Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [Free] SGLauncher 1.2.1 - Customizable Launcher for your Games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Very well.

I think this is one of the most useful extra programs.

Thanks a lot.

But I have a terrible problem with it.

I worked with it and I done 75% of what I want but I don't know how can I change the option from my Setup.ini ,Look I found Write() for it in the help (Index / Actions / Write)but how can I use this action?

For example I want to change dynamiclighting=0 to dynamiclighting=1 in the code below:

I want to put a box like the box below and with clicking it should changes.

On means 1 and off is 0.
DL=Dynamic Lights

Have our guns was a mistake!!!

I am PaYaM
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2010 20:29 Edited at: 16th Sep 2010 20:35
List('media\Button-H.png','media\Left.png','media\Right.png','x5 y128 w180 h22','On=1,Off=0','GAMERUN dynamiclighting')

x and y are coordinates of the box and w and h are width and height

... This is like a select box with arrows left and right.

To save this into the setup.ini add a buton on the screen and attach the Write() function to it.Nothing extra

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2010 13:49 Edited at: 17th Dec 2010 17:26
Quote: "I think this is one of the most useful extra programs."

Thanks! Great to know, that some people find this useful, nothing's better than seeing people appreciate your work.

Quote: "but how can I use this action?"

Well, Write() does nothing more, than saving the current values of the settings controls to their respective location within the setup.ini, to actually change the settings, you have to use the Check() or List() functions, as Gencheff described.

Here's an example for you to look at:

Download

-Doomster

Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Gencheff
But
You are the best Doomster

I really understand everything about the programming in SGL by your example and also by original examples.

I think if you add this example to the original file for the next version most of the users will use it to understand everything better.

Again Thanks a lot.

I am PaYaM
tecbug
Years of Service
User Offline
Amazing app. You're great
teamhalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2010 06:00
Wow this looks incredible. Awesome work Doomster.

Check out my new model pack:
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2010 20:31 Edited at: 10th Oct 2010 20:59
Quote: "I think if you add this example to the original file for the next version most of the users will use it to understand everything better"

Indeed, has been added as example #7.

Quote: "Wow this looks incredible. Awesome work Doomster"

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

1.1.3 - Changelog

Launcher (V1.1.3)

Additions:

Functions

- Execute actions on buttonpress OnKeyLeft(), OnKeyRight(), OnKeyDown(), OnKeyUp(), OnKeyEnter(), OnKeyEscape(), OnKeySpace()

Action

- Switch between a lists choices - List_Left(), List_Right(), List_Set()
- Check or uncheck an existing Checkbox - Check_Set()
- Wait for user to press a key to continue the actions - Wait_Key()
- "Else" Keyword in actions has been removed, you have to use the action Else() now
- Request the user to input text or a password - Request_Input(), Request_Password()
- Download a file to the launchers directory, or open a website - Internet_Download(), Internet_Visit()
- Repeat the actions multiple times Repeat()
- Create, and change variables, for use in actions - Var_Set(), Var_Inc(), Var_Dec(), Var_Mul(), Var_Div(), Var_Rnd(), Var_Array(), Var_Replace()
- Compare values of variables - Var_Equal(), Var_NotEqual(), Var_Greater(), Var_Less()
- Retrieve state / value of setting controls - Check_Get(), List_Get()
- File Operations - File_Delete(), File_Exist()

Improvements:

- Specified values in ID Parameters will be checked, and only applied, if not used already
- Positions may be specified in any order now, instead of the fixed "x y w h"
- You may leave the first Image() Parameter empty now, to only use a rollover image
- The List()control may be created without any images now, to use arrows in any size, use Image(), Rect() and the List_Left() / List_Right() actions
- Text() and SetText() may load their text from a file now, to do so, specify "!PathToFile" instead of the plain text
- If "0" specified as width or height in Window(), the default size won't be applied anymore
- You may write values to the setup file directly using Write()
- The action Wait() has been changed to Wait_Time() and now uses Milliseconds instead of seconds
- "Is Bold" Parameter of Font() replaced with "Options" parameter, accepting space separated list of options
- "Justify" Parameter added to Text(), will left/right/center align the text within the coordinates

