Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Vishnu v1.4 Game Protection Released (56k warning)

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 02:07 Edited at: 5th Jun 2007 20:14
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
After some major work the release is now here with some new features and new protection methods

I like to say thanks to Candle for his help and idea's also to the beta tester's.

Best s4
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 02:22
A little side note:

Those that have purchased any version of Vishnu™, will be receiving an email in the next 24 hours for a download link. That that may want to purchase Vishnu 1.4 may notice the Paypal link says 1.2. Payment is good for any version and the version number on your receipts will all say 1.2, but you'll be sent only the most current version.

Loc

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 17:56
All of these were sent off this morning. Let us know of any problems.

Loc

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
I've tried to run a small game several times and it just exits to the desktop after the decryption phase. I'm not using any multimedia files or a different background. I allow the registry keys to be set and the game is a known good sample. I have .NET2 installed, the latest DX files, etc.

Nice product so far,though.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 19:20
I used this to package my multiplayer game that is in the Showcase forum (shameless cheap plug).You guys did a good job on Vishnu and I cannot thank you enough.
Incidentally,I have noticed that using Vishnu when packing games decreases their file sizes signicantly.With single player games that I have packed it has cut the file size nearly in half.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 19:28 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2007 19:29
Quote: "With single player games that I have packed it has cut the file size nearly in half."

WOW, that's a huge plus!

Two things I noticed with Fred's game mentioned above.

1. A screen says something to the effect of "Please wait wile the files are ......" and while is spelled wrong.. I don't know if that was a Vishnu screen or a Fred screen.
2. Fred, on your loading and exit screen it says "Press F12 to exit Vishnu", and it probably should say "Press F12 to exit [game name] since people can't tell that your using Vishnu or know what it is.

It's really looking professional and I was impressed with the speed.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 20:26 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2007 20:35
Fred was using a beta if its saying press f12.....Cause thats removed in the final.

No idea on your problem Dave. Send one of us your packaged test(or send us a link if it's to large for emails). No one else has had a problem on Vista or Xp. Please include any comp stats so we can try and duplicate it as accurately as possible.

I feel kinda embarrassed that that was released like that...we'll get a revised version out in moments in regards to the spelling mistake(he's compiling it now).....

And yes, any instructions you have for exiting should reflect your game. Vishnu's footprint on your games, besides the icon, should be non-existent. I mean it's fine if you want to advertise us, but we sure don't expect you to. It was made the way we'd want it....only reflecting our game..

Little side note: I removed the download wile s4 packages the app again. Soon as it's uploaded I'll post here, so you guys know. Your same individual keys will work to open the installer, and are now tied to your email accounts.

Note two: Dave when this is posted, try this version. It really shouldn't make a difference but it's worth a go regardless.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 20:32
Actually it's the background image I made that says press F12 to exit Vishnu.While it does say this in the instructions that are included in the installer you know how people can just click to accept the license agreement and go on...
I used the final version to pack the game.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 20:42 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2007 20:49
Well you don't have to really say Vishnu Fred....We really don't expect people to advertise for us. I mean we made this as ambiguous as we could, only difference being any version we distribute our game with, would have a game matching icon...Really with all the movie and bg stuff and music, it's really stuff we were able to do with FPSC anyways with s4 scripting the setup.ini. We just wanted everyone else to be able to do it as well(plus you betas whine like school girls...."I want this"..."I want that"....."Dose it do my banking?" hehe)

PS I'll have to check out your game

EDIT: Xplosys, didn't we send you a copy as a freebie? If not, it must be because I used the pay pal receipts as my mailing list. I had to email myself some names that S4 had given to, and I may have to do that for you so your not forgot. If you could email me on the account you want registered, I'd be happy to take care of that.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 20:54 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2007 20:57
Ohhhh..I know Darks problem....He didn't rename The fpsc exported .exe to 'Game.exe'. Step one in the Quick start guide.

Maybe you did and you have another problem, but this happened in 1.3's beta testing as I remember. So it's a strong possibility.

Regardless if you send a link to your test it will get looked at.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 20:55
I figure the more people who see Vishnu the more people will buy it.I want everyone to protect their projects against piracy as much as possible.When I am happy with a product I recommend it it everyone...
And I don't want Vishnu to do my banking but it would be nice if it brought me my coffee...

