Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / i-Rating Board-The New Independent Game Rating System

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 20:24
As some of you know form reading the other thread talking about starting a new independent rating board inside the thread talking about issues with the ESRB, I am here to give updates.

Now it has been a big internal conflict within myself of whether or not to charge or offer a free service or a combination of both. I received some good input for a charged service and was going to go into a partnership, however, after doing my research and seeing that this would not only deflect my main purpose and being asked "what was the first intention of the board, to make money or help developers?" I have made a decision. My original intention was to help developers, however there are costs to doing this. Game reviews take a lot longer then anything else and it costs money to have this done properly. I am not Donald Trump so the idea for a small fee was good, especially since I did want to build this to rival the ESRB and take this beyond the forums community.

However, after speaking with several people, trying to rival the ESRB immediately would mean that I would be losing sight of the original focus. That focus being helping independent game developers obtain a ratng that is more dependable then the free ones where they rate them themselves.

The combination service would be that you can pay to be reviewed first. However, that would even be biased in its own way, because for the developers who have no money, they would lose out. That in its own way would use money to come ahead and to me that is the same as the ESRB. If you have no money, then you have no rating. I really want to take a stand that this is not for profit and more for the integrity of games and for contributing a image to benefit developers and parents alike. So, this will be a 100% free rating board that I will be seting up. However, free does have its limitaitons.

1.This is a first come first serve basis. Ratings will be done in a timely manner and not rushed for the integrity of the rating itself.
2.Ratings may take more time then others depending on the length of the game.
3.Ratings will be rated according to ocntent as the raitng board deems to rate it. There will be no favorable or unfavorable ratings. Basically its like that saying, "I call it how I see it."
4.This is free so please bare with me on geting things done and answering questions and setting things up.
5.The raitngs will have certain requirements that are being worked out and specified now by me. To use the rating these requirements must be followed. They will be nothing unreasonable but since this is a free service and will remain one, then I will ask of some things.
6.This rating board will more then likely never comapre to the ESRB, so please understand that. However far this goes and popular it gets, I do not know. However, despite that this will not be an ESRB rating, it will give your games more then a self rating with benefits I will specify later.

So now that this is announced I will get to work on things. I am extending the date to June 15th as I need a bit more time to do this in between doing my own things.

As a suggestion there will be a donation button, but I do not expect anything from this. With everyone else doing free things in this community it has driven me to stay on my original train of thought. As I said there will be limitations as far as how fast a rating can be done, but it will be done as quickly as possible.

I thank everyone for their support.

K.L. Phair
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 05:50 Edited at: 28th May 2007 05:53
Quote: "I am not Donald Trump so the idea for a small fee was good, especially since I did want to build this to rival the ESRB and take this beyond the forums community. "

I agree.

Quote: "However, that would even be biased in its own way, because for the developers who have no money, they would lose out. "

Then how about this...
Most of the ones who can't afford a small fee are under the age of 18, right? (not all, but most)
So make it free for minors and charge the adults a small fee. (the adults likely have a day job)

It's just a thought, but the donations buttons are a good thing too.

~ ~
I also want to rival the ESRB with an alternative ratings board.
To me, the ESRB has a monopoly going, and that irritates me.

Best of luck to you.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 06:20
Quote: "Then how about this...
Most of the ones who can't afford a small fee are under the age of 18, right? (not all, but most)
So make it free for minors and charge the adults a small fee. (the adults likely have a day job)"

I could do something like that or do a priority thing, but to make it completely equal I will do it for free. It will just be a first come first serve basis when it gets set up. I will honestly admit that I do not expect this to become widely popular on a major commercial level, and if it did I would be greatly surprised. I am keeping my expectations to a low level of demand, but you never know. This may become popular. I am going to be adding in some extra things to promote the rating board, but nothing on a large and major multimedia level.

Quote: "I also want to rival the ESRB with an alternative ratings board.
To me, the ESRB has a monopoly going, and that irritates me."

I know. It reall irritates me that they can pretty much charge anyone anything and control so much of the retail market because of it. As it was said before, if you get enough rating boards eventually one of them will make it to the ESRB's level someday. This will be a continual project that if it ever does go big, I would expect it to take at least a few years. Either which case I will keep it free and depend on the donations as I am sure a percentage of people will support the good intentions of this project.

