Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / New AppGameKit Visual Editor launched today

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2017 14:39 Edited at: 12th Oct 2017 19:04
Thanks smallg !

EDIT:
Just a simple suggestion :
May be you can add something in Collision Type list to let the Physics to true, but collisions to false ?
I don't know if it can be usefull ?

EDIT:
In the Media/Create Animation, for me, if i push "Play", the animation speed is slower than the same animation at the screen with the same Speed value.
Don't let the world decrease your conatus
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
An updated beta version is available on Steam. Anyone who owns the Visual Editor will get the new files as an update. The files are available in a folder named _BETA and can be found in the install location e.g. E:\Steam\steamapps\common\App Game Kit 2\DLC\Visual Editor\_BETA.

The update is also available for anyone who purchased the editor directly on the main website. This is an additional download that can be found in your order history, listed as Visual Editor Beta 131017. It does not contain an installer. Extract the files and place in a convenient location.

Bear in mind there may be issues with this build as it's still undergoing testing. Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

For a list of changes please see the change log text file.
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
@Orvillian, Nice update!. Thank you for the new VisualEditor_SetEntityPosition function. I will test this in the morning or maybe next monday.
XANAX 2B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 19:46 Edited at: 13th Oct 2017 19:47
Thanks a lot for the v1.0.2.

I've found a little bug. When you right click on the media tab, in the white area at the bottom of the images, the program crash.
pugmartin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 21:42
Hiya,

Using the new Beta, seems to not want to change to polygon type from the editor - it appears to default to box again?
Circle works though.
pugmartin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 21:44
Hiya Orvillian,

Using the Beta, physics property polygon doesnt seem to work, seems to default to box when trying. Circle works though?
Tumira
Years of Service
User Offline
@Orvillian

I would like to request an option to disable dynamic resolution completely and just use the base resolution on all resolutions. Currently I need to delete all other resolutions (except base resolution) in the VisualEditor_globals. After that I need to make changes in functions VisualEditor_FindClosestResolution and force width and height to be the same as base resolution. In the main I just need to add the base resolution as the virtual resolutions. After that no more weird positioning and etc. Atleast for me..

For different resolutions I would usually just create a background that covers 4:3 and 16:9 ratio and focus my gaming logic or gameplay at the viewport.

Thanks
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the feedback. I will let you know when there's a new version to try.
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2017 08:55
This is sooooooo helpful!

It actually means I can focus on game logic and spend less time positioning sprites with code.

Brilliant.
Shadow Props Digital
cdoty
Years of Service
User Offline
What formats are supported for loading sprite sheets? Does it support loading from TexturePacker output file(s)?
What are the custom string properties, mentioned in the e-mail?

XANAX 2B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2017 21:15
Thanks a lot for this great update !
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2017 12:31
new bug - text on multiple lines created using the editor now only shows the last line of text
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a question...possible to use tilemap image and grouping sprite via editor?

Thanks
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2017 15:35 Edited at: 28th Oct 2017 16:45
Having a problem when trying to change the position of a sprite. Here is the Function I am using.

The position of the sprite changes with the X position the Y Position does not change. i have the latest version of visual editor installed

Note : When I run it in windows it does work. When i broadcast to phone is when the Y position will not change.
Further Note : I exported as apk file and installed in phone and it also will not update the Y position
Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
AGK Community Tester
Munchicken
Reviewed AGK on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2017 01:19
Quote: "JohnnyMeek, the current system uses a virtual resolution. It can easily be converted to a percentage mode in your project if required, although you would have to code this manually."

Orvillian, are there plans to make percentage mode an option? I have a few work-in-progress apps that I would like to use with the Visual Editor without re-writing a bunch of placement code.
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2017 15:46
Okay Thanks for the reply I'll have to make some changes
Ham and Eggs Breakfast
AGK Community Tester
Munchicken
Reviewed AGK on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2017 18:07
Quote: "Orvillian, are there plans to make percentage mode an option? I have a few work-in-progress apps that I would like to use with the Visual Editor without re-writing a bunch of placement code."