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@Loc:

No, I didn't rename it. I thought it was going to do this for me. Sorry. I'll try again.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the feedback Darkfact and X, yeah sorry about the spell mistake and this is being changed now.

@Dark Yeah Ive not added that feature yet and will be in future version's wanted to get all the other things sorted first.

@Fred I will have to check out your game as well and thanks for the free promo.

Best s4
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 22:56 Edited at: 6th Jun 2007 01:47
Just for fun.....
Image added back... this is not a real box!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 23:16
OK Candle...I know your helping alot, but now they'll want a darned boxed version for 10.95

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 23:22
Quote: "Ohhhh..I know Darks problem....He didn't rename The fpsc exported .exe to 'Game.exe'. Step one in the Quick start guide."

That gets me every time! lol!

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 23:25
Sweet,Candles.
Hey...why didn't I get a boxed version?

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 02:17
That would be my fault Fred. lol
But I do hope you like the new options that were added .
Look for more in the future.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 16:17
To be honest guy's, when this first came out I was a little worried about it. There were what some considered to be a number of complicated steps, the encryption was being questioned, and the end user was left to make some decisions that he should not have to. That coupled with the track record of this community for completing a project left me with less than a lot of confidence.

The new version has restored my faith, especially in the end-user area, which I consider to be most important. Vishnu is about as transparent, seamless and self-operating as any program I have seen. If what FredP found about the file size being reduced is true, and I have to do some testing, then you have removed another big hurdle in the process.

LOC, I sent you an e-mail. Please send me the boxed version.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 20:33 Edited at: 6th Jun 2007 01:48
That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
So in 1.4, the player will not see any relation to Vishnu at all, or will it still use the Vishnu launch again? Or was that just a trial version that did that?

Either way I'm either buying Vishnu 1.4 or Phoenix. I think I might go with Phoenix because of compatible files, but the way Vishnu seems to be written seems A LOT more hack-safe. Was it written in C or was it written in DB?

Phoenix or Vishnu? That is the question.
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I think I might go with Phoenix because of compatible files, but the way Vishnu seems to be written seems A LOT more hack-safe. Was it written in C or was it written in DB?

Phoenix or Vishnu? That is the question."

Phoenix and Vishnu are designed with separate markets in mind. We're not in competition. Or at least, we're not purposely in competition. This is why Phoenix is priced more than double that of Vishnu for the PGP Standard Edition.

I'll let s4 or Loc tell you about what they used to program Vishnu. If you'd like to discuss how hacker-safe the Phoenix code is, please go to our Phoenix thread.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 02:29 Edited at: 5th Jun 2007 03:22
As Darkfact said we not in competition, you have to make your own mind what software you want to buy.

Vishnu has no watermarks or splashscreens when u put your own image's and vids, the only time you have any vishnu splashscreens if you use the default image's

@X Yeah the program is being updated all the time and I understand people's ways on the forum about new software with the past history that nothing come's out.

Vishnu when it came out was still in early stages but I hope people will see now that improvments are being made all the time and we are always welcome for any new ideas people would like to see.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 01:11
@All
Guys you should have all received an email telling you your download is ready. The keys you were sent will be used again. If theres any problem please contact either S4 or myself.

@Candle,
Lol, man you didn't have to remove your picture. Heck as a joke I even made a Vishnu box entity I was going to post here saying, "If you want your darn box, just down load it."

@Xplosys,
I send you an email. Let me know if you have any problems. And Fred is 100% right on the file size deal. The game I use to test Vishnu with is 154 mb with out any video, music or a splash screen image and once packed, the whole folder with all those items weighs in at 77.0mb. This of course, is only going to help with your uploading and downloading of the games. Once Vishnu decrypts it's game data, FPSC is just as slow for the loading of the game.

@That C++ Nerd,
I don't think discussing any part of it's construction is a good idea. Not really sure what you mean by "compatible files". And I hate to be bias, but your asking if Vishnu or Phoenix in a Vishnu thread. Of course I'm going to say Vishnu. He's got a great product, but it's totally different. For the Money Vishnu can't be beat. S4's intention was for affordable,low foot print, media protection. And it just keeps getting better......

