Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Wizardofid's media and showcase thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 00:58
yip a rusty version should also help.However I am one of those person, if I am not happy, it has to go.Subtle differences thinner, less repeating and the inner part is 1 unit thicker.

Still needs some thing ? Not sure what yet but I will figure out what soon enough.

Just been chatting to my neighbours teenage daughter and it turns out she's big into UFOs and aliens.

Which is cool because tomorrow she's getting abducted.
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 12:55
Finally !!! Now I can move on

Just been chatting to my neighbours teenage daughter and it turns out she's big into UFOs and aliens.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 23:22 Edited at: 7th Jul 2012 23:23
These are nice, very Max Payne 1 and 2.
Is that 2 different versions, the pillars are different, Id include both designs in the pack, both work for me.

Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
I remember This thread

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=175489&b=24

I won Thats how I remember. But I Still have not got my prize. WOI lost his HDD but it seems he has it back now. However I still have no prize.

"I would rather make a bad model, instead of pirate a great one" MY DAD "Now let's Make some Models" me "If you don't make it don't post it"
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2012 12:25
If you have personal issues take it up in your own thread, or email me, you have my address.

I left this forum, because of immature, childish behavior like the above. I am under no written contract, obligation to comply with anything on this forum, from anyone other than its owners and mods/admins.

Secondly I will not sponsor anything, where members of this forum can't have a reasonable debate, without doing like the above person has. Which is why I have not contacted you?

Thirdly, that it is nearly two years back, you only come forward now, with a complaint, is this retaliation for replying no to you email request for models for your community project.

As much as it grieves me, I can’t digress how this in not the way to approach a dispute.

I consider this matter closed if you have a problem, email me a mod or alert the fashion police. I have no problem reporting any off topic remarks, childish behavior, or any acts that I deem directly provoking me into a heated forum fight over absolute nonsense to me , at least, if you still feel the need to alert the fashion police, you have proper channels to bemoan my noncompliance, to your rather urgent dispute you deemed necessary to wash publicly.
Is that clear ! !!!!!!!!!
You post has been reported, it’s deemed off topic , offensive and provoking the original poster of this thread. This applies to any other posts relating to this matter.

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2012 15:40
Don`t let others turn your blood pressure on that hard, man

Do you need some textures for your warehouse? I have some cool ones that would fit the picture

Come to where the madness is:http://www.homegrowngames.at
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2012 17:35
raided the cgtextures piggybank got plenty, but how can I say no to more, choice to laying down a warehouse would be awesome !!!!!

Will update during the week, started replacing all the roofs with proper corrugated metal sheet(no flat polygon box) actual roof sheet shape, and the are not that expensive to render either.

Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Wizard od Id, I did send you and e-mail about the prize after our last correspondance. I was told by a mod to remind you about the prize, I was told to post on the old thread but IT did not post as you said the thread is 2 years old. There is no retaliation, as far as childish, and Immature, A MAN keeps his word.

"I would rather make a bad model, instead of pirate a great one" MY DAD "Now let's Make some Models" me "If you don't make it don't post it"
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I say we just cool it down before this gets locked into oblivion for straying off-topic.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds good to me, after all it is what's best for the community.

On Topic: These models look GREAT.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2012 00:20
I love what you're making, wizard of id!

New sig in the process of being made
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2012 16:29
Quote: "@ Wizard od Id, I did send you and e-mail about the prize after our last correspondance. I was told by a mod to remind you about the prize, I was told to post on the old thread but IT did not post as you said the thread is 2 years old. There is no retaliation, as far as childish, and Immature, A MAN keeps his word.
"

Look bud, I did say end of story.Not going into a heated debate about the matter the end.Not directly referring to you, but none the less, this thread is not about that, which is a questionable behavior at best, as to you mentioned it here WTH?

Any ways first screening of the new corrugated roof in action, Still busy testing which roof type fits the best angled or straight edges.

