Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Modern Warfare Community pack Released!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2011 22:36 Edited at: 24th May 2011 23:58
Quote: "that will probably be mine squire as i cut a corner there and didnt give them a hud_icon: instead just a tiny black dot so it will be for everyone my friend "

Same for me. The Barrett hudicon is still the commando, which is the weapon I based it off. I'm trying to make some changes to it and I'll get Cosmic to upload the new version here in due course.

EDIT: And I also didn't realise I could put the textures in the entitybank with the entities when using Bond's PS 3.0 shaders. Learned something new there.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 00:10
TGPEG: Yep, and it helps you keep all the files together in one place.

2.5ghz QuadCore,4gb ram,1gb ATI graphics. Dual OS. WinXP, Win7.
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 01:09
Well solved my gun problem! I missed the download for Gamecore...
But the Trench Segments still have no texture and a few objects Normal maps are it texture.

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 01:22
Crazy Acorn for the trench stuff i had to open up the fpe file locate the texture parts if you notice its not even pointed to the correct path the trench textures are in Warfare Community Pack - Textures i changed it all to trenchkit in texturebank and fpe

======================================
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 01:42
I can make a video with guns that don't work right... A few of them dont have sounds, a few dont have textures including all of the pistols. Some you just pick up like the China Lake.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 02:19
I hate my PC, I was looking forward to having a play with the tower entities, but all I got was black entities. I tried changing shaders and textures, but still, all I got was black

Oh well, nice work anyway guys. I guess, I need to accept the fact that my PC just can't do everything I want of it

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 02:31
Tsk tsk, so many complaints for a large FREE pack. As Willow said earlier, if you are unhappy with what you have, then simply remove it.

Quote: "I can make a video with guns that don't work right... A few of them dont have sounds, a few dont have textures including all of the pistols"

As far as the weapons, we had found (for example) the Deagle when picked up was all white. I know enough to A) open the gunspec and look at the texture file, and noticed that it had a gun_d2.dds when in fact it was a gun_d.dds; B) change it in the gunspec and the Deagle looks proper now. Problem solved.

It is the same for other items that may not have textures. Just open the fpe/fps and look at where the texture is pointing to. Then check to ensure you have it. It is very simple and straight forward. Even my wife knows to look when something is out of the ordinary. Some of you have been here for some time and should at the very least understand and have a grasp of the FPS Creator folder and file associations.

Instead of posting more complaints, why not post some thank you's to the artists that took the time to make all this stuff for free. Too many complains may cause people like Cosmic, Willow, and others to think twice before ever doing something like this again. We at least owe them our gratitude for all their time, hard work, and efforts- regardless of the few minor misses/typos/etc in a few media pieces.

- BlackFox

The function of good software is to make the complex appear to be simple.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 25th May 2011 02:42
Quote: "Even my wife knows to look when something is out of the ordinary."

I used to just say stuff without thinking about it all the time. I'll just go and let the dog know you'll be sleeping over tonight. Oh yeah! I quoted it and now you can't change it.

Your friend,
Brian.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 02:46 Edited at: 25th May 2011 02:46
Here, here BlackFox.

I do hope I didn't sound like I was complaining about the work that went into this pack in my previous post. If I did, then I apologise, for such was not my intention.

I was, if anything, complaining about the fact that my dinosaur PC can't handle certain shaders (even though, according to the Nvidia website, it's supposed to be PS3 compatible). This was not, in any way meant to be a reflection on the quality of this pack, or a criticism of the work that went into it.

In fact, I had already expressed my gratitude to everyone a few posts earlier.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 02:50 Edited at: 25th May 2011 03:00
Quote: "I used to just say stuff without thinking about it all the time. I'll just go and let the dog know you'll be sleeping over tonight. Oh yeah! I quoted it and now you can't change it."

LOL. I won't be in the dog house; never have, and never will- BlueFox knows exactly what I mean. It was not an insult to her, but rather a point of showing that she knows what to check and where because she took the time to learn the software, how it works, how segments and entities work, weapons, etc.

