Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2.0.12

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 10:25
Hi,

Paul will be back on Wednesday, he'll be reviewing issues like this as a priority so we can get you a quick fix on this new big version.

Rick

Development Director
TGC Team
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
Like a few here, and just to add to the list, the stop Broadcast button also doesn't work. This seems to happen on a random basis I'm afraid.

noname34
Years of Service
User Offline
So check the documentation AGK2 was very happy with the choice, but as I need more resources contained in the documentation I have faced difficulties.

Are there any plans of capture functions and choose work?

GetCapturedImage / IsCapturingImage / ShowImageCaptureScreen

GetChoosenImage / IsChoosingImage / ShowChooseImageScreen

In version 2.0.10 the Log function worked. From version 2.0.11 does not work anymore.

I'm using AppGameKit 2.0.12 (64 bits) with Tier1 and Tier2 on Linux. It did not work in any of the modes. Tested in Basic, C ++, template_android, template_linux.

I am concerned because the app is based on capturing images for analysis.

I wonder if the above condition occurs only with me or anyone else is experiencing this?

If anyone got a solution, is able to share the solution?

Thanks You.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2015 19:36
I can also confirm both the black screen issue on every device I've tested it on and the broadcast end failure but it does seem to happen very sporadically!
Space Dream Studios
Competition Prize Winner 2014
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2015 19:47 Edited at: 8th Apr 2015 19:58
Same problems here with choose/capture image commands. From my understanding, it's caused by the "return from background" freezing/blackscreen bug we discovered already. For image capturing or choosing, the app has to go to background sleep and after image action it has to come back to front and at this point the known bug freezes the app. Paul, would be good to have a new update soon, please! Until then I have to stop my production... but customers waiting...

Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2015 21:04 Edited at: 8th Apr 2015 21:05
@Space Dream Studios Not sure what the time scale will be for a fix, but more info from Paul and Rick can be found here. http://steamcommunity.com/app/325180/discussions/0/611702631223986154/

Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2015 21:09 Edited at: 8th Apr 2015 21:10
@Polaraul: Thanks, looks not to bad. They say they want to bring the fix out that week Hope within the next 24 hours lol

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2015 17:01
From that Steam thread:
Quote: "
PaulTGC [developer] 8 Apr @ 12:33pm
Fixed for the next version
"

Does the Steam forum take priority now? Are these boards being killed off?

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
@CJB I must admit, I always think I stand more chance of getting a dev response on the Steam forums than here, so tend to post serious issues to both forums. I think that Steam (as a sales channel) is higher profile to TGC than these forums, so tends to get a response (not always though)

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2015 17:47
Quote: "Does the Steam forum take priority now? Are these boards being killed off? "

Certainly feels that way... Like Polaraul, I find myself browsing the Steam Forums just to stay in touch... Sad

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2015 17:52 Edited at: 9th Apr 2015 17:53
Hope this original forum here has at least the same priority to TGC like the steam forum... Don't have the time to cruise through thousands of different forums
TGC: any comments?

ekureuil
Years of Service
User Offline
I managed to narrow down the broadcasting problem to at least one issue with SetSpriteVisible:

If running the code without "set_t_visible_problem" the broadcasting CAN be stopped ....

But removing the comment before "set_t_visible_problem" will prevent broadcasting from being stopped.

Maybe this is not the only way to make the problem occur, but at least, the broadcasting problem appears when executing SetSpriteVisible on an "incorrectly" initialized sprite. This was working fine before the new update.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 02:22
Quote: "Installation of the iOS .ipa file is failing for me this version. The app appears to be installing but the app icon on the iPhone springboard remains grey."

Looks like I'll have to make the push notification entitlement optional, does it work if you add push notifications to the provisioning profile even if they aren't used?

Quote: "Installed it on the android device and launched the app without problems too. BUT as soon as I sent the app to the background and want to bring it back to the front again, after it, I'm getting a black screen."

