Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Dev-C++ DarkBASIC Professional Plugin Template

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 06:13
Sorry about the double-post, but I finished that tutorial.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=108702&b=20&p=0

Cheers,

-naota

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 10:56 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2007 11:42
Something wierd is happening.

Last night everything was working fine...

I wake up this morning and now DBP won't find any of the commands in the DLL I made. I get error "Could not find the command at line 7"

Just to double check I was copying it to the right "/plugins-user" directory I dropped a Sparkycollision DLL in there and that is detected.

I went back to DB User examples and their dll won't work either when placed in "/plugins-user" but the pre-compile DBPPlugin_HelloWorld.exe in the sample hello world directory picks up my changes to the DLL just fine.

So whats that all about then? Sound like a bad config file somewhere to me, but where?

[update] tried rebooting PC still got the same problem...

[summary] DBP can no longer compile with a Dev C++ DLL but a DBP.exe pre compiled before this issue can use the DLL.

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 12:44 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2007 12:50
ok just ran another test.

recopied/installed HelloWorld
copied over the DLL to plugins-user
DBP compiles and it works
I make changes to HelloWorld
Compile it in Dev C
The sample.exe shows the changed DLL code fine.
copied over the new DLL to plugins-user
DBP compiles and gives the error cannot find command

WTF!?!?

If it helps I'm using Dev c 4.9.9.2 (5 beta) and everything is installed in the default folders.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 13:03
Try an older version of Dev-C++, or a stable version. Also, follow the newly created tutorial. It's not just a tutorial, it actually contains other usefull information. I put a lot of work into that too... It would be a waste to not have a look.

Cheers,

-naota

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 13:32 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2007 14:26
ok, maybe making a DLL from scratch will solve this config issue.

Thanx for the tutorial [goes off to read it and see if it helps]

Missing bits from the tutorial..

step 3 You get asked where you want to save Messagebox_Plugin.dev, make a folder for your project and save it in there.

step 6 After pressing CTRL + F11 you get asked to save main.cpp, header.h, commands.rc these should be saved in the same folder.

Brilliant, DLLs are working again!

Thanx DB User 2006+, you're a star

My little DoSum DLL to send two integer and return the result which somone might find useful to learn from..

main.cpp

commands.rc

DBP

sending 1,2 to the DoSum function returns 3, nice I can start work on my Encryption DLL now

Milkman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 17:09
Glad you got it working.

Who needs a signature?
GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 17:25 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2007 17:26
I was wondering, I want to return two values from a function and is it possible talk to the DLL using references?

Gamers for sale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 21:10 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2007 21:16
I also have found out why the string table is not working properly. It was the new Dev C++ beta version five and below is the example.

It is the same problem from the last version with the last export name being a little messed up. I found that if you press no or yes to the message below it will have the last string table entry with the DLL’s name.

Error Message:

You have profiling enabled in Compiler Options and you are working on a dynamic or static library. Do you want to add a special linker option in your project to allow compilation with profiling enabled? If you choose No, and you do not disable profiling from Compiler Options changes are that your library's complication will fail...

Example:

==================================================
Function Name : FreeObject
Address : 0x6a594874
Relative Address : 0x00014874
Ordinal : 2 (0x2)
Filename : DarkWorldPlugin.dll

Function Name : dll
Address : 0x6a594842
Relative Address : 0x00014842
Ordinal : 1 (0x1)
Filename : DarkWorldPlugin.dll

It could be any part of the name. This example it just used dll at the end. Sometimes it might only used world.dll or something like that.

I would give people a warning that the beta version 5 of Dev C++ will have these errors.

Edit: @GatorHex: I got the DLL to work finally for input! Thanks!

GFS

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 00:05
@GatorHex
Glad you got it all working. Your step 3 was left out on purpose. As for your step 6, I forgot all about that. , I think I had it disabled in my own dev-c++ setup. Which is kind of odd, because I cleaned up my desktop, reverted to the Windows XP Luna theme, and tried to make everything look like it would to the end-user. Thanks for bringing that up.

You can not return more than 2 values, however, you can allocate a single chunk of memory for the 2 values, then return the pointer (as a DWORD) to the end-user, who can then toss around the values to his/her pleasing, you would have to provide a function to grab the values from it though.

@GFS
Glad you got everything working.

Cheers,

-naota

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 01:17 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2007 02:21
I could append my values to a string instead of returning 2 values

but I've tried all day to return a string from the DLL to DBP but I've not had any luck.

