Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator 1.04 RC3

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2006 20:22
3 and 4 have alot of problems, but the fog patch Lee released works well. and for some reason when building a test game it renders in like a quarter of the normal time.

RF

azwe
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you man < but i wish if you include hands in FPSC_104_RC it will be very nice from you to us >
thank u again
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 00:59
Reality Forgotten,

I can see the need many users would have for random spawning of entities and the other points you make. Thats all good stuff.

Personally I like to have absolute control of where and when enemies are spawned so tht I can design a game where I know exactly what the player will encounter and force the scenario I want for the game player. e.g. if possible if you like pixel perfect precision positioning of an enemy and what it does in relation to its environment and world structure angles and other world object content to make whatever difficulty in achieving a win over an opponent that I see he should have.

Now spawn many other random things like random trees, grass or additional non critical opponents - spiders perhaps, I could use that and much more.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 02:27 Edited at: 11th Dec 2006 02:30
UMAN- I couldn't agree more. It would be nice to see both features added. I also think that while knowing where every enemy was in the design process would be great for the forced scenario however having the option to randomly spawn based on map cords would be just as sweet. I feel that it would allow for two major atmospheres that this engine is missing.

1) With random spawning based on randomly generated map cords would add that "Holy H-E double hockey sticks!" one of the major set backs would be if the generator spawned an entity with in an entity, but that depends on the constraints placed in the generating function.

2) With pixel perfect placing you can still get the "Holy H-E double hockey sticks!" but in a more story board fasion. This method would ensure that each entity added would be placed perfectly avoiding as many possible collision problems as possible. there are some draw backs to it. after testing the level a couple of times the creative process sorta gets diluted. also if the player decides to take a different route than what you have laid out for them it's likely that they will not get to experiance the level as it should be.

Either way the addition of both options would be great for both game maker and player. and both options can be seemlessly utilized with in the same level to achieve that mother of all "Holy H-E double hockey sticks!"

I have also emailed Lee with another .fpm for him to test. I know this has already been stated but alot of the player scripts destroy the frame rate. point in case:

I used the chase.fpi on one character and the cover.fpi on another. when those said entities are spawned the frame rate drops from 32 to around 19 fps. When I use the default main .fpi's there is no drop in frame rate. Also there is another area of the map that I am utilizing your load/unload method (I've been using it since our conversation those many months ago) the entity that gets spawned uses airslides scripts and it drops the fps from 32 to 19-22 depending on how much of the enemy I can see. So it would seem that a completely new AI needs to be introduced. One that will jive with the engine a little better, ok alot better. The only thing I can do is sit and wait for Lee's response.

RF

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 05:27
I have noticed that certain enemy AI can drop the frame rate as well.
It would be nice if Lee could implement something akin to Dark AI into FPSC.
Getting consistant working enemy AI is perhaps the hardest thing to do in FPSC.

Quote: "The only thing I can do is sit and wait for Lee's response.
"

He has been doing a heck of a job of responding lately.
Compared to V1 we have come a long way as of late.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 22:15:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 22:15:35