So go ahead, try to get me in trouble with her. It just won't happen. Matter of fact, she says that you can have my old dog house.

EDIT- Sorry Brian. Cathy said it was the doll house, since I don't have a dog house. Our dog sleeps inside. Sorry for the mix-up

Quote: "I do hope I didn't sound like I was complaining about the work that went into this pack in my previous post. If I did, then I apologise, for such was not my intention."

Of course not, Bruce3371. I was not directing it at anyone- just a general post to try and stem the flow of complaints and turn it around. We can relate to your issues with older machines.

- BlackFox

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 03:13
Sorry for me complaining also... I just wanted to make sure that everything was working in the pack. I thank all of you for the great models you put out! I don't mind the quality but the guns should be fixed. Its free but as long as it works properly but then its fine by me.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 03:34
Quote: "Matter of fact, she says that you can have my old dog house.

EDIT- Sorry Brian. Cathy said it was the doll house, since I don't have a dog house."

Does it come with any dolls?

This pack is HUGE! Even at TGC prices, there's hundreds of dollars worth of content here. I just place a small sampling in the editor to check it out and it's amazing. Thanks so much guys and gals. You're the best!

Brian.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 03:41
Quote: "Even my wife knows to look when something is out of the ordinary."

Outch dude!

But seriously! This pack is simply amazing! Hail to the Cosmic Prophet, Baby!!

It is a great testament to show what this community can do alltogether in teamwork. Most content is simply splendid.

Quote: "I can make a video with guns that don't work right... A few of them dont have sounds, a few dont have textures including all of the pistols. Some you just pick up like the China Lake."

Fella, gotta learn basics about FPSC's entitie system. Check out the gunspec file and see if anything is wrong there.

The more you work with FPSC the more you realize that 80 % of the work is done outside of the editor.

-Wolf

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
Twitter: @Serygala
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 03:42 Edited at: 25th May 2011 03:47
Quote: "Does it come with any dolls?"

LOL. We have Divorce Barbie... she comes with half of Ken's stuff

I'd have to ask our daughter what dolls there are in the packed box. She's not using them anymore. I'll order an air drop over your place. Just watch the horizon for that little box and parachute

Oh, that reminds me... GI Joe has parachutes and other gear. We can use that to get it all to you I'd use my remote controlled helicopter, but I'm afraid with the range I would get as far as Montana and lose control of it. Then some unsuspecting farmer would find your dolls strewn about his field. With a helicopter crash, I'd end up being deployed, have to attend the scene. And let's not even talk about the paperwork I'd have to do... Trying to explain to my CO why I caused a helicopter crash with Barbie dolls may result in my being reduced back to a Corporal. Plus the fact some farmer may take it as an attack... Well you get the picture

- BlackFox

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 03:50
i know this is kinda off topic but had to

Quote: "LOL. We have Divorce Barbie... she comes with half of Ken's stuff "

======================================
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 03:51
Quote: "We can relate to your issues with older machines.
"

Can I ask you a favour please? Please will you try out the Cosmic Prop Tower entities on your older system, and if it works, will you tell me what steps you took to get it to work?

I know you're both busy with your own projects, but I would be extremely gratefull if you would do this. I would really like to use the towers, in the later levels of my sci-fi game.

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 03:56
Quote: "Fella, gotta learn basics about FPSC's entitie system. Check out the gunspec file and see if anything is wrong there.

The more you work with FPSC the more you realize that 80 % of the work is done outside of the editor."

Im no noob wolf... I have been around for sometime. Just got a name change so I appear new.

I have taken a look at the gunspecs but I have never worked with guns before. I am still looking to at least get most of the guns working.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 04:02 Edited at: 25th May 2011 04:04
Quote: "We have Divorce Barbie... she comes with half of Ken's stuff"

Yeah, she sounds like a real keeper!

I can see it now... "Toy Story 4:The Barbie Insurgency"
If I could model characters I'd make a Barbie. She could be more popular than Rick Astley!

In fact, she would be perfect for a spoof comic series I'm working on!

