Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Swift Ide

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2006 04:52 Edited at: 12th Feb 2006 04:52
ahh sh[img]it just discovered that the exponential slowdown in the text coloring routine that i spent 6 1/2 hours stepping through instead of studying is due to the line numbering the text coloring routine is essentially instantaneous, its the line numbering that is the slowest part of the routine. took me hours to subclass for that too

JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2006 05:54
what are you programming this in again? VB or VB.net? or am i completely wrong?

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2006 06:06
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2006 17:16
ok rather than putting hooks into the richtextbox, that process unnecessarily (even if i direct it to exit immediately if i am coloring text , it still checks the messages because the hook is there, and this is where the bottleneck occurs, and it would be to slow to unhook and rehook every time you click)
im going to do one of the following: (get your pencils out kiddies)
A:

B:

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2006 07:31
[update]
nope its fixed, i figured out what i did wrong, and im back to the original subclass, but locking and unlocking pixels differently.

now the line numbering is so fast , that it put's john y's line numbering to shame, as it colors lines instantaneously even with over 16000 lines (as opposed to john y's ~5000)
intellisense, is in but is not as intelligent as it could be yet.
im adding in the dbc-> dbp converter,and will try to parse as many projects as possible, but certain things are just not possible, like texture backdrop.

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 05:54
does anybody think a progressbar for compile is necessary? somebody nagged me about this, but i think its wholly unnecessary but should there be an option to turn it on?

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
yes I think it's necessary, I like to see how long it will take to compile.

"Gangsters die, they don't go to heaven where angels fly!"
AMD Sempron 3.1+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI R9550 256MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live!, WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2006 22:01
it's nescessary so we can check if it's still compiling or if it stopped for some reason. (i've had that happen)

and I made a line numbering system in C#, that would only draw the lines displayed, during it's time, it was the best line numbered RTB for C#...
so if you still have problems, i can show you what I did.

This just in: White lab coats cause cancer in mice. Details comming soon.
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2006 23:36
oh i fixed the line numbering thing already, it pwns at over 12k lines whatever control is in synergy crawls at about 6000

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2006 04:33
I tried converting to vb.net using automatic conversion but there are so many hacks and speed workarounds used that the result produces over 100 errors most of which are because of subclassing and using the sendMessage 'as any' api.

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2006 15:48
Dude, there's NO WAY you can convert a large VB6 app over to vb.net. You're best either finishing it with VB6, or rewriting from scratch with vb.net.

/me mutters under his breath something about how good Delphi is because you can import an app written with Delphi 2 and it will usually work just fine with Delphi 2006 (10 years later.)

As for your line numbering, I've been playing around using the SynEdit control for Delphi (had to majorly modify it to handle multi word keywords) and with over 1000000 (that's one MILLION) lines of code, line numberings and syntax highlighting work nice and fast. It hangs for a while if you put a remstart at the top of your code though But scrolling around and normal syntax highlighting is *almost* just as fast as ever.

Oh, good luck with your IDE

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2006 21:51
its improved now but i didnt load it up yet.

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 21:42
I'll test out the next release, this looks like it's coming along nicely.

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 23:55
i would have released the newer one already but its not finished and i have things to do.

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2006 02:31
Take your time ... accuracy is more important than speed

Hayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 18:28
Sry...But what lang do u use? VB?

Mess with the bests, die like the restes!
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2006 19:51 Edited at: 14th May 2006 06:26
VB 4 life suckas!!!!

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2006 07:16
Im rewriting/porting this to c# for a few reasons
one: performance. If my code coloring routine is faster than synergy using vb6 than optomized .net code should be uber fast.
two: its starting to become a large collection of hacks, some of which im not sure how to bring into c# but ill try
three: im starting to like c#.

Bob da reaper
Years of Service
User Offline
good luck with c#, i'm currently trying to learn it. It's a lot like VB.net. If you need to you can write your IDE in both c# and VB.net, it's worth a try

I pwn n00bs - current project "Darkness Falls"
Pulsar Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
c# is the future ...

~Pulsar Coder
Bob da reaper
Years of Service
User Offline
it sure is

I pwn n00bs - current project "Darkness Falls"
Euphoria
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2006 13:14
Aparantly C# (.net) produces the same executable code as VB.net... So the benefits are mainly syntax and a few c# specifics.

But of course I don't always believe everything I read
ZKAT8IT
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually, C++.Net, C#.Net and VB.Net produce the same executable code once compiled. Theres only a few minor differences in the ILASM of each language once compiled. re faze: As for your "As Any" errors, just replace it to whatever you're putting into that parameter, I think it's usually an Integer or Long. I get that problem also when converting.

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 04:37
UPDATE!

I cant maintain this mass of hacks because im a full time student and I have a nearly full time job now. Im giving away the source, and you can ask me questions about any part but its yours to tear apart. have fun.
to john Y. Look at my native code coloring routine. It doesnt lock up on extremely large source files. (however it has about 1.5 secs latency) perhaps you can blend the two.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 17:36
I have completely digressed, I am free to answer questions though, so feel free to get me on aim msn or email as Ill be glad to explain the science of it. for now it is a working editor but its not great, just a few spiffy features.

John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 18:38
Cool job on making it open source, I downloaded it, but I don't have VB6. Are the folders with crazy names test projects?

Quote: "to john Y. Look at my native code coloring routine. It doesnt lock up on extremely large source files. (however it has about 1.5 secs latency) perhaps you can blend the two."

I don't have the source to my syntax component, but I prefer it because it lets me focus on other things, rather than trying to get a rich textbox to highlight words. Thanks for the offer anyway.

Get the new DarkBasic Professional IDE free until October!
Http://synergyide.thegamecreators.com
Http://omegabasic.thegamecreators.com
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 19:12
which one are you using?
and yeah this project needs to be cleaned up badly. it cannot be ported over to vb.net because of the massive hacks and api calls. sorry.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 07:23:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 07:23:58