Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Bomb Roller 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 19:16
If you want to make it even better, you could have a special 'time challeng' where the bomb has a fuse (and some nice particle sparks) which gradually burns down, until it blows up. You have to get to the end before it blows up! Coins could make the fuse longer.

Here is an idea how to do it:

Have a thin white cylinder (black at one end) horizontally through the bomb, with particles at it's end, which you gradually slide into the sphere. Collecting a coin would make it slide back out a bit. (eg. give the impression of the fuse burning away).

You should add it for when the person has got bored of playing the levels normally, to add a bit more challenge and addictiveness.

Diggsey

PS
I love the game!

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
That's a good idea! When finish everything else, I will add that. Thanks

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 19:31
Looks cool,although when on a boost tile,i'd suggest to let the bomb rol faster too,as it looks a little more realistic then.

...No Signature here...
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
I does I have always had it that way, but I noticed that it was messed up just yesterday, so I fixed it.

Do you think it should rotate faster?

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 20:08
I havent played the game,when recording speed may fall down,but at boost it should rotate faster.

...No Signature here...
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't really understand what you're saying. I just checked, and it rotates fine, and rotates relative to the speed it is going. You should be able to see it in the video.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 20:23
I meant this:

Sometimes a video Capturer slows down some processes of the games,so when you see it it doesnt come out OK,but it looks OK on the video.

...No Signature here...
Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 05:09
Nice. I just played (and completed) Bomb Roller 1, and saw that it was good. I almost threw my computer out of the window on level 13, but it was still good.
This is looking a lot swisher. You should maybe rotate the bomb 45 degrees to the right so that the stalk bit doesn't go through the ground when it rolls forwards.

You'll be able to click on this someday.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 05:38 Edited at: 27th Nov 2006 05:42
Quote: "I almost threw my computer out of the window on level 13"

Me too

Anyways, looks great UFO, I'll download the demo in a sec...

EDIT: Checked out the demo, I find it kinda difficult to use that view. Other than that the new explosion is pretty cool

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2006 12:41
I downloaded the demo and it was pretty good! It'd be cool if you had the floor and wall tiles look a little more creative though, like if you had them all seem linked in a way. Maybe the floor could be stones and the wall could be bricks, etc. But that's entirely up to you. The only thing I would change is that I would make the bomb disappear during the explosion

Otherwise, great job!

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Quote: "This is looking a lot swisher. You should maybe rotate the bomb 45 degrees to the right so that the stalk bit doesn't go through the ground when it rolls forwards."

Sure, I will do that.

Quote: "I find it kinda difficult to use that view"

What do you mean, Airslide?

Quote: "I downloaded the demo and it was pretty good! It'd be cool if you had the floor and wall tiles look a little more creative though, like if you had them all seem linked in a way. Maybe the floor could be stones and the wall could be bricks, etc. But that's entirely up to you."

I have it set up so each level can have its own textures so it can have themed levels, etc. The current ones won't be used in all the levels.

Quote: "The only thing I would change is that I would make the bomb disappear during the explosion "

It doesn't? I guess I didn't hide the object until after I released the last demo, because it disappears for me.

Since I am working on UFO Shoot-Em-Up for the Nvidia competition, I won't be working much on this, so it will be very slow progress until around February.

Quote: "Nice. I just played (and completed) Bomb Roller 1, and saw that it was good. I almost threw my computer out of the window on level 13, but it was still good."

Yeah, bouncy land can get evil. You have to memorize where to go without bouncing into the holes

Again, thank you for the replies

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Super Bump!

A week ago, I decided to start working on Bomb Roller 2 again. So far, I have added trap tiles (tiles that look like the ground tiles, but fall apart when you run over them), and ramp tiles. I also added another camera angle. Here are some screens:

The first screen shows the trap tiles. Since they are supposed to be hard to see, you may have to click on it to see the large version.

