Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator 1.03 RC1 here

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
! D:\The Game Creators\downloads\fps_creator_1.03_rc1.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.
I realy don't know how you guys are getting this to install but I'm going through hell trying to get the darn thing out of the shell as it is. I'll just wait till its done. Ho well. Finaly a save/load. Thank you Mr. Bamber.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2006 19:53
Have you tried using WinRar to unzip it?

DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2006 21:07
Winzip, 7-zip, winrar etc.
Quote: "
And please check the file size at the end of the download, it's most likely that the download broke at half or something."

My love is seperated in 2 parts, 1 of them is 3ds Max 7, the other; FPSC.
traynor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2006 21:44
this works as i couldnt download from this site either!

Mirror:
http://mihd.net/5.2129/fps_creator_1.03_rc1.zip.html

link provided by Candles Games

traynor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 01:45 Edited at: 17th Sep 2006 01:54
yea i have a bug 4 u!

ok so to include save/load in your game you need to give the project a new name in the build menu, ok i did that, sometimes it works sometimes it dnt! when it doesnt it freezes and i have to close the program via task manager! then when i start it freezes on the splash screen (see screenshot1).

Screenshot1:

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/5388/erroruf6.jpg

I can fix this but i need to uninstall version 1.03 then goto the setup file on version 1.0 and click repair! then it pops up with this:

Screenshot 2:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9145/error2ha5.jpg

To restore it i have to click reboot so it reboots my pc!

If i dnt click reboot and i click ignore i get the same freeze at splash screen as screenshot 1.

So i belive v1.03 does something bad to map editor.exe!

reply or email me if you need any more information

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 02:27
traynor, that is not a v1.03 bug, that is a problem that has been from the beginning. Read my instructions a few posts above and close both of those through taskmanager and you're fine.

To fix your first problem there was no need to uninstall the patch at all. V1.03 doesn't do anything bad the the map editor, the problem has been there since v1.0

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
traynor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 02:32
o right! well its only just begun happening scince i installed v1.03, am on v1.0 now and its running perfectly!

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 03:50
Lon,

Quote: "It looks like dynamic physics objects that are in motion during a save get ignored by the engine physics and collision wise upon re-loading a game."

I can kinda confirm that - when I kill some enemies which have the command to leave behind their weapon on death for a player to pick up the weapon does not fall to floor but hangs in the air - in this situation it has nothing to do with the save/load but just happens anyway - of course when you do save and load the level the weapon is still hanging in the air and has not fallen to ground.

Enemies however that have the body left in place on death - on reloading of a saved level they have dissapeared - it seems that the save/load feature saves correctly all other entity data but by default removes dead bodies whether or not that is the chosen option by the level designer.

By this token of course if you killed 20 enemies and their dead bodies were scattered around a level and at some stage exited the game to restart later all those bodies would be removed and the level not quite looking the same as when you left it.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 05:16 Edited at: 17th Sep 2006 09:26
Hmm... okay... I think that Lee has physics interaction issues with the save game. (hears the crys of 'duhhh'), now is the time to answer 'why'.

We already know from the 'Who needs a Jetpack' thread which revealed a bug which can occur if the player picksup a box that he is standing on. You can translate this into the current issue by suggesting that physical forces are not saved, you can also hyphothisis that physics is not run EXCEPT on startgame or if another object interacts with them.

This theory explains lons problem with the floating TNT box, yet the flying barrels defys that theory, instead, it appears that an omni directional force was introduced into the savegame file. (You can see which barrels moved where). It is my guess that this force is actually the barrel exploding, the explosion caused the barrels to fly across the room...

HOWEVER, the two barrels by the staircase seem to have barrly moved, this might indicate that they were trapped, or the explosions are plr relative.

This has been a Merry Update, bringing long rants to you!

Curses the fact that the thread has 2 pages...

Quote: "Hard to re-find: if you quick save during a door is opening, when you load, the door will be closed, and it will be a bit hard for it to re-open (click use several times). It happened only 2 times, i tried to re-do to see better the bug around 7 times, like i said, only 2 times happened."

Script error, pressing enter twice will do it. Correction would be rather hard, instead there should be a 'setsavedstate' command, that would make the door be open after it saves.

@Airslide... lol, old lee is adding features that we all want and not telling us?

Wisemen are hard to find, they are tarnished by sayings and quotes that are not of their true nature.
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 06:51
Shaka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 07:23
is this file safe to download on ur comp.? is there like any virus's or any thing on it? cause i just got rid of all of mine.

Project Venom......Coming 2007
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 07:30
I think your safe downloading anything I post.

tj990
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 11:57
thanks ben,
anyway will there be a final version of this update??

