Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Lyte:FX, ordered 5 months ago, still no download, site down now

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 20:11 Edited at: 25th Jun 2008 05:37
After waiting 5 months for Lyte:FX, I am again imploring Butters to send me a download link. I paid for it. Please send it.

kbarber29@sbcglobal.net
kbarber29@hotmail.com
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 20:46
@Jo Jo monkey.

The creator of lyte:fx, Peanutbutterfingers is still currently having problems with family, although 5 months to wait for somthing like that is amazing, usaual after a day people come out shouting "oh Ive orderd it 1 minute ago, where's my download?" and such.

But as you see John(butters) Is having problems with his family and such, so it may be awhile, although it may actauly bea diffrent problem now.

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 21:12
Butters should have ad least disabled the buy button for the things on his website.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 21:50
Maybe months later.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 22:23 Edited at: 1st Jun 2008 22:25
I seen that he posted on the Dark Basic section of the forum, not that long ago...

Edit: He posted a dough nut character in March, the last I seen of him was on March 7th...

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 18:26
Jo Jo Monkey, just get your money back. This is appauling.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Jo Jo Monkey, just get your money back. This is appauling."

Give him time. If butters is having family problems you should respect that.

Was cool kid
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 18:42 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2008 18:43
:::::ERRONEOUS DOUBLE POST REDACTED BY SETH BLACK:::::

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 18:42
...speed has never been Butterfingers' focus of concern.

Having just experienced tragic loss, myself, I can empathize with him, but the world doesn't stop spinning on its axis.

Neglect is just bad business practice.

I'd be asking for my money to be returned at this point...

5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Double Post

Was cool kid
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 18:45
...sorry about the glitch.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 19:09
You can have Paypal cancel your order and get your money back. I did this after waiting about two months for LYTE:FX and ButterCutter.

Funny thing is that his website has been updated at least once lately. But of course, the site is completly down right now.
Kilgore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 19:28
I've had a similar experience with ordering buttercutter. It's disappointing - after all, it can't be too time consuming to just send a link/file.

That said, sometimes real life problems get in the way of everything. I hope things are sorting themselves out for him.
SOTSOG FPS GameCreators
Years of Service
User Offline
I too ordered buttercutter on the 1/4/08 and still no download link. I have sent e-mails with not a single reply.. nothing!!!! I'm not impressed, i run my own company and if I go down I have a backup plan and someone behind me to execute it, to keep my customers happy and satisfied....
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 02:57
IIRC Butters had implemented a system where each purchase had unique files in them (or just one file) which meant that if a copy was posted up on a pirate site he could find out which copy had been used... That is why he didn't just upload the file and you get a download link upon purchase...

However, 5 months is an incredibly long time to wait to receive something you have paid for... Also, I think, it's too late now to receive that money back via the paypal dispute service... I'm pretty sure their limit is 2 months?

[center]
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 04:02
Weel, Fpsfree.com has it for sale and since xploses (or however you spell it) runs that site and probably checks it often you might be able to order there instead

ThankX
Punk13

neilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 05:31
@Punk13,

The store takes you to peanutbutterfingers's site.
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 12:49
5 months?
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 15:01
yes 5 months.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 20:40
Quote: "The store takes you to peanutbutterfingers's site."

oh ooops

ThhankX
Punk 13

Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, shucks. I guess I'm just outta luck. Hmmmm....
Cornett Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 10:34
Five months? Most places these days are barely giving you five weeks to ask for your money back, and a lot of them aren't even letting you get actual money back; they give you those damn gift cards instead!

Personal problems aside, five months is a little long to be waiting for a custom set of files. I'd say at this point, Butters should give you either LyteFX with a full refund or that and Buttercutter without having to pay the extra fee. The last time I had to wait for a certain length of time, I ended up getting a free model just because of how long it took the guy to process the order, and that wasn't even his fault! Seriously, any other company who would make their customers wait that long for a product (even with personal issues factored in) would either be busting ass to make up for it or already have folded over by the end of month number four due to bad word of mouth.