Do you have an example of this? Here's my pathetic efforts to figure it out

or

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 02:20
Milkman has suggested this (gota get some sleep, so won't know if it works until tomorrow)

jaden decar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 02:34 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2007 02:52
I am having trouble with the 3rd release of your wrapper DB user. The problem is, the project compiles fine, but it never creates the dll, just a .a file. Anyways, if you need the source, it's just a tutorial function:

main.cpp:

header.h:

and commands.rc:

EDIT: woops, just noticed that I had Static Library selected instead of DLL for compile options.
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 03:50
@GatorHex
If you want to append a string, try this function:

Also, to return a string, you MUST use "dbpstring", or the exact functionality that dbpstring goes through, otherwise your string won't be properly returned, and might not work correctly.

Cheers,

-naota

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 22:27 Edited at: 24th Jun 2007 00:03
@ jaden decar - 1 "RETURNVALUE%L%returnInteger" shoulf have left square bracket in it if your returning a value eg. 1 "RETURNVALUE[%L%returnInteger"

@ DB User - Thanks for the string function. Well i eventualy figured chopping chars myself, but I'm sure your example will be faster. I feel like I've gone back to the dark ages of programming ^.-

Wot you mean use "dbstring"? I'm using
DBPCMD
and
#define DBPCMD extern "C" __declspec ( dllexport )
and
StartFunction
i dunno if that helps, i think i'm missing some kind of information coz i am having wierd problems. I saw one function return another functions value and this below..

1 "DF_SETPASS%S%DFSetPass" //This is okay the string comes into the funtion
2 "DF_ENCRYPTSTRING[%SS%DFEncryptString" // no string comes in, but output of a dummy string works ok.

I don't think it's my CPP code because it's working for 1in and is the same for 2in so I'm guesing a problem with stringtable or something else?

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 23:40 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2007 23:40
looking at something IanM wrote i can see C++ strings don't sit neatly into DWORDS like DBP wants.

I can't wait to hear about "dbpstring", it might be the last piece i need for this crazy jigsaw

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 00:38
In order to return a string, you MUST use dbpstring, like below:

Also, DLLCMDC does what DBPCMD does, it was provided for a reason. <Your choice in which one you use>

The dbpstring function was written by Three Score (I think it has anyways).

Cheers,

-naota

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 01:55 Edited at: 24th Jun 2007 02:28
Hmm...

return dbpstring("Hello World!");

works...

char* myVar = "Hello World!";
return dbpstring(myVar);

works, but..

DLLCMDC DWORD DFEncryptString(char* eStr)
{
return dbpstring(eStr);
}

crashes out DBP. Any ideas how I can fix it?

2 "DF_ENCRYPTSTRING[%SS%DFEncryptString"

I'm not convinced the above line is passing the string correctly from DBP coz i can scoop up the other passed variable in

1 "DF_SETPASS%S%DFSetPass"

and return it back to DBP no problem. Problem with the framework or problem with me?

I think the variable is staying NULL and not being assigned a value.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 03:11
Maybe this will work:

Or, perhaps this:

Cheers,

-naota

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 03:42 Edited at: 24th Jun 2007 03:51
Sorry both crash. Realy think there is nothing at the memory address :/

because if i use

GetGlobStruct()->PrintStringFunction(eStr,false);

it always prints nothing or a return char and also sending a string with a void return, works fine.

Anyway got get some sleep

P.S. I could send all my strings in one function and return them in another so I guess it's not project critical. Just needs looking into me thinks.

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 13:38 Edited at: 24th Jun 2007 18:34
OK here's some further research i did into the problem..

If I send string on one function, save it in a global and return the string on a different function it works!

however if I send 2 ints and return 1 sting that messes up! PrintStringFunction prints nothing and returning the string back to DBP makes it crash.

I have sent 2 int and returned an int in the past ok just fine.

I think something screwie is happening only when you reference an address to turn it into a string in a function with multiple inputs.

Wierd, but I hope that helps track down the issue.

[Summary of what works and what don't]

Gamers for sale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 00:30 Edited at: 25th Jun 2007 04:46
A helpful link to find a stable version of Dev C++.

Dev C++ version 4.9.8.0:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10639&package_id=12148

@DB user 2006+ - This plug-in template will greatly help me out for my project Dark World!

I already have several plugins I intend to make!

Here is a short list:

Dark World Core functions
Dark World Communication with VB
Vertex Minipulation Plugin
Scripting Plugin - DB Pro KOL(Dark Basic Professional Keyword Oriented language.)
Dark World Commands
Compact EXE Run-time Plugin

More info as I begin development!

