Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] Ronin, samurai turnbased rpg

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
101th post...

good luck with it..

Working on my new scripting system for OnlineRPGs
over 120 commands have included to my scripting system!
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2005 22:38
yeah yeah

102nd!

Well I've got the whole engine planned in my head, so luck isn't really needed, The battle engine base will have attack defense attributes that increase after each battle, by 1(but in the game that will depend on the enemy), instead of having a level up feature (what game had the same principle.....it was a snes game i think, I forgot it bugger!)
Your default attacks will be 70 and defense 30, so if a character with 70 attack strikes you, they'll deal 40 damage, you see how my engine works.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2005 07:15
I've got to work on modelling akai, I've modeller his helmet and added some quick textures so that it would look so boring, but the textures are not final.

While I'm at it I'll update you on the Battle engine,

So far I've set the attack and defense variables for both fighters, and for the character I have created the take away HP command which involve the variables rather than just pick a number to take away, I've got a basic attack menu done, which will be replaced with graphics, later, I have tried to code a character moving, but that needs to be worked on.

Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2005 07:26
Good luck with this project,
looking foward to it's completion!

I like the reflections on the above helmet (as well as the helmet itself), is that in your modelling program or DB?

Attention all squares, Katie Holmes does not endorse D&C.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2005 08:22
just the modelling program, thanks, good luck in 50 days,and nice pizza, you forgot to take me with you

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
nice picture, but u should remove the mirror effect on it, becouse u dont gonna use it in DBP project of yours right...?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2005 22:20
the mirror effect was just cos I was bored, it won't be in the final .x (obviously)

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2005 01:08
WEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! I've done Himika's head and she don't look like an alien thanks to the Joan of Arc tutorial

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2005 01:47
Nice one!

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.dbspot.com
DBAlex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2005 02:04
She doesnt look like an alien...

But she has Fish Lips

Save me from the evil fish lips... ahhhh.......

AMD 64 3000 + 512mb RAM + 80GB HD + Radeon 9600se 128mb
http://www.dbastudios.cjb.net
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2005 02:14
How many polys is that? looks good aside from the lips, but wont it slow the game down a bit?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2005 03:09
ok the lips suck first time I've tried to do proper lips, the one on the left the poly count is....
a mere 350, considering looking at other 3D models made for low poly I'd say thats good,
the one on the right is the same but in hyper nurbs sooooo its gives back the same polycount.......hang on, I'll try something........
Yes I got the poly count on the one on the right, good thing I'm using it in FMV's only....
16766 polygons.....ouch.

So if I sort out the lips she'll be fine, cool thanks (don't some people have fish lips though, theres this one guy is easily wound up if you call him fishlips, its funny, but his new nickname is Gargameld....don't ask )

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2005 06:30
I played around with deled lite and came up with a level that will be useful for the engine, and will be replaced for the final thing

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Oooh Nice. I can't figure out how to get the lightmapping to work in DeleD Lite.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2005 08:31 Edited at: 15th Jul 2005 08:32
ummmm......set up lights, make their range 999999 and their quradratic to 0 (I know the number looks small on there, but it should be 0)
Then
edit/generate lightmap/entire scene

and your scene should be lit up and well you play with it from there on, the HELP file comes in handy

oh and thanks for the comment

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. And your welcome. Now I want to see screens of battle!

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
heh.. keep working on the water

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2005 23:18
the water is a deled preset texture applied to a plane, I'm just using this a a level for the engine to work around.

@ Animeblood, I would have a base for the battle engine tomorrow(but I can't, and sunday is when I change from working on ronin to working on rush), but today I've been job hunting and I want to write a non NGC collision code for it, I saw a nice one somewhere thats had a lot of good comments, so I'll steal theirs and give em credit, its made by G-Man and some other dude who has a dragon for a sig.

Actually I might change how I do the project rotation like
Fortnight A Seppuku Projects
Fortnight B Other projects
so fornight B will begin sunday, better make add that to my announcement on SCT

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
I see. Anyways does your lightmap appeard in DBP? Because mine doesnt and I can't see an option for export light map.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2005 09:22
ahhh in DBO format it exports the lightmap with the images, and when you insert then into DBP the lightmaps are already loaded, with .x you have to find your lightmaps usually theres about 2/3 bitmaps, these can be found in your Deled textures folder and you should be able (although I aint tried) to apply the light maps in DBP by code
set object lightmap yadayadyadayada.

Oh and if you haven't noticed yet, if your shadows appear too dark, you can change the 'Shadow ambience' in the tab where your scene objects are stored. I normally put something like 55/65 , the one above is about 70/80

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 13:24
Right, I quit using NGC, so I'm gonna have to re-code the engine, so far I've tested gman/lost in thought's code for collision, and it works great with the dbo object, as you'll see in the screenie, the code snippet is on my forum for anyone who is interested, no media is included though. The code snippet will be in first person because it was only a test.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 15:51
Looking good. Not very feudal Japanish though.

Need a team? No noob bullshit, visit http://www.teamrequest.com
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 16:00
meh, its only the test level (well I may as well redo the test level in C4D/deled, the lightmaps are lil glitchy), can't use that in the final, not even me own textures well I shouldn't really show what I'm doing step by step, so I'll just say this rather than screenie it, i've made my test cube with a third person perspective view, I could add my head of himika into the test level too for fun

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 21:32
anyway, due to annoyances in DBP I had to re-model the test level, this is representing the battle field outside Hizen, but the NPC's are General Nachi and General No-name of the other Army, and well the talk engine will be Nachi, the battle engine will be no-name and well the big wall is the castle entrance.

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2005 06:59
This is beautiful stuff Seppuku.

I'm going to eat you!
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2005 15:47
cheers dude, I'm gonna have to give it up for a little while for Rush, which is a real shame, so I'll try to get back to it when I can

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 22:44
Is this project looking a lil buggered up so far, a few pages of crap, and well all I got is an engine using a dll I decided to ditch and replaced with gman's code meaning its engine is even smaller now....so
well, I think this thread is too cluttered so I'm gonna ask this.

If it is allowed, can a mod please lock/delete this thread and allow me to restart it with the relevant material, and a better explanation of the game

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 22:54 Edited at: 7th Aug 2005 22:55
Locked, since you asked nicely.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 12:04:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 12:04:48