[/img]
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 14:27 Edited at: 17th Sep 2006 15:26
Quote: "Save executable now keeps the entity textures that use built-in texture filenames"

i havnt tried entities, but this doesnt work with weapons

many thanks for the update

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 17:50 Edited at: 17th Sep 2006 17:50
Curse the forums... directed me to the wrong thread

Wisemen are hard to find, they are tarnished by sayings and quotes that are not of their true nature.
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
IT WORKS!! finally, the long wait is over i might have to dig up my old medieval pack and make something with fpsc when i finish my other game thanks for the update...

Tíhí..
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 00:38 Edited at: 18th Sep 2006 00:39
ok ok ok, I know this is for bug reports, but I don't really know where I can voice this and get heard by the right people. so here goes.

I'm aware of how much work goes into each of these updates, and I'd just like to say that empty's source update has provided some very valuable (and bug free) features. It would be so helpful to many users if some of his source edit could be implemented along with the saveload update. Even if they don't include all of Emptys updates, commands such as

setsyncrate=

and

settargetname=

have gone a huge way to supporting allies and allowing high end machines better frame rates.

Surely these commands are incredibly important and should be implemented in Lee's update?

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 01:47 Edited at: 18th Sep 2006 01:48
Butter fingers,

This is the second time I have said thank you in the last two minutes in different threads.

Thanks for listing the specific suggestions.

Lee I am sure will be taking note of this thread and its content. Knowing that he has the best of intentions for FPSC I am sure he and TGC would or will include anything that can be included to enhance important aspects of FPSC as and when its possible for them to do so if that fits in with their overall aim and development.

Your request suggests that the fps cap be removed so that fps can be machine independant - thus far Lee has not seen it to be acceptable to acceed to such a request from any quarter including many similar requests from myself. Neither as you know will TGC comment on their reasons.

I cant say if it would be a good thing or bad overall or if it would make things better or worse in everyones individual case until it was done and extensive testing was to follow. I must therefore presume that Lee and TGC know best for one reason or another unkown to myself or other users. I would however doubt its all as easy as it would sound as I do know that very little is easy to impliment inside FPSC without there often being an impact elswhere on other areas of it. Much testing and bug fixing therefore is a price to be paid for most forward development. As we see with the latest releases though the latest one is realtively stable as extensive testing was done with it - this is the nature of the beast as it were - more dev - more likelyhood of more glitches even if minor ones creeping in. That is part of the whole parcel.

Anyway go for it I say. Hows the saying go "If You Dont Try You Will Never Know" or something along those lines.

Keep your chin up.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 02:06
despite everyone saying "press f6 for quicksave" for me it does no such thing, i get the load game menu, with the slots, though no saving

any help guys?

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " though no saving"

strange, everything works with me...

Tíhí..
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 04:00
When you click on "build game" you have to click on new.
Make no adjustments to the menu.
You can still choose which levels you want,textures and the other build game settings.
If you want to make adjustments to the menu do it in the setuplevel.fpi that is in the built game.
If you make any adjustments to the menu it will not work.
The first time I tried it I just changed the skyband and adjusted the ambience...and it didn't work.
The second time I left the menu screen alone and it worked.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 04:01 Edited at: 18th Sep 2006 04:03
Jon Fletcher,

F6 works as quicksave correctly for me too. Seems rather strange that you have the load game menu pop up.

Sounds like things are mixed up somewhere along the line.

I know you are intending only to report this as a bug - and this is just a suggestion that may help you in the mean time.

Have you checked the setup .ini and other script files that contain menu, game start and save load info in them in your game.exe folder? Perhaps they are not correct if FPSC has not saved the correct info out on game build? Just wondering what you have there as you should be able to read in there which key is told to do what if you open them in notepad.

You could compare them to the default ones relative to the default mygame which V1.013RC1 should have updated hopefully correctly with the new save/load feature info.

If those read correctly then and your game.exe versions differ then you may be able to amend your game.exe vesrions or simply copy any necessary ones from the default mygame folders into your own final game.exe folder and that should in theory fix it. Doing that works just fine for me as thats what I have done myself anyway and I have not changed things in the build game options - but rather did it manually as suggested.

Hoewever if both the versions in your folders are exactly the same and correct then I dont know what to suggest. If the mygame versions are incorrectly referencing the incorrect keys then I guess the installation is bad somehow and you could try installing the update again.

Just a few Ideas - you probably already knew what to check for anyway and may already have looked at these things?

Good luck with that. I hope you get a fix quickly.

EDIT : and what FredP said.

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 04:59
where is emptys source update? as I did search, I cannot seem to find it.

http://www.mk83productions.com http://www.freewebs.com/mk83
Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 14:40
Yea... where is the source update?

Sorry for my bad inglish!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 14:57
His source mod is here (the top sticky in the FPSC Showcase!)

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=87488&b=25

Needless to say this is nothing to do with the 1.03 Update this thread is based on (but is an extremely cool bit of game source modding all the same).