Gemstone Games is now Cornett Media
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 12:21
Look... It is horrible for Butterfingers for losing a family member.

But it is over 5 months now, that that happened!
And i think that most people over here and actually everywhere
expierenced a loss in their family.
It is sad of course! But not that i would be depressed for 5 months.

He could easily taken care of that order in those 5 months..
Or he could just taken off that download!

And i agree with you Cornett Media!
If butterfingers would all of a sudden send his order to "Jo Jo Monkey".
I think the only reasonable thing to do is, give a free copy of buttercutter aswell!

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 12:39
As I wrote earlier you can quite easily have Paypal return your money from the orders you've made. I suggest you do that and if the sales someday return you can place a new order.

Don't loose your money on this people. I am happy that I have my money back.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 20:21
I've been waiting since the end of March for my copy of ButterCutter, so it's not been as long, but still... I would like some info about it, period. If he has a reason for not getting the downloads out, then tell us. But to not contact us about a delay is bad business. I have a lot of respect for Butters, but this is a major blemish on his public reputation. I'd like just some sort of notification that I will eventually get the product, rather than just sitting here in the dark.

Gunn3r Games
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 23:39 Edited at: 15th Jun 2008 23:53
Quote: "It is sad of course! But not that i would be depressed for 5 months."

I think that is a little bit of a ignorant comment. You don't know how different people cope with different things...he might have taken it really hard. Or, for all you know, something else could have happened. Maybe someone else died. Maybe HE died. You don't know these things, and if Butters hasn't come back here yet to give you your Lyte:FX, then I'm pretty sure he has a good reason.

EDIT: Cheese Cake, just to clarify, that was not an attack on you. I think you're great.

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 12:08
Inspire...no offense taken!

And i agree with you! Something could have happen to him or to someone in his social ring.

But Butters was always someone who gave late replies or late orders.

Actually he was almost late with everything...
I remember when i gave him a mail... with some models attached. (this was for his project)
I wanted to know if they were good for his game but! It took several days when he finally gave me a reply by mail.
And now this is only 1 mail...not even a order!

So he was always like this...only now it could be somewhat worse because of a loss.
And i truly understand if he stopped looking on the forums after that.
That maybe he wanted to spend some time alone...or maybe spend some time with his friends!?! Who knows.
I feel sorry for his loss, i truly do.

But i still think it would be better if he just had taken of his pack.
Cause i dont think that he, in those 5 months... didnt spend any time behind the computer.
Maybe for checking some mails that he could have received from his work or someone else!
So he could just easily handle this order while he checked a mail...

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 12:27 Edited at: 16th Jun 2008 12:30
All things aside, Business is Business. Regardless of what is going on if you have a business going you have to make good on your end. I know that may sound mean but it's the truth. 5 Months is retarded, at some point he should have pulled the link down when he realized that he was not going to go through with his sales, and yes he made that decision, He decided not to send out the orders that people had made.

I would never wish anything foul to befall a person; if nothing is wrong with Butters I give him this message:

Get up off your couch, shake it off and get on with your life.

It's that simple.

For those that say that I do not know what I am talking about, save your speech for someone else. I probably buried more family members and friends by the time I turned 17 than most of you will in your life time.

Regards,
Dave

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 13:05
Reality Forgotten...I couldnt say it better than you said it!

And i also expierenced some losses in my family or social ring...
But 5 months!

Not that i say that i am cold harded..

Fluffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 14:35
Yep I also have been waiting for my Lyte-FX order to arrive for about 5 months aswell!

You just wasted a few seconds of your life reading this signature!
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 19:56
Well, you guys do realize that the website has been updated in those 5 months, right? In Feburary, (If I remember right), the site looked different. For him to have updated it, means that he was on his computer at least once. He could have easily hit Send on those orders... I can wait for ButterCutter (I've already waited 2 months...) a little longer, but still. It's the principle of the idea.