Stay tuned for more updates this weekend

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2012 19:36
Ooh! Looking sharp! You don't really see many people try to make corrugated roofs around here and you are most definitely doing it right!

New sig in the process of being made
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2012 20:41
Thanks Bud ! Well it's dirt cheap, 380 polygons a mesh, but considering a large area might quickly add up.But because this is a single panel 100 x 350 panel, just in front of the wall or just a panel, you can do without the wall which saves some polygons again.

So some gains are made, in the name of making things pretty, Only issue is CSG windows, but quickly solved with a special segments

Again a different type of corrugated roofs and wall panels.Seriously, awesome effect, I kept the old walls intact on the sides so you can get some idea how flat versus corrugated looks.With the shader applied it, gives it a real metal feel.

Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
I Love the corragated steEl, a most excellent touch.

Saint Areon 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Couldn't quit put my finger on it, then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

http://www.digitalimagemagazine.com/blog/featured/book-review-3d-game-textures-by-luke-ahearn/

Nice spin off though with what you made here so far. I would personally work a little bit more on the wood grain details of the rafter so they don't all look the same.
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2012 11:10
Quote: "Couldn't quit put my finger on it, then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

http://www.digitalimagemagazine.com/blog/featured/book-review-3d-game-textures-by-luke-ahearn/

Nice spin off though with what you made here so far. I would personally work a little bit more on the wood grain details of the rafter so they don't all look the same. "
Lol can only assume you posted in the wrong thread. But then I checked out the book, looks like some thing I need to get Thanks !

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2012 15:16 Edited at: 14th Jul 2012 15:17
That room is missing a tank...or a UFO.

Great stuff.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2012 15:45
Thanks josh !

Busy sorting out windows.It is not a must for windows, but it can help with the atmosphere.So undecided, if I should keep it or not, will do a few more designs.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2012 19:44
Last update on the warehouses, any changes and additions will be a surprise.What I am basically doing is sprucing things up a bit.You might not notice it right away.Instead of keeping the wall a single piece, making it a two piece wall, it is the little touches that I am working on now.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2012 20:04
Is the framerate getting hit at all with all those extra polys? Looks sweet!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh wow, this is awesome! Keep up the good work!
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2012 20:40
Quote: "Is the framerate getting hit at all with all those extra polys? Looks sweet!"
Well I am sure it will start going down when you add more stuff, but you not going to paint the whole editor area with it, and levels should be relatively small due to the size of it.Warehouse 7 takes a 1/3 of the editor, for a building that is massive, in fpsc terms, but for the sake of further testing I should add another one of these warehouses.

I can make it flat walls and ceilings with a normal map, but meh I am getting tired of it.

A quick test revealed, a standard room 11 x 14 units wide and 4 units high, same size as the warehouse has 12 thousand odd polygons, whereby the warehouse had 155 thousand odd.Then again you have beams, windows, platforms ect. Careful planing is needed, this will not appeal to every one, having to make use of smaller levels.But I prefer doing so, it means levels are smaller, but a lot more detail is added, larger isn't always better. Splitting a level over 2 parts has more perks, it means I can remove which ever section not visible to the player and gain extra polygons to put to good use.

We will see what happens, I still have to decide what I am going to do with these meshes...hand them out or keep them for my self.

Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
They are nice, but "I still have to decide what I am going to do with these meshes...hand them out or keep them for my self."
What are you saying? I would like them. Who cares if it overloads the polies. Half a model is better than no model. I could just use the Warehouse and nothing else. Please release this pack.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2012 10:31
I decided to keep them, as they are currently indoor environments only, at the start I made a choice to do so.I am not going to make them outdoor and indoor environments, just for the sake of releasing them, it will add additional polygons as well as having to redesign some of them.

The point of the project was to learn structural depth, model proportions and complex segments.

Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
They sure did look good. I would have used them.

"I would rather make a bad model, instead of pirate a great one" MY DAD "I can proudly say I am the self proclaimed segment king,what have you done lately?" WOI
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2012 12:40 Edited at: 15th Jul 2012 12:40
How about some more rust and weathered down look?

