Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Maze Runner 3d v0.5. Full Game!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 21:45
Quote: "I hope it works out! I hate collision detection too!Well If you ever need help on it ill be glad to!"

...never trust me on making a project.if i cant finish it due the time i need,i stop with it for a long time..and then upgrade it later.

1)Third Person would be cool
2)Rules?I HATE RULES!
3)difficult...my "General" view isnt something i can explain within a few sentences.but DBP doesnt ever like my idea's...

I am the warrior Maximilious.One of the Assasins of Guild Wars...
The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
THat was a quick reply. Third person would be good. But I have no idea what kind of characters ill be modlling and rigging. Ill probaly make it modable.But as it takes me some time to model characters I want to make sure that its worth the time. So if anyone has any ideas of whether the characters should be humans monsters etc. what kind of humans monster etc. you get the idea.
I have some ideas. ill draw ups ome concept art. anyone with an idea feel free and shout it out! thanx max!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 21:55

Uhm,why not implenting like America's Army?

enemy is ALWAYS monster.you always are human.when in other client.its the same.

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
soundz like a good idea! what I really need is some ideas for what the character models should look like.heres the axe with some simple Uv mapping.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 22:15 Edited at: 4th Sep 2006 22:16
i cant draw characters...

IDEA!

___
(o.o)
---
| /
|/
|
/
/

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 22:16
AWW stickman is screwed...

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 22:23 Edited at: 4th Sep 2006 22:29
lol, im goin to work up some drawings later for some characters.I will also have a scripting system for you to add in your own characters and effects. So I could leave it up to you whether you like the default characters and weapons and what not.Todays been strictly a modelling day for the game. As I think of how the battle system will work. Im goin to prototype with DarkAI before going online and Lan as my online system is being reworked to tempest from the built commands.By the way what do you think of the axe?

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 22:26
Nice axe!

oh,BTW.today?the da y is over here!

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 22:28 Edited at: 4th Sep 2006 22:28
oh I live in the states its still the afternoon.lol

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 22:28
Damn your fast.

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
yea,lol I was figuring youd reply fast.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 22:35
uuhm...

w\e.

Well.bedtime in a min...

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow!!! just noticed how many posts are on this thread.lol Making good progress on the models. Working to get a library of weapons to use in the game.

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Got school tommorrow so things are going to get crazy. Ill still make progress. But with time of course. Thanx everyone for showing intrest in my game! This is of course still a wip and it will be that way for a while. SO bare with me between updates.Thanx everyone!

Spopovich
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking good I like that battle axe. I wanted to get better at modeling this summer but... it never happened and I go back to school on thursday. So for no apperant reason I decided to make a hammer. Though it stinks, your welcome to use it though I doubt you will want to. I figured I would just throw it out there.

Do not ask what the forums can do ask what you can do for the forums.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2006 07:28
havent looked at the hammer yet,but...

ARRAYinator,i already got school for 1 week...and it doesnt hold me from my computer!MUHAHAHA

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone! im back from school,lol

@Spopovich Ill download it now. I appreciate the contribution.

@Accel It doesent stop me niether just saying the school part is what eats up my day,lol. Would you guys like a dungeon demo? just to show dungeon generation no game. While im making the game models for a few days.Im not going to be coding again probaly until friday.Ill continue to model in the meantime. Ill post new model screens in a little while . Thanx guys!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2006 22:42
Dungeon generator NEVER made rooms,and you posted right on the moment i had to go to bed(Didnt had time to model today...darn you stupid teachers with theyr secret weapon: Homework)

(""(o_o)(""
The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Dungeon generator NEVER made rooms,and you posted right on the moment i had to go to bed(Didnt had time to model today...darn you stupid teachers with theyr secret weapon: Homework)
"

Dont exactly know what you said when "Dungeon generator never made rooms" as my Generator in its own context makes rooms of a similar size maybe you mean perfectly shaped rooms with one entrance and exit. But mine has at the minum one and most of the time two.That can be changed of course. Let me know!Let me know guys if you want it. I can post it. Im doing homework at the sametime as posting this,lol I hate it to accel!Thanx everyone!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 07:48
i thought the latest update already had Dungeon Gen,so thats what i meant.

(""(o_o)(""
The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 13:51 Edited at: 6th Sep 2006 13:52
Oh,sry guys let me make this clear the last update was the original Game! really sorry. The dungeon genertor was never relaeased yet. Im really sorry. I posscreenshots of it a little while back accel,take a look.heres a screen:

The Wilderbeast
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 15:17
looks real good...downloading now.