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 04:03
Look guys, Like 75% of the stuff that I recieved from folks was not shader ready at all. In fact there were a lot of items that were sent with .jpg textures only. I spent a solid week creating full texture sets for nearly every item in the pack. (over 200 entities) at 4 textures for each, that comes close to almost "1,000" textures.

If any of you would take a minute, and read the installion instructions readme, ( No one ever does), It clearly states that you can adjust both the texture set, and shader to suit your needs.

While mass producing these texture sets, there may be some items where the .fpe points to the older texture.

you will need to adjust this to suit your needs. Some of you may want to use the stock shaders, while others may want to use some of Bond's Metro theatre shaders for example.

All the models are there, along with the textures you need to get them working.

All you need to do is set them up the way you want. For those of you who are not shader savy, Set the entity to static with no shader and make sure the .fpe points to the new "D2" textures. they will all show up correctly. and you can go from there.

I will upload a new "Gamecore fix" archive for the guns when it is ready, to help those having trouble with the weapons.

Keep in mind that this is a "Free" collection of over 200 quality models. You did'nt pay for them, and if you need to do a bit of tweaking to get them ready for your projects, "What's the Big Deal?"

If someone gave you a car that didn't run because it needed a little work, like a new starter or something, Would you call the guy who gave you the car, and complain? or have the thing towed away because you were to lazy to fix it? Especialy when you were told in advance. I don't think so!

Did I have to spend a week of my life creating almost 1,000 textures, and nearly 50 of my own models to give away to the community for free? I don't think so!

If your not happy with all the free stuff, throw it in the trash, and don't complain to those who are doing the giving.

Done.

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 04:23
Well I managed to get the textures working on all 3 pistols and the Spas 12! But the shot sound on the SPAS12 doesn't seem right. It sound like a punny airsoft gun going pfffft. Although in the editor the guns are white and in game but when you pick them up there are texture Could use some help on getting that all working correctly. Also I can't get the china lake to work at all.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 05:43 Edited at: 25th May 2011 16:37
Quote: "Did I have to spend a week of my life creating almost 1,000 textures, and nearly 50 of my own models to give away to the community for free? I don't think so!

If your not happy with all the free stuff, throw it in the trash, and don't complain to those who are doing the giving. "

BlackFox agrees with this...

- BlackFox

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 06:51
As was said; great job on all the contributors, and excellent work yet again on CP for bringing this together and contributing himself....yet again.

To all the people whining about issues with this pack; you might want to opt out of posting then. Just a suggestion.

-Keith

Willow
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 06:57
Thank you so much KeithC!
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 14:13 Edited at: 25th May 2011 14:58
[edit] Thanks Cosmic, even though I'd followed the instructions to the letter and tried swapping the textures and shaders around, I still couldn't get the towers working properly. That is, until you mentioned about leaving 'effect' blank in the editor. It works now!

Once again, thankyou to everyone who contributed to this pack. Now that I got the towers working, I'm sure it will be no problem, and take very little effort, to get the rest working [/edit]

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 14:28
Quote: "Did I have to spend a week of my life creating almost 1,000 textures, and nearly 50 of my own models to give away to the community for free? I don't think so!
"

Since all of my game projects use your content and are in fact often using 30 % + made by you (which is a lot)....and I would lack a huge amount of necessary media without your great packs... yes, you HAVE TO

-Wolf

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
Twitter: @Serygala
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 14:52
YES YES YES!!!!

This is the best, these models will be enough for my entire game project, great job guys.

Sure there may be a lot of problems, but there's a lot more models all of incredible, some of which shouldn't even be free, I mean tanks, helicopters, planes, zeplins, cars, buildings, weapons, characters all for free!

And thanks to CP for organising the pack and fixing up my models

Poloflece

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
For all that want a pack that has little to no problems, I have went through the pack and made a new download for it.

Only a few problems so far in this new pack is the kriss( missing golden texture), broken stairs(mesh is not working), famas(texture missing), but all others seem to be working.

Part 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5584bj9qqik29w6#1

Part 2:
http://www.mediafire.com/?webx186fqvfb76n#1

Part 3:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cxv2qo81ccu7lvn

To extract you need all three files. This should fix all your problems that most of you are having.

