Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Is anyone interested in a Menu Creation System?

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 17:46
omg...merranvo...you...

OMG....

good news...i guess...

Pulsar Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 17:51 Edited at: 11th Oct 2005 17:52
@Bullshock 2: if, as you say, Monster sells others' creations as if they were his/her own, well then, what about the gfx packs? Did Monster create them? or did he take them from anywhere else?

If Monster is fairly competing then I have no objections because in the end something really good could show up.

However, if taking others' ideas is Monster ways of doing business then I'm afraid that one has to be very careful with Monster's products -like offered segments, specially if one plans to sell commercial games.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 17:57
i dont know about the model packs...those are quality models...but, i have never seen him in the FPSC forums before he posted about the forest packs...

i will tell you one thing...NOBODY comes in, makes perfect enitities without asking atleast one question...so unless he is super smart....or whatever...then there is something shady.
i mean seriously...what person do you know that never asked a question about entitys and has them in there game??

and like i said...im not sure hes like this...but i hope you get what i mean.

RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 18:04
Not to vouch for him, but he has developed products for DarkBasic and DBPro.

Since FPSC is based on DBP, he had a head start I'm sure. The model usage is the same in DBP as FPSC. These very well might have been made well before FPSC and he decided to use the for FPSC rather than a possible DBP game he may have worked on?

I dunno, but the models are good, no arguments there. As for the menu creation system, I think its cool.

I am curious to see what merranvo has done in comparison.

Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
You guys ridiculous - you envy?
Pulsar Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 18:15 Edited at: 11th Oct 2005 18:16
Not in my case. I'm just being cautious ... that's it.

Don't want to suddenly receive a note stating I'm using models in my games w/o the proper formal authorization from the author.

If you're the legit author, then, no problem.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 18:17
i am actually making the GUI for merranvos system...since its script based.

monster...are you saying that this isnt true? ok...which part isnt true...that you take peoples ideas and turn them into packs? or that you steal actual scripts?

now...technically, stealing ideas isnt illeagal...but its wrong.

i did a little reaserch...

1)a thread popped up about making a far cry type game
-3 days later...you get the forest pack

2)the thread about the jetpack...WHICH MERRANVO ANSWERED...
-ABOUT A WEEK AFTER...here commes the jetpack release...

3)then come this thread...a menu creation system.
-here comes monster! menu creation system!

I AM NOT ACCUSING YOU OF ANYTHING.

i just want to know...how did you learn about entitys and the scripting system so fast?

Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm very smart guy!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 23:08
ok...whatever...im droping the subject.

merranvo, i should have that GUI ready soon...its just you have to fix that IMG, or send me the improved source.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 23:49
This is HYSTERICAL!!!
You know what... To combat monster... we need BIGGER GUNS.

My problem is that I will write 90% of the code, then get tired of it. Problems Eventally hurt my head, and I get tired of them.

So, I guess that people will have to continually program what monster steals... and hope that he doesn't steal their program... and then that he doesn't steal the program that they stole back which he stole in the first place...

Or we could just do open source and give out free copys of DBP!

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"

He who knows everything knows nothing at all.
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 00:00
monster, this was a low blow. merranvo was working hard on this project, and you ruined it. o well, maybe merranvo's will be better. at least it's FREE. pft. the forest pack was good, but im going on a boycott of your stuff.

Visit us today at [href]http://www.freewebs.com/pyramidproductions[href]!

Coming Soon- 'Nightfall' Demo
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 02:47
Hello SarusX... I am Monster.
Boycotting won't help you any... piracy... that helps...
You see, so many people will buy my product that one little person won't make a difference. So you need to do more finantial dammage then that.

Pyriting is the only way to hurt me.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 02:57
So where do I sign up?

-This...is my boomstick!
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 03:07
Thats just wrong....
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Monster

Well, seeing as you think [a lot] of people buy your product(s). I want some................EGGS, AND DON'T FORGET THE BACON!!

But really, how many total poeple have actually bought your stuff?