Edit{ I installed the other version of Dev C++ and put the template files in the right folders, but for some reason I got a new error. I created a new project and I am getting all these errors. My other plugins created with this template run fine, but any new projects I create won't work.

Compiler Errors:

Errors:

Also any plugins commands aren't understood by the DB Pro compiler. (This was happening before this problem.) }End Edit

GFS

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 05:46 Edited at: 25th Jun 2007 05:47
QUOTE:

Using Direct3D with your plugin.
By default, Direct3D is not included with your plugin. You require it if you are using GlobStruct, but it is not available to the end user otherwise. However, you CAN include the proper Direct3D files simply by defining the INCLUDE_DIRECTX macro. (#define INCLUDE_DIRECTX)
With that macro specified, you automatically get access to severel new functions/variable: g_pDirect3D (Variable), g_pDirect3DDevice (Variable), dbGetDirect3D (Function), and dbGetDirect3DDevice (Function). It is assumed that you know how to use Direct3D prior to using this macro.
If you want Direct3D include, but don't want those extra functions/variables created, then after the INCLUDE_DIRECTX macro is defined, define the NO_EXTRADX_FUNCTIONS macro (#define NO_EXTRADX_FUNCTIONS).

END QUOTE.

You need the DirectX SDK for Dev-C++.

Cheers,

-naota

Gamers for sale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 18:36 Edited at: 26th Jun 2007 01:23
Thanks! I forgot I download the Directx Dev Pack. I would suggest putting the link at the first post and making a note that this is required to use Directx. - http://www.devpaks.org/details.php?devpak=136 -
I got the string table problem fixed! I just downloaded version Dev C++ version 4.9.8.0!

I only have one more error to fix.

EDIT: I can't get it to reconize my commands.

String Table:

Functions:

END EDIT

I would suggest making a FAQ it would really help the stream of Newcomers trying to make there own plugins! What I would do is post a link to the older version of Dev C++ and the link to DirectX Dev pack that I posted. Also have examples of returning every possible type.(String, Integer, Float...) I tried to start it, but my commands aren't reconized. For the next tutorial I would start out small. Start out by showing the user how to return every possible type and try different combinations for input and output. Also the commented function and resource string for the string table I was trying to have a function return a string from a variable and it doesn't work for char. I would show an example for that too.

Thanks for all your help!

Have a cup of coffee!

GFS

Dark World Website Launched![href]http://www.darkworldengine.co.nr
[/href]Blog with updates of Dark World Launched!
http://www.darkworldengine.blogspot.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 22:41 Edited at: 25th Jun 2007 23:04
GamersDBP don't understand the command if you write you brackets without a space between the command..

DF_EncryptString ("estring")

or if you have messed up the syntax or number order in the string table.

DB_User
I converted over to 4.9.8.0 and it made no difference to me (except my exe got bigger)
I still have the following issues

OK - string(void)
OK - void(string)
OK - void(string)->global-string-var->string(void)
OK - int(int,int)

BAD - string (string,string)
BAD - string (int,int)
BAD - string (string)

Seems to be a string passed with any other type at the same time = BAD

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 00:52
char* lrs;
DLLCMDC DWORD DFEncryptDirectGet(void)
{
// Why does this work
// lrs = "1";

// but this crashes DBP?
// sprintf(lrs, "%d", 1);

return dbpstring(lrs);
}

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 01:12
IanM suggested this...

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 01:40 Edited at: 26th Jun 2007 01:57
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 02:09
@GFS
Quote: "
1 "GET INTEGER[%L%ReturnInteger%"
2 "GET INTEGER VARIABLE[%L%ReturnVariableInteger%"
3 "GET STRING[%S%ReturnString%"
"

There should only be TWO "%" symbols.

@GatorHex
It is apparent that your string is NULL, and leads nowhere (It does not point to a character array). What IanM suggested is not the proper way to use this SDK, it might be the proper way to do it otherwise (Except, I recall that you have to return DWORDs for strings, unless I am missing something). CHECK the length of your string before returning it. For example:

Cheers,

-naota

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 03:31 Edited at: 26th Jun 2007 03:36
The string had a value, just something messes up, so checking for a zero value doesn't help.

I'll show you something interesting I found today though (that I removed from the post above) but could be useful i suppose to find whats wrong.

Some code that would cause DBP to crash

but i discovere the same values would work if i coded it like this [im doing this from my head so it may not be syntax correct]

It made it work without crashing but occasionaly there were mysterious trailing values that i didn't expect to see!

Well in the end I decided to stop trying to use strings, i cant risk having rouge values appear so I'm now just passing back DWORDs and do the string chopping from within DBP instead.

