Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Automate 2.0 (AGK TIER 1 INSTANT DEPLOY to APK)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2014 22:31
I don't think V2 works on any other platform than windows ATM

Say ONE stupid thing and it ends up as a forum signature forever. - Neuro Fuzzy
Pumpkin Software
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2014 11:44
Hi eb,

As I said earlier, I can't get it to run on 2 different machines running XP with .net4, I have since had it running on a Win7, and Vista machine, but I would like to get my XP machines working with it.
Thanks
SecretGhost
Years of Service
User Offline
I can´t run it on XP (VM on a Win7) too.

Always get "not a valid Win32 application"
But it works on my 64bit Win 7 machine.

I dont want to Install Java on my Win 7 so i hope it will run on a Win XP VM.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 3rd Mar 2014 23:20
Sorry about not reading your post properly
Most likely there are issues getting VS2012 to run with XP, I'll look into a VS2010 build for you

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2014 06:10
Sorry about the double post, but
*Feature Requests*
Dump your feature requests/bugs in this thread and I'll eventually get around to adding them all.

Pumpkin Software
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2014 09:52
Thanks eb, all your time and effort is much appreciated
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2014 14:25
An option for setting for the frame buffer size if possible. Otherwise an option to use a fixed 1280x720 framebuffer. This is for those of us who want to release for OUYA since 1920x1080 is too much for most AppGameKit games. I have not managed to get this to work in Eclipse yet, but SMD_3D have.

Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2014 20:35
@ easter bunny

I too would really appreciate the ability to pre-set the frame-buffer size, to enable games to run smoothly on OUYA.

Thank you.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2014 00:54
Ok, it's not possible to have APKBuilder.exe change the frame buffer whenever you want because the framebuffer stuff has to be compiled with Cygwin, but I can probably do make myself another prebuilt player with the reduced framebuffer.

Pumpkin Software,
Wow I feel to stupid, but I just released that I don't even have VB2010 installed, only VC++2010. Do you have VB2010? If so, PM me and I might be able to send you the source code the APKBuilder so you can do a custom build yourself.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2014 13:34
Quote: "Ok, it's not possible to have APKBuilder.exe change the frame buffer whenever you want because the framebuffer stuff has to be compiled with Cygwin, but I can probably do make myself another prebuilt player with the reduced framebuffer."

That doesn't surprise me. So the 720p buffer is the next best thing

But you probably need to read through most of this thread to set it up. And I wasn't able to do it myself. It is a tall request, but you will earn my sincere appreciation if you can pull it off

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=209719&b=41

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2014 17:34
Read the new AppGameKit dev blog! Altering the resolution on Android devices (including OUYA) with a Tier 1 command is coming!

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2014 22:40
Yay! Makes my job easier

Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2014 18:32 Edited at: 9th Mar 2014 18:34
Hi

I have tried your tool, but I have the failed error.

I have installed JDK, set the variable path :

I d'ont know if i have to keep %JAVA_HOME% in this path, I have tried with and without, same error.

I have tried to put the folder in C:\Android\android-sdk, same error (fixed I think in the new version).

When I run cmd and search for java -version all is ok, I see the java version.

My Pc :
Win8
Jdk 1.7
I have .net 3 and 4 installed as I see here : http://msdn.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/hh925568%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

I don't know what to do to use apkbuilder. Can you help me, please ?

http://www.dracaena-studio.com
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2014 22:37
Ok, can you please do the following steps:
1. Does the folder DATA\tmp exist?
if so, 2. double click cmd.cmd (this will open a command prompt in that folder)
3. Type "compile debug" WITH the quotes
4. Right click->select all, Right click again (has now copied the contents of the cmd to the clipboard)
5. Paste the output here so I can take a look at it

Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2014 20:32 Edited at: 11th Mar 2014 20:33
Hi Easter Bunny

Thank you for your answer .

With the compile debug, I have found the error :

I have use "version : 0.1". I have changed to "version : 1" and now it works !!

Thank you a lot

I have made an apk of my game (it works fine on my phone ), and I have a bug : when I use an AGKSplash, the icone of the game become the same as the AGKSplash (agksplash.png), and not the normal icon (icon.png).

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2014 01:26 Edited at: 7th May 2014 09:39
Ok, I'll look into it

Edit, this has been fixed in the latest version

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
luschie
Years of Service
User Offline
The web compiler now supports V2. Is it possible to update the one click deploy aswell?
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2014 22:33
Possible, yes, but not by me. I don't have AppGameKit V2. If you've got a copy, can you PM me and I'll walk you through modifying the player?

btw you'll need to have it compiling properly with Eclipse though.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2014 02:05
Well, I've got some bad news :/ I'm getting less and less time these days to do projects like this one, so I've decided to stop working on it.
If someone wants to take this project over, send me a message and we can get it sorted out.

If I don't hear from someone wanting to take over by Saturday, then I'll just post the source code up here and leave it at that.

Sorry about this guys

Caps On!
Years of Service
User Offline
Noooo... don't go... is it because of all those easter baskets you have to deliver?