I ALWAYS have flame proof jacket...just in case...and a shotgun. If you want any, just ask!

We are all nice,except for that one who's name starts in a m and ends in erranvo.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 03:15
Don't encourage him, once people boyvot his things, he'll just create a new email, and a new forum account and sell things under that name. The best thing you can do is track his IP address, but even that won't work to well, he can just buy new ones.

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Well well well, it seems taht the evil Merranvo is now Monster!! Very sneaky, and disapointing...........I LIKE IT!!!!

I ALWAYS have flame proof jacket...just in case...and a shotgun. If you want any, just ask!

We are all nice,except for that one who's name starts in a m and ends in erranvo.
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 03:35
Some of you simply love yourself way too much, and you make it so obvious..

Ok, sure, Merranvo came up with an 'idea'. And to quote the 'should be banned user' "My problem is that I will write 90% of the code, then get tired of it."

So what were you actually expecting. If it meant that much, maybe he should have patiented his idea. LOL

Icon Changer for FPSC executable. OH MY, did I just say that??? HEY, thats my idea, and a damn soul here better not make one. Its MINE!!! ROFLMAO!!!

Seriously, Monster has made some cool products. As for the price he charges, go to TurboSquid or ModelVault and buy one of the stupid SINGLE models, untextured for about $200+. Honestly, Monster is not charging enough!

Its funny that a few of you flock to licking the toes of Merranvo whenever he posts. Other than having some knowledge of scripting, you small few flockers ask yourself, what has this little pathetic flamer actually made in the FPSC community? A few little scripts?

You guys can learn the scripting, it's not that hard. Just a simple undertanding of the codes and how they work.

Other than the 'few' lines of script using pre-made commands from within FPSC, what has he done other than post lil'boy comments?

Nothing... Not a single thing..

Model(s)? No...
Resonable Advice? Not hardly...
Basiclly anything usable to the community? Hell no...

Users here are trying to create a 'useful' community. Then you got this lil'boy who comments on topics, his micro flock cheers, and raids other posts with their nonsense.

Merranvo, aka Hail Whoever, aka Steal Users Identity on the forums, should be banned. Simple to do. Just ban the level3.net domain.

Ah, another beer, and another thread of where Merranvo shows hows worthless a thread gets when his 'idea' was realized by another. Bow to him Merranvo, you know you want to. LOL!

-Causa mortis
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 03:38
I love myself...sometimes too much.

Merranvo in Disguise let me know when your near completion and I will see how well it works with Riker 9.

-This...is my boomstick!
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 04:24
Quote: "You guys can learn the scripting, it's not that hard. Just a simple undertanding of the codes and how they work."

I know how to script, I even posted one of them.

I couldn't get the jetpack to work but Merranvo has done an okay job so far. And he didn't expect money or people to blow smoke up his a$$. I think he deserves some credit for that.

Trying to get him banned is futile.

If petulance was a hanging offence on these forums there'd be about four people left talking about Jebus all day....

Personally I think this post was insulting to the entire community.

Maybe your a bit defensive because your one of the "Pack" Pack.

Not that I have a problem with that.

If people like me don't want to pay, they don't have to.
It's all much ado about nuthin.....
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 08:33
Really, I'm going to stick to Merranvo's menu system because it's free.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 03:41
Menu Monster v 1.0

News:
We are Near Completion,

As a note, the source will not be released with, although I believe that Monster can Reverse Engineer this thing anyways.

The ReadMe, and the Sample Arnec Menu Script will be released as of Now.

The Full Download will include the Script Runner, GUI Interface, Full Arnec Sample Menu (With Media), FPSCic for those who don't have it, and an Fully Updated ReadMe.

The Wait is Almost Over!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 20:34
Yaya! Merry, are you going to team up with Cellbloc Studios sometime do you think?

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 05:39
Is this basically a menu system that shells out to run a program? When it runs the program does it unload itself from memory?
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
What? It creates a script for the menu in FPSC.

