Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model Pack 5 - weapons!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 07:33
Airslide is right...

i carryed 13 weapons with me(DIFFERENT) and i just scrolled to them!

...No Signature here...
SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 01:36
hmm thats cool, but i just cant use mine... ill figure it out eventually. scrolling is better than hitting little keys

IM NEVER ONLINE TILL SOMETIME AT NIGHT!!! god dont expect me to be sitting at my computer all the time
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 16:59
Just bought FPSC with ALL model packs and I'm very impressed with your models Jon. Is there any way to not have the bullet hole decal when punching a wall with the fists?

FPSC Hint's and Tips Guide (pdf)
Best Regards,
Nickydude
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 19:02
Quote: "Is there any way to not have the bullet hole decal when punching a wall with the fists?
"

unfortunately not, its the whole weapons system, primarily made for only guns so they just assign bullet hole decals.

if you want though, you could change the decal to a better look, such as a punched in hole, that way it would look like a fist pushing back the material, as well as bullets reflecting off of it.

but overall, its dependant on the geometries material setting, rather than the weapon.

Brians 8ball
Years of Service
User Offline
Too bad the hands dont get programed into all the weapons...

Oh Well, Still preaty sweet!!

How do you get the fists to work? they dont show up when i try...
Brians 8ball
Years of Service
User Offline
Too bad the hands dont go to everyweapon
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 02:06
Quote: "How do you get the fists to work? they dont show up when i try..."

You must have the player start with them. Right click the green player marker and select them as a weapon.

Best Regards,
Nickydude
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 03:28
Quote: "Is there any way to not have the bullet hole decal when punching a wall with the fists?"

The only way I know of is to use Signs to make your segments and to make the walls bulletproof.
Of course,when you shoot at them with a gun there will be no bullet holes then either.
Jon is right.
FPSC's weapons system is designed for firearms so melee weapons will leave bullet holes if you get too close to a wall,etc.
But you should have to get really close to one to leave the bullet holes.Most melee weapons have a very short range.
BTW Jon,I love that M4a1...my new favorite weapon.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 13:31
No biggie, just seemed a bit odd, I'll just pretend he's Mel Gibson

Best Regards,
Nickydude
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 14:03 Edited at: 19th Nov 2006 14:05
Kick A$$ pack jon. Well done

Zombies: Dark shadows RELEASE DATE: TBC
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 18:17
thanks Creator of Zombies and FredP, glad you like

i'd like to show a small customization of the M4a1, i made in about 5 mins, just removing the scope, m203 and the flashlight, it actually looks pretty neat, here:

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 18:42
SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 03:02
can we download the non-pimped m4?

IM NEVER ONLINE TILL SOMETIME AT NIGHT!!! god dont expect me to be sitting at my computer all the time
Para _Charlie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 03:58
I like the SAW. Nice touch. Hey next time you make one a little fyi. A little unknown fact. On the front of the SAW under the barrel is a gas valve. You turn it all the way open and it fires approx. 1000r/min. They told us to never use it. Yeah well a 18 year old kid with a M249 hehe.
That was my weapon in the Marine Corp while I was in the infantry.

DBP 6.3 DX 9.0c
3.2Gig Proc, 2Gigs Ram, SATA HD, Gigabyte MB, 6800GT Vid
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 08:38
Jon - does the hand match up correctly in the animation, since it was moved upwards? Cause I'd love to have it like that.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 12:19
yes, it moves correctly

once i remake the VWEAP's with the Firespot, and make an entity for this variation, aswell as remaking all the others with a better UV Map (i'll just crunch the polygons this time) i'll see if TGC can release an update.

i will see what other cool variations i can make aswell as this gun.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 18:32 Edited at: 21st Nov 2006 18:34
Cool! How bout one with the handle thing, like in this pic:

It would really fit in well in my game - excellent for multiplayer too because you don't have to worry about people getting insta-kills with the scope

EDIT: I'd prefer it without the silencer, but I guess you could make two variations. Which reminds me, why does the M4 in the pack sound like it doesn't have a silencer? It gives a pretty big boom actually.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 18:49
i know, i think it sounded pretty weird aswell, originally i added some sort of ping to a silenced shot just to give it some feel, but when The sound editor got to it, i think he may have mistaken it for a real firing sound.

though i take some fault for it, i tried to give it too much "oomph" which may have been misleading.

yes, i was planning to give it the stock handle, i was simply removing things rather than remodeling, to see what i could get but yes, i will add it

i might remove the silncer aswell, so it will be a clean M4a1 as it was built to be

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 19:07
Perfect! One with the handle and the gernade launcher would be cool too - more of a standard military look rather than the whole special ops thing.

masterchief 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 21:16
Looks good jon keep it up.

