Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V119 Public Beta

Author
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 06:36
didint have to manny problems speed wise on 1.18 i did a fresh install with 119b1

Amd dual core e-350
3gb ram
Amd radeon HD 6310

it was a big jump down on the frames per second it is about 50/50 if its my end or not like i said not to worried im sure it will get fixed in the upcoming versions could just be a glitch for what my specs are who knows

======================================
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 06:41 Edited at: 26th Nov 2011 07:15
When I build maps it doesn't include the skybank or weapon sounds. Also, in test game, I use the natural night skybox but it's not even in my TGC files.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 07:06 Edited at: 26th Nov 2011 07:09
@GreenDixy, thanks for the specs. For reference here are the results I'm getting.

V118

[img][/img]

V119 beta 1

[img][/img]

v119 beta 2

[img][/img]

Could I suggest you try running FPSC cleaner and try again. If you're still having issues, I'll willingly look into it but as you can see I'm not seeing slowdown. In the meantime, if anyone else has framedrop issue could they please let me know.

Thanks

http://jimjamsgames.yolasite.com
GreenDixy
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 07:53 Edited at: 26th Nov 2011 07:54
still adjusting some things but got it up to 16! woot lol screenshot i got a question thoe dynmic lights most people use them for scripts etc does a game really need them and just use a dynamic entity instead for scripts then in setup just set dynamiclighting=0

Attachments

Login to view attachments
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 16:45
Quote: "When I build maps it doesn't include the skybank or weapon sounds. Also, in test game, I use the natural night skybox but it's not even in my TGC files."

Yes, the same thing happens to me. Now I know for sure it's the code. I never had this in 1.18.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 17:04 Edited at: 26th Nov 2011 17:04
Quote: "When I build maps it doesn't include the skybank or weapon sounds. Also, in test game, I use the natural night skybox but it's not even in my TGC files"

It would be helpful for anyone who has bugs to also report them on the google code board. This will ensure that a full record of error is on file.

Thanks.

http://code.google.com/p/fpscreatorengine/

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 17:25
the may be blocking some contents but to work around this just take the missing files from fpsc and put them in your final game it just that simple. there was a time when fpsc did not put eai uv textures maps in the build game.lol

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 17:37 Edited at: 26th Nov 2011 17:41
hi guys, 2 things that have to be checked (i wrote it before in the wasp-thread, so just to remember):

Quote: "1. compass:
the compass is defined absolutely, so when you use compassX/Y, you have to enter not a percentage value but pixels. when i now build the the game and change the resolution, it only appears right with 1024x768. when you use another format, compass is deplaced and also dont scale with the standard-fpsc-huds.
this happens even without inserting a height/width-line inside the setuplevel.ini.

percentage value for placing and auto-resizing huds as done in vanilla would be great to vary screen resolution. any chance this can be done?

2.radar:
i have deactivated enemies in my map, but they show up on the radar before appearing for the player. i cant place them activated from the beginning because of ambush-situations and simply the mass of it, more than 200 so the level would crash if i have them all up from the beginning.
and i think i am not alone with this problem.

any way to get an option for not showing inactive entities using activated=X or a variable?
"

some words by scenecommander or if anyone can check these things? i have to work, so i cant install beta the next days.

thx&gz

maho

p.s. an additional thought in hi-res-HUDS:

Quote: "hey guys, as mentioned in a post above your compass works with absolute coordinates atm, so not as vanilla does in percentage value. in fact of this, the wasp-hud did also not scale as the vanilla-huds do.

changing resolution will deplace the wasp-hud and it doesnt resize.
i would say that this is a big CON, and you said you are working on this.

BUT, this system is also a PRO. why? it allows HIRES-HUDS!, wich doesnt work in vanilla because of rescaling up from 1024x768.
the only problem is that the 0/0-coords are in the upper left corner, but 0/0 should be in the middle of the screen so it resizes out from a propper fixpoint.

thought about using this? additional action could be hudscaleabsolute=0/1 for scaling vanilla-style or use original size while using the percentage value of vanilla for placing.

would allow a normal system and HD-huds for the people who want it.
your compass shows that this should be possible to do, and it would be a really great feature for your mod. thats something no one get done before.

i hope you understand this thought. think about it

"
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 19:41 Edited at: 26th Nov 2011 19:43
Quote: "@GreenDixy, thanks for the specs. For reference here are the results I'm getting."

You can't compare V118 to V119! V118 has Vsync on which will cap the frames at your monitor's refresh rate (most commonly 60 FPS), but in V119 you disabled Vsync so now the FPS is uncapped.

I'm willing to bet if you recompiled V118 without Vsync you would get the same exact FPS as V119!

Sean

Arseny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2011 11:08
Quote: "Now all we need is a command to force weapon choose, then I can make a melee knife script (I hope I'm wrong and it's already there)"

Why can't u put the knife into the hud.x behind the gun, and animate the melee animation?
defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 00:52
Question: Will we be given the choice of having vsync on or off?

