Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Official Model Pack 6

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Time to clear some things up:
The gun pack content was entirely up to me, I just chose weapons that I liked or had a lot of reference for, or ones I was just working on for fun.
Jon Fletcher has creator owned copyright on his models and I won't be stepping on his toes (or arms) by making our models compatible....sorry but thats the way it goes. The chances are they aren't very compatible anyway.
I'm a freelance artist, and will be making royalties from this pack, quite simply, I have a living to make and need to create packs that will make sales. Sci-fi and fantasy media don't seem to sell well, I think, because people have very different ideas on what exactly sci-fi or fantasy is.
Secondly, FPSCv1 was always built to handle projectile firing, modern day type weapons, theres no support for Plasma guns, gravity guns, lasers, crossbows and BFG's .... sure you could put a model in, but it would basically still be a machinegun or rocket launcher.
For the time being I will concentrate on generic media.
Having said that, if anyone wants to commision me to work on some bespoke models then email me and we'll bash out a deal, I work for around £12.50/hour
If you've any requests for future packs then email me, if I get enough requests for a particular genre then I know I'll make some sales.
TGC currently don't have any work for me after spring 2007, so I'll be trying to make a living from teaching and Game art packs(I teach degree level Animation as well as Computer Game Art at Solent university). Expect to see more packs in the next year.
simon@thegamecreators.com
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 23:18
@ Simon

Don't stop the way you're going, the model pack looks excellent!

@ Muggins Majik

Think about this, an owner of FPS Creator really badly wants to make a game, finds he/she is repeatedly using the stock media too much, and all the levels look the same. Now say they have no modelling/scripting experience, they rely on model packs to get them along (really good model packs by the way), and while in the middle of a modern themed game, waiting for the next model pack, comes all different themed model packs, that person can't now make any progress in his/her game because a 2 headed monster doesn't fit that well into a shooting gallery game.

Sorry for my rudeness and that sudden outburst but i need the modern style packs at the moment, i'm really looking forward to this pack

so what's the job?
Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Airslide--

Considering that DBPro got a good deal of attention from TGC for at least two thirds of this year, I think you guys have gotten enough. FPSC people were given the bad end of the stick until September of this year.

As far as I'm concerned, you DBP people can wait a while...we had to...

Formerly JMC...
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 00:06
Quote: "Considering that DBPro got a good deal of attention from TGC for at least two thirds of this year, I think you guys have gotten enough. FPSC people were given the bad end of the stick until September of this year.

As far as I'm concerned, you DBP people can wait a while...we had to...
"

HA! You guys pay half what we pay for EVERYTHING! You guys are even getting DarkLights and DarkAI FREE! And you think us getting more updates warrants higher prices that you guys?!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 00:44
This bickering is senseless.
First of all the folks at TGC decide who get what and how much it costs.
Second of all we are on the same side here.
Airslide is an FPSC user as well.
I think (and I have stated this in the DBP thread regarding FPSC model packs) that TGC should allow DBP users to use the FPSC model packs in DBP.
Once again,however,the decision is TGC's and not mine.
There is no reason for any animosity between the FPSCers and DBPers.
We are all trying to accomplish the same thing here if not with the same engine.
What next?
Users coming from the Texture maker forum cracking on us?
Come on guys...please try to get along.
It is the holiday season.
Think of it as a Christmas present to your mods.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 00:50
Number one killer amongst Developers is developer on developer violence......'er or spell check . break the cycle mates!

Thanks for the clarifactaion simon, I will keep your email for the future as I may need to requisition your skills.

Regards,
RF

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 03:28
Yes, it's true...I like extra cheeese on my pizza..

Scottie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 04:59 Edited at: 18th Dec 2006 05:29
WOW! Very real! Very nice! (I just saw pics of the new weapons)

Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 10:22
To be quite honest, I'm quite pleased with TGC's work on Model Packs as I recall around March time we (the community) was constantly complaing to TGC about the lack of content and weapons. Yet now we have 2 weapon packs and 4 entity/character packs and your complaing that we now have too many weapons.

Stop complaing about the lack or too much content and start suggesting what your wanting, failing that, do what Bond, Jon and many other's have done and create it yourself.

Personally I cant wait for Pack 6 and it's on my shopping list. You can never have too much choice in creating something.
sexy_legs
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh no not more guns this isn't going to help with my safari game.
RickV I have put a suggestion thread in the suggestion board for new model packs please look at it when you have a chance honey, we need animals to shot at

x x x
niftypuss
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys,

I think the new weapon pack is great!!. I understand that people are entitled to their own opnion so I am going to give mine.

