Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / New Gurlie

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 02:40
Oh God, it's getting bad now. Bunni, evacuate now, they've allready asked to see you nude, it's only gonna get worse. Run, hurry!!!

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Newbi2basic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 03:31
Haha! i think you guys Scared her

Why get drunk when you get the same effect from drinking Irn-Bru?? (after about 2 bottles)
Ben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 12:47
Honestly, you lot, you're treating her like an object, i thought at least some of you would show some respect to womankind.

Nothing in life is worth doing if it's hard...

... Except programming
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 12:59
WOW

Hi ya, i need to get a pic of me up.

I lost weight, got a new hari-cut and have a 'trendy' beard now

Bunni: Nice to see some class more in these forums Now we got 2 good lookers

Well i hope your programming goes well, i have kinda done no DB far ages. Although i have been helping Rose a lot lately

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 13:30
is Bunni entering the competition?

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Xlimun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 19:55
[quote]Originally posted by BennyII:"Honestly, you lot, you're treating her like an object, i thought at least some of you would show some respect to womankind."
-

I have the utmost respect for 'womankind' especially those who are 'fit' and intelligent.

Although contrary to popular belief, i am human after all...

Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
--Albert Einstein
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 21:28
ur like like a puddle of water u r

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 01:01
Oh brother, this is getting anoying, I don't know why I even bother to read this thread anymore.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 02:18
yeah, u r getting anoying...just kiddin . lets not argue now..i dont have the time

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Xlimun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 02:19
You're going to judge me as 'shallow' just from reading a couple of my posts? Isn't that itself pretty shallow? (although i'm not one to make snap judgments of people)

-Thanks for P*****g me off!

Yeah, you have a nice day too!

--Albert Einstein
Bunni
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 19:42
Lmao Umm well what can I say?

Hehee thanks for the compliments guys but y'all are getting a lil weird - glad u tht I was attractive tho I was scared to come here and look incase any1 said anything too mean

I don't think all British Women are that bad! lol some of us are downright cute! Just kiddin

Umm to those who asked, yes I can program (To an extent) and I will be entering the retro competition. It will be my first game released tho so I don't expect it to win, but at least I'll prove that girls can at least program

Um as 4 the request to see me Naked, not till you post a pic of yourself naked here first

Yes, a GIRL who can really program! Not bad looking too hehee
Ben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 00:11
Hey sMs, you hear that? she said if you posted a naked pic of yourself up here, shed post a naked pic of herself, not that i like the look of naked men, but it might just be worth doin' JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!
haha Bunni, ive havent been here all that long myself, but i have learnt never to take chances with this weird lot they might just take you up on the offer. although i wouldnt mind if they did

... Except programming
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 01:20
I'ld be carefull Bunni, someone might try it, I wouldn't put it passed them. Lets just hope the Mods are on Red Alert.

Xlimun, did I ever address you directly?

I hate shallow people, (who ever said you're shallow?), to see someone so into such petty things bugs me to no end. I not saying don't have my vain moments, but I try to keep them to a min.

Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 12:29
Some one actually asked to see you naked. OMG, thats just... stupid. And rude but as to the quote "Um as 4 the request to see me Naked, not till you post a pic of yourself naked here first " umm, think'll Ill pass. Soz, But i'd post, a pic of myself (not naked) but doubt ppl are interested. oh well,
Love to all
K-Sponge

Current Project: Lode Runner Db (Working Name)
Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 12:33
actually i might any way. Providing this works, and I Apologize if any one finds this offensive

It was me on my last day of school. ohh, last June ish.
umm. Dont rip the p*ss guys

Love to all
K-Sponge

Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 12:47
BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 13:19
DONT WORK

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 15:59
Thank God

Xlimun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 16:16
Quote:originally posted by xxxpetratxxx:"ur like like a puddle of water u r"

-After I had posted.

Arrow, sorry to take away any attention you thought you were recieving but who was talking to you?

--Albert Einstein
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 19:22
lol

Bunnie, i would think about provoking some of these people, you may get what you jokingly ask for

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
Electron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 20:16
erm... ok, yet ANOTHER female trying to get attention, how sad that is

If you don't work for it, how do you expect to get it?
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 20:32
Shes not looking for attention dufus read her posts - shes a programmer and making a game 4 the compo. Not that I need to defend her but I guess the only reason Bunni mentioned what she looked like was cos she knew this type of post was inevitable and therefore tht she'd get it out in2 the open.

She is a personal friend of mine and I know for a fact her projects pretty darn good, you'd b surprised

Oh and btw Bunni - I would post Naked here to see if u r true 2 your word but we both know you've already seen that 9probably unpleasant) sight lmao

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
AGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 20:36
She's defently breaking the rules she has a busy social life

There's no game made for you except the one's made your self
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 21:33
lol

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2003 00:45
dont be offended by my posts, i just like being sarcastic . Although people seem to tell me to grow up...:-(. still, some ppl have no sense of humor...

