Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Testing Planet Defense

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2018 03:18 Edited at: 12th Sep 2018 03:19
Looking good. How do the controls feel? Try setting mipmapping off for the phone. It might not matter so much on a small screen
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 12th Sep 2018 03:41
I find the controls hard lol but not sure if that's just me so was hoping someone would Beta test on phone
Ive still got the older method with buttons commented out so its very easy to change pack
fubar
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2018 04:57
Very nice work on this game fubarpk. Really looks and sounds interesting. I think your trailer needs to be more exciting like keep each section shorter and don't pause so long on the Destroy enemy turrets text. More like a teaser trailer just enough to get a person curious and see the exciting stuff and no more.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 04:21
Quote: "I changed the controls as it was too hard to use gyro for both directions I found
so you now have buttons for forward and backward movements and gyro for left and right"

A Pre-release version is available here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=block.lifter

fubar
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 04:56
Is it a combination of tilt and buttons? is that right?
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 05:13
Sure is
fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 17:00
I've released a Pre-release version and after any feedback I can get from the lovely people here. Particularly interested in the way I have the controls. Arrow buttons= forward/backward Gyro=left/right. I'm lacking coordination with the phones gyro and this was the easiest I could make the controls I found so far and if I replace the gyro left/right movement with buttons its hard to see stuff. Any thoughts ?(Thanks in advance)

The Prerelease is available free here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=block.lifter
fubar
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 17:19 Edited at: 13th Sep 2018 17:33
It looks & sounds great but is very confusing to me. Maybe I am just very bad at playing it or understanding what is going on.

When game first starts or heli respawns after being shot down it moves to left or right and I have no control over it. After several second the accelerometer works and am able to turn by tilting my phone. I am shot down so fast can't even think of collecting blocks nor have I seen a block to collect. It might be they are indeed there but blend in so much I don't recognize what is a block and what is not. Having no control over firing I found frustrating. I tried to target the turrets and even though crosshair was over them heli never fired. Other times it seemed to fire almost randomly.

Like I said some of that may very well just be me not being good at it and not playing any mobile games other than the ones I test for you folks on these forums.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2018 17:44 Edited at: 14th Sep 2018 17:00
Thanks GarBenjamin All feedback appreciated and I don't play mobile games myself much either and I don't have allot
of coordination with the gyro.

When game first starts it automatically flys home to a helipad, your safe above a helipad. I should've explained that better
I now have the help file displaying the image below which should help some.
There are 3 other guns that auto fire and will target the nearest turret in range, two at the front and one at the back, the
cross hair targetting needs work im sure but slightly moving forward and it targets better it may be my range setting.
As a tip i find slow movements help and the pickup/drop off etc point of the heli is towards the front
Edited in version 1.0026 it now has a better pickup range.
fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2018 07:27
Blink has created a lovely animated general i'm just not sure what kind of things the general should say.
What do you folk think?
fubar
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 15th Sep 2018 07:33
Thats super cool

I cant think of any phrases, but then you could get someone or even yourself to speak / record those sentenaces too

Quite a lot of people like to be talked to instead of reading words - cause that would be a distraction to read the generals info's
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2018 07:45 Edited at: 15th Sep 2018 07:46
Quote: "Quite a lot of people like to be talked to instead of reading words - cause that would be a distraction to read the generals info's"

Yes I agree but I don't like hearing my voice I could, if I did that ide use a site like http://www.fromtexttospeech.com/ but that increases
the size of installation considerably depending on how much the general says. And it still may be nice to see the text and leaves me with some catchy
phrases to think up and what and were i need them. Keeping in mind i want to keep it family friendly. Definatley need one about getting blocks
but others should there be fuel warnings from the general and perhaps ones about destroying the enemy. This is what ive been thinking
fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2018 23:28 Edited at: 16th Sep 2018 19:17
Cant seem to get the text to speech to work on my android phone even with this simple code

not so sure if i need to add the command SetSpeechLanguage( lang )
but then it would require people to make furtrher downloads

Gameplay with added general chat
fubar
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2018 00:18
Looks good. Sounds like you might need a voice actor.
In any case, if you get the speech working and it's a bit robotic we could make the general a robot.
Thinking about it, the generated speech might not have enough emotion, it might be a bit bland
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2018 08:15
Strange cos I get the voice to work in google maps
but may need to set one and then possibly download it.
fubar

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 10:11:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 10:11:20