"This thread has been locked for the following reason: Too much EPIC" - Thraxas
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 22:01 Edited at: 19th Jul 2012 09:34
Quote: "How about some more rust and weathered down look? "
Yip, as always clean, rust and derelict are on the cards and in the process.

Since I decided not to release the current warehouse segments I were working on, as they currently are indoor segments, I am still sticking with the indoor segment types. I hate FPSC outdoors, but considering there is nothing of the likes perhaps, I am releasing them.

However I will have to make it clear then that these segments can’t be used outdoors. I know it sounds completely stupid, indoor segments, how does that work?
Well to put in simple terms, there are literally no outside walls, so basically the inside walls will show on the outside as well, since it was modeled with indoors in mind, the reason for this the warehouses are high detailed that was the objective, creating a rich indoor environment, with no concern for the outside, which means I could pile on the detail to my heart’s content.

Since I have decided to release them when it’s done, I am continuing with the updates on release I will create a thread for it.

But the first complain I get from the way it looks from the outside even after having said in door segments, I am removing the media.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 14:26
Building type number 10 test.Some thing a little different for a change, does break up being constantly on a single level, a little odd.Will add corrugated sections for each level to break it up more and add the windows.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 17:35
Now to add, a crane system.Perfect !!

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 20:31
Quote: "Since I decided not to release the current warehouse segments I were working on"

Like all the one's you've previously pictured? If so I'm sad I love everything you've posted so far

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 23:15
Quote: "Like all the one's you've previously pictured? If so I'm sad I love everything you've posted so far"
Oh no they are still included, just not going to edit them.

Any ways added additional wall types, so that you can create rooms sections with in the warehouse.However I will have to play around with them to reduce poly count a bit, this one is taking a fairly large knock, still no slow down just concerned when you start and adding entities and stuff it will be come unplayable.

18 x 4 x 8 room size runs and about 240 thousand poly's which is far too high I can reduce to half I will be happy

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2012 01:36
This looks really good WoI, keep up the good work!

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2012 11:05
Due to stuff beyond my control, corners and straight sections need to be covered up to hide overlapping and such, Unfortunately there is no way round that if you want to make use of the corrugated mesh.

Now I just have to find a good matching texture, doesn't look bad, still better than blitting textures

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2012 13:52
Lol, Played around some more, wasn't happy, decided on a redesign of the walls.In order to reduce polycount, I change it to a single wall panel resting on a bottom section, will add the same pillar application still to cover up corners..

Also angled the wall between levels over all gives a much better effect.

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@wizard of id

These segments look really good! You always grace the boards with high quality media.
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2012 17:00
Shjoooo ! lol 140 thousand polygon reduction, and still looks good, apparently corners aren't a problem either

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2012 23:19
Some thing much different.A mine/tunnel warehouse type structure.Still very much a WIP..would have liked to make the walls a cave, but I have to consider poly count, So will be a concrete structure....

Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2012 06:37 Edited at: 19th Jul 2012 08:36
Redacted.

"I would rather make a bad model, instead of pirate a great one" MY DAD "I can proudly say I am the self proclaimed segment king,what have you done lately?" WOI
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2012 07:58 Edited at: 19th Jul 2012 07:59
@Zwarte Piet Yes, he is still going to release the media, but may I just say it's comments like that are highly inappropriate, disrespectful to one of the greatest content creators on the forums and completely unhelpful in the slightest. If the only thing you can do is dwell on some sort of apparent grudge you have with Wizard of id, could you please remove yourself from the discussion before a mod decides to remove you first.

@Wizard of id, I would like to apologize for him in this instance, and would once again like to point out what an amazing project you have once again undertaken. I, like so many other forum members, are eternally grateful. Thank you.

Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank You for clearing that up Wraith Staff. Last I heard he was not releasing this media.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2012 09:37
@Wraith Staff, thanks unfortunately I didn't see his post, Not that I care either.I am just ignoring him

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2012 18:58
Imported and done ! Much better light map quality is needed, 25 is hardly enough !!!