The Wilderbeast
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 15:17 Edited at: 6th Sep 2006 15:18
looks real good...downloading now.

oops, sorry, dunno why it posted twice?

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 17:49
Arrayinator,it generates rooms,but on the edges...that isnt good is it?

(""(o_o)(""
The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
okay ill post the dungeon generator in a few minutes. This will clear up confusion. the download currently is just MAZE RUnner the original type game not the DUNGEON generator. just to make that clear. Thanx everyone!

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok here is the really early version of the Dungeon generator. ONLY The DUNGEON GENERATOR.As I put this together quickly it uses the same menu so just click new game to run around the dungeon.

@accel I know about that! Im trying to work it out. But for now it looks nice.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Any one look at it? I know its not much. Im doing my best to get stuff done. I have been so busy lately! The weekend will be a good time to work on it. But it seems so far away. Im working on coding my own shaders for the game. So watch this thread!Thanx!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2006 07:47
i looked at it,it was quite cool.but for a dungeon,its a little too much ambient lightning...

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2006 19:13
Yeah it was nice (I really want to know how you made that maze) but a little too bright. If it were darker it's be even better!

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
I could write a tutorial if you want.I was planning on it Anyways. Ive been really busy ill do the best I can to continue to make progress.Thanx guys!The bad lighting is a bug by the way. the shader doesent respond to lighting.So i must figure it out.

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2006 05:49
You can lower lighting brightness within the shader.

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2006 13:36
A tutorial would be awesome! If it uses memblocks it wouldn't help me though. Anyway, write the tutorial if you want to or if you've got the time.

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
@xenocynthe I will look in to it. had no time lately. I was actually reading up on writing HLSL shaders anyway so should be pretty easy.

@sixty squares Ill write one definetly but itll probaly take me a while maybe a week or two.

@Everyone Good news development on the game has not stopped. IF you were wondering. when I was sitting in school waiting for the bell to ring I started thinking about the game and I started prototyping an AI system that can also be used in conjunction with DarkAI to create more realistic learning on the enemys part. It doesent even need DarkAI but I have it so... Anyways thanx for all your help and comments.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2006 18:04
He returned!YAY!

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea sorry about that. I have been doing a lot this week.lol Don't worry im not abandoning the thread,lol

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2006 18:53
Cool,im busy too...Altough i hate being busy...

i always forget my homework then!

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2006 20:11 Edited at: 10th Sep 2006 20:11
I think you've used about 2000 exclamation marks in your posts for this thread alone Accel . Someones a bit excited. (Also, you might want to limit your small message posts back and forth, it usually doesnt go over well with the mods, save it for MSN or AIM).

Anyways, its looking good, might want to concider changing the media from the stock shader media that came with the pack though

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120...
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2006 20:29
Quote: "I think you've used about 2000 exclamation marks in your posts for this thread alone Accel . Someones a bit excited. (Also, you might want to limit your small message posts back and forth, it usually doesnt go over well with the mods, save it for MSN or AIM)."

im just a kid,just a kid,and im exited alot...(Not sexualy meant...)

its just im sortof,well.HYPERACTIVE.

i still cant control it 100%,but i can for 34%...

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok guys im back! Ive been really busy but im planning on starting again. I hope I havent disappointed anyone. Things have been really crazy. IM going to work on the battle engine now so that I can show you some progres soon.

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone! I need to set my priorities straight. I have 3 projects and I have to decide on one to work on. This is one of them and Im considering working on it again and doing all the multiplayer stuff etc. but im not going to do it if its not a game everyone would like so if you want me to continue this project please post.Thanks!

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2006 19:42 Edited at: 8th Dec 2006 23:53
Hi everybody! decided to open up the source again this afternoon and I actually have got something cool for the game working. Including a new smart camera that cactches the good angles of the maze which will be good for the battle engine which im currently working on some new models I also worked on timer based movement and I new randomly generated city system to make things more intresting. So heres a pic of the new camera system and ill keep posting my progress. Id like to here your feedback again on what should be in the game etc. so that I can make the game the best it can be. Thanks!

Heres one with a test model:

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 17:20
Looks quite nice,

cant wait for more nice screenshots and updates as always

...No Signature here...
Blakmagik
Years of Service
User Offline
How do i get it?
Blakmagik
Years of Service
User Offline
i'm an idiot. yea i found the huge red download button!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 14:17:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 14:17:52