I thank you and everyone else for your support.

K.L. Phair
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 06:39
Good luck with that. I really dislike what the ESRB dose.

FADE Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
ESRB can kiss by tushie! It just isn't... Cool. They do run a monnoply,

Manager Of The Soon To Become Known Fade Studios
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
It's a nice idea, PAS but in the end, what can/will you offer aside from a standardized ratings logo? The ESRB spent (spends) a good deal of money and effort to become the defacto means of rating game content. In practical terms an ESRB rating serves to protect retailers and publishers from getting sued. Helping parents choose appropriate content for their children is secondary.

Unless an "i-rating" were something that would be recognised by retailers or more importantly, Windows Vista, I'm not sure I see the point when a developer could slap on their own reccomendation and have the same practical impact.

As for charging for the rating service, I can completly understand a nominal fee to offset costs of processing/listing, opperating a site whith explanations and marketing fees. However, i thnk it should be free to developers who wish to accept a default mature rating (or whatever your most "protective" rating is depending on if you also wish to rate games the ESRB would consider "AO"). A simple yes/no list of content questions the developer could submit to you beforehand could really streamline things.

Really, the only reason you would need a board of reviewers for is for games attempting to get a non-violent, non-mature rating. Save for games made in the stock German version, I'd think about any FPSC game would be automatically "mature" as there is red blood and killing of humans. Obviously there are some exceptions and those would warrant further review.

Just some thoughts.
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 08:47
Quote: "It's a nice idea, PAS but in the end, what can/will you offer aside from a standardized ratings logo? The ESRB spent (spends) a good deal of money and effort to become the defacto means of rating game content. In practical terms an ESRB rating serves to protect retailers and publishers from getting sued. Helping parents choose appropriate content for their children is secondary.

Unless an "i-rating" were something that would be recognized by retailers or more importantly, Windows Vista, I'm not sure I see the point when a developer could slap on their own recommendation and have the same practical impact."

I had the same thoughts.

Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 09:00 Edited at: 28th May 2007 09:01
good luck i hope this works out

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
FADE Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
PAS, You are like the buisness man of this forum. I swear. Looks nice, I might consider.

jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 09:31
man that would be very useful i tried to join esrb but they never sent my password!

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin.
Work in Progress...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 12:37
I Have to agree.Despite the fact that FPS Creator is rated 12+ at least here in America just about any FPSC game would be rated M for mature by the ESRB (or just about anybody else).
And a bad game deserves an additional disclaimer.
When my game is finished I will have a simple disclaimer:
This game contains adult content.

ZAKU
Years of Service
User Offline
Guys, I understand the eed fr rating your games,

Why not use:

http://www.tigrs.org/

It has two functions, easy and full to rate almost any type of game.
It also provides you with the graphics to show the ratings on your box art or Webpage.
Just a thought.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 16:36
ahh yes but you could rate your game anything with that. Good luck with this PAS, rivaling ERSB will likely never happen but you never know.
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I am wondering how it is that a rating that is not ESRB will be recognized by the game browser in Vista. That has to happen for people to see their games listed there so they can choose to start them.

I know the game browser can be turned off, but most people will use it for the conveinience. In order to get everyone to turn it off, you would have to contact everyone on the planet that has vista and Then you would have to convince them to turn off something they find very useful.

ESRB and Microsoft have obviously come to some sort of agreement. In order to get into the loop any other ratings board would probably have to do the same.

I think that another rating board for indi is a good idea. It just has some big obsticles to get over.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 21:58 Edited at: 28th May 2007 22:00
Quote: "I Have to agree.Despite the fact that FPS Creator is rated 12+ at least here in America just about any FPSC game would be rated M for mature by the ESRB (or just about anybody else).
And a bad game deserves an additional disclaimer.
When my game is finished I will have a simple disclaimer:
This game contains adult content."

This is a good idea too. I mean at the very least, if a developer is not going to use a rating board they could at least do this. The reason why Tigrs was developed as stated on their website, was so that any developer had a option to place a raitng symbol they deemed fit. That left no excuse as to why a game did not have a rating. So, that is a good idea what you said Fred P. Its the very least someone could do for their content.

