Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Official Model Pack 6

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 17:29
Simon one thing tho, These weapons wont go right with Jons weapons, since the hands are different, do you plan on making variations to the hands so they fit in with Jons?

On the other hand

they look great, i just dont like the weapons in particular, its not how you modelled them or anything, i just dont like the weapons youve selected to do, except for the mac10 and the glock, i was looking for more modern weapons, that would of been excellent, like a micro uzi, A new uzi for that matter, Sawed off shotty stuff like that, but its all good, ill still buy this pack in a heart beat

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 17:49
I would also like the hands to fit with Jon's pack. Could you fit 2 characters or something in the pack as well?

www.mortarstudios.tk and www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff

btw i asked rich to change my name from Supah Gamer so dont mix!
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 18:03
I think continuity between the weapon model pack arms is a must.

regards,
RF

Rattle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 18:12 Edited at: 19th Dec 2006 18:50
I agree with the first comment, it has to be another weapon pack but if u can do a Model Pack 7 which has more characters i for one will get it!!!

I dont no nuthin innit, word....
the fps gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 18:12
this looks ´great please posts some scree shots of the Twins when they are ready

visit [url/]http://paralyzegames.googlepages.com/[url]
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 18:30 Edited at: 13th Dec 2006 19:00
Great looking weapons. And well propotioned hands. These look worlds better then what was released with FPSC and so much more time was taken. The hands on this are thin enough I may even be able to re-texture them to appear femine(which is a selling point for me).

Only thing I suggest...and I've seen you guys useing names like "Colt 45" and "Desert Eagle" and now "Glock". There could come a time, my friends, when the name holders of those copyrighted names will want a cut of the pie. I've never ever seen a disclaimer saying who the names are owned by. Saying this I dought you've got clearance to use them.....That glock logo is exactly like theirs....I think I'd change that prior to it's release. They may not go after the small guy making mods for a game using their names...but a big company with some money to be made in court? A very good posibility.

Also I have to ask..Is your name really Simon or is it a referance to "Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings".
"Well you know my name is Simon, and the things I draw come trueeeeee....."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qa8-h399vM
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "..."Colt 45" and "Desert Eagle" and now "Glock". "

Ditto...

I know Glock has a history of being agressively protective of their property. It would be nice for the user to be able to have a license readme stating permission to use Remington, Glock, HK, Serbu, etc. names and trademarks in their commercial/compo FPSC games.

Military designations (for the USA, at least) are in essence works of the DoD and should fall under GNU so for example, calling a rifle an M16 would be fine but incorporating the Colt name and Pony trademark (as is found on the commando) seems a tad dangerous IMO.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 22:43
Quote: "I still want your M79 and I think that people abandoning their projects is a mistake.
The more stuff we can get means a wider variety of options for our games."

Well, I'll probally flop out a download with what is done, but I don't have any plans to expand on it, cause I'm really busy with my DBP Nvidia comp entry (that nobody is posting in )

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 23:32 Edited at: 13th Dec 2006 23:56
I'll take ...

One M79
One Militärisches Scharfschützen Gewehr - 90
One Maschinenpistole 5 Kurz

...and all the ammunition I can carry!

I want my Mp5k engraved like so...

Just kidding

I would say add a hope and a prayer, but they are useless.
I'll trade the hope and prayer for an extra round for the M79, so I can go out with a BANG!
Not kidding

SOLD

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 23:38 Edited at: 13th Dec 2006 23:41
Simon, freakin' sweet weapon models there! i LOVE the G3, probably one of my favourite assault rifles, besides the m16/m4 series.

everything looks great, FPSC's standards are really going up the wall lately, hopefully my recent revision after model pack 5 release will keep me up to date

overall, great work, i cant wait to see the animations.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 00:03
Quote: " i LOVE the G3, probably one of my favourite assault rifles"

same here, im abandoning mine, im gettin this one!!!

Get my Mega Segment Pack for free, be one of the first 5 to post
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 00:23
May be I was being a tad hasty when I said we don't need anymore weapons

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 01:49
Iam not sure if I should get Jons weapons or these. I like model pack 6 better, but Jon, your still a good modeller.

