Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Hero and Weapon Contest Work In Progress Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
^ LOL great death star lol.
@Bizar Guy
wow, u r using 3d canvas to model, i find it really hard..u seem to handle it quite well...wow. lol nice model lol

Nack

DC got a name change.....^^...more info soon =]
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 15:57
And heres my W.I.P and think is ready.. Fast work lol.. I think i add some hair to yellow thingy..(Guess who he is lol..)

Well anyways i tried made some cartoon thingy but well you know i suxs on it

<DeleteD> by Cloudef

Attachments

Login to view attachments
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 16:00
Whoah Pacman with a roxors sword!! I like it!

A little update on my model...well, not really little, but anyway. The entire base texture is finished. I may add some other things later, but for now, its pretty much completed.

I'll add pics when his weapon is finished.

regards,
greenlig

Aust. Convention...get there!! http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=38799&b=2&p=1
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 16:10
Ow.. I need to change the sword i just remembered that i cant use finished models.. So i make new sword to the pacman

<DeleteD> by Cloudef
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 16:38 Edited at: 2nd May 2006 16:39
Wwwweaaaapon finished.

This is pretty close to the final product, only i'll be tweaking the textures a fair bit.

I give you, for the fisrt time in his entirety.....

NICKO LORD OF THE HAMMER!!

slightly unfinished....

Aust. Convention...get there!! http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=38799&b=2&p=1

Attachments

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 16:47
greenlig woah nice feelin to that character

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself &#63743;
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 17:03 Edited at: 2nd May 2006 18:06
yeah, well it just 'worked' first time my mental image, concept, model, and texture have come together at the table of brotherhood.

Look at him, he's smirking cause he thinks he's powerful...wow.

its a long way from my first model i must say.

[edit]

Rigged and posed. Just rendering now.

Total polygons is something like 4800. Under 7 i know, and not nearly enough detail for 5k, but hey, thats what you get!

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 18:13 Edited at: 2nd May 2006 18:13
Ok closed blender for the night, but here is one last image.

This is the dude posed trying to look tough ass. This isnt the final picture(it may be!) cause i want to try some stuff.

Regards,

Greenlig

Attachments

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 18:19
he is at "bunnings help desk" waiting for an upgrade to his hammer of thunderbolts, or hes an aussie waiting for a beer out of the eski, he looks thirsty

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself &#63743;
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 18:28
yeah well he got that hammer last week, and there were a few cracks forming already after some goblin crushing so he's back in line at bunnings. He couldnt find the thunderbolt option either, but thats another story alltogether!

Blender3D - GIMP - WINXP - DBPro
pacman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 18:56
here's my entry i think unless eny one has eny sugestions

i might delete the hammer

try my web site if you whant
www.freewebs.com/dbpmania/
its unfinished

Attachments

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 19:23
@Pacman, looks nice
@Greenlig, tis great
@Cloudef, I see this time you are entering as you said you would before, nice progress on it so far, good luck with the new sword

@Wigget, lol, how many times you tried to enter that one? I'm not as much of an idiot as I first appear to be

@Bizar, good progress, can't wait until block verse 2

Yey! I removed the sig...
A Llama called Dalai
Tinkergirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 22:35
Pacman, keep the hammer - it looks good on him What's that symbol on his tunic?
pacman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2006 22:37
lol thats not ment to be there uoops i added it as a joke beacous hes a super hero thats y its in the shape of an s

its unfinished
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 00:15
Quote: "wow, u r using 3d canvas to model, i find it really hard..u seem to handle it quite well...wow. lol nice model lol"

Thanks. I haven't tried any other modelers yet though, so I guess I had to figure it out if I wanted to make my own models. I still don't think I'm even using half of its tools, but I'm starting to get the hang of it...

Quote: "can't wait until block verse 2"

Heh, that wont be for a while. But you may see a lot of media for it soon here...

Just need to make the arms and hands and then I can texture and bone. I'm being carefull to model this so it will work well when boned. You may have noticed that the original BlockMan looked really strange in some positions...

541 faces so far.

danielp
User Banned
Posted: 3rd May 2006 00:21
These models look great!

@ greenlig : The only suggestion I can make is to change the jewel in his axe to green, rather than blue so it matches the other colours. Looks awsome already though.

danielp

danielp
Email - thegamecreators@danielp.e4ward.com
My Specs - 2047MB RAM | P4 3.4GHz | XP 5.1.2600 SP2 | GeForce 6800 256MB | Dell 230310 1600x1200 34x27cm
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 00:37
Quote: "Heh, that wont be for a while. But you may see a lot of media for it soon here..."

When you say 'here' I suppose you mean 'here' as in my competitions, well it would be interesting to see what happens when someone chooses a box modelling contest

Quote: "I'm being carefull to model this so it will work well when boned"

I have always been careful not to use the word boned, remember this forum contains people of an immature age, unnecessary giggles may be found

Anyway, out of curiosity, will this one be done in DBP or DBC?

