
A working download link is not a requirement for posting a project here.

-Keith
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 06:00
I'll see about getting a download link soon. Just had to put a halt on my projects while im doing personal issues.

Clear Water
Years of Service
User Offline
@ KeithC

I am aware of the rules for the showcase board. They also say that having a demo is highly recommended and that if you have one then the link to it should be maintained.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 12:43 Edited at: 19th Apr 2010 12:44
@Lewis, I have been experimenting with the following combination for my own project:

- Ingame video footage (made with wegame)
- post production in movie maker adding sound files and subtitles

For me its much easier to set up a trigger zone, completely freeze the player and run a video instead of scripting the scene.

Especially the ability to cut in completely different scenes or pictures makes this much more prefarable for me. I could even simulate some lights going out just by some clicks in the movie maker.

And speaking of talking characters - its easy to set up a scene for taking an ingame vid where you choose an angle that doesnt make an talk animation that necessary.

Thats no critisism, your cutsecenes are from the best done so far - but maybe you'll give my method a try

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 14:16
Quote: "I am aware of the rules for the showcase board. They also say that having a demo is highly recommended and that if you have one then the link to it should be maintained."

I am also aware as to what they say, as I wrote them. It doesn't, however, merit actually "locking" the thread; when there is still some conversations about the game/demo going on.

-Keith
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 18:14
@Clear Water,

Just chill.. you'll get to play soon. I'm uploading it to a new link as I type this. Dont get your panties in a bunch!

@The Storyteller 01,

I know about video cutscenes but I prefer scripting it as it adds immersion.

Clear Water
Years of Service
User Offline
@ KeithC & Lewis

Thanks, I really want to play this game : )

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 23:04
Updated download link in first post.

roman7
Years of Service
User Offline
Alpha_Project_Demo_Final.zip CRC error corrupted zip
please upload again
Shadow Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2010 21:51 Edited at: 21st Apr 2010 22:29
Quote: "Updated download link in first post."

Awesome, thanks man. Downloading now, will review later or tommorow.

EDIT: File still not worknig, it's corrupted, I downloaded just fine, but couldn't fully extract so the installation failed.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2010 22:39
*facepalm* I'll try get another one uploaded by tonight.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 06:42
Link updated!

Shadow Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 18:16
Quote: "Link updated!"

Thanks man I'll try later, expect a review soon as well, looking forward to playing .

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 22:43
@Shadow Blade,

No problem! I hope you enjoy playing!

Shadow Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 22:49
Well I finally got to play your demo, unfortunatley I was met with a runtime error at the start of level 5. So for what it's worth; here's a review of the first four levels.

Well let me start off by saying you really deserve your BOTB Badge, this game was excellent and really sets the standard all other FPSC Horror games should aim for. The presentation was excellent, the use of huds, PDAs .etc really set the game apart from the many other Horror FPSes we see on this forum. The opening sequence was excellent and I was imersed from the start. However my immersion was ruined by some glitches (ie falling through the floor .etc) but these could be solved by turning of the motion blur so I'm not fussy. But when I met the girl, she kept repeating some weird jumping animation. The graphics were excellent and the effects work well, the map design was good but not brilliant. The atmosphere was great and I loved the sound, and I was genuinly scared at times!

The gameplay was also good, the usuall finding keys .etc monsters jumping out, but delivered with finesse and freshness. The ability to pull up your sight was nice (and well modelled!) but didn't really add much gameplay-wise, they were too slow to move and it was easier just to fire from the hip. I know they are really slow in all FPSC games so no worries there. Framerate was good and the loading times were brief.

Overall a great game, with a little room for improvement; I can't wait to see the finished product.

RoxasXIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 23:58
Personally I think if this was to be a full game, it could compete with some commercial games, gameplay wise. This is my review: I'm not a person who curses often, but when that 'Shroudling' jumped out, I cursed really loudly. Lucky no-one was home, or I would've got a slap . A great game and it's worth every minute of waiting for the final release. I didn't find any glitches other than the doors not having shadows on them, but I know this is one of the problems with FPSC.

Too much to do with too little time.
Ctamerica21
Years of Service
User Offline
Those were some nice pics, how big is the download file?
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2010 00:17
Lewis, this is pro. Excellent work.

Just tried a quick run through of it, I didn't read the this whole thread so I don't know if you are aware of this, but when I went into the first office, where he says "hmm just an office" I walked along one of the walls and fell off the map. Not sure if you meant for this to happen or not.

Again man, pro work!

ThatGuyJohn.com (personal blog)
PCGameDrops.com Something for your PC to chew on!(Launched May 15th, 2010. Developers please have a look, will be updated aggressively)
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2010 18:31
It's a shame you can't actually replicate the effects on the windows without it being a bug. It looks like a coloured version of Rorschach's face from Watchmen and I'd love that on my windows.

