Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / a interesting open source android driven game console...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 07:00
Hello everyone! I was snooping around on the internet for different game softwares and came across a open source game console called the ouya. The ouya is open source for both hardware and software, it runs on a slightly modified android 4.0 os and so far shows a ton of support with over 2.5 million dollars of fund raising to get it started. The way the market works is you have a free game developed with in game purchases or upgrades and I think advertisements (thats how you make the money).

I have already seen that there are around 300 games for it, including some bigger games that come from bio shock, fallout series, various popular sports games, flat-out, sonic, L.A. Noire, etc. I was thinking that since this game console is so flexible (even comes with a software warranty), that tgc might be interested in figuring out a way to integrate this console into agk. Since it is done in android I figured it would be easy to port over to this device. Here is a wiki link to the device:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouya

I do know that the console comes with 1GB Ram, HDMI (1080p), wifi, bluetooth, ethernet, quad core ARM cortex-A9 CPU, 8GB of internal flash memory, and NIVIDIA tegra 3 graphics chip in it. I think that covers the specs. Post on what you think about this device!

sov the game creator!
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 11:03
tgc are one of the backers thru kickstarter

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2012 19:55
lol, I guess I should be on the forums more often, but the thing is could you port agk to this device? If so would tgc be interested integrating this device with agk? I realize it is android so could you even just build a .apk and launch it on the ouya? Thanks in advance

sov the game creator!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 23:54:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 23:54:40