Block man is looking great, better than the original, I like how you've kept the same style and feel to it

A Llama called Dalai
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 08:58
once again I got a really late start... hopefully I will be able to atleast enter something on this one...

quick wip...

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 13:53
@musashi: well ok so how about this one then??

hehe

@greenlig: Dude, sweetest model ever. if you don't make that into a troll smashing game i am gonna cry. check the monster competition for something it can fight. I got dibs on animating it.

I'm a bit too busy with my pilot show for this compo but make the next one cool enough and I will probably enter a non death star entry.

Syndicate remastered: Corporate persuasion through urban violence.
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 16:13
a troll smashing game isnt out of the question. The rigging is very bad though, and the model itself isnt too crash hot, but it looks good textured.

You can animate him if you want!

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 16:19 Edited at: 3rd May 2006 16:53
*edited as not to hicak thread

"oh wait that was the last comp. seriously though made this in two hours, it's rigged and all, about 1200 triangles, wasn't caring about polys as I was gonna export its anims to a 2d style game. No to be unmodest but this is my best work i think it freakin rocks. I had a can of v before i started so im animating it now on another can of v... I suggest a game where man meets metal, feature pirates vs vikings in mechs and on foot using out lovely assortment of compo entries... "

check out my mech thread for more info and a pic

edit2: LOL AT RUCCUS

Syndicate remastered: Corporate persuasion through urban violence.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 16:25 Edited at: 3rd May 2006 16:26
See Nutt.

See Nutt's Toy.

See Nutt Play.

...RUN NUTT, RUN!

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 17:16
lol good one ruccus, that made my day.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 19:18
@RUCCUS, I do not particularly approve as that model wasn't made for the contest, (Generally it has to be made specifically for the contest, but will allow entries that are made during the time as long as I feel it is okay) so I checked the date of the post it said 30th April, and the contest started 29th (30th officially) Personally I wouldn't see any harm on entering it, however I put the rule 'The entries must be made for the contest' (Some would argue that Bizar's entry isn't for the contest, however it is being made for the contest in the sense he is trying to win) I'm assuming, although it was made within the time limit, I don't think it was made for the contest itself, but I'm not an absolutist, you can enter it this time round.
Also, nice concept, its amusing, just make sure if you do enter it and with the Death Star, make sure you make it clear to the voters that it isn't your work.

@Wigget, okies, just don't try to enter the death star again, I doubt it will be funny next time anyway

Quote: "check out my mech thread for more info and a pic"

Will do

A Llama called Dalai
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 19:45
I only posted it because I'd thought I read a post with you saying I could

I am modelling it to win this contest, but I can see why it doesnt seem fair as my originial intent for the model was for an app, but in all honesty the minute I'd heard of this contest I switched my goal from making it low-poly game-oritentable to now currently adding in more detail and staying under the poly limit, and I also have a few other things I want to add to him as far as clothing goes, perhaps large boots or something like that.

If you or any of the contestants here have a problem with me entering it at all just say the word and Ill take it out, though like I said before it wont much matter since greenlig is raping the competition with is awesome model

The last thing I want to do is cause some controversy or unfairness in this comp.

- RUC'

PS: Oh I wouldnt be entering the renders with Wigget's models, t'was just a joke

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 21:04
well thats all I need, if anyone complains, then they are in no position to do so, as it is modelled for this contest rather than at the coinscidence, you're right no should be able to complain

Quote: "
PS: Oh I wouldnt be entering the renders with Wigget's models, t'was just a joke "

lol fair enough...

finally good luck with completing a final render, and well don't be put off by greenlig, it may be awesome, but it doesn't mean you can't beat him

A Llama called Dalai
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 22:08
Actually, I started modeling this blockman after seeing the contest with the contest in mind, but it is true I was planning on modeling him about now anyways, it was just a remarkable coincidence that hero modeling was chosen the same time I was planning to re-model one of the heroes I've made.

Quote: "When you say 'here' I suppose you mean 'here' as in my competitions, well it would be interesting to see what happens when someone chooses a box modelling contest "

Actually I just meant on the 3d board in general, but if there's another contest that as a remarkable coincidence as this one was, then sure, I guess I'll make it with the compo as my immediate goal, like as here.

Quote: "Anyway, out of curiosity, will this one be done in DBP or DBC?"

Probably dbpro, as if you follow my progress with BlockVerse on its old threads, you may notice that I've had a ton of problems with speed, and have run out of ways to optimize it. BlockVerse 2 will have far more to run each loop as it is, so I don't think I could feasibly do it in dbc even if I wanted to.
Also, I plan to take advantage of some of the shaders, as well as code a cut scene creator, which will need to be for dbpro so I can use it in my games afterwards.

