Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Swift Ide

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 21:21
ok this version allows you to add remove save load and compile, but the compiler message functionality isnt fully intergrated yet so i cannot yet tell if you have compiled successfullly, but if the project compiles successfully then your project will be in the \bin path of your project directory.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 20:49
the process for getting compiler messages is quite complex
I tried following robK's example but now my proggy crashes on exit, so i have to look into it. damn.

DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 04:19
jeez a quadrible post. Do you mind using the edit next time?

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 05:23
it was over a week.
constructive criticisims only please.

new programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 03:55
and... how long did it take you to get a hot thread?

MediaBASIC has 40 posts to go

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 05:22 Edited at: 10th Jan 2006 05:24
not very long maybe a week?
NEWS!!! I now have compilation and execution in!

there is no update yet , because some of the routines to convert ordinary projects to the swiftIDE project directory standard are not yet fully debugged, however as of jan 10,2006

*you can compile programs (I made a dialog, but removed the progress bar because if a compiler is any good you shouldnt be able to watch it fill up anyway )

*If you select run, you will run a previously created executable, but when you compile a NEW executable is created, to make testing programs repeatedly much faster (why would you recompile the fpsc source 5 times in a row?)

*the richtextbox scrollbar is replaced by a flat scroll bar to enable better hilighting by my custom lexer

* the fast syntax coloring routine has undergone some changes

*on a compilation error, the dialog displays which line of which source the error occurs in.

[edit]
wait a f***** minute!
dumbo/dbnewbe werent you banned for a month, why are you back here on my thread?!

Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 21:22 Edited at: 10th Jan 2006 21:24
No idea

@Dumbo
It got locked for no screens

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/csimon/spain03/days2_3.htm << where i went for my holiday or www.portaventura.es
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 22:07 Edited at: 10th Jan 2006 22:09
here it is, enjoy!
this is v 0.8
all major important functionality is in, now the peripherals and tweaking must be done and then differentiating the 'lite' version from the 'full' version

the plan:
the lite version will ideally include
*all of the standard dbp ide stuffs
*the standard clipboard and a secondary clipboard
*export of function lists

the full version
*upto eight yes eight clipboards
*html export
*code folding
*export some form of documentation
*some source code where appropriate
*partially customizable interface.
*probably unicode support but this may end up in the lite version too
but either way you must save rtf, because there's no way in hell a plain text file can hold unicode
however the lite version will definitely be a FREE full fledged ide just without the little novelties that didnt come with the standard ide.

[edit]
anybody know what the waters are like for a new 'official' ide and what the req's are? maybe lee, because i read his documents about creating an official ide.
perhaps after its done it can be bundled with the dbp package?

Attachments

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 08:38 Edited at: 11th Jan 2006 08:45
did i miss sometihng?

if i did, please print it in the readme file for the next release instead of hiding it in one of the posts

The Cowboy Game progress 17% (bullets)

Attachments

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 20:17
ensure that dbp_config.dll is in the same path as the ide

if you have dbp then you have dbp_config.dll, just copy it from the editor folder to the SwiftIDE folder.

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
so thats how u "getting" dbp's dbp_confog.dll
but, how about using the oreginal way by reading the registry?
the dbp's path is on:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Dark Basic\Dark Basic Pro\INSTALL-PATH

the INSTALL-PATH is the path of dbp's dir.

Just. ...Leave me alone =/
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 00:44
cause im not so good with registry work,and i dont want to harm people's pc's

DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 08:05
looking good.

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "cause im not so good with registry work,and i dont want to harm people's pc's"

its v. easy. just look at vb6 forums.. everyone knows how to using registry overthere
and u just searching for a code only to GET the data from the registry.. no need to change anything in the registry..

Just. ...Leave me alone =/
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 14:53
here it is next, some things reworked, and coming close to fruition.

also mods:

i would really like to know more about what an ide must be put up to do before it can become the official ide and be bundled perhaps. (and i can get published and deliver a lot of 'In YOUR FACE!' exclamations)

Attachments

DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2006 00:56
I would think help files, not just help files but UPDATED help files.

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2006 02:13 Edited at: 13th Jan 2006 08:40
you can access help (i think)
the webbrowser is set to look in the help directory of your dbproPath, but if your help is elsewhere, than that's your problem.

[edit]
come on people! give me feedback, i have about a week before i have to go back to school, give me features to throw in!

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 05:58
ok
*there is a compile options and dll manager now
*and the subclassing issue with teh clipboard is worked out
*debug and clean are officially working
*functions and other structures can now be viewed in a tree
*syntax coloring is cleaned up and now has professional speed and accuracy (yay!)
*dbdoc has been implemented to make for easier exporting of keywords for html (partial) and keyword lists (fully done)
an (easy) button has been implemented to :
insert date and time
insert the string // ************************************ //
and insert the dbdoc header

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 21:18 Edited at: 14th Jan 2006 23:44
here is a very updated version showing off the dll manager/advanced compiler options window. it scans on startup so new plugins by tgc will be reflected.

any chance that this can go into a newsletter?

