Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Weapon Creation System EA Released!!!

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 19:42 Edited at: 4th May 2006 19:47
ok, first of all, i would like to say that this is an Early Adopter product. It benifits you by letting you get the product earlyer and cheaper than everyone else. It DOES have bugs, and thats why this is an EA, and not V1, because it isnt completely finished.

The EA version is $8.00 USD and you will receive a copy of Version 1 for free when it is released. After V1's release, the price will go up to $10.00

I want to stress the fact that this may be frustrating for some of you to work with, much like the FPSC EA, only whenever i make any major fixes or changes, you will get a patch right away.

now on to W.C.S.:

Weapon Creation System is an exelent tool for FPSC designed to get any model weapon ready in seconds. W.C.S. doesnt do anything you couldent manually copy over or do, it just does it much faster than manually doing it would Take you. And on top of that, some people dont even know how to make weapons, so this tool is very beneficial to them.

you can get it at:

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/wm.html

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 19:45
Oi! thats backwords! EA is suposed to cost more! But good to see you finaly got it out!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 19:51
Great work, Tim. Looking forward to using it. Be sure to throw up an Advert. in those 'other' forums

-Keith

Just One Old Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 21:07
Good looking stuff, Tim, just picked it up. Always nice work...

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 21:09
AAAGGHH!

Ali told me it would be free!!!

Well,still...Cool!

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120...
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 21:11
This should be in those other forums but I am sure there are those that disagree.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th May 2006 21:18
Forgive me, I have not been following this program. Does this create weapons (models), make them FPSC ready, or both?

Crazy Grandpa
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 21:19
I meant a different place entirely, Uman ...coughOGcough

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 21:47
Quote: "Forgive me, I have not been following this program. Does this create weapons (models), make them FPSC ready, or both?"

Quote: "Weapon Creation System is an exelent tool for FPSC designed to get any model weapon ready in seconds."

basically, it takes your models and puts them in FPSC, but ONLY weapons, if you want other entitys, check out E.C.S. Pro.

Keith, i will post on hose forums later, as for which board its in, i always post my stuff in the CHAT section, the models and media is too crowded, and it just gets buried.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 21:49
Has anybody asked the mods to create a sticky thread dedicated to applications such as this?

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 22:15
Out of curiosity, what demographic are you targeting with this? Because we don't need to be enemies, we could target our products at different users. From what I can see, W.C.S. is more 'Experienced user' oriented. While Weapon Creator facilities to the experienced users, the English-named stuff makes it simple. I'm curious, what do you see in WCS that would make it more buyable then WC? I’m not saying you’re program is bad, not at all! I’m just wondering how you think WCS beats WC. And, just to show I’m not asking without giving:

In the “Weapon Settings” dialog box, I noticed that ‘smoke’ is a checkbox. This should be a list box, as smoke can be 0, 1 OR 2.
In the Files\gamecore\decals directory, there’s two smoke folders smoke1 and smoke2. These are the different smoke options.

"I don't bite her, i just slobber on her" "I remember things as well as a retarded goldfish, who just swam through the chicago river"

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 22:32 Edited at: 4th May 2006 22:36
Quote: "In the “Weapon Settings” dialog box, I noticed that ‘smoke’ is a checkbox. This should be a list box, as smoke can be 0, 1 OR 2.
In the Filesgamecoredecals directory, there’s two smoke folders smoke1 and smoke2. These are the different smoke options."

Thats the exact reason this is an EA, in stead of a V1...i will check that out immediatly.

I never said we had to be enemies, i dont think ive ever posted in your thread at all.

The interface may look like its for advanced users, but if you read the full manual that comes with it, it explains every property in detail.

some of the main differences are the flat out ones,

its not a wizard, its a Weapon Creation System. I all most have the code ready to where you can open and edit existing weapons. you can also creat a hudicon, and positon the gun all in-editor.

Like i said, im not competing with you, if i really wanted competition, i would have released it a month ago when i finished it.

@everyone customers
when you receive your copy, i would like it very much for you to email me every little problem you find. i want this program to become more than E.C.S. did.

code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 22:43 Edited at: 4th May 2006 22:44
Quote: "I never said we had to be enemies"

I was just joking...

Quote: "make a hudicon, and positon the gun all in-editor"

WC supports Hud icons(will allow users to make thier own soon) and 3D positioning. So, as you can see, WC and WCS are fairly similar. Does WCS make Weapon Entity's and VWeps? Also, does it copy all the files to the correct directory?

I'm kind of cursed by my wizard layout, but there's a heck of a lot of options to pack into one screen.