@addressing S4's post,

X, I never align myself ever with people that don't do exactly what they say they're going to do. People around here may love me or hate me. What even the haters can't say is, I've ever lied on this forum. People may not like at times what I say or how I say it, but no one can ever argue the fact my associations with people like s4 at s4projects.out-lawz.com or Codemaster at wc.out-lawz.com are ever done with people that don't have the highest of moral fortitude. If I believe in a person I don't mind helping at all. I won't allow anything less around me. I have not the time for liars, thieves, and people that misrepresent themselves.

Loc

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 01:20
Quote: "I don't think discussing any part of it's construction is a good idea."

That would pretty much defeat the purpose of it...like saying "you need a secret password" and then telling the password.
The less I and everybody else knows about how it works the happier I am.I am impressed with this and it does indeed just keep getting better and better.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 01:48
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 01:53
Do we get a new e-mail or just use the link from the last one?

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 02:10 Edited at: 6th Jun 2007 02:13
Fred....lol...your on the Beta list so I thumb my nose at you guys...lol...Yeah the old link should work, and the key. S4 takes care of you beta guys usually personally so unless I hear the rattle of change in the can....you get none of my attention...lol

ps: I guess I should send terry and rolfy emails as well...No idea who all's on Beta other then you 3 and I know theres more....

pss: Candle,did s4 send you a link today or ever? I don't see your name on the keys list...Thats it....I'm flyin to England and kickin S4 square in the tea and crumpets.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 02:36
We talk about it so everything is cool.

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 05:12
Received mine, not the boxed version though.

Thanks guys this will really come in useful,

Terry
alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 06:00
I might actually get this.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 03:52
Quote: "I might actually get this."

You should , the next update is going to be really nice.
And

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 03:55
Quote: "And"

And what?
I recommend Vishnu...but if you have read the posts in this thread or downloaded my latest multiplayer game (yet another shameless cheap plug) you already know that.
I did forget to mention the top notch customer service.Some of the best customer service around.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 04:01
the And is just you have to wait to see what is next
i just got done with something for it.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 06:05
Quote: "Either way I'm either buying Vishnu 1.4 or Phoenix. I think I might go with Phoenix because of compatible files, but the way Vishnu seems to be written seems A LOT more hack-safe. Was it written in C or was it written in DB?"

I have lagged on geting Vishnu or PGP simply because of the new construction involving my game. However, botha are great to get.

I am going to get Vishnu for my demo games. It does compact the game into a lot smaller file and it offers good hack proof protection. Perfect for smaller games that you would want to use for for demos and it is cost effective.

I am going to us ePGP for the full version boxed game. It costs more and all, but I am going to get the edition that hsows no PGP watermark etc.

All in all, both are great and can serve multiple purposes. Vishnu 1.4 can be a good way to make demos that cannot be hacked into and make them so compact they are downloadbale, and PGP is another way to have a great security system that will also have your own icon etc. (depending what ediiton you get), that can generate key codes, online registration etc. They are both good, but if I could only get one, I would say Vishnu 1.4, simply because it is beyond affordable. Anyone on a budget Vishnu would be the choice. Both are great however, and the cater to different budgets, but if it were not for Vishnu, then you would have to pay more to get protection. If you can, get both to support both people.

Thats just my thoughts.

K.L. Phair
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 16:35 Edited at: 7th Jun 2007 17:07
Well I ran FredP's game and accidental clicked on join game and there were none! so I attempted to find the back button but none of my binds worked(Alt+F4, Alt+Tab etc), by the time I pressed all of these my mouse had frozen and I realized escape key went back. However my mouse was stuck and I couldn't click the exit game button! After a while I had to do a hard reset to gain control of my PC again!

While I'm all for game protection, crippling PC access like that is far too extreme. What if a user wanted to co-ordinate an online game via MSN/Xfire? they must close the game in order to do that which is far too extreme in my opinion.

I personally don't recommend this to anyone as people will dislike playing your games with such restrictions, I also fail to see the reason behind imposing these limitations as the media is still very easy to obtain from the game as seen here in FredP's game:

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 16:43
Quote: "I attempted to find the back button but none of my binds worked(Alt+F4, Alt+Tab etc), by the time I pressed all of these my mouse had frozen and I realized escape key went back. However my mouse was stuck and I couldn't click the exit game button! After a while I had to do a hard reset to gain control of my PC again!
"

Same thing happened when I packaged one of my games.