Quote: "ahh yes but you could rate your game anything with that. Good luck with this PAS, rivaling ERSB will likely never happen but you never know.
*Slayer_2"

I agree which is the point of this rating board. I like the way Shadow Heart did the ages, so each game rated would go into each age. So if it was age 14 and up, instead of saying T for teen, like the ESRB, it owuld specifically say 14+. It would be more specific then the ESRB on age and it would also have other things like N, V and other abbreviations. For 18 months it would also have its own review page on the rating boards website, where the records could be viewed publicly. On the rating label it would also have a website link for that specific games rating and a tracking number. There are some other benefits being put together and I was also considering seting up to capture small video shots of some parts of the content so they could also not just read about the content, but see some examples of it. That way the parents could decide if it was truly somethign they would want to shield or not. I am puting other things together tied with it as well, but overall, the rating would be there to protect the developer from being declared as not being responsible for labeling precautiosn to their game like content, as well as providing consumers and parents information regarding age appropriate content for their games. By using this approach, it is more likely that parents would consider buying the game if they know the specifics of the games content and can see some examples that are not graphic of what this content looks like. I named this Independent Informed Rating, because it is independent, and it is a free service to keep people informed on age appropriate content. It costs a devleoper or publisher nothing, and the only limitaitons is that it may take some time to get your game reviewed as it is done in order, however all reviews will be done as quickly as possible without sacrificing the integrity of the review. Unlike Tigrs, this is not a self review. This is a third party review. There is a big difference, and the review is on content only, not on game play etc. I am thinking of maybe down the line making a game review service for gameplay, but that would be down the line if it ever happened. Anyways, so this would provide custome labels as well. Like on the review label, the games website, if applicable, the games review link, the age that it fits, abbreviated content, and a written letter of the review to help the devleoper bring it to stores or anyone else they want to present it to. There are other things that will be involved, but this is a very brief description of how this review board would differ from Tigrs and any other self review a publisher or developer could or would give themselves. After I get everyhting fully planned then I can point out specific points.

Quote: "rivaling ERSB will likely never happen"

Yes, I have accepted this. That is why thios would be for free. I am not charging and am doing this for the good of trying to contribute something to the gaming world on aindependent level. Even if it does become popular, I will keep the system the same. Its good to help out where you can. So that works for me and makes this 100% worth it.

Quote: "PAS, You are like the buisness man of this forum. I swear. Looks nice, I might consider."

Thanks. This one is non-profit but I do run several other non-profit things and several profit things not involved in gaming or even animation. So, I am glad to help out where I can.

Quote: "man that would be very useful i tried to join esrb but they never sent my password!"

They have submission guidelines. Did you read them and follow them?

Quote: "good luck i hope this works out"

I am not trying to make any money off of this so it should work out fine. People may have to wait a bit to get their game rated, but, thats the price of free sometimes. I will be contacting you shortly about the graphics for the ages you made. I could use those if you are still open to that.

Quote: "I am wondering how it is that a rating that is not ESRB will be recognized by the game browser in Vista. That has to happen for people to see their games listed there so they can choose to start them."

I have never looked at Vista, but I would think that they would have aprogram in Vista that checks the records of all the games rated form the ESRB or something else to verify the games rating. I am not sure about this, but it is somehting like that I am sure.

Quote: "Unless an "i-rating" were something that would be recognized by retailers or more importantly, Windows Vista, I'm not sure I see the point when a developer could slap on their own recommendation and have the same practical impact.""