"I don't bite her, i just slobber on her" "I remember things as well as a retarded goldfish, who just swam through the chicago river"

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 22:47
I am sure both versions have features we can use therfore I have bought WCS and I plan on buying Weapon Creator too.Thank both of you for your contributions to the FPSC community.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 22:50
Quote: "WC supports Hud icons(will allow users to make thier own soon) and 3D positioning. So, as you can see, WC and WCS are fairly similar. Does WCS make Weapon Entity's and VWeps? Also, does it copy all the files to the correct directory?"

yes.

there are several options.
there is MAKE WEAPON, which will take your FPSC default directory, and copy all the files over for the entity and GUN itself,

and SAVE WEAPON AS... which will allow you to select the directory of the files for those that will be selling theire weapons made with W.C.S.

There is also:
MAKE GUN
MAKE ENTITY
which automatically find the FPSC directory

And:
SAVE GUN AS...
SAVE ENTITY AS...
which let you specify

other options include:

EXPORT FPE
EXPORT GUNSPEC
EXPORT HUD ICON

which are pretty self explanitory.

op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 22:54
Is there anything that lets us choose a crosshair for each weapon?

Avaric Entertainment
Team Leader/Lead Developer
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 22:57
not in EA 0.1

but like i said, as soon as a major feature is availible or a bug has ben sqaushed, a patch will be sent to all owners imediatly.

an in-editor view of the gunspec, and crosshair support are on the top of my list.

op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 23:02
Awesome.

Avaric Entertainment
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 23:09 Edited at: 4th May 2006 23:12
I've got crosshair features.

Nice setup(The save options). All I've got is publish. Though I'm planning to include 'mirror' tools:

MuzzleMirror
BulletShellMirror
WeaponMirror

These allow the user make archieves of there custom made media in a special 'mirror'(pmf, pwf, and pbs) Which require a mirror program to 'unzip'. The reason this is better than just a zip or a rar, is:

A de-mirror is like a installer.
It displays a pack-seller customized license.
It copies all the files to the correct locations.

P.S. I'm not trying to highjack your thread, I'm just noting differnces and similarites between WC and WCS.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2006 23:39 Edited at: 4th May 2006 23:42
This looks excellent, one of the best "user" programs I've seen. I'll be buying this, especially now that I'm creating some weapons.

And I think I'll take a look at ECS while I'm at it, I've been making FPE the old fashioned way, but if its anything like this weapon utility, I think I'll buy it too. Great job.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
granada
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 00:12
Just brought it,it looks cool & who can moan for that money .

Dave

Windows XP Home 2002 Service Pack 2,1AMD Athlon(tm)XP 3200+ Barton 2.20 GHz ,1 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 256MB DDR
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 00:16
Bond,I've had ECS Pro for a while and it is great for importing entities.ECS Pro is the best entity importer around.You make up for the piddly amount you spend just in the time you save by using it.
Can't wait for the WCS download to get here.Just call me freakin' Rambo...lol.

FLa
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 00:58 Edited at: 6th May 2006 01:18
It looks great Bullshock, how long before my download?
Thanks

Good...Bad...but I'm the guy with the GUN!
Support your local Riker 9 Chapter
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 06:18
Bullshox... impressive.
If I may make a sudjestion based on what I see. Using a selection menu system for groupable items such as 'weapon audio' or 'weapon animations' would benifit the user.

By this I mean that you should have a selection menu that says 'Select' 'Dry Fire' 'Start Fire' and it associates the feilds with the selection made...

Just a thought

and sorry to hijack your thread... but just a reply
Quote: "Has anybody asked the mods to create a sticky thread dedicated to applications such as this?"

Well, a little over 2 weeks ago I posted a thread asking for these types of apps... I got 3 replies.

But the FAQ I was updating was going to cover as much as possible but because there are so many people who don't give a s*** I stopped.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
I Has Returned: Thanks for the feedback on ECS Pro there's not a lot of info on the website about it

I'll be buying both, pretty much a no-brainer for the cost.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 07:33
ECS Pro is cool.It can load models and textures in a variety of formats and it has a 3D view where you get a food idea of what your maodel will look like and it allows you to position,scale and rotate the model in realitme.
It has some other options,too.It comes with a electronic manual explaining how to use it and Bullshock is excellent about customer support.This program is a must have for anyone who is using FPSC.
I guarentee you will get you money's worth.

FLa
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 08:14 Edited at: 5th May 2006 20:36
BULLSHOCK 2,

Greetings. Looks great. I just purchased the EA from your site:

Transaction # 7GD210630J740724Y

Any idea on how long it will take to receive a link for DL?

I was looking at the screenies that you provided above:

There are typos in the second image:

SETTINGS/FREE VEIW/FIRST PERSON/CHANGE DIRECTORY'S

S/B: SETTINGS/FREE VIEW/FIRST PERSON/CHANGE DIRECTORIES

Being EA, there will be flaws. Just trying to help your program be as polished as possible.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 09:02
Agreed, Seth. Those changes make the app look more professional. With a degree in English I can safely say that correct spelling/usage always adds to credibility.

Avaric Entertainment
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 12:58
Hey, quick question before I buy... does it allow you to position muzzle flash?

