Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model Pack 5 - weapons!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The model pack 5 is the most helpful of all things when it comes to time or budget. But of course one still has to make there own custom weps to fit the games story. All in all We are well pleased and give are deepest thanks to all the work that was put into the new guns and hand animations.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 20:49
the purpose of the black texture is to "remove" the hands (the no-hands texture) the true black is transparent, so it is an easy way to remove the hands without having 2 compilations

some screen recorders tend to speed up its recordings to pay for any lost fps, so things "seem to run the right speed" though some times, in areas where there may be a jump in the fps, it speeds it up when not neccisary.

if not, i dont think its too fast, people tend to swing bats pretty damn fast

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 21:24
@Jon Fletcher,

OIC. Ah, allows weapons in the pack to be used sans hands. I'd wondered about that before. Makes perfect sense.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Kerithion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 22:30
Just downloaded and played with the various weapon entities in the pack.

Jon - you are an artist, sir! I especially love the Desert Eagle selection animation: that little gun-spin is the nicest touch.

Great pack, incredible value, definitely a case of more "bang for your buck": many many thanks...

...What're you working on now? And when will it be available to buy?
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 23:59
@Jon Fletcher

Oh ok... I understand now... I just didn't know if it was a problem with my version of FPSC... it can be temperamental at times..

Great pack

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
Lordcorm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 00:04
This is totaly on my list of next thangs to get im so happy! FINALLY HANDS!!!!

People think DarkBASIC is for noobs and isnt professional, but i think its the future of game programming. Do you agree with me? Just reply to this thread saying you do.
DarkBASIC for ever!
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 01:38
please, don't smiley spam.

Lordcorm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 02:52
Sorry bout that mate... Its just so COOL!

People think DarkBASIC is for noobs and isnt professional, but i think its the future of game programming. Do you agree with me? Just reply to this thread saying you do.
DarkBASIC for ever!
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 05:08
This model pack is amazing!!! i just got it today. And only for 20 dollars!!! Best model pack by far!!!
Twisted Lincoln
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm attempting to purchase FPSCreator, along with all Five Model Packs, using this link: https://www.fpscreator.com/order.html, and when I do so, it won't allow me to purchase Model Pack 5 with the others-- the next page simply lists Model Packs 1-4, and won't include 5. I'd like to buy them all together to take advantage of the discounts, but it would seem your form will not allow me to...

I hope this can be fixed soon-- I am eager to purchase your products.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 07:46
You can get discount??? What??? Where have I been? I just did it where i bought 'em all seperate cuz i didn't know how to buy 'em together. Oh well Pack 5 is
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 15:57
@ Twisted Lincoln

try contacting order and billing support at the bottom of the page under the 'post' box

thanks to the new buyers, im very glad you like it

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 17:59
Jon, are you a millionier yet?

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool man the pack looks like biggen.

Damn looks like them Cyber Theft Aliens arehere again.

LOL!

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/4841/sigxe2.png
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 00:34
Quote: "Jon, are you a millionier yet?"

lol, i dont have anything yet, gotta wait 'til the end of the month

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 01:45
wow! you guys read my mind... i wanted a FAMAS and an SAW and (i think its a vector) and a desert eagle in my game and i especially wanted hands and then you guys came out with this! wow my modeler is getting alot of time saved, we can release our game a month sooner now! u rock

IM NEVER ONLINE TILL SOMETIME AT NIGHT!!! god dont expect me to be sitting at my computer all the time
Claudio Pr0gr4mm3r
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought for the site Model Pack 5 and until it wastes nor explanation gave me, the credit card is mine, and they still suspect. I am really annoyed.

please I need solution.

Ronilton

knowledge, spread this virus.
G4fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 00:32
I haven't bought this pack yet. Just from reading this I see that there are many downsides.

DJ Professor K, you are not alone. I stink at animating. I mean, I become queasy at the word So, if you say that they are as good as you say they are, I'm buying.

Sean
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 02:00
Quote: "I bought for the site Model Pack 5 and until it wastes nor explanation gave me"

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 02:23
Quote: "I bought for the site Model Pack 5 and until it wastes nor explanation gave me, the credit card is mine, and they still suspect. I am really annoyed.
"

can you please rephrase that, and i may be able to help with your problem.

