Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / App Game Kit 108 Beta 12

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
@Feo, if you go to My Account, then click My Products - http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=my_products you'll see download links for all digital products you purchased.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2013 14:42
Hi, I have got the ios template working but as soon as I add my own source files to the project I get a lot of these errors:

stray'*' in program
stray'@' in program

After a little googling it seems it may be an objC/c++ compile issue, all the errors are not in my source files but files such as 'NSObjCRuntime.h'

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2013 17:06
In your Xcode project, click on the target in the project explorer in the left column. Then click on the target in the middle column and the 'Build Settings' tab. Scroll down to 'Apple LLVM compiler 4.2 - Language' and set 'Compile Sources As' to 'Objective-C++'.

That will make it consider everything Objective Cish and your compile problem (at least the one you show) should go away. I had the same issue in the beginning (with v1076).

To save yourself trouble, make the change to the basic template. That way it will always be done when you copy the directory for your own project.

The AGK Wiki Templates page has information about renaming your project and fixing directories and such that might be useful. Assuming you are using v10812, you don't need to download the templates. But the page has information relevant to using the different platform templates.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
I can now confirm, at least in my project, that if the host and client have differing FPS the client eventually freezes. The more the FPS differs the faster the client locks up. I feel this is likely due to some form of packet management in AppGameKit, but if that is not the case, there is still undoubtedly a problem somewhere in AppGameKit, as nothing, other than an infinite loop (which does not occur here) should case the entire program to entirely freeze. Also, if I try to interact with these frozen clients, after a moment or two a Microsoft runtime error is thrown with a broken GUI. There is no text displayed on any portion of the report (not even the buttons )

swis
Interstellar
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2013 12:08
Hi guys. I think I may have found a bug, or at the very least an inconsistency, in the GetSpriteHitTest command when used with fixed sprites and a view offset. I was getting very confused working on my current project and so I ran the following test; the results of which I've added in a comment block at the bottom. The test goes through the various permutations of text and sprite hits tests, using screen and world coordinates, with fixed and not-fixed sprites, with and without a view offset. The test was run in Tier 1 beta 12.

As you can see from my results, the anomaly is that fixed sprites seem to require world coordinates for the hit test to work, whilst fixed text requires screen coordinates. I'm not sure if this is a bug or just an inconsistency but either way, it sure as hell confused me . I don't remember coming across this issue before, but then I don't often do text hit tests. As I recall, I noticed this change when I upgraded my project from v106 to v10811, but that's quite a wide spectrum in which it could have occurred. In some ways, I prefer fixed sprites using world coords, as it allows me to convert the pointer coords once and use them both for in game objects (not fixed) and the HUD (fixed), but either way, I think it would be better if text and sprites were consistent. Can anyone else check my results though, just to make sure I've not messed something up? All that commenting lines in and out did leave some margin for error I guess. Thanks.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2013 17:08
Thanks Ancient Lady, worked like a charm

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2013 18:32
@Matty H, glad to help.

@Lucas Tiridath, I don't suppose that you have v1076 installed in a separate directory so that you can see if you get the same results?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2013 20:37 Edited at: 8th Jun 2013 20:50
Quote: "I don't suppose that you have v1076 installed in a separate directory so that you can see if you get the same results?"

I'm afraid I don't have v107 and I never upgraded to that series. However I do still have 106 which I've tested and the issue appears to go away. Here are the results from 106 in full.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2013 21:14
Okay, so you have v106 and v10812.

I'll see if I can find time in the next couple of days to test your code in the different versions to see what I get. It may be something that was introduced in the v108+ or maybe v1076.

If I can confirm the issue, it should be posted in the google issue list.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2013 16:39
Quote: "the anomaly is that fixed sprites seem to require world coordinates for the hit test to work, whilst fixed text requires screen coordinates"

Fixed, both will now require world coordinates.
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Fixed, both will now require world coordinates. "

hmmm I had it in my mind they would both use screen coordinates

swis
Interstellar
Scary Little Rabbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2013 13:46
on 108.12 my projects compiles 5x faster. thanks a lot.

error #1:
"too many stars, too many stares. disembody."
WIP: MIND!! | free fonts for your AGKs
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2013 17:22
Scary Little Rabbit, they just posted v10813.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2013 17:37
If you go to the products section on your TGC account, you will see the update there

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 01:48:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 01:48:37