Truth, Justice, and the Programmer's Way!
CyberGamer
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2014 08:55 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2014 08:58
Thanks for all your work easter bunny although I cannot get the compiler to work for me.
I will stop using AppGameKit until there is an intergrated compiler (non WEB)

Amd Quad Core FX-4100 3.6MHz,GTX550Ti 1GB GDDR5,8GB DDR3
Windows 8.1 Pro
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2014 09:37
It's sad that you have to drop the project. Hopefully someone will pick up the torch.

Mig
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh no,

i´m sad to hear this. You used MS Visual Studio to develop it right?
I could take over the project to keep it alive.

Greetings

404 - signature not found
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2014 23:36
Hi Mig,

Yep, it's coded in VB.net 2012, but you'll also need to have the AppGameKit Player compiling properly in Eclipse. This is needed when modifying the Player. Also, are you can AGKv2 backer? It would be preferable if you are although if not, then no worries.

SecretGhost has also offered to take over the project. I've asked him to post here and discuss with you who takes over.

Quote: "Noooo... don't go... is it because of all those easter baskets you have to deliver?"

Unfortunately yes, coming up to easter it's been pretty hectic! Fortunately these days we have the tech to put timed cloaking devices on the eggs, so we (Easter Incorporated LLC) can hide them in advance instead of having to rush the night before!

Quote: "Thanks for all your work easter bunny although I cannot get the compiler to work for me."

Do you know why it's not working? Perhaps I can help you.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 06:38
EB - this tool is fantastic!

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I built a debug version of my game - which has some FaceBook commands in - the game reported that the FaceBook commands were not available in the Lite version of the player.

Does that mean to test my FB commands I need to build the final version?

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 07:22 Edited at: 25th Mar 2014 07:24
ohhh....

I don't really know I haven't tested FB commands with it, but it appears as if Paul got them working

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 09:30
I don't think the lite version has the Facebook stuff.

Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 14:25 Edited at: 26th Mar 2014 10:39
Hi

I have try to import a game (aligned version with keystore and alias keystore) on google play, but I have the message : "you have imported an unsigned apk, you must import a signed apk".

I have used the keystore (generated by the online TGC tool).

With the online TGC tool, all is ok and google import the file without matter, but with automate, google doesn't want the aligned version (and doesn't want the unaligned version too of course)...

So how can I import a file on the googleplay with automate ?

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 23:35
There are still a few bugs with the Signing part of Automayte.
Follow this guide to resign the APK.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2014 07:03 Edited at: 29th Mar 2014 07:03
I haven't heard anything more from either Mig or SecretGhost about taking over the project. Are either of you still interested?

If not, I'll put up the source code... Sometime

SecretGhost
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry, i was away for a few days.
now i am back

if you want to open the code to the board or can explain what files from the sdk to modify,
i want to write a VB 6 version, so programmers with Windows XP without the Net Framework can use ist. ( like me )

Your tool wont work under my Windows 7 and wont work under my VM Windows XP.
I didnt have the VB version you use, so i cant continue your work,
but i can try to do a new version Based on VB 6.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 10:45
Ok, maybe you can do an XP port and Mig can take over the .net builds.

Anyway, I'll try to upload the source code tomorrow so you can both take a look at it.

SecretGhost
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you !
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2014 10:29
It would probably be good for one or two people to control the project, but for all who are interested to take a look at the code, if you would be happy to do this. It would help people to understand what is involved, and get more ideas on how to perfect it thrown into the pot of ideas.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2014 11:27
Here is the latest version + source code!

Download :: 59.31 Mbs

Hope you can understand my spaghetti code

For some reason the size has hugely bloated! No idea why, I added like, 1 mb of extra files, but the size doubled!
I've attached it as a .7z for this reason

Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2014 11:01 Edited at: 13th Apr 2014 11:02
Hi

Thank you.

Do you think this code could be translated/converted to another langage (purebasic for example) ?

Grook
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2014 23:40
I've been monkey-ing around for a little while and just thought I'd pop back to see how AppGameKit is going. Not much change sadly, but stumbled across this. Easter bunny - I love you. Automate is absolutely superb, lots of things you could improve on it but it actually works - installed it, ran it, built some of my projects and wow, I get android apks that install on my tablet. Massive thanks pal, you may have swayed me back to AppGameKit with this tool. TGC, reward this rabbit - they deserve it.

"It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
mdgunn
Years of Service
User Offline
This is good work but there is currently a problem with the EXE.

I found it would not produce a zip aligned file correctly (required for Google submission).
This is because the zipalign runs before the signing has completed.
The signing prompt waits for you to enter your password but the code has already continued on and aligned the UNSIGNED zip.
In the source version provided the comments correctly indicated the section might not work.
A second dialog could be entered asking user to wait till signing compelte before hitting OK.
Also, I think the zipalign will fail on a second run because it doesn't delete the previous file as ot doesn't use -f flag.

Not sure I want to put out an altered exe for an app I haven't yet used much but this problem can be worked around anyway as follows:-

1. Move into the 'APKs' directory.
2. Delete the xxx.Aligned.apk file
3. Still in the 'APKs' directory manually run an align from a command prompt with something like this.