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2003 08:29
I talk to those who listen. I expected to get some guff for laughing at all the guys who've never had contact with females. Oh well, this might net me some.

ur like like a puddle of water u r

Da hell does this mean?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2003 13:39
hey Bunni any change of seein' your stuff? (i mean computer games for the immature users) ... i mean if you don't wanna like post it in the forum just yet thats cool, i'd more prefer to see it over Yahoo! or MSN anyways

i'll bug your boy Sam later about them cause he probably has one or two shots

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2003 17:24
the expression i used in other words is 'your as shallow as a puddle of water'. Aint u ever heard that before?

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2003 19:26
I get that, but that's nothing like ur like like a puddle of water u r. Hell it's hardly readable.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2003 19:38
lol ¤

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2003 20:01

Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2003 20:02
Sh*t I look scary, sorry bout the gester guys (im dead suprized it worked coz i uploaded it to my geocities ftp cause my other ones down )

Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2003 20:03
Oh and thats me a yr ago, WAHOO i meber thinking, last day of skool. oh well, bak to my programmin

Love to All
K-Sponge

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2003 21:34
i can't see it... maybe it was banned for being TOO scarey and might be on rerelease in 20years time when everyone will look at it and think "hmm, why they hell was that considered scary"

<- just watched the Exorcist again, and fell asleep again ... next time i'll see it right through, i'm determined

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2003 01:38
"New Girlie" - 186 comments

"New Guy" - 2 comments.

Now, I am making a fairly generalised statement here, I haven't got conclusive evidence but and although I just might be over-reacting a little, I have a very faint suspicion that some of us are a little desperate

Nice pic Bunni - But please don't post a pic only to go "oh damn, my highlights look a shade too dark in that photo and my cuticles are showing too much on my fingernails ... hang on a moment..." - Most of us are too stupid to notice these things

Current Project: Retro Compo. Entry.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2003 02:19
lmao... read up the posts most of the major posts are between me and arrow here about animé (until the kiddies started to bitch that we were talkin about it too much)

happened with Rose's too ... we got off the subject of a new girlie about just to be told off about it.
i mean damn we're here to just chat no? why the hell can't we chat about whatever we want however we want?
we're not in RGT after all (puts on his aspestos suit)

incase your wondering i'm very very bored, and i post ALOT

Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2003 14:11
like me raven, and i just noticed my first attempt at a pic worked as well, hope edit works so i can remove one. One view of my ugly face is enough but two, god most ppl will faint!

Raven I did take up ur idea for some sort of modelling type program, but my idea changed, after screwing about with unreal edit, I'm attempting to make a half decent world/level editor and an entire engine to run it through with its own functions and so, Ill might be able to have an example of what my system can do soon, but as for an editor, that will be a while, i got to think on the best way to work with it. But Ill think i'll do a similar working to unreal ed. wot u think??

Love to all
K-Sponge

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2003 15:47
well i've never actually used UnrealEd (i'm not a grand fan of the series sorry to say) ... alot of people have asked me what i think about making editors like it and all i can really do is nod and agree with whatever they're saying.

i mean i've only recently been asked to do things for Unreal Tournament 2k3 - but they released a special version of Maya PLE just for it on CD3, so i figured i'd use that instead

perhaps if you like show'd me what UnrealEd was like maybe i'd be able to give some input (^_^)

i've found generally thought when making my own editors they start out with a sensible backing and what i feel is right look and feel, but they always end up getting new features and a slightly different setup for my own style of modelling and such - before you know it, its an entirely different creature

i'm kinda a little shy right now about pictures, cause i have a feelin' one of me will be appearing here sometime soon - when and where lol thats kinda worrying

Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2003 16:36
umm yeh, well unreal ed basically looks like world craft, but is a different kettle of fish deep down due to its Unreal Link, I wont have "the scripts and Actors and Classes" or entitys in HL from it but might add simaliar feature in the future customizable to the user, To create brush ill be using vertexs and faces, so each individual part can be textured. But because each face will have to be created with traingles this could lead to a big object count, but i found away round that, only displaying and creating faces in a certain range from the camera and delete the objects associated when out of range so can be used by another in range, Alot of object createing and deletion will be going off in big levels which stretch on forever, but in theory it should work.

Comprendé, I hope you do, newayz
Love to All
K-Sponge

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2003 17:42
generally for larger worlds i have my RenderPipeline which detects along a tree of the Object -> SubObject -> Face based on a Camera Z Vector

if the object is Z > 0.0 && Z < CamDistance then AddPipeline(dwObject)

which it adds the object to the pipeline array, which thankfully in pro are now global - setup a binary to make sure that it is either show or not, you then run a timer and if the object takes more than Second/NumObject then rather than running all the subtree sections it just shows everything below unless it cannot be seen due to obstruction (which is why the render is done Front->Back not Back->Front which is what you'd do in C++ cause you want to setup the ZBuffer on the same pass )

works quite well too and keeps polygons quite low

Ben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2003 19:33
Hey k-sponge, you look a lot younger than i expected!
ill post a pic of myself l8r

... Except programming
Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2003 13:02
Umm, init, But that was a year ago. I have changed a bit, prehaps I might get another one up some time
Love to All
K-Sponge

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 04:56:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 04:56:06