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 00:15
I could imagine trains running along that, I wonder how big it is?

Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 04:02 Edited at: 20th Jul 2012 04:37
@ wizard of id " I think I said and I may be paraphrasing abit, " If your not giving away this pack, ""Then why keep posting about it. Is it just an "Ego Pet For You" I'm confused."" Just so you know. I'm not one to hide behind e-mails. By the way I just did what a mod said to do on my original post on this thread. SORRY

EDIT- Oh by the way your Quote seems funny,

"Just been chatting to my neighbours teenage daughter and it turns out she's big into UFOs and aliens.

Which is cool because tomorrow she's getting abducted."

But maybe not to funny to people with missing children.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 10:58 Edited at: 20th Jul 2012 10:59
Apparently better suited to an indoor scene.Still looks a bit meh, going to redesign cross panels, so it doesn't look so flat.Yeah the train tracks idea is good, did have that in mind.Still a WIP.
hopefully by the end of the day, it should be done.Then I want to try a cave section like this.

@fallen one
800 units so 8 segments wide and 6 segments high and basically infinitely long or till you run out of editor grid space to use

@Zwarte Piet
Dude you're grasping at straws here bud, not once has anyone complained about the sig....ever.So you have a personal Vendetta against me, who cares, your seriously not going to achieve it, having a good laugh at your expense.

Quote: "If your not giving away this pack, ""Then why keep posting about it. Is it just an "Ego Pet For You "
Lol I said release never said any thing about giving it away. Even if I wasn't going to release this, this is after all a showcase thread. And if you actually read the first post in this thread you will have had a better understanding of why I am actually doing this.
I shouldn't have to explain what showcase means.

Ego?
I am pretty decent with segments and I am improving daily and sharing that progress and in return get feedback for that and if you didn't know that already.It is the most important aspect and golden rule of game development and/or modeling, peer review.

and as your sig says
Quote: ""I can proudly say I am the self proclaimed segment king,what have you done lately?" WOI"
and I stand by that email statement.If you are on a fault finding mission please continue, but your wasting your own time doing so.Which stills warrants the question what have you done lately ?.

Oh BTW, this was my final response to you, I am really just going to ignore you.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 14:03 Edited at: 20th Jul 2012 14:04
Zwarte Piet, if you have a personal grievance against Wizard of Id then please do it by email. Just to remind you of the AUP:

Quote: "
3.11 We do not tolerate posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member, group of members, religion, our company, our staff or any of our moderators, past or present.

3.12 We do not tolerate 'trolling', the process of posting inflamatory messages for the sake of starting an argument, or being plain obnoxious."

If you have genuine criticism (good or bad) about the models in this thread then that's fine but if it's about something WoI has (or hasn't done) in the past then please email him directly. It would be a shame if things got into a heated argument and post mods were handed out.

I reject your reality and substitute my own...
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 15:14
Personally I think these models are very average and I seriously doubt they will be suitable in FPSC for performance or stability.

These would be far better in something like Unity or UDK which support more polygons! I'll try importing them when they become available and post some screenshots.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 16:12
Quote: "Personally I think these models are very average and I seriously doubt they will be suitable in FPSC for performance or stability.

These would be far better in something like Unity or UDK which support more polygons! I'll try importing them when they become available and post some screenshots."

Actually my license agreements states FPSC only.

Thanks for your opinion, however, FPSC runs just fine with these models, there is an actual video a few pages back, showcasing warehouse 7 I think, which runs smooth.

The redesigned warehouse 9 contains 104 thousand polygons and that still runs smoothly at max frame rate.However, this is huge area being covered.

Don't know what to make of your very average comment, kindly show me average and above average segments for FPSC without using a single entity That way I know where I went wrong and can work on that then.

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 16:37
Quote: "Actually my license agreements states FPSC only."

Why would you restrict their use to FPSC only?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 02:35:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 02:35:44