The result is I now have a working Encryption DLL
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=108716&b=8

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 03:39
@GatorHex
Your strings aren't being allocated memory. You MUST allocate memory for your strings. That's why using a fixed string length works. This isn't a problem with the template, it's a problem with the C++ code. Glad you got it working, keep up the good work.

Cheers,

-naota

Gamers for sale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 05:19 Edited at: 26th Jun 2007 17:41
@DB user 2006+ - I tried it both ways and still no change.

Quote: "There should only be TWO "%" symbols."
Under help-> technical documents it says that this is ok.

Edit:
I ran a test to see what was going on.

I have version 6.6 of Dark Basic Professional and version 4.9.8.0 of Dev C++ with the DirectX Dev Pack installed.

I took the original compiled dll in your Hello World Example. It worked. Then I clicked rebuild all and replaced that dll and it didn't work.

There is something wrong with the Dev C++ compiler or something with the code.

@GatorHex - For figuring out my problem: What version of Dev C++ do you have and do you have the DirectX Dev Pack installed?

I still can't get mine to work!

Attached is both dll's.

GFS

Dark World Website Launched! http://www.darkworldengine.co.nr
[/href]Blog with updates of Dark World Launched! http://www.darkworldengine.blogspot.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 07:14
@Gamers For Sale
Quote: "I have version 6.6 of Dark Basic Professional and version 4.9.8.0 of Dev C++ with the DirectX Dev Pack installed."

I have version 6.3 of DBP.

Quote: "I took the original compiled dll in your Hello World Example. It worked. Then I clicked rebuild all and replaced that dll and it didn't work."

Did you use the exact .DEV file provided?

Quote: "There is something wrong with the Dev C++ compiler."

There is NOTHING wrong with MingW (The Dev-C++ compiler).

Cheers,

-naota

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 15:50
The code I provided probably doesn't sit well with your plug-in - all the extra support functions are already provided by your library.

One thing I've noticed that is wrong in your library, and is also probably causing GatorHex's problems is that functions that return strings *always* have an extra parameter at the start of the parameter list that contains a pointer to the old string - it's your responsibility to deallocate that memory in your functions, and when calling DBPro internal functions, to pass a parameter that fulfils this (it can safely be set to zero).

Gamers for sale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 17:40 Edited at: 26th Jun 2007 18:00
Quote: "Did you use the exact .DEV file provided?"

Yes, if that is the project file. I loaded the project file and clicked rebuild all.

It doesn't have to do with Dark Basic Professional, but rather the code or version of Dev C++. If it the same version as you I would think that it would work.

[/href]Blog with updates of Dark World Launched! http://www.darkworldengine.blogspot.com
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the same problem as Gamers for sale. His link to the DirectX SDK for Dev-cpp resolved my compiler errors but I can't get the HelloWorld.dll to work after compile either.

An obvious difference is that the dll provided as 93kb and the one I compile is 16kb.

I used Dev-cpp 4.9.9.2.

http://3dfolio.com
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 11:48
I use Dev-CPP 4.9.8.0. I will install 4.9.9.2 since so many of you seem to be having problems with it. :/ I'm sorry for this inconvenience, and hope that everything gets sorted out soon enough.

Cheers,

-naota

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
I downloaded Dev-cpp 4.9.8.0 and everything compiled fine after I installed the DirectX SDK for Dev-cpp.

Gamers, you said that you tried using the 4.9.8.0 compiler. Try unstalling and start your installation from scratch.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 12:11
Good to know it now works.

Cheers,

-naota

Gamers for sale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 19:33 Edited at: 27th Jun 2007 21:39
I reinstalled about four times and recompiled and it still doesn't work with version Dev-cpp 4.9.8.0. If you want I can show you screenshots of exactly what I did. I don't know if it would help.

How I installed it:
-Installed in C Drive (Hard-drive)
-Installed Dev Pack
-I did it two different ways:
-Drag Manually
{
-Dragged template into the template folder
-Dragged examples into the example folder
-Dragged the dbpro include files in the include folder
}
Drag and have it put it in the folders automatically:
{
Drag to c drive and answer yes
}
-Opened hello world example
-recompiled
-Check this size and they were about the same:
-92.6 Original
-92.1 Recompiled
-Tested to see if original works when I drag it into the plugin-user folder and it worked
-Tested the recompiled version and it doesn't

Don't know if I am doing anything wrong, because I have uninstalled and reinstalled about ten times with different versions and everything.

I know it isn't the Dark Basic Professional version, because the original dll file worked.