I realise people are moaning about another Weapons Pack but at the end of the day the moans will start again soon, if another weapons pack is not released because once again "there won't be enough weapons" etc etc etc.

I expect Simon has put in a lot of hours with the Weapons Pack to get them up to the high standard the rest of his models are at and I think they look exceptional and very realistic.

@Simon, good luck with the next Model Pack, keep going and I am sure the offers will flood in for work. Your work is fantastic and if I needed anybody to create a model for me.. I would definately chooosse you!!!
sexy_legs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 15:32 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2006 07:15
RickV

here is the link

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=95926&b=26

x x x
sexy_legs
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you looked yet RickV?
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2006 01:11
I need to send this back up, weird the way model pack 5's thread is more popular than the model pack 6 thread, I still think these weapons are awesome, especially since it's the first weapons pack made by TGC for FPSC

so what's the job?
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2006 01:18
They are awesome but there not finished...thats why the thread falls to oblivion. If you read, the sounds are taking a wile and now there thinking more and changing copyrighted logos on textures.

I'm sure they will make a new sticky when the time is at hand.
the programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Now simon i have a quistion for you. Was there no hands on the first set of weapons because of the speed issues or somthing else. Just wondering It looks fanominal great work now your all out and about making great weapons like john.

Great work Happy XMAS and happy holidays to all FPSC developers.
The programmer
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2006 04:41 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2006 04:44
Hands, hands, HANDS!! What is the infatuation with hands around here?

Jeez I must be the only person here that DOESN'T want hands on the weapons...I like the anonymity of no hands. I mean, what if I want to make a game where you play as a robot/droid, or any other non-human. Or what about a game where you play as (*gasp*), a girl? Plus the fact that the hands will always look different between packs...

Great looking weapons though!

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2006 04:48
That is why I am putting the hands I want on the weapons I want...but in the end it might be just easier to not use hands at all...
The guns do look good.

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2006 05:07
Quote: "...I like the anonymity of no hands."

exactly what I think too! hands kind of limit what your main character can be, and you don't want limitations to your imagination.

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2006 05:11
Quote: "
Jeez I must be the only person here that DOESN'T want hands on the weapons...I like the anonymity of no hands. I mean, what if I want to make a game where you play as a robot/droid, or any other non-human. Or what about a game where you play as (*gasp*), a girl? Plus the fact that the hands will always look different between packs..."

I agree. Of course, putting a trasparent texture in does the job. Like the one for MP5.

Jikito
Years of Service
User Offline
these models are beautiful.. I would love it if you came up with a femme fatale model pack.. us girls are totally unrepresented =) altho the hairy arms and stuff look good in the model packs.. we have no girl arms *pout* we wanna be heroes too!
Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2006 20:27
Yes! I might actually buy this pack! Great work!

Game Programmer, Modellor of Encrypto Studios.
Hatchet about 9% Complete (2D Game)
Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2006 01:20
This looks pretty AWESOME.
I love it![b][u]

Elite OPS Terrorstrike. Im 1/3 of the creators!

>>-----> Warren

Elite OPS Terrorstrike a modern shooter check it out below

http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Shaka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2006 01:41
hey when do u think the actual release date is? im going to buy it but i need to no when i can I LOVE FPSC!

Kill Count Prodiction Games
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice, I was just about to order Model Pack 5 then, but now this is coming out, i'll wait and buy this, purely because of the dual-wielding.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2006 03:30
Quote: "I think only mods are allowed to tell us to shut up. Besides we don't all need to have the same opinion. It's great that you like them, but with Model Pack 5 I've got more weapons then I can ever use, so not every one is thrilled about this pack. Everyone should be allowed to express his/her opinion, even if you agree or disagree."

They probably are the only ones aloud, but oh well. I agree with you but some people are being a little rude. And he's probably been working on these weapons from before mp5 came out. I'm probably not going to get the pack because I already have mp5. And I'm not exactly THRILLED that this is another weapon pack but I still think it's great. I'm not saying you can't have your opinion, just don't be rude about it. Especially muggins majik.

