Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V119 Public Beta

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2012 07:03 Edited at: 29th Jan 2012 07:04
Hi SC,

I just checked issue 128 in beta6 and although the blood location is working great now, aiusefullaim appears to be broken still.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2012 07:56 Edited at: 29th Jan 2012 08:05
Quote: "Hi SC,

I just checked issue 128 in beta6 and although the blood location is working great now, aiusefullaim appears to be broken still."

I took a look into it and Scene Commander's limbs are coded incorrectly.

For whatever reason he changed my

to

There are two issues with this:
"SP1" isn't the name of a limb within the characters

You can't compare a lower case string ( lower$(checklist string$(tc)) ) to a string that has uppercase characters ("bip01_SP1") as it won't ever return true.

He also has this mistake in the following

I've fixed the "bip01_spine1" ( which fixes the aiusefullaim issue) but left these other two as is, as wasn't sure if they would conflict with any new features.

Sean

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2012 08:34
@hockeykid
So you've fixed the limb problems? I just wanna know cuz I'm about to update my source compile.

-TZK

YoYo Games Account
Predator drone for FPSC - Coming soon, maybe
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2012 08:43 Edited at: 29th Jan 2012 08:44
Quote: "So you've fixed the limb problems? I just wanna know cuz I'm about to update my source compile."

I have only fixed the aiusefullaim issue, but if you change the:

to

and

to

It should allow Scene Commander's limb scaling commands to work with the neck and spine3 limbs.

Sean

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2012 08:48 Edited at: 29th Jan 2012 08:56
@hockeykid
Damn, recompiled for no reason
I'll change those vars and make another compile. Thanks for finding a solution.

Here's a quick compile of r565, quick compile means that I did not compile FPSC-Game-Web, also, this does not include the limbscaling fix: http://tzksoft.webs.com/fpscrevs/FPSC_r565_Quick.rar

-TZK

YoYo Games Account
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 16:12
hey Scene Commander is 119 going have dual weapon use? it would be cool for eai weapons. its one thing that make me miss PB mod.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 16:55
I dont know if it might be easy or hard to add, but what about a working 3dsound command were sound only plays over a choosen distance and then slowly fades

Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 21:09 Edited at: 30th Jan 2012 21:09
There's still the green water plane bug to be fixed!! (While using the light rays the water appear as a green plane even if it is set to water=0) I've read that Dark Goblin fixed that bug into his own compiled version of FPSC as well as the German Community...
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2012 20:02 Edited at: 31st Jan 2012 20:04
Has anyone tryed using Dark Occlusion in FPSC?

Mr. Flibble is Very cross!
Mental Stability is over-rated!
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2012 21:09
Quote: "Has anyone tryed using Dark Occlusion in FPSC?"

It was released few hours ago, what do you think?

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2012 21:14
Some people maybe looking to add it into their mods....

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2012 21:47
I just saw that too... Imagine how many hundereds of times FASTER fpsc would be! It's already going much faster now with all of the upcoming upgrades.

Although I'm not a modder so I don't know how that ould be implemented into vanilla or a mod, but I imagine that if they added dark lights a long time ago they possibly could be able to do it with this!

Would be interesting to see...

[/href]
defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 04:03
Wow... this has came pretty far...

Question1: I saw on FB that TGC released Dark Culling, is this getting added into FPSC?

Question2: FPS wise, will framerate go up when we use water or will it still hinder us with framerate?

Thanks, looking forward to this release.

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2012 05:03
defiler, it kind of depends on the contract with the individual who wrote the plug-in. If it were created solely by TGC then they would probably add it as a plug-in for FPSC and use it. However, I believe someone else wrote it and he would certainly want royalties for use in FPSC.

defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 05:51
Ah alright. Is the current build stable or should i be waiting a little longer?

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm very busy this week with a few other things, but should get back to it maybe midweek next week.

Quote: "Scene Commander is 119 going have dual weapon use"

I do plan to add dual weilding but want to fix the remaining few bugs. I've a fairly solid plan about how I'm going to go about this, but want it to be as easy as possible for "out of the box" functionality.