Right now, I am improving the tiles, like making the trap tiles fall apart when running over them instead of just falling through them, etc.

Here is the updated To-Do list. Almost time for demo!

TO-DO
-Done
-Working on
-No work done

Load levels with only floor tile
Player movement
Wall tile
Bounce object
Multiple levels (using bounce tile)
Explosions
Make playable (prepare demo level)
Demo!!!
Magnet tile
Fire tile
Water tile
Trap tile
Ice tile
Sand tile
Ramp
Improve tiles
Add sounds
Prepare demo
demo!
Make Levels
Add Menu
Get beta tested
Fix any loose ends

Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2007 16:38
Nice. I itch for more bomb roller. I also want to play that rotate-o-turret scrolling shooter thingy of yours, but one thing at a time.

You'll be able to click on this someday.
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2007 17:00
Yay, UFO is back. Hope to see you get this one finished. The first bomb roller was fun and this one should be to.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2007 18:08
Cool your continueing it!

*YAY*

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 18:56 Edited at: 1st Apr 2007 18:57
Yay thanks sorry for the delay. I forgot I posted.

I have been getting a lot of homework from school, so I don't usually have much time to work on it.

Quote: "
Nice. I itch for more bomb roller. I also want to play that rotate-o-turret scrolling shooter thingy of yours, but one thing at a time."

. Thanks! I haven't cancelled that scolling shooter, but I haven't touched it since I stopped working on it. I might get back to it though.

I haven't added anything visual to Bomb Roller, but in the code, I have made the tile/map stuff much more flexible. I have been using Alien 001's map editor:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=60675&b=5

And to make it easier for me and others to make levels, I made the tile images smaller versions of the normal tiles:

But I am going to have to make a whole new level because I changed the map codes. But that's not that big of a problem.

I also added some more tasks that I am going to have to do before I release the demo, like making diagonal tiles, to make the levels look smoother.

I also added sounds. But I am having trouble finding a sound for the sand tile. Does any of you know of a good sound to use?

TO-DO
-Done
-Working on
-No work done

Load levels with only floor tile
Player movement
Wall tile
Bounce object
Multiple levels (using bounce tile)
Explosions
Make playable (prepare demo level)
Demo!!!
Magnet tile
Fire tile
Water tile
Trap tile
Ice tile
Sand tile
Ramp
Improve tiles
Add sounds
Diagonal Tiles
Clean up tiles part
Re-make level
Prepare demo
Demo!
Make Levels
Add Menu
Get beta tested
Fix any loose ends

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 19:10
This looks really good ufo.

I'm curious, do you have any plans for the background? It seems to be the only particulary lacking area.

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks

I don't have any plans on the backgrounds, but I will add them. I just got rid of the old one because it was distracting.

Each level will have its own background and tile images, so you can have themed levels. The code is already set up for that. So the current tile images are place holders, or are only going to be used in a few levels.

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 22:58 Edited at: 1st Apr 2007 22:59
Hey it's back!

Lol... our games are becoming remotely similar...

Anyway, I can't remember--- is this being made in DBC or DBPro?

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Its being made in DBC.

And they're not that similar, but I quess they are a little

Coder#05
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 02:42
Are you still working on this ?
Hope you are!

easy comes easy goes
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
No. Sorry. :-(

I had to transfer all my things to another computer, because the other one was getting really slow and getting old. I would start programming again, but I am going to get a new computer soon (I've been borrowing someone else's computer), so I don't want to get settled in just to have to change computers again.

Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2007 03:41
ahh man. i'm sorry. i just got a new computer,too i'm using it. and i haven't transfered any of the files yet, but yeah sometimes iwork on newprojects.

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
I have decided to stop working on Bomb Roller 2 because of some serious errors in the game engine, and because I really, really don't want to work on it anymore.

I am also not going to start on anything else for a while.

I have had some plans on a adventure game for a while, so I might work on that when I feel like coding again.

Sorry...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 01:05:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 01:05:58