Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] DarkFaction II (Images)

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 07:32
Keep it civil and on topic, folks.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 17:42
Hey DarkFact! Liking the game!

This looks pretty nice, but I seriously thought DarkFaction1 was in WW2?

Anyways, keep it up. And, what's that Mech supposed to do?

Automatic: Biological Warfare

Comin' soon, maybe in Jan./Feb. 2007!
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "This looks pretty nice, but I seriously thought DarkFaction1 was in WW2?"

No, it took place 60 years after WWII. The mech(s) are part of the overall plot and will be used in static and dynamic situations. Thanks for the comments!

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 22:59
One thing i didn't like about the first one is that it got repetitive really fast and that the level design was just okay. Liked the menu though I'm making a similar one. But these screenshots totally look awesome and the level design is really good!

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 23:08
Oh. I was maybe thinking about another game, only it's a WW2 game with "Dark" in it.

Automatic: Biological Warfare

Comin' soon, maybe in Jan./Feb. 2007!
$ Mike $
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Oh. I was maybe thinking about another game, only it's a WW2 game with "Dark" in it."

ok...

Quote: "Keep it civil and on topic, folks."

sorry Keith...i'll stay more on topic!

Quote: "No, it took place 60 years after WWII. The mech(s) are part of the overall plot and will be used in static and dynamic situations. "

The mech(s) are part of the overall plot and will be used in static and dynamic situations ayyy...........

overall plot you say...can you explain please?If you know of the main plot w/ the mechs...

Can't anyone make " The Simpsons Model Pack " For Fps Creator! I can't do it, but maybe someone else can!
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "can you explain please?If you know of the main plot w/ the mechs..."

You'll have to wait and see.

Here's some preliminaries from level1c. The textures are "in the works" and many things will be replaced as I go.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 05:46
Looking good!

BTW, did you get my e-mail about the new AI system I'm working on to help you out? You haven't responded in awhile and I've gotten the feeling it might have gone in your spam folder or something

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 05:49 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2007 17:12
Thanks Airslide!

Hmmm...I don't remember getting an email about that. I have about 400 emails in the spam folder. I'll look for it in the morning.

EDIT:
I found the email and watched the video. That's pretty damn impressive! We definitely need to talk. I will email you with what I will need and you can tell me what you want to do. k?

Other than trying to learn how to create textures, I'm fumbling around with making the animations for that mech so it can be an enemy. The standard FPSC skeleton is humanoid and the knees of the mech are reversed. I can create a bones rig, but animating it is a different story.

lata!

$ Mike $
Years of Service
User Offline
[img]C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\AAA AAA.jpg[/img]

[img]C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\AAA AAA 2.JPG[/img]

Ignore my horrible doodle stick figure, but look closely at what i circled in RED ink!Doesn't it look like that triforce thing from zelda?

This Is The Tri-Force Thingy...

Just wondering if it was a coincidence or purposely done...

otherwise good job Dark

Can't anyone make " The Simpsons Model Pack " For Fps Creator! I can't do it, but maybe someone else can!
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Nope, never played any of the Zelda games. The DF logo was just made up "on the fly". I'm not very good at logos.

FPS Kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 21:27
DarkFaction 1 was awesome so i assume this will be even better. Keep it up DarkFact.

Oh yeah this looks a bit like doom i like the segements.

~FPS Kid~
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@FPS Kid: Thanks, I appreciate the comments.

I had hoped to get more done today, but had to do other stuff.

This is from the "dining facility" at the Mech factory from Level1c. Still optimizing the polys at the moment...

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2007 23:32
Oh, DarkFact, the new AI system may allow you to set always on to off and leave physics on and place them around your level without triggers. I'm still doing some testing, so I can't really say.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 07:05 Edited at: 4th Jan 2007 07:06
@Airslide: Cool dude.

I made a video of level1c, but it was bigger than the game exe. So here's some images...

I will add enemies after Airslide and I work out some AI/spawning stuff. This isn't the finished level. The shelves from the model pack don't look so good with multicolored plates. I'll make my own later.

$ Mike $
Years of Service
User Offline
Hope everything gets settled with the new AI stuff

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-15 04:30:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-15 04:30:51