Quote: "defiler, it kind of depends on the contract with the individual who wrote the plug-in"

I would imagine that as DO is an extention for DBP that would be enough of it's inclusion into FPSC, but coding wise I doubt it would be quite that straight forward. Firstly I really doubt it functions with RC7 at present which is required to build the FPSC source.

Quote: "FPS wise, will framerate go up when we use water or will it still hinder us with framerate?"

FPS will always drop when water is turned on as it is a real performance drain, however, most users are seeing overall performance increases and clever use of the new entity culling will improve this further.
gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 14:37
@Scene Commander: i have a question buddy, does the fpsc level progression been altered in this lastest beta ? in a way that the fpsc can, humm... save information form the last level in a way it can be reutilized later ?

mods for creating a inteligent game,at least
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 15:16 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2012 15:18
@gendestroier: you can do this also in 1.18 using dimvar-variables, they are transported over the levels.

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2012 22:49
Wow, just installed the beta, and a level of mine that was once over 2000mb is now 1500, and i didnt change the level at all, so this is great!

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 16:03
question (mainly @scene commander and developers): i will upgrade to actual beta this week, but have altered many stock-things (segments, scripts, characters, weapons,decals...) and also waspmod-stuff because i use fpsc only for one project. dont worry, i have safety-copies of them, but question is:

has anything changed in gunspec-handling, scriptcommands, .ini-data or anything i have to notice before recopy my files over the beta-version?

would be a dumb thing if i will destroy my installation after upgrading and dont know why.

thanks in advance,

maho

NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 21:36
wow my game that was at 1900 mb running 30-40 fps is now 900 mb running at 80 fps perfectly

Your signature has been erased by a mod - no affiliate links thanks
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 11:30 Edited at: 6th Feb 2012 17:02
Are there any plans to add support for anisotropic filtering? Or has this already been added? Also, what are the correct antialiasing flags in the setup.ini file? Thanks

EDIT: Also, I just tried the weblink feature, but couldn't get it to work :S Has anyone got this working?

EDIT2: Is it currently possible to add custom parameters to the setup.ini file? I was thinking of adding the line maxlevel=X, where X is the highest level the player has reached. This could be written to at the start of the level, where if the level number is greater than the X value, a new X value is written and saved into the setup. This would be useful for a Select Level feature in the menu interface so the engine has a way of knowing how far the player has gone into the game, and so the maximum level to let the player choose to replay.

Specs: Alienware M17x R3. i7-2630QM. 8GB RAM. Nvidia 560m. Momentus XT Hybrid Drive.
Tax 78
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 20:45 Edited at: 6th Feb 2012 15:34
@Scene Commander: is bug?
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=194071&b=28&msg=2312833#m2312833

Ps: I resolved the problem

Tax

Sorry but I use a translator
unimansoftent
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I want to help as a beta tester, well, since version 1.18, notice this problem with the shaders, especially with the "scifi" segments, to edit any problems, but when running the application, get this error in the shader.

My PC:

Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Athlon 64 bit x 2
4 GB RAM
Nvidia GT 520

independent game developer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2012 06:42
Hi unimansoftent. It's always good to have people willing to help beta test software. Thanks for your time and especially the video.

If I'm not mistaken it looks like that this level does not have a dynamic entity inside. If that's true, try putting a dynamic entity somewhere in the level and see what happens.

Tax 78
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2012 15:30
@unimansoftent

Insert the "structuralD" (entitybank\scifi\furniturea)
I resolved the problem

Sorry but I use a translator

Attachments

gendestroier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2012 21:31
@maho76: thanks for the reply mate

mods for creating a inteligent game,at least
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2012 21:48
Quote: "Also, I just tried the weblink feature, but couldn't get it to work :S Has anyone got this working?"

Here is the code in source:

It looks like "http:" is required as a part of the address. Also, iexplore.exe needs to be found in "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer" folder. If it is a valid URL it should then work.

unimansoftent
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello friends, I did what you suggested me.

@ flatlander: I added dynamic entity.

@ tax78: I added structuralD on the map.

Here the video in better definition of the changes.