Quote: "The Call Stack doesn't report that it is within a function if that function doesn't return a value."

Quote: "If you compile and run a game in full screen mode there is an offset between the screen and the world. If you run a game in windowed mode the offset disappears."

I tried a quick example by printing out the mouse coordinates but couldn't see what was wrong, do you have any example code?

Quote: "the stop Broadcast button also doesn't work. This seems to happen on a random basis I'm afraid."

Quote: "In version 2.0.10 the Log function worked. From version 2.0.11 does not work anymore."

The Log function was not intended to be used until version 2.0.12

Quote: "I'm using AppGameKit 2.0.12 (64 bits) with Tier1 and Tier2 on Linux. It did not work in any of the modes."

Unfortunately we have not yet implemented the choose image commands on Linux, it is a low priority at the moment

Quote: "Does the Steam forum take priority now? Are these boards being killed off?"

Personally I prefer these forums to the Steam ones. I read nearly everything that is posted in this board even if I don't reply, but you are more likely to get a reply if the thread is about a single topic, otherwise I have to create posts like this which I end up obsessing over to check I haven't missed anything!
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 02:51
Hehe. Obsess away Paul! We LOVE updates like this!

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
unlikely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 05:05
Thanks for the update Paul!

Using AppGameKit v2 T1 + T2
Systems: Primary: Mac OS X 10.10
Secondary: Windows 7
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 09:38 Edited at: 10th Apr 2015 09:40
@ Paul

Quote: "
Quote: "If you compile and run a game in full screen mode there is an offset between the screen and the world. If you run a game in windowed mode the offset disappears."

I tried a quick example by printing out the mouse coordinates but couldn't see what was wrong, do you have any example code?
"

Jambo B provided an example here.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=214115&b=41

Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 10:29
Quote: "Looks like I'll have to make the push notification entitlement optional, does it work if you add push notifications to the provisioning profile even if they aren't used?"

No, the springboard icon remains grey either way - with or without push notifications in the provisioning profile.

Twitter: @itanican
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PushdownGame
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 16:02
Hi Paul, maybe you can add this fix to the template for next release...

for who use Tier 2 with iOS this is the trick to avoid the white page after splash screen:
- Go to UntitledViewController.xib
- Change background to Clear Color

Enjoy!!

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 16:18
Ah Paul there is another problem, if you look at the memory when running an app, you will see it growing up very fast, and the app will send a "Received memory warning."...

Give a look to it please.

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 17:02 Edited at: 10th Apr 2015 17:40
@Paul: A seperate thread (Here) was created about this issue, but in case you missed it: [EDIT] - I see you have replied to that original post now

Quote: "Quote: "If you compile and run a game in full screen mode there is an offset between the screen and the world. If you run a game in windowed mode the offset disappears."

I tried a quick example by printing out the mouse coordinates but couldn't see what was wrong, do you have any example code?"

*Possibly the height of the title bar not being accounted for in full-screen mode (that has no title-bar)*

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 17:30
Paul sorry, is all ok for the memory, it's my fault.
All is ok for memory i confirm!!!

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 18:56
Quote: "Installation of the iOS .ipa file is failing for me this version."

Quote: "If you compile and run a game in full screen mode there is an offset between the screen and the world."

Quote: "with iOS this is the trick to avoid the white page after splash screen"

Thanks, I don't think I would have ever managed to find that! I shall add it to the interpreter

Quote: "if you look at the memory when running an app, you will see it growing up very fast, and the app will send a "Received memory warning.""

Quote: "Paul sorry, is all ok for the memory, it's my fault."

Don't scare me like that!
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 20:52
Ahauhahuahu sorry Paul!!!
I launched an NSThread to Poll the server and the release was leaking.
Now i'm using NSTimer to poll and without the pool is ok.

