Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Putting my money where my mouth is - Speedier mod test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2010 21:27
@Scene Commander

Yup that did it, its all good

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Yup that did it, its all good"

Good. Glad to help. It's going to be a few days until the next update, certainly, not until after the weekend. so if you find any other bugs or have any other comments please let me know.

http://jimjamsgames.yolasite.com
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 16:42 Edited at: 20th Nov 2010 16:50
I have a minor problem with ammo appearing invisible. It's weird, there are 3 ammo pick-ups in different places in my level, all the same type of ammo, but only 1 lot is visible. The other 2 are invisible, but can still be picked up when I approach their positions.

I'm not sure if this is an FPSC problem or a problem with the mod. Any ideas?

FYI I'm using appear2, ammo and disappear2 scripts for the ammo.

There is 1 other problem; one of the enemies doesn't disappear when killed, it just lies there twitching!!

This is a more serious problem as I have the level scripted so that a certain door opens when all the enemies are killed. With this 1 enemy not disappearing when killed, the door isn't opening so the level isn't winnable. All the enemies use the appear1 script and the ps2 fastbone effect and are spawned with trigger zones, but I only have the problem with this 1 character.

BTW, I'm using the latest build (1.9) of the mod.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I have a minor problem with ammo appearing invisible. It's weird, there are 3 ammo pick-ups in different places in my level, all the same type of ammo, but only 1 lot is visible. The other 2 are invisible, but can still be picked up when I approach their positions."

Ok, I'll check this out.

Quote: "There is 1 other problem; one of the enemies doesn't disappear when killed, it just lies there twitching!!"

This is a more serious issue. I'll check it out, but I've actually had this issue with vanilla FPSC so can't be sure it's the mod. #
Which character are you using?

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 17:02
The colonel x sniper character. The problem only started with version 1.7 of the mod, previous versions and vanilla fpsc have been ok. Hope this info helps

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@bruce3371 Thanks for the update,

I'll continue to look at this. I haven't been able replicate the problem myself, has anyone else experienced 'twitching characters' with this mod?

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 17:51
I'm currently going through the long process of rebuilding my levels from scratch; even with your mod installed, the fps is still too low.

This isn't a problem with the mod, it's my dinosaur pc and lack of optimisation.

Once this process is completed, I'll re-test all the levels, that way I can be more sure of it being a fairer test of your mod.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Once this process is completed, I'll re-test all the levels, that way I can be more sure of it being a fairer test of your mod."

You'll find a benefit from using as many dynamic, immobile entities where possible, this will give you the best optimisation the mod has to offer.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 19:38
Thanks, I was doing that before. I think part of the problem was with the amount of polys in each level.

In the outdoor level for example, I had a lot of Cosmic Prophet's Country Time trees, which added up to a lot of polys.

I've now replaced all those trees with Rolphy's billboard trees and this by itself has made a huge difference. I'm getting a frame-rate increase of 10 or so fps!

We'll have to wait and see what improvements I can make with the rest of the indoor levels!

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 04:24
So when does the official update come out?

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 07:09 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2010 09:01
Quote: "So when does the official update come out?"

The next update for this mod will be now known as WASP mod V2, so I'll be letting this thread die after that release, and Beta 1 will be released once the beta testers have reported back that everything is more or less working.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 12:21
Ok, understandable. Is there any way you take take out the text from your mod in built games or?

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 12:32 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2010 12:36
Quote: "Ok, understandable. Is there any way you take take out the text from your mod in built games or?"

There is, it's been there for the beta's, but I'll remove it for built games.

EDIT* I've just altered the source now before I forgot, so It'll be removed in the next public beta.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 14:55:53
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 14:55:53