The difference between using self raitng and the i-Rating, is that the i-Rating is from a third party with a unbiased review. I already have several different people who are from different organizaitons that believe in game rating. Now you must understand why this is important. Yes, I will more then likely never have the i-Rating compare to the ESRB, but that is not the intentions of this program. If that were the cas eI owuld have made a paid service. I did not even make a paid service to get a game reviewed priority. This is because there are so many independent games that avoid ratings because A)Self Rating is pointless as it can be rated naythng. You might as well do what Fred P said and say it has explicit content or adult themes and content. B) Because of this there are many independent games thta are not rated that slip through parents hands. It is impossible for parent sot review everything that doe snot have araitng fo rtheir kids. Now with the ratings so frequent, lots of parents expect to see osmehting and when they do not, many make the mistake its appropriate because if it wa snot it would say so. Many people sya use Tigrs, but if thta was the case you might as wlel make your own rating board for your games because it would be the same thing, self rated. So, this will not be comapreable to the ESRB, but it well goes above being self rated. By trying to join allegiances with these different advocates, it will help build a great deal more credibility with the i-Rating system then a self rated game. I have even pitched the idea to one person that their group could help rate games to make it even more credible. So, some may think it is worth it some may think it is a waste of time, but i dont see how it oculd a waste of time since it is free. However, I am open to criticism to this like anything else.

K.L. Phair
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 22:00
so ur not charging pas? thanks if so

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 22:05 Edited at: 28th May 2007 22:06
No, this is a no charge service. This is for
Quote: "FREE!"
Quote: "i-Rating is free!"
I am sorry if I gave the impression that this was a paid service. It is free, which is why it is a first come first serve basis. My explanation on the first post was that I was considering it to be paid to be able to rival the ESRB, but decided against it. I am content if this never rivals the ESRB and I od not expect it to. The point of having this i-Rating service is to benefit the independnet gaming community as anyone who is not independnet can get game ratings for themselves or can though their publisher.

K.L. Phair
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 23:16
oh ok that's good

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 04:29 Edited at: 29th May 2007 04:35
Quote: "ESRB and Microsoft have obviously come to some sort of agreement. "

No agreement really as I see it.
Microsoft wanted this built in and at the moment, ESRB is the only "recognized" ratings board out there.
The FEDs are fed up (pun intended) with their ratings though.
They are trying to pass laws now (as most of us already know) to make the ESRB actually examine the entire game before issuing a rating for it. (I think it will pass if it already hasn't)
The trick to rival the ESRB is to create a stricter ratings board than the ESRB.
Then, you could sell some Senator on the idea that he might get more votes if he supports you ratings board over the ESRB.
This kind of publicity would certainly get the national attention that would be necessary to cut a deal with distributors like the ESRB has.
Really the tactics being used by the ESRB by requiring the chains to sell only the games that use their ratings is far worse than what Microsoft was found guilty of in their 'anti-monopoly' case.
This stricter ratings that I am talking about would be easy to set up really. (just be anal about the content)

Anyway that's how I see it if you want to get in on that game big time.

Quote: "rivaling ERSB will likely never happen"

Bah humbug!
With the current controversy, right now it the best time to attack the ESRB and hard.
It's dog eat dog in their world, so get biting.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 05:37 Edited at: 29th May 2007 05:37
Quote: "With the current controversy, right now it the best time to attack the ESRB and hard.
It's dog eat dog in their world, so get biting."

I understand and agree with what you are saying. All I am saying is that my intention is not to compete with the ESRB on their level, and that my main purpose of the board is to offer a true, concerned and non profit group to do ratings for the best interest of developers and consumers. I think that standing by this mission, the ESRB will hear about i-Rating sometime in the future. Expecially since it is free and I am trying to team up with different concerned groups.

K.L. Phair
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 17:22 Edited at: 29th May 2007 17:23
You will need volunteers to evaluate the games when I-Rating gets big enough. Im a good choice, I beleive, because of my attention to detail and I have children here. I would not want them playing certain games that I play because of the content. I would be reasonable and would not object to other people testing the same game and have us all vote on a rating. There are points in my week where I can devote a whole day to this if need be. It is important enough to make time for.

I have a number of different formulas in mind that could serve as guidelines to help the evaluators come to a rating decision. I would be happy to make up one and send it to you PAS.

Just let me know.

I will do what I can if you let me.

We can all meet in my chat site if you like sometime and talk about it real time.

Im not asking for money. This is to important.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 17:41
Quote: "You will need volunteers to evaluate the games when I-Rating gets big enough. Im a good choice, I beleive, because of my attention to detail and I have children here. I would not want them playing certain games that I play because of the content. I would be reasonable and would not object to other people testing the same game and have us all vote on a rating. There are points in my week where I can devote a whole day to this if need be. It is important enough to make time for."