Bugfixes:

- Bug in the actions Ask_IfYes(), Ask_IfNo() have been fixed that prevented the execution of new actions, if their result was "False".
- If an ID is specified in a List() function, it won't be used for the next one anymore
- Splashscreen() fixed, it does disappear after the specified timeperiod expired
- Fixed bug in Autoexec() that prevented other "On Switch" Functions to fail
- SetFont() now operates on the control associated with the specified ID, instead of the ID

Designer (V1.0.3)

Additions:

- Custom dialog for action parameters
- CoordHelper that shows mouse position, window size and size of the control under mouse

Improvements:

- Designer will be hidden during the launcher preview

Bugfixes:

- Designer won't freeze anymore, when pressing "Change Value" without selecting a property

Download:

1.1.3 (1186 KB)

-Doomster

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2010 01:48 Edited at: 11th Oct 2010 01:49
I'm not a big fan of the new 'internet_download' command; you've opened lots of opportunities for viruses, spyware and such there:

I assume it doesn't ask the user if they want to download and execute the exe?

If people do use it for viruses your program will end up with a very bad and untrustworthy reputation.

knxrb
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2010 12:54
Quote: "you've opened lots of opportunities for viruses, spyware and such"

Yes, I agree, people could abuse it for fishy things, but they're not neccessarily going to, especially the people in this community.

Every programming-language is able to download files and open websites, and it should always ask the user if he's okay with that?
That'd be the wrong decision in my opinion, as that would limit the normal users, who may just want to download some text, to inform the user of updates.
Also, imagine how annoying it would be, if the user always has to press "Yes", if FPSC-IP connects to it's database, or gathers it's informations.

I understand your concern, but if people want to spread viruses, they would find a way - replacing the fpsc-game.exe, modding the fpsc-game.exe (DBP can download files without prompt too), or whatever, and I don't want to handicap the regular users just because of some bad people.

However, the user could still include such a prompt on his own:

-Doomster

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2010 17:26 Edited at: 11th Oct 2010 17:27
Doomster, I would love to see a template made showing prime examples of the new download and run commands. A template that sees if an update is ready, then downloads it, then runs it.

It would be nice to force the user to download the updates before they can run the actual game.

**Edit**

Would also be awesome if you could update a text box from this app from a site, so the user knows if there is an update or not.

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
nerogun
Years of Service
User Offline
Am I the only one having a problem with the 1.1.3 download link?
DarthBasicVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2010 16:09
Me too. Clicking on this link:
--> http://www.downloadcounter.de/counter.pl?file=http://doomster.bplaced.net/Downloads/Apps/SGLauncher-1.1.3.7z&user=Doomstator

nothing happens (just a blank page that says: "Diese Seite ist leider nicht mehr verfügbar, Fehler 404. Sorry, this page is not available any more, error 404. Contact service provider")

Please Doomster could you attach the download to the first post ?
Tx!!!

Riccardo
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Dec 2010 16:14
Nope, I cant DL it.

I am Southern, and I love Grits. Feel free to ask me what grits are if your a yankee
Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh no

I downloaded the file twice but both time it was 895Kb not 1186Kb and it says"The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

I think while uploading it just crashed.

And the new features are really nice

I am PaYaM
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2010 17:04 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2010 17:08
It's back online now, sorry for the inconvenience (propably deleted the file accidentally while cleaning the website).

-Doomster

Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
@Doomster,Didn't you see my post?

And something else is the template in the first post,it has the same problem.

I am PaYaM
nerogun
Years of Service
User Offline
Fantastic Tool
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2010 13:56 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2010 13:59
Quote: "it has the same problem"

Never really heard of such a problem with my webspace provider before, maybe it's just your browser that's having problems? However, MODDB mirrors can be found on the first post now.

-Doomster

Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Finally I downloaded the files from Moddb.

I have to say WoOoW.