Ill post new pic once I've textured and boned BlockMan, of him break dancing or something in dbc.
I'll also show pics of older blockman models for comparison.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2006 22:31
Quote: "Actually I just meant on the 3d board in general, but if there's another contest that as a remarkable coincidence as this one was, then sure, I guess I'll make it with the compo as my immediate goal, like as here."

no worries I was kidding around

Quote: "Probably dbpro, as if you follow my progress with BlockVerse on its old threads, you may notice that I've had a ton of problems with speed, and have run out of ways to optimize it. BlockVerse 2 will have far more to run each loop as it is, so I don't think I could feasibly do it in dbc even if I wanted to."

cool, it will look nicer in there, plus you got U6.0 to play with, speed shouldn't be a problem anymore, can't wait until I see it

A Llama called Dalai
ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 01:39
is it too late to enter ?

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 01:51
Entries not due till the 9th

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 13:16
Plenty of time, I'll be getting Hexagon 2 tomorrow (if my Dad doesn't suddenly changed his mind) So I'll try to get one done over the weekend

A Llama called Dalai
Jonny Ree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 16:49
Alright, I'm gonna join this contest as well. I dont know if I can make it on four days though.. so I may have to ask for a extension after this weekend.

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 17:28
damnit there i was thinking i'd win and now johnny is entering!!!

lol...

damn.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 19:15 Edited at: 4th May 2006 19:17
Quote: "so I may have to ask for a extension after this weekend."

Thats the second request, 3 including myself, so I'll extend the deadline to the 15th, so you have plenty of time to work.

so, to emphasise it to those who can't be bothered to read this post

DATE EXTENDED TO 15TH MAY[u]

[edit]
glad to see that you are entering Johnny, would be interesting to see what you come up with.

Greenlig, you can still win, just because Ree's toolset is more powerful and he is more experienced with them

A Llama called Dalai
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 19:42 Edited at: 4th May 2006 19:43

edit: duh.... Good see your still around Jonny...
Jonny Ree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 02:13
End of Day01: I've been busy today so cant say I've had the chance to do as much as planed. I started on the concept which I'm reasonable happy with. Not your traditional hero thats for sure but a heroic deed can be dealt by many. Anyway here is a wip on the concept to show progess as it progresses.

PS: thanks for the welcome everyone and yup still around.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 02:23
Quote: "
like I said before it wont much matter since greenlig is raping the competition with is awesome model
"

I take that back...

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 04:40
lol, yer, every time ive entered im on track to win then someone owns me with an uber model at the last minute lol.

Next time i shall make the demi-god of all modells!!

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 04:56
Lol Im surprised I thought that post of Nutt was rather funny

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 05:20
Heh, you know what the winner (probably Jonny Ree) should pic for the next compo? a Villin contest. That would really make my day.
Block Man is going well, I should be finished with him towmarow, and then it's off to do his weapon.

Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
^villian eh? not a bad idea.....LOL

but hands down, Jonny Ree is a god at design LOL. What software u use to do that?

Heckno one looks like a super hero! great model!

Nack

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 07:41
BlockMan is DONE. Just need the weapon now. 697 faces, compared to almost 900 in the less detailed and poorly modeled original.

and as promised,

Hell yes.

Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
^oh wow, nice model, in 3d canvas too!! LOL
his weapon will be a block isnt it? tell me it is!! "L33t blcok of d00M"

Nack

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 13:19
Quote: "Heh, you know what the winner (probably Jonny Ree) should pic for the next compo? a Villin contest. That would really make my day. "

I will as soon as I win

Nice concept art johnny, I love it

A Llama called Dalai
Jonny Ree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 14:46 Edited at: 6th May 2006 13:25
Bizar Guy: Good work on the boxman, very stylized ace looking.
And dont worry everyone, I'll mess up the model for sure.

Nack: OpenCanvas

Armoured slug
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 16:37
Been watching these for a while now and think its about time I took part(if I can make the deadline!)

So when you say hero with a weapon, I guess you mean any type of hero? si-fi, fantasy etc

Well alls looking good so far peeps, keep up the good work...
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 16:40
Any type of hero, even Mahatma Gandhi with his speech as a weapon, hmmm...that gives me an idea...

A Llama called Dalai
pacman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 18:37
nice model Bizar Guy

its unfinished
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 22:09
i might try something if c4d can boot up without crashing teh vpu

Theme park simulator wip boards

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 22:15
Quote: "i might try something if c4d can boot up without crashing teh vpu"

Thats strange...Cinema 4D is known for its stability and compatibility, I mean they seem to be always the first to get in for full compatibility support on new things.

A Llama called Dalai

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-23 02:56:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-23 02:56:32