I know it isn't the code because it is the same code that worked for you.

I have no clue what it could be.

The only problem I am having is the error message:
"Can't understand command at line..."

There is one last test I could try. If you could send your stable version of Dev C++ with everything already installed in a .rar or .zip file, or you could show me step by step of how you installed it and display all the specs of your computer and the programs it might end up working.

I am trying my best to pin point my problem. I will try a different version of Dark Basic Professonal.

Some other information is that with the latest version of Dev C++ doesn't have the same string table problem. It just has the same problem as the older version. I installed it from the site given in the posts above.

Specs:
Dell Computer
Windows XP Home Edition with service pack 2
Dev C++ Version 4.9.8.0
Dark Basic Professional Version 6.6
Template Version 3

I have also tested it on another computer.

I think I was able to get the previous template to work. I will try different versions of the template and see if I can get one to work with the hello world example.

EDIT: Tried different versions, no difference.

Let me know of anything that might help.

GFS

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 19:41 Edited at: 27th Jun 2007 21:00
Actually, I was mistaken. I still have the same problem that Gamers does and my file sizes match what he said.

I was able to compile but I forgot to copy the dll to plugins-user to test my build against the sample.

DB user, why didn't you make a template for VC++ or C# instead of Dev-cpp?

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 23:52
I used 4.9.9.2 the latest version if you call 2 years without development new.

What i found was that i had to create a new DBPDLL project then cut and paste the code over to it and it worked fine.

I tried 4.9.8.0 to see if it solved the string passing issues but it didn't. The only thing i noticed was my DLL was about 70k larger.

Gamers for sale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 00:25 Edited at: 28th Jun 2007 00:26
Quote: "I used 4.9.9.2 the latest version if you call 2 years without development new.

What i found was that i had to create a new DBPDLL project then cut and paste the code over to it and it worked fine."

I tried this and no change with both versions.

Edit: Check above for testing log.

GFS

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 00:35
Did you take notice of the big warning that said something like.. WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T INSTALL THIS OVER ANOTHER VERSION.?

Did you go into control panel -> add/remove programs -> removed Dev-C then it tell you to delete the DEV-C directory before you install another version.

Gamers for sale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 01:19
I have uninstalled by clicking on the uninstall .exe in the dev CPP folder and I have gone to control panel -> add/remove programs to remove dev c++.

It still doesn't work!

GFS

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 02:21
@Gamers
I'll setup my Dev-C++ for you, and send it. I am actually using a different folder (C:\dev-cpp2) for 4.9.8.0. For 4.9.9.2 I use C:\dev-cpp. I keep both of them nudged together happily, while I only use 4.9.8.0. If you have MSVC++ version 6.0 (Costs money), then you might not have trouble with the first release for MSVC++.

@Mistrel
Sorry you are having problems. For MSVC++ version 6.0, sure, for C# of any version, no. You will need version 6.0, I am not using any other version, sorry.

@GatorHex
I'm very sorry to see that everything isn't working correctly, I truly am. I will get this fixed soon.

@Everyone who is having trouble with Dev-C++
I'll make a MSVC++ template... But I don't know how to, I have never tried. Course, it could be pretty easy. Anyways, I will definately make sure that all the MSVC++ users are happy.... I prefer Dev-C++, but it looks like enough of you don't.

Cheers,

-naota

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 02:27
Quote: "@GatorHex
I'm very sorry to see that everything isn't working correctly, I truly am. I will get this fixed soon.
"

What you talkin about i released my Encryption DLL today.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=109067&b=5

I just decided to work with DWORDs instead of strings but it does the job nearly as well.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 02:29
Oh, ok good. Mind if I add a showcase section and feature your DLL?

Cheers,

-naota

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 02:41
Yeah you can say my DLL was written with Dev-C and your Framework.

"I thought it was pretty easy to learn, and I've not touch C++ for about 10 years!"

Make a link to my web page if you can I need all the hits i can get.

thanx

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 03:43
It has been added.

ALSO, for those of you looking for a DBP to C++ converter, well, here ya go:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=102507&b=29

Cheers,

-naota

dononeton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 03:45
So what this does is take DBPro commands and allows you to use them in C++ and make a plugin to use in DBPro. So basically you could convert all of your DBPro functions into a dll. PurePlugin does the samething but it is in BASIC and cost money a requires PureBasic which also cost money. How much faster would your program will run if you convert your functions over to a dll vs if you did not?

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+,MMX 3DNOW (2CPUs)
1024 MB RAM
GeForce 7300 GT 512 MB

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:18:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:18:31