Apart from some comments please Take them as a suggestion.

greetings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXhHSjkx8a4

independent game developer

Attachments

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 08:36
Thanks Flatlander. I'm currently using the GUI-X9 functions so I have a website button on my titlepage. The script is as follows:

:state=1,varequal=SVar 1,hudmouseup=Website 1:sound=audiobank\menu\click.wav,weblink=http://www.google.com

The click sound plays but no web page opens up. I checked my files an iexplore.exe is in C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer. Any ideas as to why it's not working?

Specs: Alienware M17x R3. i7-2630QM. 8GB RAM. Nvidia 560m. Momentus XT Hybrid Drive.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 15:49 Edited at: 7th Feb 2012 15:52
Quote: ":state=1,varequal=SVar 1,hudmouseup=Website 1:sound=audiobank\menu\click.wav,weblink=http://www.google.com"

There are three colons in this script. I have found that can be troublesome. I have never personally been able to get weblink to work, easily or very well. Therefore, I created my own command in RPG EdMod. This is not available in the public RPGmod; but, I know that you don't want a mod anyway. I would do a FRAP on my test however, it doesn't show up because FRAP only works within a game. When it goes outside of the game it won't show up.

Here is the code prior to getting the address.

This tells me that if weblink=-1 then the address is going to be in the default soundset (sound0). If it is a -2 then it will be in soundset #1. This is my script within a trigger zone:

:state=0,plrwithinzone=1:weblink=-1,state=1

Here is the trigger parameters:

Notice the parameter for Sound0. It is a website url.

The other code in the else clause of the above code I have not been able to figure out yet. Here is the source:

This looks like one should be able to put a string value with weblink=string value. But ???

Anyway I can get it to work with -1 value and using a trigger zone. However, there are still issues. The website will execute, however the screen remains on the game image rather that showing the website. You have to use the ALT-TAB to focus on the website.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 16:25
Thanks for your help Flatlander. Unfortunately I can't use a trigger zone as the weblink command is supposed to be called on the title menu. Hopefully Scene Commander will fix this for us.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 16:39
Marc, try this, just for the hake of it. Put the web url in quotes like this:

weblink="http://www.google.com"

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 16:45
Just tried it but nothing came up :/ It's probably the third colon the engine doesn't like, but we'll see what Scene Commander has to say about it.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 16:55
Marc, I couldn't get it to work that way either. I'm just not sure how to get a string value out of a numeric value.

@Scene Commander,

Characters NOT spawning at start is driving me nuts. It isn't working again. I use any of the stock characters. For example Thug, set "Spawn at start" to "No" and it will still spawn. It spawns as a shiny character. When set to "Yes" it is not shiny. I am using r465.

BTW, when using r465 that changes SP1 to spine1 will cause a "limb not found" error. I changed it back to sp1. Note that I made sure it was lower case instead of "SP1."

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Are there any plans to add support for anisotropic filtering"

I've no plans to add this myself as the AF in WASP mod required a 3rd party dll. Maybe this is something for Bond1 at somepoint.

Quote: "what are the correct antialiasing flags in the setup.ini file? "

My understanding from Knxrb is that the AA that is part of GUIx9 has never worked, but I'm happy to be corrected. If I remember correctly Bond1 created an AA shader, but can't swear to that.

Quote: "Also, I just tried the weblink feature, but couldn't get it to work"

I've a fair idea why this isn't working as expected. I'll have a think about it later in the week.

Quote: "maxlevel=X, where X is the highest level the player has reached."

This isn't a bad idea, but I guess it would be more useful to be able to read/write values to a user ceated file instead. I'll add it to the ever growing list of requests.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 17:21
OK, I am using beta6. Map is found at download. I have three things that are set NOT to spawn. A character, a box and a briefcase. The character is thug, and the briefcase is from WWII (stock). The box is from M3.

This time the character does not spawn but the box and briefcase do. However, there is no collision for the box and briefcase. Can walk right through them.

As I said this spawning thing is driving me nuts.

Attachments

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "As I said this spawning thing is driving me nuts."

The attached .exe should solve this issue for you. Let me know if it has worked for you.

