Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / New FPSC Feature - Scriptable Post Shaders

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 03:18
This will not work with v1.18. You need to add the code that makes this work -- it is a part of the next version -- to the v1.18 source code and then compile it. Previous posts have explained this, so you might want to read through all the posts.

Use RPG Mod and create a world filled with adventure!
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 06:53 Edited at: 8th Nov 2011 06:53
Quote: "Do I need to download anything else besides the scripts and the effects? Because nothing happens when I put the script in the trigger zone. Im sure I put everything in the right spot."

Doomster has posted a link in the first page of this thread with a working build, have you tried downloading that version?

And nice work Bond1.

http://jimjamsgames.yolasite.com
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 07:55 Edited at: 8th Nov 2011 07:56
EDIT: whoops, second page.

Kravenwolf

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 12:49
Yes, it would be easiest to use Doomster's already compiled game engine that just included the new post effect shaders. Never thought of that.

SgtBrown5
Years of Service
User Offline
Do I need Dark Basic Pro for that? because I did download it but the excutable doesn't work.

Also will these come with the next version of FPSC? If so does any one have an idea on when that might come out? (In case im to stupid to figure it out before}

SgtBrown5
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
Well limitless is not possible as even HLSL has a command limit and the more commands you use, the more performance you will use.

But other than that, it is possible. If I get some spare time I will combine some of the post effects together, I'm just busy at work right now, so it could take some time, but will do this.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2011 21:02
Amazing as always! I love how FPSC just keeps on evolving!

Also, @bond1, I just wanted you to know that I sent you an email

New sig in the process of being made
Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Elite: Dangerous
Posted: 9th Nov 2011 22:57
OHH... I just realized that Doomster's exe download HAS the shaders. Might be useful for Bond1 or Doomster to edit their posts and say that the shaders come with Doomster's download.

Just a thought. Can't wait to use it!

Thanks Bond1!!!

Captain Coder

One of the most humbling days in your life will be the day you discover you AREN'T the best at what you love to do.
- Me
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2011 07:48
It probably would have been useful, but they have given so much already. Thanks for letting others know.

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2011 09:23
Bond, can you give me an update on the issue I stated? As far as I understand, the new exe has problems with the codelines showing and unshowing the bloodsplats I use as hit indicator all the times...

Come to where the madness is:
http://www.homegrowngames.at
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2011 13:55 Edited at: 10th Nov 2011 14:04
Well just glancing at your script, you need a state change after setting the post effect. In your script, it will just load and reload the effect over and over again in a rapidfire loop. Kind of like triggering sounds, it should be accompanied by a state change after doing so, so that the sound isn't triggered continually.

After loading the new effect, change states, then do all your hud stuff.

SPECS: Windows7 x64, Intel Core i7 920, Geforce GTX 580, 6GB RAM
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 20:21 Edited at: 12th Nov 2011 20:35
A bit off-topic but still on topic.

But I am trying to get the gasmask shader into a DB Pro project, but I have no clue on what would be required to do in order for it to render properly.

The code I have tried with is the basic code for Dark Shader fullscreen shaders.

Are lights required? Shaders isnt my strongest.

Looks extremely good in FPSC tou, great work on all of them!
The raindrop effect is very realistic. These shaders and the new feature alone makes me want to make a game with FPSC again

[edit]

Found out that the code I posted didnt even work with standard Dark Shader shaders...

But this code by Green Gandalf at least works with other shaders

I believe it has has something to do with the float "time", or am I completely wrong?

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Bond for this great update.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Elite: Dangerous
Posted: 13th Nov 2011 02:41
Quote: "but they have given so much already"

True, very true. Good point.

Sorry for my impatience guys. I blame Bond1! He made those shaders too cool! (Just kidding )

Sorry again for being pushy.
Captain Coder

One of the most humbling days in your life will be the day you discover you AREN'T the best at what you love to do.
- Me
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2011 15:55
Ok, is it possible that EAIs 341 chars aren`t shadered correct with the new exe?
When I attach the new planar shadow shader from latest Zombie MP (Yeah, I´m one of those fools who buys ALL Packs), it`s still screwed up...

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2011 16:04
Change all of the 'ShadowLightSource's in the shader to just 'LightSource'
You also need to unquote

You could also change
to

Mental Stability is over-rated!
Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2011 08:41 Edited at: 15th Nov 2011 08:42
Hey Bond, is there anyway we could get sliders for Dark Shader, like your adaptive bloom and filgrain shaders.
I opened up some of the effects in Dark Shader and there were four bloom options, but when I changed them, nothing happened after I exported them.

I recently learned to sleep with my eyes open. ..... God am I tired
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2011 02:56
FPSC is reborn yet again.

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2011 05:30
So, what exactly is a postprocess shader and what is the default shader FPSC uses?

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 15:22
*sorry for double post*

Could someone answer my question?

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 15:43
Hey beastmode,

Dont know much about about shaders, but I will try to help. A postprocess shader is a pixel shader that is rendered on the entire scene, as opposed to a single object. The default one that FPSC uses is a bloom shader. It can be found in your effectbank, under the PS20 folder, labeled Post-Bloom.fx

I recently learned to sleep with my eyes open. ..... God am I tired
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been playing around with these shaders and I cannot get them to work with other textures. I have tried with and without transparency both on the normal and on the mask, but the screen turns up black when the shader is turned on.

My question is how can we use other textures with these shaders? Could we possibly get a tutorial on these?

I have attached a sample of what I was going for. What i really need is to know where I am going wrong.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 21:39
In the Motion sickness shader, what value do I need to edit to make the frames fade out faster?

Mental Stability is over-rated!
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 22:30 Edited at: 28th Nov 2011 22:31
Quote: "I have been playing around with these shaders and I cannot get them to work with other textures."

For the shaders that use external textures, those textures are explicitly loaded by the engine. So you will need to alter one of the existing shader's textures, you can't create your own shader that uses external textures because the engine doesn't know they exist So just alter the gasmask's shaders textures to suit your needs.

Quote: "In the Motion sickness shader, what value do I need to edit to make the frames fade out faster?"

The Blendmap controls the fadeout effect, so decrease it's contribution in this line:

float3 final=0.15*((ScreenMap.xyz + BloomMap.xyz * (1-ScreenMap.xyz)))+.9*BlendMap;

You will also need to increase the contribution of the first part of the equation by a proportionate amount to keep the screen from getting too dark - the "0.15" value.

SPECS: Windows7 x64, Intel Core i7 920, Geforce GTX 580, 6GB RAM
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 22:34
@ Bond1

Cathy and I had sent you an email with a question regarding the scriptable post process shaders a few days ago. If you did not receive it, I can either resend or post it here.

Twitter: @NFoxMedia
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2011 15:52
I think that it is a fullscreen shade that is aplied on the top of the renderd world to for example blur the screen in some places to create the illusion of rain. I think the default is Bloom or no post processing
angusm3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2011 03:23
*has heart attack*
a lot of this stuff is just what I needed! this is completely brilliant thank you so much!

I appear to have burst into flames...
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2011 16:06
Out of curiosity - is there any code snippet that could be integrated into any of these shader fx files to adjust brightness, contrast and saturation?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:46:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:46:53