Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Yet another question: glow

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello again

It's really fullfiling to see things working, where math and algorythms is concerned, but that doesn't appeal much to the end user.

So... and has a way of identifying the pieces the player is picking, I decided to add a little something to it: I made the pieces rotate, pulse (this was a cool one to do with scaling), scrolls with object textures, and some others.

While I thought it was nice, I thought that what I need there is a glow but I have no idea on how to improvise such a stunt.

Can anyone point me the way please? Or if you have any other visual idea, please share, I will be most thankful.

V

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 17:32
Hi,

This post may be useful...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=67151&b=8

Also DBP had a 'set object emissive' command, not sure if that is in DGSDK or if that is any use for you.

Hope it helps,
Cheers
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
void dbSetObjectEmissive ( int iObject, int iColor )

Tada! Thank you Lampton Worm. I haven't tried it yet, but I've been reading that thread and was reading the SDK chm file when I found this.

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 02:04:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 02:04:05