The Designer tool is really great.
And the new actions and conditions are very useful.

Thank you man.

I am PaYaM
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG!! Doomster, again, you have done a Fantastic Job on ur SGLauncher - Customizable Launcher !! as always, thanks for the download!! keep up the Awesome work.

I hope you have a Great day!!

Cheers,
Tanya.
Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I have a question.
Is there any condition to check if something is true in the setup.ini file then do something else?

I mean for example

check if realgameview is 0 then don't let the game start when we click on start game(I mean disable game start) and if it is 1 enable start game button.

If there isn't so you can add this for next version as it can be useful.
For example I want to put two kind of shaders and if one of them is enable(shader#=1)the other one can't be run and the player have to disable shader# to enable another one.
I can explain more if you want.

I am PaYaM
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Dumb question is there guides and tuts included?
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Doomster thanks for the great tools I also like model maker too

Have A Good Day

From
Leon

Hello.There is my pics.And nice to meet all modeller,designer and many more
veer
Years of Service
User Offline
when ever i rename it...it does not start why
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2010 22:36 Edited at: 13th Dec 2010 22:58
Quote: "Is there any condition to check if something is true in the setup.ini file then do something else?"

No, there's currently no action to check the value of a setup.ini key; noted and will be included in the next release.

Quote: "is there guides and tuts included?"

Guides and Tutorials aren't included, but it comes with an english and german documentation, covering all commands and explaining the syntax, commented examples are included as well.

Quote: "when ever i rename it"

Which file are you trying to rename, and does SGLauncher report any error?

-Doomster

veer
Years of Service
User Offline
main file...sglaucher.exe

whenever i rename it to put the game title name or any other name it doesn't start

but when i rename it back to sglauncher.exe again..it start
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2010 17:58 Edited at: 15th Dec 2010 21:12
For everyone interesed in what's going on with the development, check the new roadmap: Roadmap (if I'm not replying to any suggestion / request in this thread, check the roadmap to see what's planned)

Quote: "whenever i rename it to put the game title name or any other name it doesn't start"

Can't reproduce that behaviour, did you by any chance delete the .exe extension of the file?

-Doomster

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2010 18:07
@Doomster
I sent you an email a few days ago, do you think you could help me out on it?

Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2010 19:24 Edited at: 15th Dec 2010 19:25
Another action script I couldn't find is changing the names of some files.(this can be very useful)
For example I have 2 movies in my videobank 1 of them is 1024*768 and the other one is the same videos but in 1360*768 for wide monitors.
Normal one is Video1 and wide one is videoW(W for Wide).
The right videos which will start in the game should be Video1 and I if the player go to the option in the SGLauncher and set it as wide the SGL should rename Video1 to VideoN(N for Normal) then rename the VideoW to Video1.
Again the story will happen for when the player change wide mode to normal.
Thank you for reading my message.

I am PaYaM
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2010 23:22 Edited at: 30th Dec 2010 23:25
Quote: "Is there any condition to check if something is true in the setup.ini file then do something else?"

Added.

Quote: "Another action script I couldn't find is changing the names of some files"

Added.

Quote: "Would also be awesome if you could update a text box from this app from a site, so the user knows if there is an update or not."

The new example demonstrates how to do this (Example #9).

1.1.5 - Changelog

Launcher (V1.1.5)

Additions:

- New construct for multiline actionlists - Name []
Actionlist [
Msg(Hello); Msg(World)
Tip(Hello); Tip(World)
]

Functions

None

Action

- File Operations: File_Open(), File_Close(), File_Read(), File_Write(), File_Move(), File_Copy()
- Show all created variables and their values - Var_Debug()
- Call() action (Execlist() alternative)
- Break() to stop the further execution of the actionlist (only useful for multiline actionlists)
- Skip() to stop the further execution of the actionline where Skip() occurs (only useful for multiline actionlists)
- Read() to read the value of a flag from the setup.ini file into a variable

Improvements:

- Execlist() once again has been revised, nested calls will now be executed and only the registered Actionlists of the true branch will be executed.
Var_Equal(Var 1); Execlist(List1); Else(); Execlist(List2) - If Var equals to 1 List1 will be the only registered actionlist and vice vera.
- You may specify a directory within the Splashcreen Function or Action, to show all files of the passed directory
- Splashscreens can now be faded in & out, "Fade" parameter introduced to do this, "Show once" is now the fourth parameter
- If any of the constructs are never closed exit if that's the case (either through the close indicator, or when a new construct starts)
- Internet_Download() now accepts text files with multiple URL's and downloads them all automatically
- If no actions specified in an actionlist the text is considered to be an id and will be translated to an Execlist() call

Bugfixes:

- Internal action variables (such as RepeatIndex) will now be declared on startup

-Doomster

DrUber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2011 06:51
Is this free for commercial use?
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 23:20
Quote: "Is this free for commercial use?"

As long as it's only a component / part of a game, and the launcher itself isn't sold, yes.

1.2.0 - Changelog

Additions:

- ShowOutlines flag added to the Configuration file will outline any Check(), Image(), List(), Mouseover(), Movebox(), Rect() and Text()

- Flags added to the Configuration File that allow to disable the outlines for specific functions, if outlines are active
- The Actionlist construct now also supports singleline actionlists, thus Actionlist() is obsolete and redundant
ID [
Line1...
Line2...
]
ID [ Line ]
- "." operator added to the action interpreter, used to concatenate variables, that way there's no need for Var_Replace() anymore.
If you have 3 pictures with identical naming and want to show each one, one by one:
Repeat(3); Msg(Imagename_.$RepeatIndex.png) instead of Repeat(3); Var_Replace(File Imagename_{RepeatIndex}.png); Msg($File)
Var_Replace() will still be available but it's now obsolete and unneccesary.
- New internal variables have been added.

Functions

- Hide parameter for Check(), Image(), List() and Text()
- Deactivate parameter for Mouseover() and Rect()
- Interrupt parameter for Video(), to disable the interruption if Escape / Space / Enter is pressed
- Key() control to alter the keyboard layout

Action

- SetVolume() to change the volume
- Keyname(), Scancode() and Input() mainly used to alter the key layout
- SetMouse() to move the mouse to any coordinate within the launcher window
- Music_Active() and Sound_Active() to control sounds and music
1 - Block all further playback
0 - Unblock all further playback
- Music_Playing() action, True if it's playing, False otherwise
- Sound_Playing() action, True if it's playing, False otherwise
- Sound_Stop() action to stop the currently playing sound
- ExecuteWait() action, executes the specified executable and waits until it's finished / closed
- Active(ID) returns the state of a control (Active(Rect); Deactivate(Rect); Else(); Activate(Rect))
- Visible(ID) returns the visibility of a control (Visible(Image); Hide(Image); Else(); Show(Image))
- Var_Delete(Variablename) to delete a variable from the variable table
- Var_Reset() to clear the variable table (all created variables will be lost, except for the internal ones)
- Loop() - Loop the actionlist until Break() is called

Improvements:

- Empty actionlist will now be reported and not declared
- Sections and actionlists won't be declared anymore if one of the same name exists already
- Execlist() / Call() calls to nonexistent actionlists will now be reported
- Compile Switch will only encrypt the data if it wasn't already
- When the layout file is being encrypted using the Compile Switch all comments and empty lines will be removed
- Empty lines won't be added to an actionlist anymore
- "&" in texts will now be shown instead of being used as an identifier and underlining the following character
- Unexistant files in Music() functions will now be reported
- If unsupported file extension specified in Music() / Sound() / Video() it will now be reported and not played
- If the "On Mouseout" parameter of Mouseover() is empty, it won't be translated into an execlist call anymore, which resulted in an error
- The Window() function now always centers the Launcher Window if X & Y Coordinates omitted, not only the first time it's called
- List() selectors (left / right arrow) now waits until the mousebutton was released, before switching through the values
- Check() now waits until the mousebutton was released, before checking or unchecking it
- Sound() renamed to Sound_Play()
- If the currently opened file doesn't has any value, File_Read() won't have any effect
- Text of List() will now be centered vertically
- "CenterAll" alignment option for Text(), to center the text horizontally and vertically

Bugfixes:

- Autoexec() and OnKeyX() won't get stuck in an infinite loop anymore when it's used on any section other than the first one
- Compile Switch fixed, corrupted the data previously
- List text won't be hidden anymore in some situations

The major addition is... customizable key layout!