I think model pack 6 will be better used in the fpsc level design contest, for the urban theme.

G4fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 02:48 Edited at: 14th Dec 2006 02:54
I can't wait for this!

My first game: "Wars of Crime"-15% completed
G4fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 02:49 Edited at: 14th Dec 2006 02:55
Melle weapons were featured in MP 4.

I can't wait for the screen shots!

Sorry, I sort of double posted.

My first game: "Wars of Crime"-15% completed
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 03:06
Quote: "I can't wait for the screen shots!"

Try looking on the first page and the top of this page for the screens.

Jams38
Years of Service
User Offline
great work, got to have this.

jams 38
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 03:26
wow!! I am really surprised by people actually getting excited about getting back-to-back model packs which are exactly the same theme!!!

Maybe I judged the community wrong then looks like Errant could easily make a lot of sales even if he released his guns in the next week

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
the programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice screens, although i must ask one thing will there be a variation in hands or will they remain the same for all weapons.

Thank you for the heads up cant wait
Cheers Simon
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 04:27
They look very good. But I think I'll pass, I just got mp5 as well. They seem a little cartoony to me. Oh well, they look good though. It is probably a good idea for weapons instead of characters. We already have model pack 1 and 4. And only one weapon pack. So this evens it out.

Tiggle Bitties

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 10:13
When you see a video of the double machine guns in action you will want this pack!

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
Davy B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 11:40
yes please

The one and only Davy B
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 19:48
I love weapons and these look great however it would be nice to see some sci-fi weapons that can be used for futuristic type games as well as weapons that can be used for only a modern current time setting. Ideally when FPSC is updated so we can have particle weapons - oops - Sorry I should not have said that.

I guess there would be many users that would also like to see weapons from past eras suitable for medival and other time period game too but TGC are still to be congratulated for continually both keeping us wanting and giving us more. Game makers can never have enough content to choose from so thanks to TGC.

Personally I would still like to see many more Character packs containing normal civilian type characters as well as of course enemies of all kinds and I am sure we will see them as time goes on.

Satisfying everyones needs is a big job and TGC have already released more content packs than most other developers in a short space of time. FPSC users are quite well represented in this area and even considering another weapon pack the additional choice is most welcome. Thanks TGC.

All I need now is a new computer, vista and X10 and a lot of effort.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 20:22
Perhaps a poll could be made to see what model pack people would like most?

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 21:18
thats a great idea Nickydude. Can we start polls in these forums? I mean the actual automatic ones?

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 22:13
We had an oficial TGC poll before in the past and TGC did nothing with it at all. One of the most asked things was a civilian character pack and thankfully Bond1 started working on it and it became an official model pack in the end.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 00:16 Edited at: 15th Dec 2006 00:17
Quote: "Ideally when FPSC is updated so we can have particle weapons - oops - Sorry I should not have said that."

I didn't quote this,

that is exciting

Weapons look good. Can't wait to see the vid

Tiggle Bitties

Credz_42
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 00:27
Quote: "to go with Ben and Fred...I would echo too...Too many guns already!!"

wot you mean?

We need guns lots of guns
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 01:15
To have medieval weapons, you need scenery for them to fit into. So that would need characters and objects, room segments etc.

It would be cool if TGC made a medieval pack.

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 01:52
rick.... i love you....
jk, jk
this is awesome!!!! i love weapon packs... you guys can read my mind half of these things i was gonna put in my game anyway! u keep saving me months of work

IM NEVER ONLINE TILL SOMETIME AT NIGHT!!! god dont expect me to be sitting at my computer all the time
SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 01:59
can u use the hands from mp5???

IM NEVER ONLINE TILL SOMETIME AT NIGHT!!! god dont expect me to be sitting at my computer all the time
Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 02:10
Amazing! Fpsc was an acura, but she is on her way to be a Fararri.(Yes it's a South Park joke.)

"People are easier to search when they're dead."--Captain Barbosa
tj990
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 06:33
these weapons are so freakin cool!
no words for me could overall explain the greatness of these weapons!

anyway is there any known price for this pack?
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 06:36 Edited at: 15th Dec 2006 09:01
Quote: "anyway is there any known price for this pack?"