Thanks. I will keep you in mind. Feel free to send me your contact info via email.

Quote: "I have a number of different formulas in mind that could serve as guidelines to help the evaluators come to a rating decision. I would be happy to make up one and send it to you PAS."

I am always open to hear suggestions and ideas as you never know when you will come across a good idea. So feel free to email me your comments, suggestions and ideas that will make this rating board more sound then the developments that I already have in place. As I said, this is free, so anyone who collaborates in this effort will only improve the rating board and will ensure the success of it.

K.L. Phair
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 21:49
Quote: "They are trying to pass laws now (as most of us already know) to make the ESRB actually examine the entire game before issuing a rating for it. (I think it will pass if it already hasn't)"

Wave byebye to elder scrolls V

E.D.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 01:54
Quote: "You will need volunteers to evaluate the games when I-Rating gets big enough. Im a good choice, I beleive, because of my attention to detail and I have children here. I would not want them playing certain games that I play because of the content. I would be reasonable and would not object to other people testing the same game and have us all vote on a rating. There are points in my week where I can devote a whole day to this if need be. It is important enough to make time for.

I have a number of different formulas in mind that could serve as guidelines to help the evaluators come to a rating decision. I would be happy to make up one and send it to you PAS.

Just let me know.

I will do what I can if you let me.

We can all meet in my chat site if you like sometime and talk about it real time.

Im not asking for money. This is to important."

Incense, I was wondering if you were going to send those rating structure ideas my way or if you changed your mind. Thanks.

K.L. Phair
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
@PAS
I sent one to games@egamestudio.com

Is that the right email address?

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 06:22
Quote: "I sent one to games@egamestudio.com

Is that the right email address?"

Yes. I got it thnaks. I will look it over and send you an email back tomorrow. I will post here when I send the email back. I appreciate you contributing time to this. Thanks.

K.L. Phair
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 20:21
Incense, I just emailed you back. Feel free to rpely back when you have time. Thanks.

K.L. Phair
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2007 00:38
OK, With the help of incense, he is helping me form some ideas for how to rate games compiled with my own ideas. So, I want to thank him for devoting his time for free in doing this as his help is appreciated.

I have some ideas to make the i-Rating very complete and yet still free for a rating. There will be many benefits and it will still appeal to major publishers as wlel as low budget publishers who want extras for a small fee. These benefits have nothign to do with the rating, but actually include distributing the rating of a game to major networks to receive specific attention ing the gaming market. These fees will be evry modest and are only additions for publishers who are seeking that extra attention.

Not only that, but I have some affiliations in negotiations to get some political support hopefully, as wlel as strategic group and parent support. Also, I am seting up on running public awareness campaigns related to games, that the board will be heading. Campaigns will be focused around providing better solutions to parents to fight against violant games that could reach their childs hands. It iwll eventually lead to literature of what to look for in games to help avoid expose damaging things thta coudl help a child reach violant behavior. It is like in a liquor commercila and you see the company say we support driving responsibly.

This may never compete with the ESRB, but the ESRB will have acontendor for advocating ratings, and as this is non-profit, they will have nothing on this rating board. I will be submitting a press relase on this in August most likely, but will have the board together and set up completely by some time in July.

So I hope that this gives hope to some people and sheds some new light. As I said, this is a private rating board whatever happens I will have fun providing it to game devleopers, whether it is small or becomes large.

K.L. Phair
FADE Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Starts to Clap

MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2007 14:45
Quote: "Starts to Clap "

copies.

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Jun 2007 17:38
Hey PAS, Have you got the Graphics for the little logo thingy that goes on the games, Like that boring ESRB Sticker? If not I'll do some.

I would love to help you with this.

And Thanks for giving me advice and what not for the podcast thing.

King Regards,
Duplex

See The Duplex Creations Website at:
http://www.duplexcreations.mdhost.info
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2007 19:54
Quote: "Hey PAS, Have you got the Graphics for the little logo thingy that goes on the games, Like that boring ESRB Sticker? If not I'll do some.

I would love to help you with this.