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 16:45 Edited at: 7th Jun 2007 17:00
Quote: "Same thing happened when I packaged one of my games."

Me too. Luckily I didn't have to do a (potentially damaging) hard shutdown, as the power button on my PC puts my PC into sleep mode, and when I started it up again FPSC crashed.

Also, placing the decrypted files on the HDD completely destroys any hope of media protection.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Dark coder : Fred P game is packed with an early version of vishnu and many issues have been fixed in future versions, it would be nice if you email me your findings instead of posting them on the forum for all to see.

There is a lock system that can be easy to release by using the ctrl key so this info has been added to future release.

@All :

If anybody has any issue's or would like to see a feature please post here but please dont show image's that could help piracy.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 17:04
Mouse was stuck? Hmmmm...OK thats something no ones ran into. Your best bet is going to be to send your findings into s4 personally.....Or me and I pass them on....exactly what you were doing...all that kinda stuff...

No one had come across this in testing.

There are contact addys on s4's site.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 17:14
I had an issue when I acciently hit the "join game" button too.But I just pushed a few keys (just started tapping all over the keyboard so I don't know which key/keys I pressed) to take me back to the menu.I assumed it was an FPSC problem and not a Vishnu problem so I didn't bug s4real about it.
I am hoping in the next day or two (maybe later today) to have the next beta on my site packed with the latest version of Vishnu that I have unless s4real is going to send out a newer one (he likes doing that).
I do appreciate the feedback.Not only does it help make Vishnu better it helps in the development of my games as well.
My apologies for any confusion.
BTW i am getting ready to check and see if that happens with the MP game before or after Vishnu is used.

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 17:19
Quote: "@Dark coder : Fred P game is packed with an early version of vishnu and many issues have been fixed in future versions"

Could you post one created using the latest version then?

Quote: "please dont show image's that could help piracy."

How does my image help piracy? I even blocked out the root path. The point of my image was to show that if people really want to get media from a game they can. There is no point in seriously annoying any user of the game to the point where they could lose files on their HDD(which could lead to loss of work/people getting sued), like said above by multiple users, they had to do hard shutdowns to disable the application which is going too far as you'll only end up hurting the legitimate users and not the ones who the app is aimed at.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 17:23
I am going to have the game uploaded with the latest version as soon as possible.I do know that in some cases key functionality can be regained by pressing the ctrl key.
I am checking out some stuff and I will get back as soon as I can.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@dark coder : Thanks for your input in this matter I will be emailing you today to get some more idea on your issues.

OK Because of issues with beta's I'll be water marking all betas now so they dont get released by mistake.

Best s4
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 18:20
Yeah accidentally happened with Rolfy too in the 1.2 version. S4 had me make up a watermark for his betas, so now they will all have this huge logo and "Beta testing only" across the screen.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "people will dislike playing your games with such restrictions"

To be honest even since the earliest beta's,I have not encountered any of these problems,probably because all I do is package and play.
In this respect I am probably not the best tester to use,I'm just average Joe with no coding experience,so I dont try to break the program at every opportunity.
This is probably the first multiplayer game released using Vishnu and so is showing up different problems which will be addressed by S4,I know this for a fact as the little beggar keeps sending uprades as soon as I have installed the last one

Quote: "S4 had me make up a watermark for his betas, so now they will all have this huge logo and "Beta testing only" across the screen"

This means another is on the way.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 20:25
I am uploading the fixed version of the multiplayer game to my site now.
When it is done you can download it using the same link or just click on my sig and look for it on my site.
Again I apologize for any confusion.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@rolfy Your beta testing is perfect to see that it dont have any problems when you use like a good boy.

Im looking into the multiplayer issue's now so yes u be getting a new beta soon rolfy lol.

Best s4
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 21:30 Edited at: 7th Jun 2007 21:30
kk looks like people are pressing f12 to exit fpsc and its to exit vishnu, so then people start hitting random buttons that put's the keyboard into lock down, there is a simple unlock key that is in fred p read me.

Ctrl will release your keyboard again I will be looking at making this more user friendly.

best s4

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 23:19:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 23:19:07