[center]
moncho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2010 10:56
by far one of hte best fpsc games ive seen!
Master Gman
Years of Service
User Offline
Biotech Industries? That sounds just like the game http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/
They call it Horizon Biotech but really in the storyline its called Biotech Industries.

I want your babies
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 20:34
well ... You know, that lift of the first level is shining too much, put dots of light inside the lift to try to correct the problem, and one in the elevator door,(outside) maybe run, as I do not have much knowledge in other ways how to fix this problem, this is the safest way I can present, hmmm ..... I might read some tutorials.

mods for creating a inteligent game,at least
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 22:03
NICE... good idea put the Dante in the End of the level

mods for creating a inteligent game,at least
PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 13:08 Edited at: 8th Jun 2010 13:09
Ok I've played it, here is my review:

Level Design:
5/5 - Good level design, i really had trouble finding the second key.
just need some touches now and then, but its a really good atmosphere where you can almost smell the blood. I had some issues with the Shader on the Window, when i stand till in front of it, it will tun the color of the Light shining in it (mostly white)

Gameplay:
5/5 - Scared the hell out of me when the Shroud arrived.
also when the dog appeared running, i thought: OMG, whats going on?
i really was Inside the storyline, and i fell kinda horrified when i got into a dark room, Like the Enemy in the Dark corner, it scared the hell out of me. i'm not a scary-cat, but you did made me jump off my seat.
Also,m I love the HUD, and how its Flickers when there is a Zombie nearby, also the Dante beast ending is Awesome

overall:
4/5 - Good game, a Excellent game to be honest, but i did miss the Costum Media in this one. i know you got Costum weapons and HUD, but i would love to see more Costum Entity/Segment work.
I got some cool idea's for the game, if your interested, Mail me at: Pekelaar39[AT]live[DOT]nl

Keep it up

tomaszavenger
Years of Service
User Offline
I quite enjoyed this. There were a few spelling and grammar mistakes, the two I could remember were "Acess" on the card instead of "Access" and "Chimpanzee's" instead of "Chimpanzees".

Freaky, and really fun to play. My main con would have to be at one point, a voiceover occurs where James complains a door is locked, and the security head tells him to find an alternate route through some ventilation shaft. The funny thing is, he doesn't have to bother, the two windows on the side of that door are destructible. If you make those windows indestructible, it would make the voiceover more effective.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2010 16:03
Quote: "Freaky, and really fun to play."

Sounds like something the yhave on game posters...
"Freaky, and really fun to play"
-tomaszavenger

"lol"
- Metal Devil123

god games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2010 13:58
nice i'll like this game very much

don't move handsup
Aresofold
Years of Service
User Offline
In your first post you put soloution instead of solution. I'm not sure if that is in the game or not but I thought I'd point it out. I played through the game and when level 3 loads, I get an error. I have not been able to play past level 2. I am redownloading the game now, and I'll try not to save anymore. The other error I get is when I look at PDAs, I fall through the floor. I have to keep my eyes up or I fall into an inescapable place, or off the map. Great game from what I've played so far though!
Aresofold
Years of Service
User Offline
@gman, you do realize that Biotech is short for Biotechnology. Biotechnology was not a term made up by unreal tournament modders.
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2010 18:49
ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object rungame:

Cannot execute AlphaProject.exe

I replaced the loader .exe and I get this error everytime. The normal demo wasnt working because i fell through the floor when I spawned. So I downloaded the loader and I get this error.

- Gorlock
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2010 02:24 Edited at: 28th Jul 2010 17:47
I just caught someone using one of my gun mods from Alpha Project.

May I remind everyone that the media contained within Alpha Project is NOT to be redistributed, ripped or modified. Doing so is classed as media theft.

Thank you.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2010 14:13
DOn't worry, I don't even know how to rip the media off...

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2010 18:09
I've responded in the shaders thread Lewis.

[img][/img]
Assault Tek Games
User Banned
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 09:51 Edited at: 6th Aug 2010 20:41
Fast Review

Graphics 8.0 Just Amazing but some parts feel very empty

Gameplay 9.0 a lot of stuff to do i like it

Music/sound 9.5 Great voice acting and music!!!

Final Score 8.8 Very fun thats all i can say Can't wait to see more.

Matthew Torres

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 19:28
Quote: "Assault Tek Games "

One question... why would you want to attach the picture you attached?

My old YouTube account got deleted. My new account is called MetalFPSC. thanks for your time!
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 19:12 Edited at: 8th Aug 2010 19:14
He wants to kill you Md , maybe its that, or he wants a Cheese burger

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 19:42
Quote: "He wants to kill you Md , maybe its that, or he wants a Cheese burger"

That makes completely perfect sense! Why didn't I think of that?

And your sig is too big... the Height, I mean... and I like the Cold there. Brings in mind "lifeless" sig.

My old YouTube account got deleted. My new account is called MetalFPSC. thanks for your time!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:10:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:10:40