Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / I'll be moding x10 when it comes out

Author
User Banned
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 18:19 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2010 03:05
well I have decided when the x10 version comes out Im going to mod it with alot of good fetures considering x10 and 11 are the future of gaming. I cant really promiss alot until I see the code but If its like I think it will be most of the fetures I employ should be no problem. If the code comes out soon then I will need a list of things you guys would like to see in fpsc x10 to get me going and to see what i can and cant impliment right away.

if possible air mod will be added

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 19:16
I was thinking about doing a mod based on user input, but I think that it is a better idea to actually get DBPX10 and the source, and do some things with that before you start promising people features, that at the moment no one even knows if can be done.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 19:28
Quote: "I was thinking about doing a mod based on user input, but I think that it is a better idea to actually get DBPX10 and the source, and do some things with that before you start promising people features, that at the moment no one even knows if can be done."

if it could not be done they would not relise it to be moded, and besides i did state first let me see what i can do first or did you not read the whole first post i posted.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
im soo exited!!!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 20:22
Quote: "I cant really promiss alot until I see the code"

Missed that line, but I still think that it's a better idea to wait until after fiddling with the source, before getting user ideas. I can see from both ways why you would and wouldn't ask for ideas before the source, I just think that it's better to wait until you already have some things tackled in X10 before everyone starts throwing their ideas at you.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 21:00
Dynamic water would be nice

"Why does everyone quote ButterFingers for their sig?"-Inspire
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
le shorte i like that idea
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
well i think its good to inspire and get some good ideas in the flow of things i agree its too soon but i am getting excited about lord of the rings coming to 3d ( not till 2012-2014 and thats a maybe) but still i love the idea and like to talk about it.

if you do get onto it see if you can make decals to attach to moving entities ie fireballs, a wider area and an inventory or some form of trading to add more game dynamics.

that would be tops

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 00:30
hey Daniel wright,

This is AWESOME news. I would love to see it, one thing I have been dieing to see is evolves shaders to be implemented. Like the xara mod. the reason beeing x10's pipeline can handle the shaders with ease and not worry about dropping performance like it does in x9. Like always iron sites, stuff like air mod would be much appreciated, but more or less evolves shaders because x10 would loooook gorgeous!

"I haz no sig :o"
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
also make it so you can go into 3rd person that would be cool like scroll out to go to 3rd and scroll in to go to 1st for a game example oblivion
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 05:05 Edited at: 20th Mar 2010 05:06
@le shorte , im shure I can add it, first thing i'll see if i can do

@science boy, like the game im building right now?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4aYAzSO2_Y

if your refering to something like this I can just use the same code I have set up in my game

@Soviet176

i'll look into it to see what shaders i can use being it is using x10, Im shure I can prety much use any.

Quote: "also make it so you can go into 3rd person that would be cool like scroll out to go to 3rd and scroll in to go to 1st for a game example oblivion "

3rd person in fpsc is horrible becouse the way the camera system is built. its built trully for first person as per the controlls, it can be done im shure and if i can do it im shure i will.

Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 09:13
Sounds promising!!! If only I had a new PC...

C.R. 2008

"Wether you think you can, or you think you cannot, you are usually right" - Henry Ford

THE ART OF DARKNESS IS COMING... 2012
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
didnt know that but... didnt a fpsc mod do it though?

[quote]3rd person in fpsc is horrible becouse the way the camera system is built. its built trully for first person as per the controlls, it can be done im shure and if i can do it im shure i will.
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 20:40
yes and no, it was never perfected for the cameras or for other things like climbing stairs and collition, shooting, there are more flaws in it then most things in any of the mods, but like i stated if its possible I will shurry impliment it.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
kk
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2010 03:26
Can't wait to see what you come up with daniel

Blind Digger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2010 06:37
Looking forward to this Daniel.
It's been needed for a long time and hopefully will come soon.
X10 has been left behind by X9 and it's mods.
It's time X10 got a mod and soon be better than X9,because it isn't yet.