Attachments

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2006 10:23 Edited at: 15th Jan 2006 10:23
For being an official IDE...

o Multi-Language support (Unicode etc.)
o FREE
o [and something else but cant remember]

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2006 17:52 Edited at: 16th Jan 2006 01:32
[edit]
Wait a minute , the default editor doesn't support unicode!
why should the new one?

Quote: "o Multi-Language support (Unicode etc.)"

I can do unicode, but is that to be saved to a .dba file, because then it will have to be saved in richtext because standard text (a .dba file) doesnt support unicode same for the compiler.
Quote: "o FREE"

there is a fully functional free version in the works but does that mean that there cannot be other versions? or if not at least a kickback or being a part of the credits for my resume?
Quote: "o [and something else but cant remember]"

well if you dont know , then I dont know.

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 07:20 Edited at: 17th Jan 2006 19:25
whew...

*the syntax coloring now colors strings correctly and sevral speed and accuracy issues addressed, so now for all intents and purposes aside from numbers being colored correctly its perfect

*status bar shows arguments for current item

*f9 inserts date f10 inserts a comment line and f11 inserts the function hilighting guide export header.

about function name export:

the function name export routine goes as follows

any instance of this block:

will be created in a keyword file and stored in a filename of your choosing in the keyword repository so only functions you care about will be exported, and in addition it makes for the ability to specify help text and a html page for the help file. HAH!

*issue with dll manager resolved

*seperate help window added
*function facory and comment block insert are now in

to come:
*context sensitive help (very soon)
*media browser
*the ability to clean the project folder and remove unused media
*the ability to be 'warned' about absolute paths in your code as well as an 'option explicit' type behavior

Attachments

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2006 19:23
is number coloring important for an ide?

DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 08:00
not too sure on that one. Didn't download as it is 12AM here, going to bed soon. Looking at the screenies it looks good. SwiftIDE makes me think of silver for some reason though. probly cause it starts with S?

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2006 21:07 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2006 21:26
ok, changes , changes
line formatting is blazingly fast now, which is slightly faster than this one and will undergo very minor optomizations
more button functionality added. line folding coming closer to working.
remstart now colors fully to remEnd.

has a more netbeans style look. (blue purple and grey rather than the harsh white blue and green)
error lines are reported more accurately now (could they get any more accurate?). error catching enabled so invalid path's should now be handled rather than just crashing the program.
next up: the clean functionality will attempt to clean the windows temp dir of any dbpdata directories every N compiles where n is a number specified by you.

and an autosave check button to save at a specified interval
Rich!

when will I get a response confirming that this will be in the next newsletter?

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2006 17:41 Edited at: 26th Jan 2006 03:32
two things:

does anyone remember all of the official ide requirements?
and how do you type unicode? I have a friend that had me install traditional chinese on my pc and she didnt tell me how to use it.

however I only speak english, so I dont know how to type extended charachters, though i can poke them into a richtextbox. if anyone knows how please tell me so i can get it done.
unicode my 'friend' sent me

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2006 03:31 Edited at: 26th Jan 2006 03:31
WELL IS THIS GOING IN THE NEWSLETTER OR NOT! C'MON RICH! SEND ME A RESPONSE[u][/u]!

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2006 18:05 Edited at: 28th Jan 2006 03:18
[edit]
ignore this zip, i uploaded the wrong version and appollo wont let me get it back

ok keyword exporting with tooltip guides is in. you must put the dbdoc header above the function name for it to work, so that only important functions get highlighted and not private functions, additionally dbdoc is 99% complete, just need a small tweak on the exporter. Do you guys prefer html or rtf export?
I made an html exporter, but seeing how im using a vanilla richtextbox already it would be very easy to just save the project as richtext.
*strings are now colored (they were before but rewrote the blazingly fast coloring routine from scratch and had to add it back in)
*moved to a more netbeans style look (red/navy blue/grey/magenta/black/purple) rather than that harsh green for comments (looks much better) code is now colored once upon startup and then line by line afterwards (the startup coloring has no progress bar because if you can see the bar fill up, the routine is coloring words way too slow)
*dbdoc is nearly done, and the dll manager has more options for saving profiles to you can select dll profiles quickly

*grouping the snippet and project repository by folder,rather than just plainly by lists, so you have more conrol.

