Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Zombie Hunter Open Source DBPro Project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 11:55
Thx it works!

[href][/href]
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 14:38
hello, just a few updates:

AI LOG: 30/09-07/10 2005
Quote: "
* Been working on the Rotation
* But No greater succes "

AI BUGS: 07.10.2005
* |FIXED|Doesn't Rotate smoothly, he 'teleport rotates'
* Rotation only works between the angles 0-180"

NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2005 07:34
Lukas W,

Keep up the persistence.

+NanoBrain+
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2005 23:09 Edited at: 8th Oct 2005 23:11
im not sure what persistence mean.
is it something like working on a project, instead of leave it at an early stage of development or something like that.??
if i remember correct i think it meant this or something close to it.

if so, im trying nanobrain, im trying

Jonny Ree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 02:59
persistence:
1) The persistance of something is the fact of its continuing to exsist for a long Time.

2) If you have persistance, you continue to do something with determination, even though it is difficult or other people are against it.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 13:12
i dont think anyone is against it though but it is difficult and im trying my really best everyday. so i guess i have persistence

thanks for all the support i get from you guys

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 08:56
haven't had time to work on this project for a while now.
last time i touched it was thursday.. i dont think i will reach the deadline in November, but im counting on it.

i got the rotation to work a little better now, and i'll run some tests and some different methods until i get it to work 100%

im so close, i can taste it.

when i'm done with the AI part, or some parts of it (as much as needed to make it look like it is "alive"), i will see into my level editor and try to finish it.

after that, i need to model the town, place houses, teleports from interitor to exterior (& vica versa) then place objects and call it a finished first demo. so i might make it in time to november

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2005 19:45
the moment we all have waited for is here

i gave up the rotation on the AI and decided to use teleport rotation
ah well... its working but it looks damn so ugly!!

also, i got the Blur effect from Math69 to work properly.
the reason it wouldn't work was because i used fog.
fog will be in the game, but when fog is active blur is inactive and vica verca.

thanks for the support i have got from you people, it makes me feel better and makes me want to work on the game more

AI LOG: 16. Oct. 2005
* Been working on the AI today, and i decided to use Teleport Rotation.
* Rotation now works, but it looks really ugly
* AI have now following modules: IDLE, GOTO, ATTACK, DIE"

AI BUGS: 16. Oct. 2005
* |Back| Doesn't Rotate smoothly, he 'teleport rotates'
* |Fixed| Rotation only works between the angles 0-180"

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2005 10:00
if i said i abandon the project what would you guys think?

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2005 16:57
KILLL YOOOUUU!!!!

... maybe a little bit more lenient...

"We make the worst games in the universe."

NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 05:38
Lukas W,

It is your choice, but I would like a good reason. However, I have abandoned many projects that might have turned out excellent, if I would not of had done so. Therefore, I can enforce nothing on this rule.

+NanoBrain+
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 13:53
i bought this great computer, it costed me 684$, built it and now it wont start. i have tried to call the company i bought it from, they told be to call back later and i did but they refuse to answer!!!

and they also sent me the wrong graphics card!! oh what shall i do what shall i do.. for 1 week now i have been trying to reach them. i dont see what i should do with a computer that doesn't even work.

i have to go down there and talk to them, but i cant drive and noone want to drive me..... ugh... now THAT sucks, and that makes me feel terrible and i have just spent alot money on something useless crap.

i was really looking forward to that computer, i would use it for good. i even bought FEAR so i could play a little, but no that wont happen!

thats why i dont feel like working

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 16:14 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2005 16:16
Lucas you built the computer yourself? did you put the little stilt thingys in the case to make sure the mobo dosnt touch the case?

I had the same thing happen to me i went to a computer convention and got sold some parts that didnt work the company (more like a small business) basically told me to **** off i will never buy parts from someone with a accient again.

one of my friends bought parts from the same guy well actually the same company and it was a 1700$ computer they didnt replace his parts or anything eaither it had a bad everything i think. But don't let it get you down. Im sure its just a small problem with the jumpers or maybe the ram your using who knows.

If worse comes to worse just buy your parts from compusa but don't buy the case from there. Compusa cases are always messed up every case i get from them is eaither incomplete or had to be modifyed to get the mobo which was advertised that it would fit. To fit. Or go to bestbuy and buy all the parts. I no longer buy from 3rd rate stores.