FPSC ROCKS!!
Essex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 23:03
Quote: "i know, i think it sounded pretty weird aswell, originally i added some sort of ping to a silenced shot just to give it some feel, but when The sound editor got to it, i think he may have mistaken it for a real firing sound."

Doh! I was in such a hurry to meet the deadline I didn't even notice the silencer on the model! I'll put up a "silenced" version of the fire sound in this thread ASAP for those who would prefer to use it.

Rick Harrison
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 23:08
cool, thanks essex

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 23:32
Perfect!

Essex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 14:24
OK, here's a silenced version M4A1 "fire" sound. Assuming you used the default install dir for FPSC copy it to...

C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\gamecore\guns\model pack 5\E-M4A1

BEFORE YOU DO THIS rename the file already in that dir to "fire_old.wav" otherwise the original fire sound will be overwritten and you won't be able to go back without re-installing MP5.

Rick Harrison

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 07:15
Jon help me with my problem, how can i make the guns shoot faster, not sound faster, but actually fire faster

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 15:10
you can change the fireloop in the gunspec folder, but i think that may only change the speed of the sound loop, so you could try clipping some of the frames in the animation, put "automatic fire" down by about 1 or 2.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 21:45
Blooddeath- I turned down the automatic fire by 4 on both numbers. Now the m249 shoots at a real good speed. So go with turning down the automatic fire.

And Jon- These weapons are soooooooooooo amazing

I love butter
Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
You may have just made me overdraw my credit card for the third time in two months...that's hella impressive!

Formerly JMC...
AOK Game Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2006 22:33 Edited at: 26th Nov 2006 23:18
model pack 5 rocks with lots of kick [mod edit] guns! brilliant work
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Watched the vid. And it looks Flippn' awesome.

[/img]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/94/sigox5.gif[/img]
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2006 23:21
thanks guys

im sorry, ive been very busy lately with some other work, college assignments piling up and lots of things need doing, i have planned to rig all those leftover characters on thursday, and get the update for model pack 5 done

also, expect a nice free suprise soon (unrelated to model pack 5)

zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2006 23:43
i checked it out and it has the FN-P90 in it.

that weapon RULES!
Father Tree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2006 17:47
hey jon back a little bit you said you were gunna realease your people that you were gunna put in MP5 but you didnt, are yyou still gunna realease them,

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 20:59
Eggs sell lint.

Really, excellent work Jon.
I am looking forward to getting it.

Quote: "
i have mentioned before, you cant assign melee weapons to enemies, because the characters animations dont include a melee attack and new animation lines would need to be written into every characters spec, as long as you dont assign a melee weapon to an enemy you should be fine.
"

Yes,
As most of you know, I have been requesting these animations for over a year.
I disagree that all of the characters would need them.
A few characters that are melee compatible (animated properly) could be used in melee games.
Not all characters need to be changed, just the new ones you are making.
I thought that replacing the ladder-climb animation would not effect the basic set that much.
That animation is never used anyway.

I would gladly pay $20 for a pack of only 2 or 3 melee characters.
It doesn't need to be 20 people like #4.
If the altered animation bone set was included (for milkshape like bullshocks), then that would make a great bonus.

Quote: "im sorry, ive been very busy lately with some other work, college assignments piling up and lots of things need doing, i have planned to rig all those leftover characters on thursday, and get the update for model pack 5 done

also, expect a nice free suprise soon (unrelated to model pack 5)"

Me too, so I feel your pain, but keep up your GPA.
We can wait for your stuff because good things are worth waiting for and your stuff is the best.

Please, PRETTY PLEASE, make us a few melee characters.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 21:04
Just so you know Deathead, it's Machinima not machinma

AE

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 21:13 Edited at: 1st Dec 2006 21:18
Just so you know Avenging Eagle, its EA Games not AE Games.

Just kidding

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 21:15 Edited at: 1st Dec 2006 21:17
Quote: "i checked it out and it has the FN-P90 in it.

that weapon RULES!"

lol, cheers!

Quote: "hey jon back a little bit you said you were gunna realease your people that you were gunna put in MP5 but you didnt, are yyou still gunna realease them,
"

yes, soon, i managed to rig and import some yesterday, in the following days i may be able to release all of them.