Attachments

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 19:54
Quote: "This isn't a bad idea, but I guess it would be more useful to be able to read/write values to a user ceated file instead. I'll add it to the ever growing list of requests.
"

Thanks The concept of AA and AF being difficult to achieve in fpsc has always confused me, when I requested it to Lee a year ago or so to add AA, he said it was as simple as adding a header to the fpsc code (which makes sense as you're effectively forcing the graphics card to use those settings). I also have one more request to add to the list which quite a few people would be interested in In most fps games now a single key can be pressed to use a knife or throw grenades, would it be possible to implement commands which would allow this to be possible? It would involve detecting a keypress, detecting if the requested weapon has ammo if using grenades, replacing the current gun with a specified gun, autofiring the gun once, then replacing that weapon with the original (with ammo being conserved in the process for both the original gun and the gun used).

washburnrover
Years of Service
User Offline
so, i honestly am not trying to steal from TGC here (lemme know if this is piracy or not, or if it even works) but on the v119.6 beta, it comes up as free version, even though i had the paid v118 (actually 119 unofficial beta) I just copy + pasted the "FPSCreator.exe" from my v118 folder to the v119.6 folder and it now comes up as the full version. IDK if this was intended so already-purchasers would stay up-to-date and not have to pay all over again, or if it's an accident, or if it won't even work with the new features (if at all).

Please inform me, for the safety of TGC, and/or my own money before buying the upgrade

"Life is like a box o' chocolates, neva' know what ya' gonna get."
- Forest Gump
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2012 04:22
The upgrade is free, you do not need to buy it. You need to put your serial into the userdetails.ini file found in the FPS Creator folder.

washburnrover
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Marc Steene, okay, that makes sense, thank you

- Forest Gump
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " In most fps games now a single key can be pressed to use a knife or throw grenades,"

I've added a new set of conditions, PLRWEAPONIDLE and PLRWEAPONNOTIDLE. Used in conjuction with GIVEPLRWEAPON/REMOVEPLRWEAPON and PLRACTION it should be possible to script the requested feature. This seems to be a more flexible approach than hard coding.
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2012 13:21
Sounds great When the next BETA gets released I'll work on a script and let you know how it goes.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2012 14:52
I added the release to RPG EdMod that added those conditions. If I have time, I'll write a script. It looks like it should work. Does "removeplrweapon" remove from slot or just from the player? I wouldn't want it to be removed from the slot when using these commands. Also, one could probably use scancodekeypressed, like after checking if a weapon is NOT currently being used one could check the key pressed; such as "K" for knife and then go from there.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Does "removeplrweapon" remove from slot or just from the player?"

Actually it removes it totally, you might want to use Hideplrweapon and showplrweapon after setting up the slot
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2012 15:05 Edited at: 8th Feb 2012 15:07
It removes it, but keeps the ammo information, and then when you give it back, it add the amount of ammo that the pickup was originally specified. The new commands should make it possible, it's just you have have to make a script for each weapon the character is holding, and will hold during the level

EDIT
Later today I will post a script I had made for beta 6 but didn't workdue to the commands . But the same concept will be applied to a script with the new commands

washburnrover
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2012 23:20 Edited at: 8th Feb 2012 23:22
@Uman in regards to dead enemies dissapearing, I've had the same problem, and I believe it's due to the Culling scripts, and even though live characters will stay active when culled and then appear again. it's possible that because the character's dead, it's still technically a dynamic entity, which waspmod won't cull, or will mess up almost everytime, the only exception is live characters, guns, etc.

EDIT:
wait, I think i just replied to a first page post... Whoopsie!

- Forest Gump
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2012 10:18 Edited at: 9th Feb 2012 11:24
Here's a quick build of r570

http://tzksoft.webs.com/fpscrevs/FPSC_r570_Quick.rar

-TZK

YoYo Games Account
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2012 10:34 Edited at: 9th Feb 2012 10:36
@TZK

That build doesn't fix limb scaling/hiding and at no point does it state in google code that it does. The scaling issues fixed are soley to do with floor finding and collisions.

While I understand you are only trying to help, it confuses people if you post builds with false claims.

I am working on the limb fixes but need to address a couple of other connected issue first.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 07:59:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 07:59:14