I finally had some time to set down and look at the Visual Editor libraries and see about making this work in percentage mode. So I thought I would share what I changed so it might help others:
How to use the new Visual Editor in Percentage Resolution mode:
In Visual Editor_globals.agc make the following changes to the VisualEditor_Setup function:
Comment out

If you do not have the percentage aspect already setup, go ahead and put it here using your desired width & height:

In VisualEditor_load.agc make the following changes to the VisualEditor_ParseEntityData function:
Add
using your desired width, to the end of the following line of code:

For example, it should now look like:

Add
using your desired height, to the end of the following line of code:

For example, it should now look like:

Add
using your desired width, to the end of the following line of code:

Change the following line of code:

To the following:

Notes:
Be sure aspect ratio is a float.
These instructions only address sprite size & position, but you may need to change the scale & offset assignments if you use those too.
You can use similar changes for other objects, such as for text, you would change the code to:

I wanted to use the globals "VisualEditor_Width" & "VisualEditor_Height" to make it more dynamic, but those are not defined properly at the point where we are changing the x, y values.
I'm sure there is a more elegant way to do this, but maybe this will help until TGC makes this an official option
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2017 23:06
@Munchicken
Thanks for all the work . I'm sure it will come in handy for a lot of people. I will try it out .

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
AGK Community Tester
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Some changes were made in the Visual Editor template project files, please copy these across to your projects. You can do this automatically by going to the Edit menu, selecting Preferences and ticking the check box to auto update Tier 1 (happens when you press play). Alternatively look in Visual Editor/Projects/Template and copy VisualEditor_globals.agc, VisualEditor_load.agc, VisualEditor_scenes.agc and VisualEditor_utilities.agc to your project.

Munchicken, nice work with the perecentage system. This is something that will be supported by the editor in a future version.

DennisW, to change the position of entities in your scene check out the function function VisualEditor_SetEntityPosition ( name as string, newX as float, newY as float ). You can pass in the name of your entity in the current scene, then the new position.
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2017 14:46
Thanks Orvillian I will give it a try.

Dennis
Ham and Eggs Breakfast
AGK Community Tester
mash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2017 09:36
Any news from the Linux port? Is it still in the pipeline?
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
A Linux version will be released at some point. It's not a priority at the moment.
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2017 09:01
Here's a (small) bug with edit boxes:

1. Create a new project
2. Create an edit box
3. In Properties -> Contents -> Text, change the text to something (anything)
4. Save project, close visual editor
5. Reopen visual editor, open the previously saved project
6. Select the previously created edit box, where you'll see the Properties (Contents -> Text) has been reset to "edit box".

Also, is there any chance of a new forum board for Visual Editor? That would be cool
nonom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2017 16:29
Quote: "Here's a (small) bug with edit boxes"

It works fine for me
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2017 19:07
the new loading speed on mobile is so much better! thanks for that

there's still a bug with the desired screen resolution on mobile (it's set to always use the device width and height).
also copying sprites is still not copying over the depth of the original sprite (it works correctly with text).

copy and paste for many sprites & text etc with a selection box technique would be great

life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
Bob Sherman
Years of Service
User Offline
More modern look?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2017 15:47
Quote: "More modern look?"

For basic? I think the code/editor look quite modern as it is.
Click here for VR Legend of Zelda stuff
Bob Sherman
Years of Service
User Offline
This is what I meant. Sorry.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2017 09:06
Still haven't explained what you would like to be more modern?If it's the contents of the editor then that's your job! lol
Click here for VR Legend of Zelda stuff
Bob Sherman
Years of Service
User Offline
Never mind, I just was talking about the icons and I redid them myself. The only thing that I really need is the psychics to have the physics mode (static, kin...)
SetSpritePhysicsOn

mode - The physics mode to use for this sprite, 1=static, 2=dynamic, 3=kinematic

Thank you

CyberGamer
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2017 07:07 Edited at: 13th Dec 2017 07:59
Hi,
I have tried several times this morning to buy this item but the PayPal link seems broken.
I can get as far as the Pay Pal logging in screen but it crashes when trying to log in.

Never mind used the alternative.
Amd Quad Core FX-4100 3.6MHz,GTX550Ti 1GB GDDR5,8GB DDR3
Windows 10
blurymind
Years of Service
User Offline
Where can we find out what the latest version of the visual editor is with a changelog?
Abdou1234
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone im new in AGK2 i ready buy the Visual editor from steam ,when i press the start button in the visual editor nothing happen i ready tryed deferent path location and still have the same probleme , im using AGK2 from MAC_OS.
can someone help plz

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 07:20:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 07:20:51