Dano000
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry to ask, but is it normal for it to upgrade to 1.03 when you install it. I have all model packs(not the sprite one though)and when i intalled it it said that i hade 1.03 on the splash screen!
anyone know what the problem might be?

thanks

PS: i hadn't installed the RC V yet so yeah...
Vanished
Years of Service
User Offline
Great job Jon!

"It gets darkest just before dawn!"
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 04:14
Awesome Work John!
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 11:08
@ Dano000

i should imagine that yes, that is normal, model pack 3 had the 1.02 update, so users had to update to 1.03, but the latest is included and apparently working fine.

Tai Therin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 17:38
So i bought this pack, and when i installed it, it first gave me the 1.03, and then messed up my mcf71.dll. Then, I replaced the .dll, but then it started to not work at all, saying there was a error in the apllication and it had to close.. Can anyone help?

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline

Isnt that an SPR? In the pack the SPR looks like a S24. Should I rename it?

Your signature was too large.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 20:58
no, i dont think so, the full name: FN SPR A4 is a police rifle made by FN USA.

that weapon seems to have an m4a1 build to it, the body and butt of the gun primarily.

but call it what you want, alot of people think it looks like an AWP/AUP aswell

@ Thai Therin

im afraid i dont know what your problem is, perhaps you could report it in the 1.03 topic and hope it gets resolved, or contact TGC

bob momento
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So i bought this pack, and when i installed it, it first gave me the 1.03, and then messed up my mcf71.dll. Then, I replaced the .dll, but then it started to not work at all, saying there was a error in the apllication and it had to close.. Can anyone help?
"
ok i hade the same problem. i'll give you the steps to fix it

1.System restore back to the day before you installed it or the last check point before the installation.

2.The system restore will double all the model pack 5 files as like model pack5(2) and model pack5 (3) so go through all the (2) and delete them so it's like Model Pack 5(2) to just Model Pack 5 and like AK-47(2) to just AK-47.

This is a major problem just to tell TGC and also i found that in a level you can't have a Model Pack 5 Weapon and a Character Enity in the same level with out a old weapon not from model pack 5. Tai Therin, if you have any questions just email me

-Bobmomento

"Sharp like blades"
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 21:55
Quote: "you can't have a Model Pack 5 Weapon and a Character Enity in the same level "

strange, i can.

perhaps you are giving the characters one of the melee weapons by mistake? this will lead to an error, because there is no VWEAP for the melee weapons, because it would mean re-animating every character, or changing every characters aniamtion specs.

bob momento
Years of Service
User Offline
strange, i can.

perhaps you are giving the characters one of the melee weapons by mistake? this will lead to an error, because there is no VWEAP for the melee weapons, because it would mean re-animating every character, or changing every characters aniamtion specs

no it was the default scientist pistol and the thing shutdown at that model

"Sharp like blades"
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 22:46
im not quite sure, i havent been getting these problems, is there an error message?

bob momento
Years of Service
User Offline
Jon , this is the error i get if i don't have thoose other weapons or if i have a character Enity and a melee weapon

"Sharp like blades"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 03:10
enemies can't use melee i think.

Claudio Pr0gr4mm3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Somebody responsible for the sales of Model Pack 5 please answer me, I bought and up to now they didn't send. What this happening?

knowledge, spread this virus.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 12:07
@ Claudio Pr0gr4mm3r

Check your 'Orders' on your TGC profile panel.

@ bob momento

not quite sure, im not getting this problem, have you tried contacting Lee or reportingt this bug, sorry, the engine is beyond me.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 14:34
there is only this and the 1.03 installation issue, but few (to my knoledge) have had this problem, which can easily (apparently) be resolved by just adding a stock weapon somewhere, which isnt too bad, until we can resolve the issue.

the 1.03 install is a minor inconvenience (some benefit from it, more advanced users prefer their directories clean and manually update.)

Bruno1440
Years of Service
User Offline
wow this is awsome! ive to buy it!
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 01:11
Quote: "how many people have had this bug? cuz i realy wanted to get this but im starting to change my mind"

I have 1.03 installed and model pack 5 installed and have not had any issues with it. Everything runs perfect.

RF

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 01:50
model pack 5 worked for me up until one time i was testing a level, and the pickups dont work.
well you pick them up, but you cant change you weapon!!!
ive tried everything...
-pressing 0 first
-starting without a gun
-making an exe and placing all of the guns into the gamecore folder
-and more, but i dont remember
BUT i can still take them from enemys!!! help!