Good luck with this Daniel.
I'll be watching to see what you come up with.

Best Stephen
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 21st Mar 2010 10:01
thanks guys, now all we need to do is wait for it to come out, lets all hope its soon.

Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2010 15:11
I'm looking forward to this as well! As a start, I would suggest Airmod to be implented first as well as some well-needed scripting commands that would make the vanilla FPSC users much more happy! From there you could then go on to add any of your own additions and user-suggestions.

Finally having a mod to support the next generation of game making could even make X10 rank up to X9's standards! I hope this goes well, and I'll definitely be supporting this!

"Dad? Dad, I'm a- Ye- Not a "crazed gunman", dad, I'm an assassin! ...Well, the difference bein' one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" - The Sniper.
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 21st Mar 2010 17:42
Quote: ", I would suggest Airmod to be implented first"

well, if I can get the code to add it and if the regular fpsc code is compatible to x10 then i will ad it. its most lickly the same code with a couple additions to only run with x10 shaders so im shure there will be no problem with doing this but getting the source code for Airmod, get me this then I will add it in.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2010 23:11 Edited at: 21st Mar 2010 23:13
well i have to ask how and very impressive. if ya have a way for me to get hold of the inventory, i never managed to suss out them flame things i checked it out ages ago. so is that done on x9 or x10 and how did you get the bloke to make it 3rd person? if secret or if ever do a pack count me in i would happily contribute towards your hard work. anyway awesome demo

Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2010 23:44
Isn't Airmod open-source?

"Dad? Dad, I'm a- Ye- Not a "crazed gunman", dad, I'm an assassin! ...Well, the difference bein' one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" - The Sniper.
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 01:59
Quote: "im shure I can add it, first thing i'll see if i can do"

Nice. As others are saying, ironsights ftw. And something else for water: would it be possible to have it a certain height in one room, then it's different in some other room due to a locked door or something? That would be nice. Almost forgot, DOF would also be a nice touch
Cheers, can't wait. Would pay a decent sum of cash.

"Why does everyone quote ButterFingers for their sig?"-Inspire
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 02:35 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2010 02:36
Quote: "would it be possible to have it a certain height in one room"

I can do this by creating a new object where you would like the water, water is done with objects textured with water textures with shaders applyed. so this can be done but im not shure if it can be done for fpsc, ill see what i can do. ironsights I will also look in to. dof can be done with controlls, ill look for some example code to see if i can add it.but I will need to look at the x10 code before I can promiss anything like this.but like i said, if it is as like x9 with just some difrences then Im shure i can handle it.

Quote: "Isn't Airmod open-source?"

I belive so but dont know where to download it.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 02:50
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 02:56
lol, thanks, im looking at it now and this can all be added im shure,im going to add the timer based source first then i'll add to it from there.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 02:58
Quote: "im going to add the timer based source first"

I believe that X10 already uses timer based movement.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 03:04 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2010 03:04
Quote: "I believe that X10 already uses timer based movement."

it does but this mod here has moded timers to, it also has fov,blood,new scripting commands,new conditions,Advanced Blood Effects,New Actions,Gun Lag,Simple Zoom Offset

so on and so on and so forth, well, ok, I will add alot of my own stuff though to.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 03:34
I will definitely mess with the source when it comes out. I already have a giant list of things to add.

but...

When is it supposed to come out? Did they even say anything about it coming out?
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 03:45
Ragdoll in multiplayer would be so awesome. I would legit pay you upwards of 50$ or more if you could add that in.

Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 04:01
Quote: "Ragdoll in multiplayer would be so awesome."

Agreed. If we can also get flak weapons working and dynamic objects in multiplayer as well, imagine the possibilities! We could create dynamic cover and kill people by chucking bottles at them!

Recently I had some weird dream of me in an FPSC multiplayer game throwing a grenade into a window, killing a person and watching his body fly out. It was awesome

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 18:37
Quote: "Ragdoll in multiplayer would be so awesome. I would legit pay you upwards of 50$ or more if you could add that in."

dont we already have rag doll? explain to me what to add for it so I can understand.

Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 20:32
Yea, but it's disabled in mp like all other dynamic things.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 21:07
Correct, multiplayer does not have rag doll, it's actually really disappointing. Rag doll in MP would be something I would invest in heavily.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 22:18

well, I did not know this,ok. if it's trully possible to do i'll add it for shure.all dynamic things are dissabled in mp,why? so no moving things around at all? I own x10 but never realy made a mp game with it only single player.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 23:01
Quote: "all dynamic things are dissabled in mp,why?"

I believe that it would have to do with latency. If all objects are forced to stay in the same place, and there is no ragdoll, you wouldn't need to account for as much latency, if these were added a heavy amount of networking code would need to be implemented for it to work.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 23:12
Quote: "I believe that it would have to do with latency. If all objects are forced to stay in the same place, and there is no ragdoll, you wouldn't need to account for as much latency, if these were added a heavy amount of networking code would need to be implemented for it to work."

yea, I see your point, I might just have to add more code then, sounds like fun

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 00:42
When is it going to be released?
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 01:13
Quote: "When is it going to be released?"

We still don't know. We probably won't for a while.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 01:36
well they did say they will relise it so it most lickly will be soon I guess, mabey never but I hope not becouse im ready to dig in.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 02:12
When x10 version 1.10 is released officially lee said he would give it out to people who asked him for it. Also it would be a rank of honor for you Daniel, the first person to make a mod for x10. Even if you don't come up with a mod, you tried. That's what counts. The x10 community really appreciates this

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 02:43 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2010 02:44
Quote: "When x10 version 1.10 is released officially lee said he would give it out to people who asked him for it. Also it would be a rank of honor for you Daniel, the first person to make a mod for x10. Even if you don't come up with a mod, you tried. That's what counts. The x10 community really appreciates this"

ill come out with a mod this i do guarinty, even if it only is 5 or 6 new fetures i will do something.I will definitly add air mod if the code permits

Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 02:56 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2010 02:57
Well I just found out we can already improve the multiplayer by adding the Lemur mp code if you're up for this:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=165670&b=21

Anyway I'll definitely support this all the way through because this seems like it'll be going somewhere! I'll also gladly beta test if you ever need any testers.

This project does sound like a lot of fun, and I would learn DBP just to make all these additions possible if I could.

Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
I too am looking forward for this source code released. I definitely want to take a run at adding some mods. X10 has some great potential and hopefully we can make it do what we want.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Daniel, is there a place to get those features from your demo, or is there a way i can get hold of some of your features? i want to add more of a role-playing element to my games. I am not too worried about 3rd person although looks good, i am interested in spell casting ie fireballs and the like, and any other features you have on offer clouds or rain etc, of which you would be willing to trade. if not wanting to trade or the like can you send me on the right path. unless the demo was x9.

cheers.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 15:22
Quote: "Snipesoul "

thanks i'll look into that.

@science boy

this demo is my game in dark basic pro,i will add alot of fetures you wish for in the mod

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 16:13
THIS IS A SMALL UPDATE TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.

I emailed lee about the code, here is that said email

Quote: "On 23 March 2010 13:52, Denise Wright <mystic81006@yahoo.com> wrote:

Helo there, I was wondering if By any chance to get the x10 code so I can start moding it when you distribute it. This is just an early permishion to get the code as I have alrerady promised to mod it on the fourms. thanks for your time

Daniel Wright "

the reply

Quote: "Hi Daniel,

No problem, V110 looks nearly done now so the kit won't be far behind. We will be hosting it as well on Google Code so learning about SVN (check out the last but one newsletter) will be useful.

Best Regards,
Lee."

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 17:25
Thanks for the update.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 20:34
no problem, it should be soon then

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 20:38 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2010 20:40
Yeah, I'll be waiting patiently, because I e-mailed him immediately when he first announced it on the v1.10 beta board.

Edit: my post just made this a hot thread. Only one other thread on the X10 board has been a red folder. At least that I've seen.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 01:45:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 01:45:42