When we talk to god, we're praying. When god talks to us, we're schizophrenic.
http://dbworlds.darkuniverse.net/
Jonny Ree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 19:34
Quote: "If worse comes to worse just buy your parts from compusa but don't buy the case from there. Compusa cases are always messed up every case i get from them is eaither incomplete or had to be modifyed to get the mobo which was advertised that it would fit. To fit. Or go to bestbuy and buy all the parts. I no longer buy from 3rd rate stores."

Quote: "Lukas W: Location: Norway"

I would wanto see the shipping bill on that one. or just the toll taxes o_O

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I would wanto see the shipping bill on that one. or just the toll taxes o_O"

Heh i didnt look at his location

Well then he should go to his compusa equal in norway if it was its equal then uhhh heh......ooooppsssss........

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:38
lol. not to worry. today is a new day and i just have to continue calling the company my mom agreed to drive me there on wednesday, so hopefully i have reached them by then, because im supposed to contact them and agree a sort of meeting. but i cant reach them so..... cant wait to see their reaction

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2005 08:52
wee, i have contact they said they where sorry about that vga card they sent me riiight... and then they told me to meet them in town (every tuesday they take a delivery round to the city where i live). so my mom is taking care of that, i can't: i have to work

so today they get the computer. tomorrow me and mom are driving down there and picking it up. hopefully. if they haven't managed to fix it by wednesday then i will never buy from them again.

Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2005 21:14 Edited at: 25th Oct 2005 21:18
In theory it looks like a amazing game but grphicaly...how should I put this... well lets just say it isn't great but I suppose a lot of games like this don't need good graphics to make it fun.

[edit]But wait what is this it...it..it's getting better, yes it is starting to look really nice wow, well done everbody!

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2005 21:33
hmm.. well in theory my computer should handle graphics well, but it doesn't do so. that is one of the reasons why i bought this new computer (which is on reparation btw.. and i've never even used it!!!) so i can add better graphics and higher poly models for us who have "gaming computers" i will however still add that low end graphics for people still using computers like the one im sitting on right now

soo with that in mind this game will not only have great gameplay, but it will also be playable on most of the computers... and well, its not really great gameplay at the moment... just walk around shooting zombies.. come on, how fun is that?? ah but the story mode and multiplayer will give this game some plusses

NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2005 23:54
Lukas W,

That's the spritit!

+NanoBrain+
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 15:25 Edited at: 26th Oct 2005 15:25
ten minutes left until i finish work. (got out early today) then ill head straight down to the computer company where i bought the computer.

so, i will finnaly get it fixed And change the graphics card at the same time. well hopefully

ill let you know what happens, tonight

who knows? maybe even tomorrow when i have installed everything, i might start working on this game again

edit,
oh yeah did you guys notice? 2000+ views well views doesn't count very much now does it

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 17:31 Edited at: 26th Oct 2005 19:16
Quote: "oh yeah did you guys notice? 2000+ views well views doesn't count very much now does it"

thats more then any of my threads have ever done ima be suspending my 2d zombie game until i get play basic and i'd like to help you with yours i can get some great gun models and player/people models from 3dcafe.com in there free stuff section has alot of nice stuff.

eh never mind i use DBP it looks liek you do it in DBC? which is pretty damn nice.

NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 18:24
Lukas W,

Just want to let you know that I haven't let you down on that gun model yet. I have just been plenty busy with the game I have been working on fervently. I will get it to you soon enough.

+NanoBrain+
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahh this was made in DBC? i thought you where using DBP nicely done i played the game you have done already. If you stick with it, you might have a excellent game ready.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 22:19
hmm.. so many users think this is dbc stuff.. am i really that bad at graphics no, this is dbpro all pure dbpro. how else would i be able to use newton?? also note that the topic sais "open source dbpro project"

NanoBrain,
yeah. lol i actually forgot about that if you will get it done soon that would be nice

important note,
i got my computer back...and well.. im afraid there was not much they could do.. exept fix it!! yay! it's fixed!

so, i tried doom3 just now, and it was so sweet! shaders rock!

tomorrow after work, i will probably play doom3 some more.. but i hope i will get my hands on zombie hunter.

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
You do that.

Suggestions -

quicker movement i know its still far from perfect (the game) but could you make your character move faster? it all seems so slow to me like im barly walking ect ect ect.

NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 05:38
Lukas W,

Give me about another 1 or 2 days, and I will have the gun completed.