Tiggle Bitties

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2006 03:53
Let's drop the disagreement.
I am buying model pack 6 and I am happy to have more weapons.
I'll take all of the models I can get.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2006 04:31
103.65454% agree with you fredp

Tiggle Bitties

drew4663
Years of Service
User Offline
Is dual weapons with just this pack or can it be done with say....model pack 5 as well? Did the game engine have to be modified in order to support that option opening the possibility of other weapons having the same feature?
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2006 05:25
Weapons are animated like that. Game engines have little to do with how many guns can be used.(as evident with butters dual glocks long before the inclusion of FIRESPOT02,SMOKE02,etc)
PS Studios Entertainment Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2006 07:11
Thoses guns looking amazing! wow good job on the modeling! can't wait for this pack!

P.S. Studios Entertainment
New owner of PSSE...Ramsay
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2006 07:35
Yes, similar hands is a must. It would be absolutely rediculous to not be able to use these guns along with model pack 5's since they are of the same theme. I would still buy them, but it really would suck to only be able choose between the 8 different guns in this pack, since it would be stupid for the players' hands to change when swapping weapons. BTW-awesome textures, can't wait until they're in my hands.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2006 07:38
Maybe next a pack with guns like this one

(I love my Mosin Nagant)

(I can get tons more real pics of WW2 esque guns similar to this if anyone wants to model them)

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
@FPS Gamer:
Quote: "oh my god im trambling i cant wait i want to but model apck 5 but what model pack 6 argh im scared. if i buy 5 then i can only get 6 a month later"

I beg your pardon?
@Simon
You're the best man! I love new weapons! Will this be out for next christmas? I'll get it then if it is! WHOOOOOEEEEEEEE!

[center]
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2006 13:59
@ phlum

if you read the thread, you'd realise that this pack is coming out early january

so what's the job?
sexy_legs
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice to see another girl on here Jikito, I was starting to think I was the only one. What type of game are you making?
sexy_legs
Years of Service
User Offline
When are you going to look at my Model pack thread RickyV?
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2006 11:05
@Schwale, where'd you get those pics? They look pretty nice - Is that a kar98?

Is that all the weapons being done in this pack, by the way?

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2006 23:32
this weapon pack is really nice. i am definently gonna buy it.

-AaronG

My signature has been erased by a Mod, and I am quite proud of it. (Mods, by saying this, you still have no logical reason to ban me.)
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 05:29
Quote: "My signature has been erased by a Mod, and I am quite proud of it. (Mods, by saying this, you still have no logical reason to ban me.)"

Quote: "3.12 We do not tolerate 'trolling', the process of posting inflamatory messages for the sake of starting an argument, or being plain obnoxious."

Apparantly you did not read the AUP or you did not understand it.
You have been instigating problems recently not only with the FPSC forums and it mods but also in other TGC forums and with other TGC mods.

You have violated section 3.12 of the AUP as I have quoted above.
There is a logical reason to ban you.
You have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

cocodude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2006 22:58
Quote: "this weapon pack is really nice. i am definently gonna buy it."

Wow. That was really deep...

anyway...
This weapon pack is AWESOME! I am going to buy it the DAY it comes out!

A good friend will bust you out of jail...but, A TRUE friend will be in the cell beside you saying, "Man, that was fun!"
SilverMasters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 04:36
wow, awsome Simon . thankx TGC..

HOPE has Wings
C_Coffie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 06:05
hey are there going to be regular fist in this pack like model pack 5. because i cant decide which one i want but could really use fists in one of my games.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 21:23
Is this for the new FPSC for Vista?

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too big
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 21:25
Quote: "Is this for the new FPSC for Vista?"

no

Tiggle Bitties

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 11:04
@ Swhale aka The FPS Creator:

Nice Mossin Nagant!! You might want to check out my WW2 Weapon Pack thread. One of the weapons is a mosin nagant (and a scoped variation of it):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=79863&b=24
AE

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 16:22
Wow, this is going to probably be one of the best model packs yet! The quality of the models, and the textures are superb! Thank you Simon for all your hard work to get this media to us! Model pack six has my money!
Regards,
-Sunflash

"I must tell the Queen that a robin has seen Cludd hanging about. No, thats not right. I must tell the robin that Cludd has been hanging the Queen..." -Mossflower.
A4 PrOdUcTiOnZ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 16:09
Hey Simon great model pack, I just paid for it and now i'm only waiting for download approval

www.a4productionz.com
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 16:13
Same here.

http://www.mk83productions.com http://www.freewebs.com/mk83
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 19:13
Yay, now I can order it too!

"I must tell the Queen that a robin has seen Cludd hanging about. No, thats not right. I must tell the robin that Cludd has been hanging the Queen..." -Mossflower.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 03:19:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 03:19:56