(p.s. that wasn't the surprise i was on about)

@ Conjured Entertainment

yes, i too would love to see FPSC go melee, it would rid of some bad A.I and look really good, i managed to create an evil monk type character with an axe a while back, and seeing it run toward you and slash is way better than watching a guy with a gun strafe (or some weird hop) , sit down shoot, stand up hop around and fall over.

and yes, it is easy. all we need is new characters, which i intend to create. Soon, i shall be developing a series of foul creatures and brutes for FPSC utilizing melee, for a more serious attack in FPSC, something to be scared of

(these will have custom animations)

i am open to suggestions, as of now, i am thinking of creatures like that which you could expect in Doom 3.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 21:25
Quote: "i am thinking of creatures like that which you could expect in Doom 3."

That's great news Jon. Some new, believable creatures will be welcome, just no more zombies as far as I'm concerned.

Best.

P.S. Can't wait for the surprise!!!!!

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 21:33 Edited at: 1st Dec 2006 21:37
Quote: "yes, i too would love to see FPSC go melee"

Quote: "and yes, it is easy. all we need is new characters, which i intend to create. Soon, i shall be developing a series of foul creatures and brutes for FPSC utilizing melee, for a more serious attack in FPSC, something to be scared of

(these will have custom animations)

i am open to suggestions, as of now, "

As granny would say "bless your heart"

My suggestion...

Inclusion of characters that can be changed easily with a new texture.
Like the Thug in comparison to Aiko which has the knobby knees and thingy on her back.
The Thug can be changed easily as I did with the terrorists in my first FPSC game.
However, the Aiko is stuck with those knobby knees and all we can do is change the color of her uniform.
In other words, less unique characters make for good templates.
Anyway that is why I don't think we need quantity over quality.
If we get a few good melee characters then there is a lot we can do by re-texturing.

Quote: "all we need is new characters, which i intend to create."

Thank you Jon!!!!

I would thank one of the Gods but they never answer my prayers.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 21:39
Quote: "If we get a few good melee characters then there is a lot we can do be re-texturing.
"

I will absolutely second that. Generic is where it's at.

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 22:46
thanks for that tip, it will be easier for me, and better for you, when development begins (real development, not concepting and practice, what im doing now) i shall keep into mind of extrusions and what not that may affect the FPSC user's modding needs

although FPSC's shaders are considered quite buggy, these characters have a high chance of featuring Normal and specular mapping, i have been on practice for a while and am confident with high res Anatomical sculpting (or atleast that of which is sufficient for normal maps) to make some cool looking creatures

however in terms of the more 'humane' characters, what exactly are you looking for? modern day melee, or warriors from some past age?

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 22:50
Modern day.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 23:16
civil?

e.g. like gangs, or resistance (like general civilians forced into combat to save their lives, blood'ied up and what not)

if you could be really specific, actually make a list if you want, what characters/char themes would you like?

Father Tree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 23:19
Quote: "civil?

e.g. like gangs, or resistance (like general civilians forced into combat to save their lives, blood'ied up and what not)"

that would be cool for a modern type games, could you try to do 1 enemy with a kinda gasmask on it like the ones on killzone? i would only like that cus im not fussed, btw i thought the characters were cool even though you said you didnt like them

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 23:29
nice thinking! (about the killzone dude)

you realise how in games there are often two 'factions' well this could be applied to a model pack, consider HL2 aswwell, i could make a group of characters symolizing an authority, that of which is corrupt (rather than a normal police officer), and different 'rebels' or the resistance, civilians, with melee weapons and the likes.

topping it all off with evil creatures to fit in the middle, lol

Father Tree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 23:36
cool, i thought bout the killzone guy bcause i wus playin it a few mins ago, just got lugar then died.!! dammit! lol corrupt cops would be a cool idea, you could do it in stages like rookie corrupt, assasiant corrupt, general corrupt, then leader corrupt or something like that for ideas. just like to help

best

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 23:47
Why do people type "best" at the end of their post?

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2006 23:53
lol, Conjured

AE

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2006 01:04 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2006 01:22
Quote: "if you could be really specific, actually make a list if you want, what characters/char themes would you like?"

Prioritized...

1) Generic Male without a shield
2) Generic Male with a shield
3) Generic Female without a shield
4) Generic Female with a shield

I request shields for sword, mace, or other typical melee based combat that would have them.
These shields would be 'fixed' as part of the mesh, rather than an attached object.
This would also lend us to texture many Crests on the shields.

Characters without shields could be textured to be civilian, modern, or era dressed according to texture.

Edit

Themes...

Barbarian
Roman Gladiators
Medieval

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2006 01:36
hmm, going slightly offcourse on the time zone, plus i think it wouldnt be a good plan to do what you have requested, due to the similarity that it probably already has to Bond1's upcoming pack (check this months newsletter and the last) , he has already started creating some generic characters of that time era, whether some of them will be armed, im not sure.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:33:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:33:36