Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / selling fpsc creations - skin packs ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 18:11
PAS Just got the mail just, Im doing some pretty shots of the skin I am releasing and Ill be putting that up soon, Ive got some work on at present so Im taken up, Ill get back to what you ask later Ive just got some things on the go first.
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 19:18 Edited at: 17th May 2007 19:21
@ Fallen One: OK. I am on my own deadlines, as well as I am going to be sending my game out to game centers starting on the first of June. So, if you cannot do it before then, I may not have a need for it anytime soon. So let me know when you have time and I will see if I will still have a need for skin packs by then. I would pay you extra for exclusive ones as I am doing this to add unique content to my game. So let me know if that is possible. Also, can you give me a quote right now as of how much each skin pack will cost to see if it would even be worth the investment? Thanks.

K.L. Phair
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2007 17:36 Edited at: 18th May 2007 17:39
Quote: "To gauge how many sales one can expect Ive done a character to download for free, I can track its downloads to see what size the interest is."

Where would I find that?

Although a better way to gauge interest would be to release a save disabled version of the pack.
The media would have to be encrypted, not only to protect your product but also to protect the models. If your demo had the clothes on the models but disabled the option to save the texture file, you could certainly see how much interest there is.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2007 19:19
Im doing the lightmaps of the free one now, but I have max 3.1 so Im having trouble as I dont see a render to texture button for the light map (light baking) Ive asked at some forums but havnt got an answer yet, might have to try something else.
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2007 23:26 Edited at: 18th May 2007 23:26
@ Fallen One: I could use your skin packs for another game I am puting together in FPSC. Let me know when you have time to work on it and I will tlel you which ones I need and if you could let me know the price it would be appreciated. Thanks.

K.L. Phair
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 01:57 Edited at: 21st May 2007 02:02
Finally sorted out light mapping for models, I'm going to release a free skin, do I put it on showcase or the models thread.

Also how do people release their skins, just a file with the skin and people import it into the game to make their own characters, or do you set up your own entity with it all ready to just put in and play, excluding the model as its from a model pack, so is not mine to distribute.

My pack will be as separate files to make your own, but for this single skin should I make it into an entity for the user to just slot in.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 21st May 2007 02:03 Edited at: 21st May 2007 02:06
Just to make sure you get a true reading from the users, I would start a new thread in the M & M with FREE in the title. It will draw users like flies to a street light. Be sure to include an in-game screen shot.

best.

EDIT. Most people release only the texture with a short discription and instructions where to put the file and for which model it is.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 02:12
xplosys beat me to it.
Models and Media would be the best place to post it.
And you might put a link to this thread there in case somebody missed it.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 06:07 Edited at: 21st May 2007 06:07
cant release it yet. the lightmap from 3ds max has created black seams in the map edges.
see here
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106684&b=21
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 06:19
Fllaen one, I was just wondering when you were oging to get back to me about my email. When will you be available about requests or are you only doing a model skin pack and no personal requests? Thanks.

K.L. Phair
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 11:33
well putting any skins out is a problem at the moment.

see here.
Render to texture, Seams on the lightmap.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106684&b=21&p=0

Quote: "I have no idea why a Max owner would want to ask a forum full of 12 year old kids.....Knowing the old guys wont say a word.

Loc"
apache4ed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 02:47
All this talk about skins. I could use some ss troopers in dot 44 pattern uniforms. Some 82nd airborne guys and a few french hookers for a WW2/si-fi game Im thinking of creating, oh ye and some zombies in ss uniforms. I would love to learn how to creat my own skins if some one would send me some tututoials on it. and what soft ware to use

no game to tame
Foxhound7
Years of Service
User Offline
Fallen, love the skins you did, I'd definitely be interested in talking with you about ideas for skins, textures, etc. I'm working on a near-future sci-fi shooter. I'm looking for, well, basically, space Communists and space NATO soldiers. I'm also looking for someone to re-texture the arms in Model Packs 5 & 6 to match with the NATO theme. Lemme know if you're interested.

Your signature has been erased by a mod

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:21:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:21:28