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 19:14
It does? I didn't know the current engine had a run command.

state:6
background:6.jpg
compile
run:arnec.exe
end
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 23:33
Quote: "However, if taking others' ideas is Monster ways of doing business then I'm afraid that one has to be very careful with Monster's products -like offered segments, specially if one plans to sell commercial games. "

For a Corporate Competition, it's part-&-parcel with the whole job description. So to a degree I agree that if he takes other people ideas and puts them in to practise then this is fine.

That is fair competition as there are enough choices on the market to actually force better products.

Unfortunately we're not talking the corporate level, and these business tactics are frowned upon. Quite simply because your dealing with other individuals.

Sure, it's a legitmate business tactic. Yet look at this as 2 people in a company. One of these guys says to the other, "I'm going to impress the boss with this deal I've found for new computers with CompanyX which will cut our upgrade costs in half!" and then GuyB takes this idea to the boss behind GuyA's back and gets a promotion for it.

Do you still see it as a valid tactic then? That's what this all really comes down to and what people don't like about this.

It isn't the fact that he's producing this stuff; the problem people have is that he is basically subverting the market.. what makes it more annoying is that rather than just subverting the market, he's also charging for this service.

While this is all competition, it's far from "Fair" competition. If he keeps subverting other people in order to force his products to become more popular.

Hell this is even frowned upon at the corporate level. It's why everyone tries thier damnest to keep new products secret.

The fact that individuals will now *have* to do the same just to make sure thier ideas are safe, sorry is just a sickening thought.
That is not the behaviour of a friendly community and someone trying to help the community; that the behaviour of someone who is worried too greatly on a capitalist nature.

Money doesn't mean everything, neither does releasing something just to make yourself look good. You should be trying to HELP the community grow, rather than taking advantage of others.

Those are just my thoughts on why people are pent up about this.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2005 01:16
exactly...

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2005 03:36
Raven: Were did that come from???? Are you saying that
a menu system is an original idea? That a scripting language
is an original idea? That a drag and drop game creation
system is an original idea?

Money isn’t everything. True but, I would rather have money
than not have money.

Have you actually seen the programs that are in question here?
Or do you just believe everything you read on the internet.

The program Monster is selling allows users to open up the
existing fpi files and visually move buttons, huds, etc. Very
useful to see what the screen would look like as you modify or
create a new FPSC fpi file. It is not a menu system with non
fpsc script commands.

The program merranvo is working on, as far as I can see is an
external menu system that shells out and then runs a program.

Excert of sample menu.psf file from above.
state:6
background:6.jpg
compile
run:arnec.exe
end

If this is correct then rastaman has already completed such a
program and it was his idea to start with.

Now I am not saying merranvo’s program will not add a lot of new
features or be a great program. I’m just saying that the two
programs do two totally different things. The only thing they have
in common is that both use “menu” in their names.

Raven I have read your posts in the db forums and you seem to be
very intelligent but, I’m losing faith. Or maybe you’re just “Merranvo
in Disguise”.
Pulsar Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Unfortunately we're not talking the corporate level"

Maybe not on the vendor's side ...

... but on the client side, the one that may purchase the vendor's products it's important to know -to some extent- not only the vendor financial & technical solvency but the ethics one (maybe not from a moral viewpoint but commercial).

In this case, I was referring to Monster's gfx pack. If Monster created the meshes -or if not, is yet allowed to sell them- then no problem.

But if he extended the practices apparently -that is, not confirmed- applied on the above-mentioned -somewhere in this thread- ideas and thus "took" the meshes with no authorization from the owner, then a game could be legally compromised even though its developer had no bad intentions at all.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2005 15:18
tschwarz, if you were around at the time this took place,

merranvo hadent released any information about his menu system, therefore, when monster read this post, his system was the interpretation of what merranvo was doing. and the fact that he hurried up and released it to make a quick few bucks is what were talking about..

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2005 23:25
As this is pre-fact let the thread sink down and DIE!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 20:27:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 20:27:02