4. Upload the new YOUR_PACKAGE_NAME.Aligned.apk file to google as the final dialog indicates.
micky4fun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2014 06:35 Edited at: 29th Apr 2014 06:36
Hi mdgunn

"Not sure I want to put out an altered exe for an app I haven't yet used much but this problem can be worked around anyway as follows"

think some people might find it handy if you did , me included that don't follow the fix

mick
mdgunn
Years of Service
User Offline
OK I've attached a new APKBuilder.exe to this post.

It is also currently here
https://db.tt/1BEVu6Ub
just in case it doesn't attach to this post yet (my posts are still delayed by moderation).

Only change is a new dialog box at the end to stop the zipalign running before you've completed the signing bit.

You can see if it gives you a good aligned apk with a command something like this (or upload it to Google).

I think it is normal to see some warning messages about certificate chains etc. Google accepted my APK with no further work.

Someone may wish to test this new exe to confirm it works for them. The real test is to be sure Google do accept the file you upload.

Regards,

Michael

Attachments

Login to view attachments
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2014 02:51
I've added a link to your exe in the first post. Would you mind sending me your updated source code via PM and I can update the official package?

Audacia Games - Facebook - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
mdgunn
Years of Service
User Offline
Sent you the PM.

Cheers,

Michael
jlahtinen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2014 13:40
FAILED no more information is available

Any idea why this wont work?

My AppGameKit project: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=206794&b=48
mdgunn
Years of Service
User Offline
From my experience there are 2 mains things might not be set up

1) You must have the JDK version of java. The SE version lacks some tools that the code will try to use.

2) Make sure the JAVA_HOME is set in your path. I don't think anything will have set this unless YOU have set this manually yourself.

Go to the command prompt and enter this:

Look at the text returned and make sure you see jdk1.7.0_55 or something similar in the big long text. Must be JDK.

2. Again at the command prompt type

Again make sure this mentions the jdk path.
Mine says JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_55

I think I had to set this manually. If you don't know how to do this google 'Set java_home windows' and you should find something.

If you're still getting a problem you could try deleting the <XXX>.Aligned.apk file in the APKs directory as I think my exe didn't force an overwrite if the old one was in there (though I'm not 100% sure it was needed).

If you are struggling post the results of 'SET PATH' and 'SET JAVA_HOME' back in this thread.

I thought of something else that caught me out. Make sure the alias for your keystore is correct. I think I had created mine on the GC website wtih a default of 'mykeystore' (https://developer.thegamecreators.com/android/create_keyhash.php) but I think the APK Builder was defaulting to 'My Keystore'.

I would also say that if you're struggling a bit the web version seems to work fine and there is less to trip up over using that if you need to get started quickly:

http://developer.thegamecreators.com/android/create_apk.php

Cheers,

Michael
micky4fun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2014 21:22
Hi All

Yes Michael , worked fine here , but yet to send any APK to google , my first game is still WIP

thanks for your upload

mick
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2014 02:43
Quote: "FAILED no more information is available"

Well, like it said, no more information is available
Basically that message means that it failed to copy the APK from \DATA\tmp\bin\NativeActivity-debug.apk to \APKs\[packagename].apk
This could be for a number of reasons including:
1. Clicking "Click Ok after to console has closed" before the console has closed
2. Java isn't installed/setup properly
3. Maybe some other reasons

To fix it (if it isn't the 1st one), try this:
Run APKbuilder.exe
Put in the details
Hit build
DON'T hit ok at the next dialog
Go to \DATA\tmp
run cmd.cmd
type "compile debug" (WITH the quotes)
Right Click -> Select all
Right click again (will copy output to clipboard)
Come back here and paste the output

Then I'll be able to take a look at it and figure out what the problem might be

btw, are you having the errors doing a debug or a release build?

Audacia Games - Facebook - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2014 02:59
My newest game, Hardest Math Ever, was compiled with Automayte.
If you use mdgunns patch, Automayte will create an APK completely suitable for upload to Google Play!

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
TDavid
Years of Service
User Offline
I got it working. Thanks a lot for this wonderful program.

I know I'm pushing my luck a bit far but... Is there a way to have this work with the lite template (without facebook and google cloud messenging) ?
micky4fun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2014 18:03
Hi all

I am having a bit of trouble getting my game on google play its saying its not signed
can anyone help me please ,

I have run the new version by mdgunn , I have chosen the package name as clowns.asdf in first box
then version code as 1
version name as 1.01
then landscape
then release APK
I have left keystone alias as it is My keystore , do I need to change this if so what to ?
then app name as clowning around
then media folder is correct
icon is ok
no splash
then the base 64 key is the very long key google play as given me
I then build it
its builds it then one dialog box says apk build preparing to sign , I click ok
it then says enter your signing password , ?
the end aligned file is not accepted by google play ?

any ideas very welcome
thanks
mick
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2014 19:53
You MUST have a Keystore for a release version.

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 17:52:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 17:52:14