I'm guessing: £11.99, $19.99, €16.46

'Dawn of the Fallen Angel' coming soon(ish)...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 06:50
Quote: "I'm guessing: £11.99, $19.99, €16.46"

That's been the going rate for the other model packs so that would be my best guess as well.

muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 09:38 Edited at: 15th Dec 2006 09:40
I think TGC is killing off any chance of originality. To release 6 modern day model packs is just absurd. The 3dGamemaker (despite it's faults) at least came with some different weapons like the crossbow and the banana gun. Plus it also had different themes (horror, war, cartoon etc). People have been crying out for more character packs, but TGC seem to be more interested in their own agenda, rather than pleasing their customers. If they are going to carry on releasing weapons packs, they should at least start thinking out of the box. How about a set of Civil war or Western weapons or maybe something unusual things like a Blunderbuss?
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 10:01 Edited at: 15th Dec 2006 10:04
Quote: "TGC seem to be more interested in their own agenda, rather than pleasing their customers"

What are you talking about? This dude has probably been working on these models for quite some time and people crying out for character packs? maybe in the last week or two but for the most part it's been about the fire power. Your new to these forums so I will try not to blow up on you to hard, but do us a favor hop down from the soap box. Model pack 5 was created by jon fletcher not TGC. In fact this is the first weapon pack that TGC has created.

Quote: "How about a set of Civil war or Western weapons or maybe something unusual things like a Blunderbuss?"

You are extremely funny to me now! you go from soap box rockstar to contradiction bob in about 3 sentences very stylish in my opinion.
Quote: "
at least came with some different weapons like the crossbow and the banana gun. Plus it also had different themes"

This one does have different themes to it, but ya need to think outside of the box. uhm...funny when our words are turned around on us. In any event welcome to the forums and try refraining from speaking until you have thought it through completely!

Regards,
RF

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 12:45 Edited at: 15th Dec 2006 12:46
This pack will now release early Jan. The sounds will take too long to develop so we'll delay the release a little to ensure quality.

We are also removing any (c) names and logos to ensure we are legal.

Model packs take time to do and we do have more in the pipeline. Characters are probably the hardest ones to do but we will put more attention in that direction.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent Gun models, looking forward to this.
Having the hands match Jon's weapons would be a great feature...considering if you want to use both packs in the same game.
As for future model packs? Characters would probably be the best way to go.

When I step into this library, I cannot understand why I ever step out of it.
muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Reality Forgotten, yes I am new to the forums, but I've done a lot of searching. You say to get off my soapbox, but that is what I've seen you do over and over again on many topics. I'm not contradicting myself, I am just saying that if they are going to release weapons packs they should be something different. There have been very little pre-20th century items on these forums and none from TGC. What I would really like is maybe some monster packs, or animals would also be good, but why does each pack have to be set to a single theme anyway?
Sure model pack 5 wasn't created by TGC, but at least it had melee weapons, this one is so similar to other models released by various people on the forum, that it implies that TGC have no imagination. I have bought a model pack (number 3), though it was almost a gamble as there is so little info' on the product page and customer services wouldn't help. I think TGC are going for the easiest options, rather than creating a selection of different interesting items.

P.S. Maybe you too should check your posts through completely, it looks like a child has written it. your should be you're and jon fletcher should be Jon Fletcher!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 16:07
Quote: "but why does each pack have to be set to a single theme anyway? "

Okay, how bout this, 3 objects per theme/time zone? Not exactly an easy way to develop a game, and it becomes almost useless.

Quote: "that it implies that TGC have no imagination"

Really? It was fairly imaginative that they could pull off this product in the first place!

Quote: "What I would really like is maybe some monster packs, or animals would also be good"

Bond and Jon are making some Fantasy packs

Quote: "P.S. Maybe you too should check your posts through completely, it looks like a child has written it. your should be you're and jon fletcher should be Jon Fletcher!"

Not everyone has the time to spell check their posts. I don't, RE probally doesn't, heck FredP probally doesn't!