+NanoBrain+
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 08:50 Edited at: 27th Oct 2005 09:03
yeah, THAT is the dbc version i thought you reffered to THIS game sorry

the dbc version of zombie hunter.. hmm i was having plans to update it a little. the fps is really low. i know why, but i haven't figured out a way to fix it yet.. i will see what i can do though that is the reason why you are walking slow.

nanobrain,
great, thanks

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 20:29
heyia,

im leaving the "game" for a while. going to write a new and improved world editor.
featuring:
* lights
* entities
* trigger zones
* teleports (interior to exterior)

so there wont be any more screens (not that it have been any for a while) for a while.

baba.

db programmer 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds cool man can't wait 4 da demo. Sorry for the grammer typing fast!

Ganz and My Offical Message Board At ~ www.zombiechatforum.tk
Ganz Offical Site Coming Soon! Or try www.topfreeforum.com/forum/zombiechatforum.html
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 23:41 Edited at: 27th Oct 2005 23:41
You realise that if you had written that properly, you wouldn't have needed to add that extra sentence, right?...

Tempest - P2P UDP Multiplayer Plugin - 80% - 30%
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2005 14:06 Edited at: 30th Oct 2005 14:06
Heyia,

Now i Realize i should have started with the level editor sooner it looks like i need to re-write pretty much of the current game engine in order for the level editor im planning to make, and the game to work side by side..

anyway, progress is going great i have reached v0.1a of the level editor. this means, i have added freddix brilliant window system "MagicWindows". i also use this system in "this is a map editor" so i have quite the experience needed, and therefore i truly believe the level editor will be finished in no time

here is a screenshot.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2005 14:53 Edited at: 30th Oct 2005 14:53
Quote: "Now i Realize i should have started with the level editor sooner "

yeah, i always write the level editor first

(though none of mine had cool drop down menus like that! )

"We make the worst games in the universe."

Advancement Games
Years of Service
User Offline
LucasW, can help with the level editor? I have bluegui and that would probably be a big help if I contributed that.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2005 17:05
i think i will go with magic windows it is a free nice plugin for dbpro. and when i release the game, the level editor will come with it. both open source. and what good is a level editor when you cant compile it, because you dont have the necsesarry plugins or dont have the money to purchase it

thanks for offering help though.

Quote: "though none of mine had cool drop down menus like that!"

lol, well a menu system is not hard to write at all you should try to write on, it is easier than you think.

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " i think i will go with magic windows it is a free nice plugin for dbpro. "

You mean i bought BlueGUI when i could of gotten magic windows for free? thats poo =(

Quote: "ol, well a menu system is not hard to write at all you should try to write on, it is easier than you think."

Its hard to write your own when you don't know how to use the function command properly (like me but im learning )

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2005 10:49
yeah, the function command is really different from dbc...
my menu system uses gosubs in dbpro while in dbc it uses functions lol

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2005 13:16
i have bough a domain name More Info, Videos, Pictures and eventually Demos about Zombie Hunter, dbc and dbpro version, will be located at this adress: http://zombiehunter.lukasw.com

im at work at the moment, so i cant do anything with the webpage for a while, so i just added a temporarly index file. hehe

see yas

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
I could have hosted it for you with your own www. ect ect ect for free except you would of had to pay for the domain name registration but thats about it.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2005 08:53
this project it still not dead.
its been what? 10days since last update. and allready this has gone to the 3rd page

anyway, i have not done much with the game really, i have been working on my website. and now im working some more on it, so its kind of broken at the moment. broken links etc.

so why am i posting?

first off, i have started on a scripting language.
it is mainly coded for zombie hunter, but Gil (founder of Pirates of Port Royale), want to use it too.. that means i want to use it too. we will have teleports from exterior to interior and vica versa. i will have that in zombie hunter too, so it will pretty much be the same.

the script im doing is looking like this:

the script can be written in any order you want. so the "name: " does not have to be on top, and the "player" command does not have to be last in the file.

im really proud of this script engine, because i never thought i would get it to work, but it was really easy

many of you might have noticed my sig too.. and i will try to hold on to that deadline. when the script have all the commands i need and the level editor is done, there is just some stuff with the AI that needs to be fixed, and then fix the game engine. then the "survive mode" is done, and i can start working on the story mode. or if Benjamin have completed his Multiplayer plugin i will start with the multiplayer part

baba.

So you think you're tough? - Zombie Hunter DBPro Beta 1 - December 2005 - Not so tough anymore, huh?
(man, this ad suck!)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 14:06:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 14:06:20