-Doomster

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2011 13:34 Edited at: 19th Jan 2011 13:35
The Mod DB mirror is back online, so you may get the latest version there.

[Mod DB Mirror]

Any comments, feature requests or bug reports?

-Doomster

AeroFiles
Years of Service
User Offline
error: system file config.cfg does not exist.

thats the error I get when I run the latest version.

AeroFiles - addon content developer for fps creator (store)
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2011 17:25 Edited at: 21st Jan 2011 17:26
Quote: "error: system file config.cfg does not exist."

This error is intented, because the launcher needs a configuration and layout file to do anything.
The documentation should cover the basics (syntax and configuration file explanations) and the examples should do their part as well.

Introduction (Syntax, Supported File Formats, etc.)
Configuration

I've also uploaded a video today, demonstrating the Layout Designer:

High Quality (1280x1024)

-Doomster

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2011 20:57 Edited at: 4th Feb 2011 21:05
1.2.1 - Changelog

Launcher (V1.2.1)

Additions:

- Imageblock added, allows to store all Images within one File, Imageblocks can be created using the included Imageblock-Creator.exe
To load from an Imageblock, the File has to be specified within the Configuration and to reference the Image within a Function Parameter
Filename:Index has to be specified - Example 12 demonstrates the Usage

Functions

- OnMouseDown() to execute actions whenever the left mouse button is clicked
- OnMouseUp() to execute actions whenever the left mouse button is released

Action

- List_Equal(), True if the List's current Choice is equal to the Value, False otherwise
- List_NotEqual(), True if the List's current choice isn't equal to the Value, False otherwise
- Check_Equal(), True if the Check's current State is equal to the Value, False otherwise
- Check_NotEqual(), True if the Check's current State isn't equal to the Value, False otherwise
- Key_Equal(), True if the Key's current Key is equal to the Value, False otherwise
- Key_Get(), retrieves the Key that the control currently holds and saves it into the specified variable
- Key_NotEqual(), True if the Key's current Key isn't equal to the Value, False otherwise
- Key_Set() To alter the value of a Key Control
- Mouse_GetPos() Updates the Value of the internal MouseX and MouseY Variables
- Str_Search() (or StrFind) Checks whether the specified Value is within the String (Text), and updates the internal
StrFound Variable, contains 1 if the Value was found, 0 otherwise
- Str_Length() (or StrLen) Saves the Strings Length (Hello World = 11) into the specified Variable
- Str_Delete() (or StrDel) Deletes all occurences of the specified Value within the String and saves it into the specified variable
- Str_Split() (or StrSplit) Splits the String with the specified Delimiter and saves each Value into a separate Variable
StrSplit = Count of Substrings, StrSplit1 to StrSplitX contain the Values
Str_Split(, Hello,World) would set StrSplit to 2, StrSplit1 would contain Hello, StrSplit2 would contain World
- Move() - Moves the Control associated with the current ID to the specified Position

Improvements:

- List() now centers the Left / Right Selectors within the Height of the List, instead of using a 5px Offset
- SetMouse() has been renamed to Mouse_SetPos()

Bugfixes:

- Unexpected behaviour of the concanete operator has been fixed

Designer (V1.0.7)

Additions:

- Setting added that, if activated, will open the export folder when the project was exported
- Import existing Layout Files as a Project
- Setting added that, if activated, will use the position of the selected control for Rect() and Mouseover()
- Project Details Window added, shows the size of the project files, etc.
- "Compile the Project on Export" Flag added to the Project Settings, allows the Config and Layout File to be encrypted on export
- Key Control added
- "Apply Image Size" checkbox added if new "base image" selected, will automatically apply the image's size if checked