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
eborr
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello I have "installed" version 1.19 however on the update form it says current version 1.18
1. Have I installed the current version ?
2 Is that the only place the version can be checked = my fpsc files have a date of 21/11/2011

3. I have paid for the full version - is there any way I can confirm this - in the build set-up file the serial number is not displayed
GreenDixy
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 21:30
@eborr

#1 yes all of ours says that

#3 in userdetails.ini just make sure you name and serial is in it

eborr
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lee,

I'm running into an issue in 1.19 beta whith the aiheardsound=x range appearing to be capped. I've added it to the database and uploaded test files for verification. It's issue 123...
http://code.google.com/p/fpscreatorengine/issues/detail?id=123
TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2011 00:21
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 3200 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Is this ok for 1.19 beta 2?

Joey-May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
Favourite Game-Call Of Duty MW2
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 3200 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)"

You don't mention your GFX card, I suspect from your other posts that this is the problem you are having with performance. What card does your machine have?

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2011 18:49
@Errant AI. Checking google changes it looks like Scene Commander fixed the aiheardsound issue. Look for it next beta release.

eborr
Years of Service
User Offline
yep this version does see an impressive increase in frame rate, I do have an issue in that entities from model pack 13 and 15 load into the editor, but do not appear either in a test game or in a compiled game.
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 01:01
This slowed down the performance on my game.
SonOfLight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 01:01 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2011 01:02
Hi I want to ask this question. I havent been on since ver 117 I left cuz every time a make a game it would crash. So I want to ask. How is it now?

-S.O.L
TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 03:52
@Scene Commander
I can never find my graphics card...if that what GFX is so
i will just post this
Card name: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM)
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2582&SUBSYS_300C103C&REV_04
Display Memory: 122.0 MB
Dedicated Memory: n/a
Shared Memory: n/a
Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: ialmrnt5
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4656 (English)
DDI Version: 9
BGRA Supported: No
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 11/2/2006 04:39:29, 36990 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-66C2-11CF-BC61-0610A5C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x2582
SubSys ID: 0x300C103C
Revision ID: 0x0004
Revision ID: 0x0004
Video Accel:
Deinterlace Caps: n/a
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Not Available

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 03:55
Oh! will there be a coditions and action command list for 1.19?

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 07:20 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2011 07:33
Quote: "This slowed down the performance on my game. "

If you're finding slowdown, please post your system specs and an FPM for testing, with fps for previous versions and the fps you're getting with V1.19.

Thanks

@DesertEagle.

You appear to have an internal graphics card, this is 99% likely to be your problem regarding low performance. All modern games require an additional graphics card and FPSC is no exception. I'm afraid without upgrading you are always going to see low FPS.

Quote: "Oh! will there be a coditions and action command list for 1.19"

There is a list of new commands and features in the very first post, in addition, the following commands have been added:

plrisrunning=x (condition) - X=1 returns true if the player is running, x=0 returns true if player not running.
plriszoomed=x (condition) - X=1 returns true if player weapon currently zoomed, X=0, returns true if weapon not zoomed
plrisusingreload=X (condition) - X=1 returns true if reload pressed, X=0, returns true if reload not pressed.
plriscrouching=x (condition) - X=1. returns true if player crouched, x=0 returns true if player not crouching
plrisonground=x (condition) - X=1 and player is on ground returns true, X=0 and player is not on ground returns true.
plrisjumping=x (condition) x=1 returns true if player is jumping, x=0 returns true if player is not jumping.
swaptoalt - swaps to alt fire on the current weapon
firemode=x (condition) - returns true if current firemode=x, 0=normal, 1=alt fire mode
plrrotatex=x - rotate camera angle x to X
plrrotatey=x - rotate camera angle y to X
entrotatex=x - rotate entity angle x to x
entrotatey=x - rotate entity angle y to x
entrotatez=x - rotate entity angle z to x
moveplrx=x - adds a one off X to players X velocity
moveplry=x - adds a one off X to players Y velocity
moveplrz=x - adds a one off X to players Z velocity
$DIF - returns the current entities real world distance in feet from the player.
$DIM - returns the current entities real world distance in metres from the player.
onradar=x (condition) returns true if character on radar and x=1, else returns true if x=0 and character not on the radar.
scale=x or scale=x y - scales characters to scale X or scale X+ a value between 0-Y
plrlastfired=x (condition) returns true if weapon path X is the last player weapon fired.
radargreater=x y (condition) returns true is an entites range on the radar is greater (in segment size) than x and Y=1, else returns true if range less than x and Y=0
radarequal=x y (condition) returns true is an entites range on the radar is equal (in segment size) to x and Y=1, else returns true if range does not equal x and Y=0
holster=x where x=1, player can swap/holster weapons as normal, x=0, player cannot holster or swap weapons.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 07:45
Scene Commander,

Find this in the source:

Change the second case of:
case AIACTMOVEPLRY:

to:
case AIACTMOVEPLRZ:

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Lewis..

Nice catch, not sure how that slipped through! Thanks.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Scene for fixing #123!

I added a new bug just now regarding "Character VWEAP physics not activating when killed indirectly" aka floating gun bug you may have heard of before.