"Guns for show, knives for a pro."
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 14:37
We bought 2 copys of ECS Pro (we were pretty happy with it, and always try to support Indy Developers), and just bought a copy of WCS as well. I'm gonna try out that gun I made awhile back. Tim's doing a great job; once he finishes this and possibly his character application, TGC should seriously think about putting it in a package with FPSC for sale.

-Keith

Ali razA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 15:48
First of all i want to describe my feelings about this GREAT Tool and about its Creator.
Bullshock is the only one in community that have brought two great and easy to use program for FPSC that make life very easier.
Bullshock has also told u, If you want to see some features then write them, As bull will try his best to implement them...
Pple are talking about Cross Hairs. YES Cross Hair SUPPORT will be added in V1 (I am sure) with a "FREE" library of CROSS HAIRS!!!
It will be a NICE OFFER with WCS...
If u want to make both programs more great then ever, JUST told BULL to about them...

3D, Software, Game, Multimedia, Wireless, Web & Graphics Services
Dont Forget to check my portfolio at http://www.warewriters.com/works
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 16:23
Can't wait for my download.

FLa
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 17:17
@I has returned

Why do you have a grammar error in your name?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 18:04
I have returned was so unoriginal.People tend to notice it this way.
I misspelled it on purpose.

FLa
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 18:05
I did think that it was a little strange, with you living in Indiana and all...

granada
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 19:34
Any news on the download .

Dave

Windows XP Home 2002 Service Pack 2,1AMD Athlon(tm)XP 3200+ Barton 2.20 GHz ,1 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 256MB DDR
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 20:04
I'm sure Bullshock will get us our downloads as soon as he can.
Customer service is one of his strong suits.

FLa
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 00:19
My policy for download links is up to 48 hours, but for those of you who have already purchased, you will receive your links tonight when i get home

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 00:48
Yes, they will *looks at Bullshox with, "that look"*
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 05:59
links have been sent out, if you bought it and didnt receive a link, please contact me with the email you used to purchase the product.

as for why it took almost 24 hours for a link, there were issues that i fixed at the last minute. i squashed quite a few bugs, but it seem sthat new bugs always form, so if anyone finds ANYTHING wrong with it, please let me know.

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 06:26
Your welcome!
Doom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 07:10
i think its an awsome idea, but i want to see like a free version im to cheap leave me alone.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 11:02
If you want a free version make your own WCS.He is only asking $8.00 or whatever that is in foreign cash.He has put a lot of time and effort into this and he is only selling it because he wants the money to buy stuff to make more FPSC type applications.I don't think you will find a free weapon creation program of any type in the near future.Weapons are complicated and making this application probably gave Bullshock nightmares.If you can afford it and you want to import weapons the way you want them in your game then take a crowbar,pry open your wallet and part with the cash.It's worth it.
This isn't the first thing I have bought from Bullshock and it won't be the last.He does good work and it is well worth the money.
BTW Thanks again for the download,Bullshock.

FLa
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 16:59 Edited at: 6th May 2006 16:59
Quote: "making this application probably gave Bullshock nightmares"

Thats why i released an EA, because FPSC has SOOOO many undefined properties for weapons and it is very picky on wht it crashes on...

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 20:11
Fo rthose of you that have purchased it, please email me any bugs that you have found, or any crash errors.

It is very important that you report every little thing, so that this can be a perfect product.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 23:10
Hey Bullshock. You email kept getting sent back to me, so I'm posting here, but tell me when you've read it and I'll delete it,so as not to take up loads of space!!

I've been playing around with WCS for the last few days. I really like it (i think I still prefer to do things manually, but it sure is a useful tool.)

I guess you know that the program's strengths, so I'm gonna cut to the chase and offer some suggestions. Don't get me wrong, I just figured that it's the EA and you need feedback.

1. If you try to overwrite a weapon, it'll crash with an object does not exist....etc.

2. Is there any chance of being able to rotate the weapon model in the editor? If my gun is facing the wrong way, I have to rotate it in Maya and import it again.. Just a little thing but it would improve functionality.

3. This is my most essential feature... you need to be able to see the muzzle flash in the editor. This would considerably speed up workflow.

4. Finally, I think the key sensitivity for moving the gun is too high. I prefer to type the values myself, so it wasn't really a problem, but tapping left for a milisecond jumps the gun 5units left.

Anyway. Dont take this as a negative message, I really like the tool, and appreciate the (obvious) long hours you have put into it. Hope the constructive criticism helps.

Get back to me..
butters.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 23:19
I would like to be able to rotate my weapon,too.
You're doing a good job with this.Keep up the good work.

FLa
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 00:11
Could someone do a step-by-step tutorial on how to use WCS.Apparently I can't figure out how to use it.
I get the error seen in the pic below...

FLa

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 00:12
And this one in this pic...
Any help would be appreciated.
It may just be me and my stupidity...lol.

FLa

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 01:12
i get that too. and sometimes i do the exact thing twice, and the second time theres no error?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 03:54:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 03:54:44