@Rick - Sounds fine by me, more time, more quality. Plus, maybe I'll have some left over money from upgrading my computer after Christmas (though I doubt that ) that I can spend it on MP6.

Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 16:56
muggins, TGC has to consider things from a business perspective. A Civil War pack would not sell very well. But if you want Civil War weapons, you are always free to make them yourself. For the prices these packs are selling for, which are extremely reasonable, TGC can't afford to take chances on unproven genres. For FPS games, the proven genres are modern, horror, sci-fi, and WWII.

muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 18:15 Edited at: 15th Dec 2006 18:23
Airslide, I'm not going to bother to comment on all of your replies, as this argument could go on forever, but people who don't spell check and who make such basic mistakes are just pathetic. English is the language of Shakespeare and Wilde, but a lot of people forget that. Besides, I originally was just putting my opinion across as a customer, it was Reality Forgotten who wrote a sarcastic reply and turned this into a heated debate.
Why are you so protective of him anyway?

Luke314pi, maybe a Civil War pack wouldn't sell (though you could make some very original games), but it would be nice to see something pre-20th century, that isn't Medieval. Yet another modern themed pack is just banal.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 18:57
muggins majik,
I am going to assume from the intent of your post that your disagreement has come to an end.
Nobody's perfect and we generally don't pick on people for spelling errors.
Different people live in different countries and some people spell things differently than you or I might.
This argument won't go on forever because I am putting a stop to it so let it die.

Quote: "Yet another modern themed pack is just banal."

People are fickle.
You are entitled to your opinion...however,I am not going to complain.
This is only the second weapon pack released by TGC...only two for First person Shooter Creator...
It might be the opinions of others that TGC still hasn't released enough weapons packs.
I am sure TGC is going to keep on releasing model packs because they know I will buy them.
If the next one is not to your liking then wait...maybe a future one will make you happy.
Complaining about this model pack won't do any of us any good...it's pretty much a done deal already.
Let's all get into the holiday spirit and try to get along.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 22:33
I think everyone needs to shut up and stop complaining These weapons are awesome.

Quote: "How about a set of Civil war or Western weapons "

How bout no. First of all. There is no segmenst for civil war era. Second, there are no entities for civil war era. Third there are no segments for western style. And last there are no entities for western style.

Quote: "
Amazing! Fpsc was an acura, but she is on her way to be a Fararri.(Yes it's a South Park joke.)"

That was an awesome south park episode.

Fred- I know you said that this argument would end but I had to post it. People are just wayyyyy to selfish and want the model pack to fit only what they want.

Tiggle Bitties

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 23:31
Quote: "I think everyone needs to shut up and stop complaining. These weapons are awesome.
"

I think only mods are allowed to tell us to shut up. Besides we don't all need to have the same opinion. It's great that you like them, but with Model Pack 5 I've got more weapons then I can ever use, so not every one is thrilled about this pack. Everyone should be allowed to express his/her opinion, even if you agree or disagree.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 00:39 Edited at: 16th Dec 2006 00:40
Oh, Rick, one thing - can you PLEASE make/consider the liscense for this one to include us DBPro guys! We're tired of FPSC terps getting all the cheap goodies

See:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=1&t=95325&p=0

I think people would even be fine with it if you still had to own FPSC, as long as you can at least use them in DBP (not nessasarily other engines like, say, Torque, but just DBP & FPSC)

Also mentioned in that thread is an interesting aurgument - for our side - in that FPSC is, in reality, a DBPro game. So, how can you restrict us DBP users?

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 02:57
bajezes! those look swell simon!

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroup.be/
drew4663
Years of Service
User Offline
I like everything except for the arms on the hk23. The wrist looks really wimpy as well as the fore arm. I don't really like the two tone glock either.....BBBBBUUUUUUTTTTTT!!!!!! Before I get flamed HAHA (gotta love tgc fans) I love the weapons pack and will be buying it. I think you guys did great in picking the style of weapons. Suitable for past and present day times.

That's awesome how dedicated and fast tgc is working on making sure fpsc users are happy. GO TEAM!
muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Benjamin, it's nice having the same opinion as such a highly respected member like yourself.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:26:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:26:52