And Thanks for giving me advice and what not for the podcast thing.

King Regards,
Duplex"

No problem. I will put my ideas together and email it to you in a jpg format. It would be greta if you could enhance it for me or give me some new ideas.

As far as the Podcast goes, dont worry. You just have to remember that with whatever you do in life, it takes time. My podcast I have not really updated that much with gaming, but I did my own tlak show before and I had over 300,000 different subscribers. I took me one year to get that many people to listen to it. Feel free to go to my podcast www.egamecast.org to check it out. Nothign new has been added in a while but wil be as I will be announcing a lot of stuff. Just have not had time to record it yet.

If you need any help with naything that I can contribute to, just let me know. If i have the time and cna do it, then its not a problem. I will send you an email by Wednesday for sure. I appreciate your help and support in this.

K.L. Phair
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 00:03
Duplex,
I sent you the main image part of the logo to your hotmail account.
Thanks.

K.L. Phair
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 14:15
Quote: "I sent you the main image part of the logo to your hotmail account."

Ok, but I hant received it yet

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 15:26
Quote: "Ok, but I hant received it yet "

OK, well I did not send it form a Yahoo or Hotmail account as it was sent from Games@EGameStudio.com

Check your bulk folder because usually places like MSN, Hotmail and AOL throw emails with odd extensions in the bulk or if hotmail ha s asearch feature then try searching for the message by typing in the email address that I sent it from listed above.

Thanks.

K.L. Phair
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 15:48
Nope, can you send it again? Use My other e-mail:

ashley.tayles@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Duplex

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
PAS, I have emailed you a revision of my previous content chart. It really seems to be taking shape. Let me know what you think.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 16:25
@ Incense: I emailed you back a few minutes ago. Looks superb. Let me know if there is naythign you need to pilish up and I also put a question in there. Thanks.

@ Duplex: I emailed you the image again. Also, do you do custom design work for games?

K.L. Phair
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 16:42
Quote: "@ Duplex: I emailed you the image again. Also, do you do custom design work for games?"

Sure, and thanks.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 00:39
Sounds great PAS Off topic: Hey FADE studios, do you play RO mod? I saw someone on today with the name FADE playing MP,
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 05:05
Announcement: OK, thanks to Incense, we now have arating system in place. He did a superb job and he will hopefully continue to help keep this board highly reputable with its rating system.

It is now up to me to finish things up, finish the details on the logo, which Duplex is looking over and hopefull cna help improve it, as well as making the website and informaiton for the content.

So, by June 20th I should have the website up. That is my goal if not sooner.

I thank everyone for their support.

K.L. Phair
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 17:57
Yh, I'me looking at it now, I havnt got much free time at the moment, I got to find time for work and study and Grahics, but I can ganantee that I will be able to put something together By Sunday if not before.

Duplex

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 21:46
Duplex, I just emaile dyou back and take your time. I will not be reayd with the website for at least two weeks. So theres no rush. I appreciate your hlep and support. Thanks.

K.L. Phair
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 22:37
Ok, thanks, I replied.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
This is getting exciting! I can't wait to see where it goes.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 05:13
OK everyone. I am currently working on the content for the website for the i-Rating board game rating system. It will not be anything complicated and I am going to try out the website in Flash first. If it lags in loading then I will switch it to something else. I honestly do not forsee that happening as I am pretty good on load times. I will try to have the website up by the 25th of June at the latest, but I am going to do my best to have it up sooner then that.

I will keep everyone updated on the progress of the website as I get closer to completion. When I am finished with everything I will post a link and information about the different features.

K.L. Phair
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 05:14
ok sounds great

EOT
[img][/img]
FADE Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
No sorry I don't, may be one of my employee's though

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 06:03
OK. Here is the update. Incense provided the plan and Duplex sent me a good image example. I am currently working on the website. Flash site with quick loading though. Should have it ready and done by July 15th everything if all goes well. Once this gets done then I will talk about the bonus features that are optional but have nothing to do with game raitngs. I know I am behind schedule but things are taking abit longer. Sorry for the delay.

K.L. Phair
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 06:31
Thanks for the update.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 01:23:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 01:23:49