Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / My first UDK work and scene

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 03:20
ok so i tried UDK and unity and i think unity is a better tool. you guys should try it

http://technowarfareproductions.webs.com/
mkombat1010@gmail.com
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 03:47
Quote: "ok so i tried UDK and unity and i think unity is a better tool. you guys should try it"

Believe me Kingofmk you're wrong. I also tried both of them and UDK is way more better and stronger than Unity. But it's up to you

-In trouble you know a hero;
-If you don't start, you won't finish;
-Without suffering, there is no learning.
NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 04:38
I've tried both before too. Udk is much stronger.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - no affiliate links thanks
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 06:25
well dont get me wrong both engines are GREAT and different for what people want i just like Unity better because i can do more things in it but use whatever you like

http://technowarfareproductions.webs.com/
mkombat1010@gmail.com
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 17:20
Excuse me while I bring up this list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games

UDK has already done far more than Unity.
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 18:18 Edited at: 7th May 2012 18:18
Excuse me while I bring up this: ()

Vision is gonna be remade in UDK?

That's pretty awesome, I remember playing c0wbox's demo back in the days...
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 19:15
Haha - yep RedFlames! It's coming along pretty well, I've got a shedload of media (models, textures etc) done, along with the custom gametype, character, HUD, menu and intro so it's on to mapping the main game now

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 03:06
Quote: "Excuse me while I bring up this list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games

UDK has already done far more than Unity."

Yeah, great list you posted up Grunt ( can I call you Grunt? )
Some of the worlds most famous games are created in UDK. Don't get me wrong Kingofmk, Unity is also good, but UDK is better

Quote: "Vision is gonna be remade in UDK? "

I get up interested with this game, really nice concept and ideas.

Quote: "It's coming along pretty well, I've got a shedload of media (models, textures etc) done, along with the custom gametype, character, HUD, menu and intro so it's on to mapping the main game now "

That's great Blobby, can't wait for more pictures/videos.

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 18:44 Edited at: 8th May 2012 18:46
very nice work, beno.

but what interests me about udk is how complex it is to get scripted scenes and character behavior, well because still today that is the main part of constructing more than nice looking walkthroughs.

whats my interest is how hard to learn these things when you are a noncoder. will you tell anything about that here, Beno? as far as i remember you are also not a coder guy, so would be interesting from your point of view. especially to see the differences to fpsc wich is very easy to create scenes and behavior-scripts.

would be nice to get a peak into this.

gz

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 13:15
Quote: "very nice work, beno."

Thanks Maho

Quote: "but what interests me about udk is how complex it is to get scripted scenes and character behavior, well because still today that is the main part of constructing more than nice looking walkthroughs."

In UDK you can do a lot of stuff with Kismet and Matinee and these two tools are not complicated, they are very friendly and you can do great stuff in it. For more complex and better stuff you can also ( if you buyed licence ) change the whole UDK code.

Quote: "whats my interest is how hard to learn these things when you are a noncoder. will you tell anything about that here, Beno? as far as i remember you are also not a coder guy, so would be interesting from your point of view. especially to see the differences to fpsc wich is very easy to create scenes and behavior-scripts.

would be nice to get a peak into this.

gz"

No, i'm not a coder guy, i'm working in one studio as a level designer so i didn't need to do a lot of stuff in Kismet and Matinee. But for this month that i'm working in UDK i learned a lot of in Kismet, not yet Matinee. As i said UDK is really friendly game development kit and only with basics of Kismet you can do great stuff.
Have a nice day

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 17:42
oh, ok. i thought kismet and matinee where mainly for scene creation, materialsettings and lightning? would be new to me that you can do characterbehavior with them, but so i have no clue to udk beyond a basic shape. cool & thanks for info, have to check out in the future and would be pleased with updates by your side.

Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 19:45
Kismet is used for creating the game's interactions - everything that happens in the level.

Matinee creates cutscenes or other animated sequences.

For custom characters or really complex gameplay features you'll need to use scripting. To be honest though, it's not that difficult and there are LOADS of tutorials out there for it

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 20:15
Quote: "oh, ok. i thought kismet and matinee where mainly for scene creation, materialsettings and lightning? would be new to me that you can do characterbehavior with them, but so i have no clue to udk beyond a basic shape. cool & thanks for info, have to check out in the future and would be pleased with updates by your side."

Are you planning to start working in UDK ? You worked great in FPSC and helped me a lot so i'll be glad if i can help you at any way.
And of course that i'll put more of my scenes in future, i love to work in UDK.

And thanks Blobby for more explanation
Wow, this thread now have 5 pages, that's great i'm hopping that we can see more of great work here.

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 10:54
Quote: "Are you planning to start working in UDK ?"

i will finish habitat in fpsc, but maybe for sequel chapters or the next one... i dont know. but its interesting to see the start on your side so it will be nearly the same for me.

go on, i am curious of what you will do beyond tutorial-builds.

@blobby: thanks for info.

gz

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 12:42
I would like to play Habitat in FPSC first. I think also that Habitat has the great quality for UDK and you will be able to do great stuff in it.
I just signed the contract for one studio, my first contract So i'll now be more committed to team but i'll have a lot of my little scenes to work on and keep practicing.

Also after long time, here are some pictures from the scene that tied up contract for me. The main thing was working on BSP brushes

Lord Herakles the Great
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, Beno09. Nice looking level. I'm glad to see you're doing well for yourself.

As for myself, I'm currently learning to use 3ds Max. I'm currently using the student edition, so I can't actually use it for anything other than learning. But I'm saving up the money to buy it. Hopefully, I'll have something to show soon.

Formerly known as Housewares
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2012 00:07
Quote: "Hey, Beno09. Nice looking level. I'm glad to see you're doing well for yourself."

Hey, thanks.

Quote: "As for myself, I'm currently learning to use 3ds Max. I'm currently using the student edition, so I can't actually use it for anything other than learning. But I'm saving up the money to buy it. Hopefully, I'll have something to show soon."

Yeah, it's pretty important if you have your own source of models so you started in good way and i'm also hoping that you'll have some great models and scenes in future

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2012 01:28 Edited at: 12th May 2012 01:29
You have a certain thing for impressive scenery! I'm....well...impressed!

Concidering that you are just starting: I see a mighty fine portfolio building up within the next few years

Oh! Since this thread has been used by other developers to show of stuff aswell, I felt like jumping on the bandwagon:

though shall watch this in HD!

-Wolf

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep.
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2012 02:52
Quote: "You have a certain thing for impressive scenery! I'm....well...impressed! "

Oh Wolf, it's so great and to be honest it's honor for me when you say that you are impressed. I was follower of your work when I just came here and i'm still amazed with job that you're doing ( FPSC and UDK ).

Quote: "Concidering that you are just starting: I see a mighty fine portfolio building up within the next few years "

More then one month now in UDK and i'm really enjoying to work in it. And hopefully, I'll make the mighty portfolio building in future.

Quote: "Oh! Since this thread has been used by other developers to show of stuff aswell, I felt like jumping on the bandwagon:

though shall watch this in HD!"

I would like to see little scenes by you in future, really would like.
Wow, what a work in that video, i really enjoyed watching him with fine background music. Finnaly to see some Relict work through video and hopefully Relict will be back in future with great squad working on him, even better then before ( can it be better ? )
Thanks for posting this video and your great work here Wolf

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2012 23:15
Just wanted to update my video tutorials for UDK, again anyone from Balcan can watch it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFAPD8vflMc

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:06:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:06:46