"Bite my shiny metal ass" (Futurama)
"Don't ping my cheese with your bandwidth" (Dilbert)
Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 22:38 Edited at: 18th Sep 2006 22:39
When I add a new entity to a map I created in v1.0 and try to test the map (with 1.03 RC1), I get this error, which crashes the program:

When there's
no more room in HELL
the dead will walk the EARTH

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 22:53 Edited at: 18th Sep 2006 22:55
totally unrelated... i got that message sometimes when i used fpsc.. there isnt anything wrong with the program, there might be some files missing..

Tíhí..
Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2006 23:01
It's not unrelated. I have uninstalled the patch and used v1.0 and it works fine. I reinstalled the patch again and it does the same thing.

When there's
no more room in HELL
the dead will walk the EARTH
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 00:03
me too! I get the same error, but only on a few secific maps.

And Rick,

It's wicked to see you guys have taken an interest in Empty's source!

tj990
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 01:16
I found a bug,
when u kill someone and then save the game,when you load the enemys are still alive!!

There should be a final version of this update with least bugs possible.

-Tj
[/img]
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 01:23
Not with the games I've tried, destroy them, save, load and they were gone at my games.

GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 01:52
@rich

is theire any chance empty's mod will be incorperated into the update? he said he sent lee the source...

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 04:26
Great question.

http://www.mk83productions.com http://www.freewebs.com/mk83
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 11:30
i hope it is
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 12:38
Please send any bugs with load save over to Lee to look at. Make sure you zip up any test levels that can show the bug up and ensure all media is included. He is reached at lee@thegamecreators.com

@ Walking Dead Productions - please send Lee your level and a clear explanation of what happens with and without the patch.

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 14:55
Quote: "His source mod is here (the top sticky in the FPSC Showcase!)

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=87488&b=25

Needless to say this is nothing to do with the 1.03 Update this thread is based on (but is an extremely cool bit of game source modding all the same)."

So... you used his modification to make this update? will us be able to get the source? sorry for my bad inglish...

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 15:02
Quote: "So... you used his modification to make this update?"

No, we didn't. Although very cool Malte's system was also very simplistic, and did not really save anything except basic player stats and weapons. No level data would be stored, and you can only save to one fixed slot.

When we release the final 1.03 we will of course release the source code too, but not until then. At that point if someone wants to add the other nice features from Maltes system into the 1.03 code base (like the wireframe toggle for example), they could do so.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 15:19
Now here's the BIG QUESTION we're all wondering about, but no one dares to bring up..... were any of the updates based on Riker9? Everyone still wondering what ever happened to it. Since it claimed save/load features and some of the other improvements in the patches, I'm very curious to know if Riker9 has been the base for these upgrades.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 15:32
I knew sooner or later somebody was going to ask...

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 15:38
Quote: "were any of the updates based on Riker9?"

No, at least none of the TGC updates are based on VapourWare9.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 16:10
Thanks for clarifying that

Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 16:24
Quote: "When we release the final 1.03 we will of course release the source code too, but not until then. At that point if someone wants to add the other nice features from Maltes system into the 1.03 code base (like the wireframe toggle for example), they could do so."

Ok
Last question... is the FPSC version 1.03 compilled with DBpro V6.2? or with the 5.9?

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 16:52
It's 5.9

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 18:13
As for my modification: as soon as the source code for this update is available, I'll add my changes (and some other things I've been toying with recently) to it. So this file can be closed for now.

Play Nice! Play Basic! -- Styx Plug-In for DBPro- Coming September 2006!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 19:17 Edited at: 19th Sep 2006 19:17
Excellent news empty. I'm looking forward to it.

(Let's just hope you don't sign a "non-disclosure agreement" too) LMAO

Those who have been here a while will know what I mean.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 19:42
Yes please don't sign a NDA..... still can't believe that he actually made that one up. Such a fraud.

Well at least we've got the real thing now and that people are adding to it.

drew4663
Years of Service
User Offline
I installed the patch and did a build of the terror strike demo and tried using the save load and it did not work. It's possible I need to just make a quick lvl and it will not work on either the demo or existing lvls.

I did basic build game. Are there any other instructions on getting this to work? I sent the build to a folder named game on my c drive and it built it ok but no save/load option. Helping out an idiot would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 03:47
You have to build a new game for it to work.
For instance click on build game
Then click on new
Choose terror srike (or whatever you wish) for your level and add levels as you normally would.
DO NOT change the menu settings.If you wish you can go back and change them in the setuplevel.fpi file in the folder that has your newly built game in it.
Pick your texture,lighting,shader settings,etc.
Then build your game.
When you run your newly built game you should have save and load.

tj990
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2006 06:20
i found a bug

-i built a room,i put some enemys in it.i killed all the enemys and then saved the game.when i loaded the game that i saved,the enemys where still alive as if nothing happened!

-Tj

[/img]
drew4663
Years of Service
User Offline
I got it to work and this just opens up so many doors. TY FPSC.

- FredP
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. I appreciate the help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 17:49:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 17:49:25