Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [darkphysic] model car won't work in darkphysic demo code

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Could you post a .blend file of your car? I ran into a similar problem and just solved it yesterday. So if I have the blender file I can help. Also you seem to be under the impression that it has to be rigged. This is not true unless if your car is all one object (limb).
leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 05:07
@ Mic11 12

that sounds cool and great that you figure it out. the bad part for me is the my hard drive that all my blends file crash.
i never did get around to make back up files of all my blends and darkbasic pro files. i in the procress of remodeling that car file again. as soon i get it done i post it up.

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2011 09:09 Edited at: 9th Feb 2011 09:29
@mic 11 12
i made another car model in blender. i will like to ask what version are you using. 2.49 or 2.5. i still perfer using 2.49 for right now. also do you use the kara directx export or the one that come default with blender.

the camera view in left window is top view

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mic 11 12
Years of Service
User Offline
I use 2.49b and yes I do use the kara exporter as I have had more luck with it. Fixed your car (attached). You need to still rotate it on the Y axis 90 or -90 degrees in your code (which ever you like better and is easier to set up). Later I'm going to type a paper, pdf, etc. on what I corrected (and attach it) and believe me there was quite a bit to correct(don't feel bad, half the time I correct as much on my vehicles). Export using DirectX settings (obviously) and compare the original to corrected. Hope this helps.

Attachments

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2011 10:06 Edited at: 14th Feb 2011 22:09
@mic

have you made in program using the car in your darkphysic work correctly.ifyou did, can u make an exe so i can check it out.

when u make a model how do you setup model view. i was using top view and i think that what was causing half of my problem.
Quote: "
You need to still rotate it on the Y axis 90 or -90 degrees in your code "
by this what you mean

i just use your fix model and still getting error. i have attach a pic. the one with yellow and purple is what i got. i use the demo vechicle in the folder.

sorry for taking so long for any results. my new system got a trojan horse and had to reformat. took a while to get everything back to normal. i also want to say you have gotten better result with blender car modeling to work then i have.

edit....wrong pic but now the right one

Attachments

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2011 17:36
when I open the buggy in AC3d the car is standing upright meaning the front bupper(bump bar) is at the top of the screen on the y axis. and if I remeber right I can see the roof.

Does that help?

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2011 08:55 Edited at: 21st Feb 2011 17:35
@howdo

it kinds of help, but i don't use AC3d. and when i try loading the buggy into blender it doesn't show. the post on top of yours had the wrong pic. mic 11 12 took mine model and fixed it but i still getting errors. the tires now move on the top/bottom axel instead turning like a regular tire should. i have attach a x model. can you see if is the same way like u did for the buggy in ac3d.

from what mic, you and fbln, it seem to me that it has do with coordinates. i have read the blender and darkbasic have different coordinates. i have found two other forum here that kind explains how to setup just need to figure out how. i am not a math genuis or expert in programing. but i will hopefully figure it out with everyones help.

also i use your car setup program. if you can use this model into that program u can see what i was talking about. also what line do i change for a better camera view to get a side view instead a back view.

thanks for your time.

Attachments

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2011 16:45 Edited at: 15th Feb 2011 16:47
I think it here, been along time since I played with the code, plus not yet put darkbasic back on since changing to win 7 and trying to find the bsod problem.

try this bit first
CamDist# = 10.0 :rem how far away from object

how it works, theres an object at the center point of your object and a bar coming out of it at an angle (all these bit are hidden) and then the camera is fixed to the end of the bar.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2011 05:43
howdo

i did my own experment with blender( i know u use ac3d and not blender) and darkmatter models. i load the 3ds model and it has the same axis as the fix model that mic has. the problem seems to setting up the tires. the x part is okay, looks like the z and y part are backwards. still going to fool around with it to see if i can get it going.

as the for the camera haven't miss with it yet.
thanks for helping with ideas and the camera clue.

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 00:58 Edited at: 21st Feb 2011 01:00
OKAY I FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET MY MODEL TIRE TO TURNING CORRECTLY.
i post a pic of what i did. pic A shows the blue arrow going up. in
pic.b were the red box is.
step1.click the green circle near the red cone.
step2. hit r button(to rotate), then hit x, enter 90 value.
if done right it should look like pic.b were the blue arrow goes west to east, not north and south like pic.a

i gonna work on a help guide or setup later on. for more better understanding. and put pics in side the post qith a download but i don't have a pdf program so it might be in a wordpad format or office word format.

i want to give thanks for there time and surpport on this:
howdo,lbfn,gamer x and mic

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:28:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:28:20