Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / SpaceBattle Shootout

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2006 13:08
It looks pretty fun, but I can't play it because I can't see the enemies.

Tempest - P2P UDP Multiplayer Plugin - 70%
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2006 13:17
Quote: "It looks pretty fun, but I can't play it because I can't see the enemies."

Must be the contrast on your monitor then... I've just made the enemies alot brighter... So hopefully you can see the enemies in the next release

-The Nerd

Free Particle Engine for DarkBasic Pro:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=60141&b=5
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2006 14:54 Edited at: 20th Feb 2006 14:54
Okay problem fixed(Benjamin testet it)....

The download isn't updated, you will first be able to get this fix at next release.

-The Nerd

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2006 15:32
wicked update. i haven't tested it yet but i read about the mines. brilliant idea. are the enemies smart enough to avoid them if they can?

can i crash myself in the mines?
so yea cool update

HorizShootiz progress 1337% :/
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2006 15:39
Quote: "wicked update. i haven't tested it yet but i read about the mines. brilliant idea."

Thanks!

You can't use the mines in the current demo thought I have implementet them, and they are fully working, it's just not featured in the current update.

Quote: "can i crash myself in the mines?"

Nope. The reason I decided to make it this way, is because that when you start to get in the high levels, and many enemies starts to appear, it is impossible both to dodge the enemies, the bullets AND the mines... Besides... The game is in the future... So let's just say they recognize you, and therefore won't harm you

Thanks for the comment!

-The Nerd

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2006 19:49 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2006 19:50
Update

Long time since last update!
I don't actually got any screenshots to show... But the engine has growed so much, that it really is time to tell about it. The most importent thing is that the engine now use LUA scripting! Really useful! I've started working on the Training level. Going really well... And LUA is used with it. I've developed the engine so I can change something like the instructions coming on the screen, which media to load, and variouse of other things! Works really great too.

And then I've made a small component that will be a optional download. It's a update validater. It's there for one purpose... Check to see if any updated scripts are installed correct. Say that I update some of the LUA scripts in the game, and make them available to download. Then the user would have to install those new updated scripts themself... If this is done wrong, it could mess things up very badly. So run this program, and it will scan through those files that should have been updated. After then scan, it will return to you with the results! It's quite useful!

Then I've also giving some thoughts about what versions that should be avialable to download when the full game is getting released. I wanna make a light version and full version. The different? The light version have badder texture quality, and the training level is not included... This will make the file size lower, and fits perfect for users with modem The full version is kinda self-explanating... It got it all... And in the best possible quality.

That's all for now!

-The Nerd

Here
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2006 14:24
Quote: "And just to make a little diffrence, I tried using another background. They look so awsome! Thanks for that Scraggle!"

No problem ... if you need any more just ask, you know where to find me

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2006 14:30
Quote: "No problem ... if you need any more just ask, you know where to find me"

Hi mate! Long time no talk.
You haven't been on msn for ages... So if I need new backgrounds, is it okay if I email you then? I think it would be good with some new ones actually... Since the game is some sort of close to final release, it would be good to have more than 5 backgrounds. Since they change when you go to a new level, it ain't that varied in the end.

-The Nerd

Here
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2006 21:43
Man this game is total awesome , can't wait for the final demo.
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2006 23:47
Thanks for the comment Drew!

-The Nerd

Here
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2006 13:08
Quote: "You haven't been on msn for ages"

Yeah, I cleared out my contact list ... it was getting too large and most of the people I didn't talk to anymore anyway. I must have deleted yours by accident. I have just re-added you. So, if you need more backgrounds just let me know and I can get them to you

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2006 13:44
Great Scraggle!

The newest background you've made for me is now in-game! Here's a screenshot for you all:

Looks great!

-The Nerd

Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2006 13:50
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2006 14:36 Edited at: 5th Mar 2006 14:37
I'm a little confused! The backdrops I made are 1024x768 as per your request but the screenies are square!
What's going on there?

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2006 14:40
Quote: "I'm a little confused! The backdrops I made are 1024x767 as per your request but the screenies are square!
What's going on there?
"

I just resize the screenshots to 512x512 pixels... Else it will be too big for the post

-The Nerd

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 20:30 Edited at: 7th Mar 2006 20:34
Right... Now when this project is actually starting to come to an end... It may be good to show what's left to do, and what tiny features I may forgot to tell you about...

First of all... The training level is done!

What's missing:

- New Player Model.
- Optimatiation and last bug fixing.(If there is any I can do)
- Another Enemy.
- Fully Working Menu.
- More weapon upgrades and achievements.

And then there is the small features I may have forgotten to tell you all about... Like you can pause the game on the "p" button. And one of the new small features added is that the enemies will be ghosted in 1-2 seconds in the start of the level, so they won't hurt you by collision. This will make sure that a enemy just dosn't spawn on your position and damage you.

Right... As for the release plans, here's my thoughs...

There will be a light version and a full version. The light version will have reduced the texture quality, and the training level will not be included. This will reduce the filesize by quite alot! And will still have a game that you can play and have fun with. It would be ideal for people's with modems etc... Then there is the full version, which is quite self-explaining It got it all... And in highest quality.

That's all for now!

-The Nerd

Computer Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 20:40
Holy crap man that game looks rad!

Current Project - Jono's Maze(Open Source, 3d maze shooter)
Progress Of Project - 0.5%
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 22:39
Quote: "Holy crap man that game looks rad!"

Thanks for that comment!

-The Nerd

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 11:24 Edited at: 12th Mar 2006 11:25
Update

Finally the new playership is in! I think it looks pretty cool :

I would like some input whetever you like this ship or not... But still I think it rocks in it!

Things left to do before final release:
*Get the menu done
*Another new enemy
*As much bug fixing and code optimitation as I can
*More achievements and weapon upgrades

-The Nerd

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 21:24
Update:

Hi all! Some times since the last update!
Just wanted to tell that there is still progress on this game! And the final version should be out soon!

Today I got the new menu graphics implementet. Actually the menu is done...

I'm gonna add the last achievements, finish up the manual, and then release the final version!

-The Nerd

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 12:13 Edited at: 24th Mar 2006 12:14
Full Version Released

SpaceBattle Shootout final version has been released!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=74995&b=5

This thread will NOT get updated. From now on, everything releating to SpaceBattle Shootout will be posted in the announcment thread.

Please DO NOT post anything in this thread. Comments and criticts should now be posted in the announcement thread.

Thanks,

-The Nerd

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 14:25:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 14:25:29