*trying to find out why project windows prompt you three times to see if you want to save.
additionally im adding a save project as binary option, to allow you to save the project into a single file, so that your whole package can be in a jar type structure.
next:
im going to play around with the winXP themes (not the .net look, but winXP type buttons and menu's)and allow you to drag and drop things into your toolbox. and as soon as i figure it out, ill let you vbscript the text editing to make custom routines, like custom indenting, or put a space between every other line. itll be really cool.

*thinking about releasing snippets of the IDE source code but not quite sure, i need to think about that
put that in your pipe and smoke it!
[b]

Attachments

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2006 06:36
ok there are a couple of insects in this version but this should give you a general idea.

Attachments

MrBlack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2006 13:15
Quote: "ok there are a couple of insects in this version but this should give you a general idea."

File -> New -> "Empty project" -> Ok ...

...'Run-time error 53'

There are only 10 kinds of programmers - those who understand binary, and those who don't.
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2006 14:42 Edited at: 28th Jan 2006 14:48
yeah, i was sourcing the empty file from somewhere, you need the swiftemp directory to be in the same directory as the ide, else use organized procedural.
what text was given by the error do you know?

Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2006 14:55
Look's cool will download later

where i went on holiday to
www.portaventura.es and also http://themepark.nl/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB7&Number=661483&page=0&fpart=all
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2006 17:31 Edited at: 29th Jan 2006 23:10
[edit]
ironed out small bugs, though small little insects still exist.

the editor now detects exactly where something happened and tells you the exact line of the source it happened in.

removing files and then adding them is still slightly dodgy but i know why and i am rectifying it and cleaning the code now.

winXP styles are in but may not always draw correctly. I havent tested this because I have the themes service disabled on my pc, but post a screen shot of it not working and ill fix it.

Attachments

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 00:39
very glad I made the newsletter. Just need to know the requirements for an Ide that can be endorsed by tgc. would work on it now, but got a crapload of work to do.

CzarTim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 06:13
hi,

I tried your program, and after trying to load a project I've been working on for a while it didn't load right away. Since I had to go for a bit I decided to come back to it later, when I did all my projects are gone, the folder is completly empty. Is there any way to get them back?

-Czar
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 17:29 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2006 17:45
it should load nearly instantly, how large was the source?
and there is no reason the folder should not be there. did you specify a seperate folder for the import option? or did you ignore the directory exists overwrite? message.

additionally you should A) ensure that the folder that you are importing your project to is not directly in the folder where the project resides
B) not load the only copy of long used projects into beta software as i said there are a small number of bugs. however the only way that could have happened is if you ignored the overwrite prompt and you chose the current folder your project resides in as the project folder.

and there is no way all of the projects should be gone. were they all in the folder you chose to import to?

CzarTim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 21:43
it was completly my fault, my appologies, i did rush through and choose overwrite by accident. Lucky I'm a noob so it'll be good to go back and start over, and I'll be using swift because it is nice, sorry!

-Czar
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2006 03:22 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2006 04:13
no prob, my fault too . ill probably change this system to rename the default directory to directory.old rather than deleting it.

CzarTim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2006 20:05
Yes, that would be nice! :

-Czar
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 00:01
anybody know if i can bind controls to an executable to avoid runtime problems for people without the vb6 runtimes?

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 06:22
Have you looked at the package and deployment wizard that comes with VB6?

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "anybody know if i can bind controls to an executable to avoid runtime problems for people without the vb6 runtimes?
"

errr.. as i know, there are some installer systems like InstallShield that got option to install VB6 Runetime files.
you should try it. or try to find any other installers

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 13:24 Edited at: 9th Feb 2006 13:25
nope, i cant say i have.
doh im an idiot. thanks hyrichter for telling me, i cant believe i missed that.

RavageFX
Years of Service
User Offline
looking good, i'll happily pay money for it

Dont eat a cheese at night. Or you'll meet me.
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "looking good, i'll happily pay money for it "

u dont know where to put your money eh?

and i think this IDE will be free.. is it re faze?

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 23:41 Edited at: 10th Feb 2006 15:57
there will be a full fledged free version, and a cheap version with all the goodies. hey i gotta eat too
im cleaning up the code,now, and trying to ensure that the dll dependencies are not still a problem.
Quote: "u dont know where to put your money eh?"

what are you trying to say?

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2006 03:28
will a dbc-> dbp converter thingamagig, just something that marks obsolete commands be usefull?

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2006 11:32
Yeah could be. You could even do one better by making your own replacement functions to do what the old commands done to include with the IDE.

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2006 15:16
that would be hard as i would have to account for things like the static commands and texture backdrop, tnl and other unreplacable stuff.

Siege1975
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2006 03:49
This looks great it's nice to see a good clean UI like that.

I would also like to see a DBC>DBPro conversion as well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 20:03:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 20:03:50