AlistairS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2015 10:23
In the following code, the variable card_suit isn't recognised as a string variable.

and the assignment statement gives a compilation error "Cannot assign String to Integer"

If the card_suit declaration is moved before that of suits, then the code compiles. If dim is used to declare suits, then the code compiles.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2015 22:12
^^ seems like a newline issue with the 'suits' declaration, adding ":" to the end of the line or adding a linebreak between them makes the code compile in both cases
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2015 11:19
... as does removing the global declaration from the function which I would always recommend anyway.

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 & 2
AlistairS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2015 11:41
@PartTimeCoder Thanks for that! Would never have figured that out myself!

@Scraggle The array is global only because AppGameKit won't let me declare a local array with initial values. I tend to declare global variables
within functions when I need a static variable type that is not actually to be used globally.
Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul: Any estimates regarding the next update date? Really need it as soon as possible... Thanks!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2015 15:34 Edited at: 15th Apr 2015 15:55
Paul: I'm getting a strange bug tweening colours. The colour values below give me purple sprites!?!? If I change the values slightly it all works fine:

EDIT: Further to this if I change the blue tween so that the values are different it works. Might be that tweening doesn't work unless the values are different I'll do a check and see if that fixes it.

EDIT 2: Ok so I have added a check for values that are close together and it seems ok. Would be nice if tweens checked for values within a logical tolerance (like 1 point in the 255 scale) and just ran a dummy tween. Anyway it's not a major deal now I have a workaround but I wouldn't expect a tween between red and yellow to produce purple... just saying.

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2015 18:23
Quote: "Might be that tweening doesn't work unless the values are different"

That's definitely the case!
I learned that with tweening a sprites X & Y positions. If one of them stays the same then it sin't updated at all.

For example:
If a sprite is at position 100, 100
and is tweened on X from 300 to 400 with Y from 400 to 400 (arbitrary values but as you see X is different and Y is the same) then the sprite jump to the start X co-ordinate and tweens along it correctly but stays at 100 on Y and doesn't move at all.

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 & 2
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2015 18:31
Thanks Scraggle! I'd better go and put some more checks in my particle system... that'll slow it down a little

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2015 19:25
Quote: "In the following code, the variable card_suit isn't recognised as a string variable. "

Quote: "Any estimates regarding the next update date? Really need it as soon as possible... Thanks!"

Aiming for this week

Quote: "I'm getting a strange bug tweening colours. The colour values below give me purple sprites!?!? If I change the values slightly it all works fine"

Quote: "I learned that with tweening a sprites X & Y positions. If one of them stays the same then it sin't updated at all."

Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanx Paul! Sounds great!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2015 02:06
Quote: "Fixed for the next version"

fantastic! cheers Paul

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2015 09:18
Hi Paul,

Whilst you are fixing tweening bugs is there any chance you could look at adding a couple of commands too?
There has been a lot of discussion across multiple threads about how the tweens and chains could be enhanced but for now if you could look at adding these two:
SetTweenSpriteXByOffset()
SetTweenSpriteYByOffset()

That would be great!
Their omission is almost a bug in itself

Thanks

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 & 2
Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
No, please no work on additional commands until the current urgent update is out! Thanks!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2015 15:02
Quote: "SetTweenSpriteXByOffset()
SetTweenSpriteYByOffset()"

Actually I just discovered that the current commands SetTweenSpriteX and SetTweenSpriteY use the offset. It's just not obvious or in context with the standard syntax.

Space Dream Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2015 18:22 Edited at: 16th Apr 2015 18:24
Paul: Found another thing...: If I broadcast the app to my iOS device and put the device into flightmode, after it, GetInternetState() still comes up with "1", without having any internet connection...
Would be great if you could check that.
Thanks!!!

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2015 17:59
Quote: "Aiming for this week"

Not much of this week left. Keeping my fingers crossed!

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
@CJB Looks like the wait will continue for another week, unless it releases this evening.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 22:34:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 22:34:54