Improvements:

- If a Section doesn't have any Width or Height specified, the Layout Designer Default Size will be used
- Now support centering of the launcher window (leaving X or Y blank)
- The CoordHelper will now show the coordinates of the control that's currently moving around, if there's any
- Replaced the ' for enclosing of Parameters with the newer "
- The Alignment State of the Text() Control will now be used in the Editor as well
- The Hide State of Controls will now be used in the Editor as well
- Moving of the selected control is now better working, you won't have to click multiple times anymore, which occured sometimes
- Updated the action dialog to include all available actions
- Now resets the count of the gadgets when saving a project (Image_1, Image_3, Image_9, Image_10 become Image_1, Image_2, Image_3, Image_4,...)

Bugfixes:

- Fixed a bug that prevented the new gadget selection to be registered
- The gadget highlighter won't steal the focus of the gadget window anymore
- The Project Settings will now be completely deleted from the Config.cfg file when exporting a project

This Update was mainly dedicated to the Layout Designer; the positioning of the controls using the mouse was overhauled and refined, existing Layout Files can be imported (the Image shows Template-1 directly after the Import) and small additions that simplify the workflow, thus the image dimensions can now be applied to the control when selecting a new base image and Rect() / Mouseover() Controls can use the Position of the selected Control.

The Layout Designer now also has the Key() Control incorporated and all new actions of the previous release, which I forgot to include in the last version.

-Doomster

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2011 21:57
This application keeps getting better and better with each addition/tweak.

Thank you Doomster for all your hard work on this.

- BlackFox

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 14:06
The new version has been authorized on Mod DB today: Mod DB Mirror

Quote: "This application keeps getting better and better"

Thanks BlackFox, good to know that someone's still following the development.

-Doomster

Elite Warfare
Years of Service
User Offline
So what does this actually do? Is this the game menu or just a launcher?

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6454/ewabbreveationonly.gifhttp://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6454/ewabbreveationonly.gifhttp://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6454/ewabbreveationonly.gif
Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2011 14:36 Edited at: 6th Feb 2011 17:13
Really great.
But I found something wrong
It's not a bug,it is just about example-10.
When we click on "apply default" it just re-changes the resolution not both textures and resolution.
For next time fix it

And I have a good idea
Maybe we can make this with the current version but it will be very hard.
My idea is animated images with and without loop for background.
For example I make 10 frames for the background which shows "a rainy day".
This can be like this in general(change it as you like) :
Animate(loop/no loop,frames,time for each frame(second))[first frame address.jpg][second frame address.jpg]and ...
And it is like this for that example:
Animate(loop,10,0.5)[1.jpg][2.jpg][3.jpg][4.jpg][5.jpg][6.jpg][7.jpg][8.jpg][9.jpg][10.jpg]

And another idea:After opening the launcher it shows nothing except background and then after two seconds the pictures and words became appear and it can have or don't have fade effect.
So it needs something like this(change it as you like) :
AppearE(fade/no fade,time(seconds))
(E means everything except background)
So by combining the "animate" without loop and "AppearE" we can make a very fantastic launcher

I hope you liked my ideas.

I am PaYaM
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2011 15:08
Quote: "So what does this actually do? Is this the game menu or just a launcher?"

It's pretty much laid out in the thread, and the initial post. Try reading it.

-Keith

Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,Aren't you continuing this?
Oh and I couldn't find any command to copy files.
For example copying saves to desktop for storing them maybe needed.
Or for example I make a game with two different characters,so when you choose one in the launcher then the hand textures move into the right folder and by choosing another character other hand texture will copy to the right folder.
Oh and I think there should be a way to renaming files and folders.
For example for those hand texture there is a better way.
There are two hand texture in the weapon folder and with different names but the texture in use should get the right name(we can't have 2 different textures with same name)so when you choose each character it's hand texture's name change to what it should.
Sorry for long post.
There were just examples to show you how can copying and renaming files can be use.