Good job everyone! and Enjoy!

defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 18:36
*curiosity core* OOooooo, what's in here.

Been waiting for this, shame my 3ds Max got totaled

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 18:43
Very awesome work CP and community. Thank you so much everyone!

Jeko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 19:16
I get what I expect (expect guns) guns are bad but every thing other is the best

ps well I cant make that guns but are not good like eai

My Specs : CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-core 2.80 GHz Win7 Ultimate
Memory: 4 GB RAM DDR2
Grapphics Card : NVidia GeForce 210 1 GB
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 19:39
starmind 001,

Thanks for taking the time and trouble. I really appreciate that.

Tax 78
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 20:01
Congratulations for the pack is really nice, full of interesting objects.

I have a question:
You can increase the speed of fire arms?

By Tax

Sorry but I use a translator
elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi CP and Willow and other contributors

Thanks - much appreciated.

Eugene
nathan 24
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice! Thanks so much everyone who contributed and of course,thanks cosmic!

Nathan
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Thanks for taking the time and trouble. I really appreciate that"
Anything to help out.

Scope
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent as always.Thanks to all.
Scope.
Jeddy2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 23:16
I fixed everything, YIPEE!!!!!

"YOU ARE DEAD, NOT BIG SUPRISE!" Heavy, TF2
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 00:19
Oh my god!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!!

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com
CapnBuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Almost posted lastnight -- after reading some of the early remarks -- but held off...

I'm glad that people are showing a bit more class since then. Cosmic spent a lot of hard work and headaches coordinating this pack (and creating content). Some respect for that, yeah? He didn't have to do any of this, y'know?

Also, there are a lot of contributors who spent their time making FREE content. This isn't paid work. This is gratis. Respect it.

What if no one in this "community" created content for free because of all of the severe criticism and lack of appreciation and respect? ............... a lot of dead projects............

Ok, enough of the rant.

@ CP et al. Thanks CP and all who worked on this. It's a great pack and very much appreciated! The possibilities....

@ Starmind, thanks for that! Makes life easier.

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 00:52
Thanks Buzz.

Here is a set of clean textures for the "Titan Silo" to replace the "Black going transparent issue" with the originals. Just replace the old ones with these.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DragonEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Now onto Medieval Comunnity pack right?"

Let me know when work starts on that. I may have a thing or 2 to contribute

There's nothing like mowing down a horde of goblins with a mini gun!
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 04:00 Edited at: 26th May 2011 04:01
Woah, it says that I need a password for Props 2? Can someone please help?

Cheers.

EDIT: Never mind I just left it blank an it worked.

God help me, Please.
marvel
Years of Service
User Offline
omg ive been waiting for something like this thank you thank you! ill treasure this forever

kk
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 20:20
Quote: "Here is a set of clean textures for the "Titan Silo" to replace the "Black going transparent issue" with the originals. Just replace the old ones with these."

Thanks CP, this will be a great help to many people. However, I think you're making life too easy for us now lol.

I know, I know, we all complain when things don't work, now I'm complaining that you're doing this for us to make our lives easier. You just can't win can you lol

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 20:57
For the goodies folder... I have nothing in there. I shows folders but in the folders... nothing. Can someone explain this to me?

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 21:00
Quote: "For the goodies folder... I have nothing in there"

I'll double check the download.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2011 23:12
Quote: "For the goodies folder... I have nothing in there."

Quote: "I'll double check the download."

The download here is fine, Dale. We test all downloads available on our site both locally and remotely to ensure there is nothing wrong.

- BlackFox

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2011 00:53
I've also downloaded the goodies folder and there's definitely things in there.

I reject your reality and substitute my own...
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2011 01:21
I'll try re-downloading it.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Jeddy2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2011 03:01
Thanks to all the creators of this pack, I'm sorry that I complained at first, just some minor errors. I fixed them, and used cheap huds I was really looking forward too it!! So thanks!!!

"YOU ARE DEAD, NOT BIG SUPRISE!" Heavy, TF2

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 21:19:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 21:19:38