Gunn3r Games
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 04:42
As much as I respect Butters as an artist, I agree that this delay is ridiculous. I have worked with people who have lost their spouses, and they came back to work after two weeks. They might not have been functioning at 100%, but they were trying at least. Like Reality Forgotten, I attended 18 funerals for loved ones by the time I was 18 years old (luckily I haven't been to very many since), so I have seen the grieving process from multiple angles. Butters really needs to get his act together.

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 04:55
Well, definitely, we could all grieve for Butter's loss. And yes, I checked his site, and it did look slightly different. Sad to hear a family member lost, but still, 5 months is ridiculous! If you still could, just get your money back through paypal, but if it's the limit, I can't help ya dude.
But that website just proves that he was on his computer, so why can't he just send your order?
Sheesh.
-Adrian

Adriano jones
Jaeg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 21:29
Have you guys ever thought that maybe the orders got lost?

If you get mad and want to type something nasty about another person do this-Type what you want to say in the box then press ctrl-a and hit delete then type what you should say.
Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 00:25
I dunno...

Adriano jones
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 00:49
Every single order for 6 months? Highly unlikely.

Gunn3r Games
Jaeg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 01:04
The front end of the site might work but we don't know what the back end's condition is.

If you get mad and want to type something nasty about another person do this-Type what you want to say in the box then press ctrl-a and hit delete then type what you should say.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Well Butterfingers is apparently alive and kicking, he just made a new thread here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131781&b=5

You guys should probably ask him what's up in his very own thread, probably a better chance you'll get a reply from him.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 15:14
Yeah i think that is a better thing to do...

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2008 21:03
I posted a link to this thread in his program announcement...

Gunn3r Games
Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2008 01:15 Edited at: 19th Jun 2008 16:06
I made a reply in the other thread. Here's hoping with fingers crossed!!!

UPDATE:

Hmmm... My post as well as someone else's got erased from that thread. What's up with that? I just simply asked about Lyte:FX. There was no profanity or anything else. Wasn't even rude.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 05:14
Just out of curiosity. If this was another member of the forum who wasn't Butterfingers would they have had their account banned for taking money off people and then not giving what they paid for?

I know the situation is not so cut and dry as that because he is not some new member and has a better reputation than that(although it must be getting slightly tarnished at the moment due to this) but still my question stands...

Surely one of the mods or someone from these forums who corresponds with him could email him so these people could get what they paid for...

[center]
Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 05:15 Edited at: 20th Jun 2008 05:16
Sorry about the double post...

But, everytime I post in dead ends, my posts are being deleted. This is uncanny. Does he just not want to respond?

BTW, I've e-mailed John Ribbons multiple times, left messages on his website, nada. No response.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 05:40
Ponderous!

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if anyone else remembers, but this exact same scenario played out earlier this year. A bunch of people ordered Buttercutter around Christmas, and waited months to get their download.

He did come through on all the orders eventually, but seeing this all happen a second time seems really rotten if I dare say so. I can't even imagine why it's taking so long.

Anyway, hope you all get a fair resolution.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 08:19
I'm fine with waiting longer. I'm patient... I can't say the same for everyone else on these forums waiting for the things they bought.

Gunn3r Games
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 13:30
Considering that you could order a pizza from Mars and get it delivered faster I'm not so surprised people are unpatient...

Duke Nukem Forever could launch before... Just think about that
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 15:49
Perhaps X10 will even be mature before you get it.

Wait! Naaaaaaaaaaa! LOL

It is something for TGC to look into. You can't push your games here and be so blatant with bad business practice. It brings the whole forum down.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
20 Days later after this thread started and still no response from Butters.

Just a note: It is not my intention, as some have said above, to tarnish Butters name. I just want what I paid for.
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2008 13:30
Jo Jo I feel so sorry for you not getting it STILL.

I gave that thread a little bump for you so hopefully Butter will reply.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 05:24:21
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 05:24:21