IM NEVER ONLINE TILL SOMETIME AT NIGHT!!! god dont expect me to be sitting at my computer all the time
bob momento
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i got the guns to work no problem but however you made the melee weapons they don't work with an chraacter enity in the level. This is really pissing me off cause i emailed the support people last week and haven't gotten a reply and i paid 20 for a pain in the butt. I love your models john they look and are animated great i just wish that they worked. sorry
-bobmomento

"Sharp like blades"
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 09:52 Edited at: 11th Nov 2006 09:53
Here ya go Jon a short video with your pack in it.

http://realityforgotten.com/Radio/thebroken1.wmv

RF

Dano000
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry to ask but how do you get the fists. ive loked all over and i cant find them!

please somebody help!

-dano000
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 00:34
Quote: "ok i got the guns to work no problem but however you made the melee weapons they don't work with an chraacter enity in the level. This is really pissing me off cause i emailed the support people last week and haven't gotten a reply and i paid 20 for a pain in the butt. I love your models john they look and are animated great i just wish that they worked. sorry"

i have mentioned before, you cant assign melee weapons to enemies, because the characters animations dont include a melee attack and new animation lines would need to be written into every characters spec, as long as you dont assign a melee weapon to an enemy you should be fine.

Quote: "sorry to ask but how do you get the fists. ive loked all over and i cant find them!
"

two answers:

to use the fists as a weapon (because you obviously cant get a pickup for them) you need to assign them as a starting weapon, place a player start marker in your level, right click it, and change the weapon field to one of the many fists

to change the hands on a weapon to one of the variations, there is a folder called hands_resource, in there, you can find many hand_tex.jpeg's choose one, copy and paste it into your chosen weapon directory

Quote: "model pack 5 worked for me up until one time i was testing a level, and the pickups dont work.
well you pick them up, but you cant change you weapon!!!"

this is either a big with the engine, or you are placing too many different weapons in your game, please remember that FPSC is limited to the player only being able to carry 9 weapons (includes starting weapon) so make sure you arent using more than 9 different weapons

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 00:42 Edited at: 12th Nov 2006 00:45
are you using version 1.03?

some people have been getting that error, but have had it resolve quickly somehow, and are you sure your not giving a melee weapon to an enemy?

@ RF

nice video, game looks pretty cool even though it was only a couple seconds

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 01:02
ah, thats what people must be doing then, reinstalling FPSC to V1, but im not sure if that is the solution, anybody care to provide an answer?

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 02:17
Quote: "
this is either a big with the engine, or you are placing too many different weapons in your game, please remember that FPSC is limited to the player only being able to carry 9 weapons (includes starting weapon) so make sure you arent using more than 9 different weapons"

yeah but sometimes i only have two weapons in a level, the only gun i can use is the one i start with or ones i get from enemies.

Blue Farvahar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 12:56
dear Lee
When the final version of FPSC 1.03 will be ready to download?

Who knows where the road will lead us?
Only a fool would say!!!
The Meow Mix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 22:55
very cool

Say what?
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 15:28
@Jon

I just got my pack loaded it up, Segments are fantastic, The guns them self was well worth the 20 bucks by themself and the melee weapons are just WOW....The animation oh I like the animations to... The pack is well worth the 20 bucks and in my opinion the best pack of all 5 packs.

But I did see something I thought I should mention and that was in the melee weapons take either the bat or the axe run up to any wall and hit it....notice something...a bullet hole... The bat certianly I can see a reason for a bullet hole simply because there is a nail in it but the axe may be a little hard to play off... But I have a feeling its not your pack and simply because I believe that the decals used on the walls is only able to choose one so obviously your going to use bullet holes...

Besides that I am still trying to figure out how to run around with just the hands I am sure ill figure it out or come back and ask...

Anyways AWESOME Work and I will be looking for your next pack when it comes out... To bad we can not preorder them...

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 00:33
Quote: "please remember that FPSC is limited to the player only being able to carry 9 weapons (includes starting weapon) so make sure you arent using more than 9 different weapons"

Hmmm....I put in 10 or 11 weapons, and while you can't get to them with buttons, you can still scroll to them - I never realized you could do that before

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:29:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:29:15