It is issue #124

http://code.google.com/p/fpscreatorengine/issues/detail?id=124&thanks=124&ts=1322905549
TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 17:37
@Scene Commander
i was going to get a new one anyway thanks

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 20:09 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2011 20:11
@TheDesertEagle

No problem.

@All

Fixed alpha issue (might need some tweaking)
Fixed indirect kill issue.

TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 21:14
Beta 3 made it go faster for me aleast i got 9-27
FPS

Eggie
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure if this is a bug, but before an enemy is spawned using the plrinzoneactivateifused script, you see their weapon floating in the air.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2011 00:18
@TheDesertEagle
go to the setup that is in your fpsc folder and turn off the postprocessing. change the number to zero.
this may help you out in a big way.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Fixed indirect kill issue."

Hi Scene Commander-
Just tested in an unofficial b4 build. Seems to be working a lot better now. I did notice, however, that in the provided test FPM that if you script-kill the characters when they are off-screen the VWEAPS are lost and can not be collected by the player. I still occasionally see the floating weapon after death in practical testing but it's much less frequent now. I have been unable to isolate the cause, so far.
GreenDixy
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 4th Dec 2011 03:28
My info for 1.19b3. I figured out the slow down for my fps. Using metro theater if i remove the water parts i get great speed my normal speeds. now im going to adjust and play with it.

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2011 04:17
Downloading beta 3 now and will report any bugs if I find any. Also, can someone please explain how to use the player wobble and death properly?

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "you see their weapon floating in the air. "

Could you please supply an FPM using stock media showing this problem and I'll look into it.

@EAI

I'll have a look at that later for you.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2011 16:47
Quick question; I know the WASP integration is being done a bit at a time to allow for testing, but is the gravity gun/magnetic entity likely to be added in the near future?

BTW nice work so far, not had any real issues yet, but then again I haven't really been digging all that deeply into it!!

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "know the WASP integration is being done a bit at a time to allow for testing, but is the gravity gun/magnetic entity likely to be added in the near future?"

I can't see any reason why not, but for various reasons I might need to rewrite the way it functions for compatability.

Eggie
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Could you please supply an FPM using stock media showing this problem and I'll look into it"

Here you go. The stock enemy characters also seem to be transparent. Walk into the grass to spawn the enemy.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2011 21:11
Quote: "go to the setup that is in your fpsc folder and turn off the postprocessing. change the number to zero.
this may help you out in a big way"

Thanks man! i got 23-53
but when i put on a model pack 10 weapon i get 32 but a model pack 53 weapon i get 40+

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2011 01:05
Just posted issue number 125:
http://code.google.com/p/fpscreatorengine/issues/detail?id=125&thanks=125&ts=1323043461

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2011 03:41
The beta is running fine for me so far at a nice 70-80 fps on most of my maps.

Quote: "Also, can someone please explain how to use the player wobble and death properly?"

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2011 04:49
@TheDesertEagle no problem I'm glad it workout for you. weapons will always run down the performance so thats normal.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Eggie.

I can confirm your issue and will look into it.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

More fuel to the fire #126
Dark AI bypassing character footfall setting in FPE

http://code.google.com/p/fpscreatorengine/issues/detail?id=126&thanks=126&ts=1323083111

It's not a new or critical problem (probably been around since v1.17) but a problem all the same.
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2011 00:50
My specs are 3GB of RAM, Intel Pentium T4400 processor, Intel GMA 4500MHD.
With the 1.18, I got around 23 on the moving platform sample map.
With the 1.19, I got around 16FPS on the same map!
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2011 17:19 Edited at: 6th Dec 2011 17:51
Well after testing I'm seeing frame drops of about 8 fps.

Using wasp mod I was getting on a test map with water 27fps

Using the same map with v1.19 I'm only getting 18fps

Something is killing the frame rate as my entity logic bar(RED) is maxed out.

test map I'm using is metro theater flooded.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 04:41
I'm not having any frame drops at all. I'm getting 80 fps on my game so far. I haven't tested it on levels like metro with water yet.

However, I am losing a wall segment here and there and also my spawned characters will disappear after they are spawned. I do not have vanilla levels that display this issue. This is after integration through r499, so I will not bother with testing any further. I will be going back to r476 and go up to r482 and see if I get the same thing. It is working fine with r476 as of now.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "and also my spawned characters will disappear after they are spawned"

I get something like this as well but can't isolate it. Usually the blob shadow will remain but there is no character visible or player collision (sometimes there is collision but no blob or other variations) but if I shoot the air above the shadow- blood will come out. If running with entity info displayed I can see that the game thinks it's there. Usually the phantom will still have hitpoints and can be "killed" at which point the phantom stays locked in it's throwback script.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 06:00
@Scene Command

I just thought of something. I forgot to include the fx fixes when I integrated all the way to r499. Is this what might be causing problems with my disappearing character sometime after it spawns? I don't see how a static wall wold disappear because of not replacing the fx's.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 07:43:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 07:43:23