I am PaYaM
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 00:15 Edited at: 1st Apr 2011 02:55
Quote: "Aren't you continuing this"

I'm still working on SGLauncher, but I have dozens of project on my plate that need updating and my attention, as well as new projects, so I always have to find enough time for each one invidually and have to set priorities (depending on how much I need something for my own, how widely it's used, etc.), because I want to take my time and not rush anything.

While the internal version already has some improvements, bugfixes and additions, there are still things written on the Todo list, that need to be implemented, before I can think of any new release.

I've started to use the Twitter Page more actively lately, so you may want to check that to read about progress: Twitter.

Quote: "Oh and I couldn't find any command to copy files."

Already in since 1.15 and had been added on your request.

File_Copy
File_Move

-Doomster

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome Software Doomster!

*Downloading*!

Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh many thanks,
sorry I didn't searched I just looked for copy with my eyes
Anyway the topic came up to the first page and DarkJames saw it and that question was not usefulness

I am PaYaM
Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2011 14:26 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2011 14:30
Thanks for the Trojan Downloader.

If it's an FP then sorry, but yeah This should be told to everyone.
VirusTotal Found nothing but Mbams usually on the ball. If it's and FP can you can confirm it I'll tell Mbam about the FP.

hey
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2011 15:03 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2011 15:11
Quote: "VirusTotal Found nothing but Mbams usually on the ball"

So you trust one single Anti Virus (in your case it's more for spyware, etc. anyway) Application without that good reputation more than all the, established, good supported and commercial Applications, like Kaspersky for example?

I don't know how "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" tries to detect malware, but it may be because of "Internet_Download" action that is included, that allows user to download files from their websites (news texts, for example), but it isn't called by default, and doesn't really turn an application into malware.

As you see in the thread, noone had such a problem before, and I can assure you that I never distributed anything malicious on here, and SGLauncher contains, by no means, any virus or trojan.

And I do have to say, that I feel quite offended with you directly accusing me of distributing "Trojan Downloader", instead of asking me friendly what's going on there, or could cause a false positive.

-Doomster

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
Doomster you obviously know nothing about AV's and I said I'm sorry if it's an FP Please learn to read. MBam is one of the most reputable Anti Malwaresofts around and finds things NO other AV's do and is used world round for cleaning PCs. So before you go dissing the AV just say OHH Sorry yes its an FP.
I was very friendly. I said if its an FP sorry. I just figure its important to mention the issue.

I'll post it in FP Section on Mbam forums.
I'm not trying to offend you, but it wouldn't be the first time someone on the forums did it.

hey
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2011 15:27
Quote: "MBam is one of the most reputable Anti Malwaresofts around and finds things NO other AV's do"

I'm just speaking from my personal experiences with the application, and I always had better results with "Avast", than with "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", which several times didn't detect malicious software, while Avast did, and has only a score of "2/5 (out of 2720 Votings)" on, probably the most used, german website for software downloads; Chip.

Sure, it can be more reliable depending on the system / os, so it probably isn't that convincing to say: "It didn't work for them, so it's not good", it's just that, back in '07, problems with false positives occured often, due to "AntiVir" (with my own software, FPS Creator and what not), so I'm kinda sick of false positives.

If I sounded too rude in my previous post, I'm sorry, wasn't anything personal.

-Doomster

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2011 15:59 Edited at: 4th Apr 2011 00:47
No problem.
But side note. When I worked at the PC shop everyone who came in with infected pcs and needed them cleaned had either, avast, norton, AVG, bittsomething, or some other main stream one. And we were able to use mbam to clean almost everything. lol. Of course not just it alone. And its alot different then the old versions.

ONTOPIC:
I told them about the FP so It will be fixed in next update and ur product shouldn't be dected anymore.

Since you say its good i'll try it out tommarow i need some sleep atm tho. Looks awsome can't wait

EDIT
Quote: "Posted Today, 02:54 PM
fixed in the next update "

FP Fixed Sorry

hey

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:08:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:08:20